Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I love that the whole Goto-Ibushi promo was simple enough to understand that you don't actually need to watch the English stream and expose yourself to Callis' drivel.

Edit:
KAZE NI NARE!

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I missed it last time, but tonight....

♪ KAZE NI NARE! ♪ :woop:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I like to think that Suzuki gun just start attacking each other with chairs at all social gatherings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the idea that these guys beating the poo poo out of Suzuki means he's going to give them a promotion.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ishii and ZSJ are going to steal the show at WK.

Also the ZSJ/Taichi v Ishii/Yano match was really good.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Ishii and ZSJ are going to steal the show at WK.

Considering that WK is going to have Naito/Jericho 2, Omega/Tanahashi, Goto/Ibushi and Okada/Switchblade it's going to have competition.

God drat WK13 is gonna loving rock.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Considering that WK is going to have Naito/Jericho 2, Omega/Tanahashi, Goto/Ibushi and Okada/Switchblade it's going to have competition.

God drat WK13 is gonna loving rock.

Its gonna rip

Also Kushida/Ishimori

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The Taichi pants spot was extra innovative this time! :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor Cobb, but yay for EVIL!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That match owned

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 18, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SANADA IS TALKING :aaa:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

normally this isn't a tour i'd recommend people watch unless they were already inclined but that was a fun well paced card that built to a couple dome matches and had a solid main event. EVIL's really starting to get over

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mixcat_gu/status/1064132787425296384?s=19

This picture makes the nothing Ibushi/Goto feud all worthwhile.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

next four shows will be limited production with the league matches uploaded later.

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2018
November 20th
Takaoka Techno Dome, Toyama

World Tag League Match:Togi Makabe and Toa Henare [0] vs. Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [2]
World Tag League Match:Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb [0] vs. Killer Elite Squad [2]
World Tag League Match:CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) [0] vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka) [0]
World Tag League Match:Juice Robinson and David Finlay [2] vs. Guerillas of Destiny [2]

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2018
November 21st
Shibata-shi Cultural Center, Nagata

World Tag League Match:TenCozy [0] vs. Ayato Yoshida and Shota Umino [0]
World Tag League Match:Best Friends [2] vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ and Taichi) [2]
World Tag League Match:L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA) [2] vs. BC Elite (Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) [0]

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2018
November 23rd
Culttz Kawasaki, Kanagawa

World Tag League Match:Ayato Yoshida and Shota Umino vs. Best Friends
World Tag League Match:Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
World Tag League Match:Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb
World Tag League Match:Togi Makabe and Toa Henare vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)

WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2018
November 24th
Mainichikogyo Arena Kuki, Saitama

World Tag League Match:BC Elite (Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Suzuki-gun (ZSJ and Taichi)
World Tag League Match:TenCozy vs. Guerillas of Destiny
World Tag League Match:CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Killer Elite Squad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, we're only one round in, but only surprise in the table is TenCozy losing. I know Nagata and Nakanishi team pretty regularly, but I just figured that Tenzan and Kojima were seen as the more the legit team, and the legit teams have been going over the makeshift pairs.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, we're only one round in, but only surprise in the table is TenCozy losing. I know Nagata and Nakanishi team pretty regularly, but I just figured that Tenzan and Kojima were seen as the more the legit team, and the legit teams have been going over the makeshift pairs.

They’re all Third Generation guys, Tenzan is pretty part time and Kojima was banged up earlier in the year. It’s possible.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I guess New Japan doesn't want anyone who couldn't see it live to watch this show, because their website is down for maintenance all day.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Takuan posted:

I guess New Japan doesn't want anyone who couldn't see it live to watch this show, because their website is down for maintenance all day.
lol i started watching it about an hour ago and my stream is still going, guess i better not refresh or anything

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Takuan posted:

12 midnight local time on a Sunday evening is a perfectly cromulent time to do backend updates.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

harperdc posted:

12 midnight local time on a Sunday evening is a perfectly cromulent time to do backend updates.

Aren't the majority of NJPW World users outside of Japan, though?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Aren't the majority of NJPW World users outside of Japan, though?

No

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9q-HyjvO74

This is loving awesome.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was giggling non-stop while watching this for the first time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Goto using the Bugs Bunny trick is amazing

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Goto did something cool!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goto absolutely nailing Kota's psychology and exploiting it was loving hilarious. The way Kota freaked out about not getting attention anymore was incredible.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
You know what? If this leads to Kota becoming Openweight champion then I'm ok with this.

If it leads to him vs. Ospreay then :gonk::fh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

You know what? If this leads to Kota becoming Openweight champion then I'm ok with this.

If it leads to him vs. Ospreay then :gonk::fh:

I'm 99.9% sure that's where this is going. Why do the match on a tag league show otherwise?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
the expression on the journalist at the end of that Ibushi interview is perhaps the best part of a very good video

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Maybe I've missed it, what's been going on between Kota and Goto?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe I've missed it, what's been going on between Kota and Goto?

Goto wanted to defend at the Dome against a worthy opponent, namedropped Kota, then kept nagging him about it when Kota said no. Finally got the yes after he said he accepted Kota’s no’s and wouldn’t bug him/give him attention anymore

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the defence is at the tag league finals though so we could still be getting Ibushi/Ospreay at WK13.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh, I thought it was for the Dome. Even that video posted has Kota saying he’s got nothing else to do there otherwise. Also wasn’t sure if Ospreay was any closer to being cleared yet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW Twitter said the match is happening December 9th so idk

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
My favorite part about the post-match comment from Goto - Kota is that Kota starts pretending like he's the one who tricked Goto into the match. :allears:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hmm. I wonder what they have in mind for Goto for WK, then?

Minoru Suzuki also doesn't seem to have an obvious singles match brewing. I hope they don't just redo Suzuki vs Goto, as awesome as that match was at WK12.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sadly I think both end up in the NEVER 6 man gauntlet at this point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sadly I think both end up in the NEVER 6 man gauntlet at this point

Are we even getting one of those? GoD and Ishimori are both going to have other matches going on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Are we even getting one of those? GoD and Ishimori are both going to have other matches going on

They can drop the 6-mans at the WTL finals or Road to Tokyo Dome, that's what EVIL, Sanada and Bushi did last year before EVIL and Sanada went to fight for the tag belts at WK12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Adam Page and Yujiro's team is called DXXk and Balls. That's some good poo poo