Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The only downside to The Screaming; Skull is the Gumby short was great and until the show ended we kept asking if they'd ever do another one and sadly it never worked out.

"THIS IS WORSE THAN SEVEN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Dawgstar posted:

The only downside to The Screaming; Skull is the Gumby short was great and until the show ended we kept asking if they'd ever do another one and sadly it never worked out.

Now I'm ready for years of powerful Adlerian therapy, Mike!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Just throwing this out in the ether, but I wish they would do A*P*E one day.

That would be amazing. And Gymkata as well.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Dawgstar posted:

That squares my breasts!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Is Gumbo a matador? :confused:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Son, I’m going to need a can of Play-Doh to replace my butt.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Thank God for the internal genitalia!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Gumby short is one of my first solid memories of warching mst3k, a lot of it kind of blended together in my memory as the thing we'd watch every Saturday morning on our super limited satellite TV channels but that one I warched at my grandma's house. had to try not to crack up too much lest grandma make me turn off the show about gumbys genitals. ROBOT RUMP? Aww I thought it was gonna be about robot rump

Also Turkey Day pre marathon today! They are showing some behind the scenes documentary stuff right now and it's pretty fascinating. Some super old photos from the original Joel episode that are really neat to see. Like they showed the setup for the original countdown sequence.

Edit wtf warch? I'm leaving it in because it sounds like redneck speak. Y'all wanna warch that show with them lil ole robots in it?

Dixville fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 18, 2018

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm warching too. I wonder what Joel episodes they have on tap for today.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
CAN WE HELP YOU MOVIE LADY? DO YOU NEED A PUSH OR SOMETHING?

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I thought it started at 12pm est? It's already airing. What'd I miss?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

I thought it started at 12pm est? It's already airing. What'd I miss?
It does start at noon, they're just showing a behind-the-scenes of Season 11.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Schedule in PST:

7:00 AM — Pre-marathon bonus! Kickstarter documentary We Brought Back MST3K and two MST3K shorts
9:00 AM — Episode 1
11:00 AM — Episode 2
1:00 PM — Episode 3
3:00 PM — Episode 4
5:00 PM — Episode 5
7:00 PM — Episode 6

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or did Jonah lose a lot of weight between seasons?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Good lord 30 years.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Words can not adequately convey just how excited I am, sitting down to watch my first ever Turkey Day Marathon. Let's GOOOOOOW!

EDIT: And no commercials? This is the second greatest day of my life!

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 18, 2018

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Starting with 111: Moon Zero Two.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Wow Jonah with no glasses.

Moon Zero Two season 1 hoooboooy

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh wow starting with Moon Zero Two!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hey look at that, he's beating the titles out of him!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
"It's Donald Trump chasing the bad guys away"

"Makes perfect sense"

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 18, 2018

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ha, an anti-Trump riff almost thirty years ago.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
this thing is huge! huh?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
It's Donald Trump and he's chasing the bad guys away. That doesn't make any sense.
- it makes perfect sense.

Not, you never know which jokes will still land 30 years in the future.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This better not be a genderswapped Barbarella opening.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Moon Zero Two for me is a total sleeper. People single out a lot of the other back end of season one episodes, but this one always worked for me. I think its likely because it's a pretty painless movie. It's just dopey.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
He's got Playtex living elbows.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Julie Driscoll sings the opening song. She had a really amazing rendition of This Wheels on Fire, which I think was the first version ever released.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
e;nm , it's fixed

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Robbie Rotten cameo!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, best episode of season 1 and probably the best quality film they ever did

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Barudak posted:

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, best episode of season 1 and probably the best quality film they ever did

Marooned was a good movie too.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
“Land it? You mean ‘crash it’ and that’s against the law in a big way!”
-“He’s right, just ask John Landis.”

:drat:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Oh thank you Vidal Sassoon.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Having watched that clip from Future War and Rifftrax Deadly Prey yesterday, I will happily take badly choreographed "martial arts" action over modern shaky cam action fights.

Also this movie is a lot of fun to watch and to look at. I must have been trained to space out while watching these in order some years back, because I didn't remember it being this fun.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Moon Zero Two, Phase IV, and Danger: Diabolik are probably the MST3K movies I enjoy the most as movies.

I also didn't mind Space Travelers that much.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Could Super Mario Galaxy be considered "Super Lunar Mario Bros."...?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
...is this still Moon Zero Two?

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if the Cinematic Titanic "complete" DVD set is actually all 12 full movies/riffs? $30 seems too cheap for 12 movies, especially when they have individual movies for 14 bucks each on Amazon.

This DVD collection
Cinematic Titanic

EDIT: haha I love that the bar on the Moon is called Moon Bar and the bartender is named LEM

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

See that? Means absolutely nothing.