Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Johnny Gargano is a giant tryhard dweeb and it shows in his matches but I love that dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

Johnny Gargano is a giant tryhard dweeb and it shows in his matches but I love that dork

Same.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
HOw long does it usually take for takeovers to be put up on hulu?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Listened to the latest episode of WOR, and the best part was either Dave talking about how cool Lars was (he started talking about how ripped Lars was, and Dave gushed over his thighs), or him having to admit that Jessamyn and Marina are really green (although I think this was him sugarcoating it since he was struggling to say it) and probably shouldn't be on TV.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 18, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

He pointed out that Kairi's shoulder was clearly off the mat.

....'scuse me.

Why did they do a middle-of-Raw-rear end "HEY HER SHOULDER WAS OFF THE MAT" finish on a fuckin' NXT Takeover for the fuckin' Women's Championship.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it was a botch and they're just including it into the story but someone smarter then me probably knows for sure.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

....'scuse me.

Why did they do a middle-of-Raw-rear end "HEY HER SHOULDER WAS OFF THE MAT" finish on a fuckin' NXT Takeover for the fuckin' Women's Championship.

Because they want to extend this feud and it shows that Shayna can't beat Kairi through legitimate means. Also I don't think it was a botch considering Triple H outright said we haven't seen the last of Kairi going after Shayna for the title. Just that now Kairi has backup of her own to even the playing field again. NXT has established that Shayna can't beat Kairi on an even playing field.

And considering how bad/green the MMA 4HW are, they will probably do the six woman tag on TV, and then another Kairi/Shayna match at Takeover: Phoenix. Otherwise you run the risk of the crowd making GBS threads all over the match.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 18, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The only negative I have about Jessamyn and Marina is that they brought them both in at the same time. You need to spread Ronda's friends out and plan for the future, now you have to hope that Ronda makes new friends

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Maybe its because I'm not hot on Ciampa as a champ but I didn't enjoy Ciampa/Dream as much as I thought I would.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I thought Ciampa/Dream was really slow to start and didn't really start getting good until after the spit trail part, but finished strong. I preferred Gargano/Black because it had way more emotional resonance for me. But I think overall, Takeover still is an awesome thing to watch and even a weak Takeover is pretty great.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah Gargano/Black had everything I wanted including the finish of putting Gargano down with 2 Black Masses.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Imagine not liking a wrestling match because there is melodrama.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when does takeover show up on hulu

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

STONE COLD 64 posted:

It doesn't.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I’d check back Monday, it’s usually 24 hrs after showtime

All the other Takeovers are there

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. The NXT Women's Division is pretty much hosed for the foreseeable future. There are exactly zero babyfaces built up to take the title from Shayna right now. And before anyone says Bianca, they reinforced her heel status last week on NXT, so that isn't happening.

Bianca's a heel that will have 100% fan support against Shayna for the NXT Women's title and that's good enough for me

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT added another Coach and likely a sign an NXT Australia brand is coming soon

https://twitter.com/HartleyJackson_/status/1063935599525195776

Hartley is an Australian wrestler who has wrestled for Zero 1 in Japan. Not a major name to fans but he's very popular and respected in the industry. Tight with Finn Balor etc.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oldskool posted:

Bianca's a heel that will have 100% fan support against Shayna for the NXT Women's title and that's good enough for me

Bianca will probably continue to be snubbed or get a title match at Full Sail. Triple H brought it up in the Q&A they air after every Takeover, and he and Cathy Kelly pointed out that while Shayna won, it wasn't a "clean" pin. Kairi had her shoulder up before the 3 count, but the referee didn't catch it. He went on to say that he doubts this business between Kairi and Shayna is resolved, and that now that Kairi has backup of her own to neutralize the other 4HW, things are going to get more interesting.

I guess the overarching plot now is interesting as well, because it shows that Shayna can't beat Kairi on an even playing field. And with the introduction of Dakota Kai and Io Shirai aligning themselves with Kairi, the field is even again.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if we get a six woman tag on the upcoming TV tapings (because Jessamyn and Marina are both really...green (and apparently that is sugarcoating it)), and another Kairi/Shayna match at Takeover: Phoenix. Because at least during the TV tapings, you can edit the match to make it at least passable.

And yeah, I can see Bianca getting a title match on TV instead of at a Takeover. They have two sets of tapings until the next Takeover event. A set on November 28th (which will last them until Jan. 2nd) and then another set on Jan. 3rd, which will last them until Jan. 26th (which is Takeover: Phoenix).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 19, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

likely a sign an NXT Australia brand

I can barely make time to watch the US version, don't have time to watch the UK show and now an Australia version? :sigh:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dave said they were planning on having like a whole bunch of nxt's so yeah buckle up for like 70 hours of nxt a week!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT UK doesn’t do house shows, right? It’s more like latter-day TNA where they do a whole lot of taping and then everyone fucks off again to the indies / 205 Live?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

NXT UK doesn’t do house shows, right? It’s more like latter-day TNA where they do a whole lot of taping and then everyone fucks off again to the indies / 205 Live?

Yep.

Triple H is making an announcement at the NXT UK tapings in Liverpool this Saturday. Likely a Takeover-y type show.

I know they have a hold on a famous UK Wrestling venue in April.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

With this potential Australia brand for NXT, WWE is really trying to fill all hours of the day with their brand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By 2031 we will do nothing but watch WWE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hopefully by that time everyone will be a wrestler

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Rarity posted:

By 2031 we will do nothing but watch WWE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

then. now. forever.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I don't know about you but I'm really looking forward to NXT Kazakhstan.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
NXT Saudi Arabia is gonna set the wrestling world on fire.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bumper Stickup posted:

NXT Saudi Arabia is gonna set the wrestling world on fire.

MBS (wearing an I love oil shirt): I had no knowledge of how the fire was started.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Velveteen was not even a year old when the NWO formed what the gently caress

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DarkstarIV posted:

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if we get a six woman tag on the upcoming TV tapings (because Jessamyn and Marina are both really...green (and apparently that is sugarcoating it)), and another Kairi/Shayna match at Takeover: Phoenix. Because at least during the TV tapings, you can edit the match to make it at least passable.

And yeah, I can see Bianca getting a title match on TV instead of at a Takeover. They have two sets of tapings until the next Takeover event. A set on November 28th (which will last them until Jan. 2nd) and then another set on Jan. 3rd, which will last them until Jan. 26th (which is Takeover: Phoenix).

If I get to see Kairi win the strap live I will die happy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Accident Underwater posted:

Velveteen was not even a year old when the NWO formed what the gently caress

He's tributing the best version of the NWO. Y'know, with Booker T and Shawn Michaels!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Very pleased this is public and finally happening:

quote:

As PWInsider.com has noted over the last week, there are a number of talents who appear to be WWE bound when the next WWE NXT class is announced this January.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that WWE has strong interest in former Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling star ACH and it appears, pending all the usual processes one has to go through while signing with the company, that he will be Orlando-bound to join the NXT brand this January.

On a national level, ACH has most recently been seen in Major League Wrestling, where he had been teaming with Rich Swann. ACH, 30 years old, broke into the business in the Texas independent scene, being trained by Jerry Reyes and Scott Summers. He had a six year run in Ring of Honor, departing in 2016 and has worked for Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan as well as New Japan as himself and the masked Tiger the Dark. He's also worked in Mexico and for Impact Wrestling and is a hell of an aerial talent who's overall work and promos have greatly improved every year he's been around the business.

PWInsider.com can also confirm that Ring of Honor had been in discussions with ACH to return to the company in recent but those talks ended without a deal being consumated."

Very misunderstood and hardworking.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Now they just need to get Ethan Page #trollboyz

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good for ACH but I'm going to miss him in Japan and Mexico. Here's hoping they give him better then Crews.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good for ACH getting paid but boy do I hate the WWE just signing everyone available. The roster is already bloated to the point of good wrestlers not getting used enough, they have made so few new legit stars in the last decade and so the top of the card is still full of guys like Lesnar and Orton who've been around for 15+ years.

I don't blame anyone for signing for the WWE, it's guaranteed money in a business where that doesn't really exist in many other places but strangling the indy scene by taking everyone with half a vague while cutting almost nobody is going to hurt them in the longterm because suddenly there won't be safe veteran hands for guys to learn from.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’ve gotta be going to a two hour weekly show at this point

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Very pleased this is public and finally happening:

Very misunderstood and hardworking.

Super 69 noooooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldskool posted:

Now they just need to get Ethan Page #trollboyz

He is signed with IMPACT for 2 years. Had a NXT tryout lined up this time last year but the dumb stuff on his part happened.

forkboy84 posted:

Good for ACH getting paid but boy do I hate the WWE just signing everyone available. The roster is already bloated to the point of good wrestlers not getting used enough, they have made so few new legit stars in the last decade and so the top of the card is still full of guys like Lesnar and Orton who've been around for 15+ years.

I don't blame anyone for signing for the WWE, it's guaranteed money in a business where that doesn't really exist in many other places but strangling the indy scene by taking everyone with half a vague while cutting almost nobody is going to hurt them in the longterm because suddenly there won't be safe veteran hands for guys to learn from.

I am all about this in general. But ACH has wanted into NXT for a long time. He had a tryout in 2014 and had his heart really set on it.

Due to a lot of people dragging his name into the dirt and feeding false/overblown stories to newsletters ACH has had to prove himself to WWE talent relations to a crazy degree and has been told to tortuously to "sit tight" a long while.