Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Whoever had claimed it had been right. There was a transit system down here. Aged and worn down, but clearly still maintained and functioned.

This must have been part of the old subway systems, once. Now, it was just another facet of a tumor in this sickly city. Of course New Horizon would have a special underground transit system. With everything they'd been doing, why wouldn't they have?

At least cleanly, they could make their getaway as they felt the faint heat and heard the crackling of the labs set ablaze. Hopefully, nothing would come from that...

In the meantime, the five of them called an active tram as they started to board it, having found a path that would lead them relatively close to their grand hideout. As they boarded, however, something came to mind.

Wait.

Five?

quote:

You wouldn't know it looking at Riley now, but in their childhood, they were the ultimate troublemaker - jumping out of dark corners to spook people they followed, just for the fun of it. Eventually, those fun hobbies and pranks turned into something they could leverage - especially as the world got worse. They were gootd at weeding out traitors and people who were trying to ditch their commitments, and some people even gave them a share of the person's "cut" on smaller jobs for making sure they didn't snitch. That might be the first time Riley realized that this could be a real profession.

Fast forward several years, and they had gotten a chance to sit themselves in front of the people running one of Verge's biggest up-and-coming crews.You didn't need some gimmick - every crew needed someone like you, and you considered yourself drat good at your job.

They agreed, and it'd been smooth sailing since.

:rip: SolusLunes, aka Riley "Nightowl" Calder, CREW(Town)-Aligned Shadow (Tracker), was eviscerated during Intermission 5! :rip:

The tram left before they could go back for his body. Now, stuck on the tram with someone who was still determined to finish the crew off... what were they to do?

It is now Act 6. Deadline is at 10 PM Eastern Standard Time, on Tuesday, November 20th.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:camera6: Votecount for Act 6 :camera6:

Not Voting (5): EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Max

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 20th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm just evicerated

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I honestly don’t know if the scum are all dead, or both a scum and sk are alive and one withheld their kill or what, and am probably not going to focus much in this tonight. Obviously no one should vote yet because who knows what the gently caress is going on.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Honestly, there’s no benefit to scum or SK to withholding their kills at this point. SK needs to kill everyone eventually anyways and scum kill would give themselves a very high chance at securing the victory if there were two kills last night. I think it’s safe to assume at this point that we only really have to deal with the SK atm this point.

So it seems that scum were the ones to headshot the targets while SK eviserated. That means the SK targets were the following:

N1 No kill
N2 ASF
N3 Hal
N4 Kitiara
N5 Solus

I’m not sure if it is indicative of anything or if it will help lead us to a target. Solus seemed like the obvious kill last night considering his abilities and how bad said abilities would be for the SK.

I though CPig actually did observe KB killing someone last night, but seeing as how the SK flavour is eviserated, it does look like he was doing a Hail Mary play to survive. Not sure why he didn’t target me though, considering it would’ve been an easier case to make considering how suspicious I’ve been throughout the game.

My main suspicion still rests on KB, but we have a lot of time to discuss and I don’t think we should be making any decisions hastily.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It’s common for the scum to have to pick between an action or carrying out the kill. I don’t want to discount kB because who knows what’s up with night actions, but if cpig was the last scum he likely couldn’t watch and kill at the same time, so that was a Hail Mary play.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
kb

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimmy, did you do anything last night?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it's me everyone's friend rebecco the ecco here to save the day with a working computer!!

beep boop

List of Living Players:

- EccoRaven
- got some chores tonight
- jimmydalad
- King Burgundy
- Max

I have role-based reason to believe that it's not Max or chores, leaving Jimmy or KB as possibilities. It's possible my role-reasons are mistaken/falsified, but I doubt it for reasons that should be kind of obvious if you think about it, and honestly I'm tired and just don't want to review the game from scratch.

Between the two I think I prefer jimmy to KB - Jimmy iirc is the only one who, for lack of a better term, doesn't have an "alibi." KB at least was jailed by imgay and claimed the jail before imgay announced it. Is that right? This past week has been a blur.

Jimmy what did you do last night?

KB is still unclaimed but I'm suspecting he'll say he's one of the visitors.

I have no role-based reasons suggesting why the shot-kill didn't happen last night. Maybe the mafia are dead, maybe they're not, but either way if there's a remaining mafia I'd suspect KB, so it's somewhat immaterial.

I think that's it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

KB at least was jailed by imgay and claimed the jail before imgay announced it. Is that right? This past week has been a blur.

That's correct.

EccoRaven posted:

Maybe the mafia are dead, maybe they're not, but either way if there's a remaining mafia I'd suspect KB, so it's somewhat immaterial.

I was a major part of the reason DB happened. And drove real hard for Gulag. It makes almost no sense that I'd be mafia. If the mafia even still exist. I'll forgive you this horrible read since you kinda are checked out.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

That's correct.

I was a major part of the reason DB happened. And drove real hard for Gulag. It makes almost no sense that I'd be mafia. If the mafia even still exist. I'll forgive you this horrible read since you kinda are checked out.

I had forgotten how early you voted for DB., or at all for that matter. My read was mostly because I think Jimmy is the SK, and process of elimination.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I did nothing last night.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m gonna start this day re-iterating the arguments that I made yesterday towards the identity of the SK.

jimmydalad posted:

I’m quoting this again just cause I think it needs to be brought up again and is probably the main reasoning/argument behind me being scum. This reasoning is solid assuming that there is an SK in the game and that they only have one ability. Honestly, I’m having a very hard time breaking through the reasoning of what has been laid out with the information I have available. I know that it is wrong, however, since I know I’m not the SK.

With the talk of backups going around, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if the SK or scum have at least 1 backup. At the moment, the only way that the scenario can make sense to me is that if the SK had access to multiple abilities on a single night or something along the lines of such. When trying to approach it with that logic, then two people stand out for me.

KB - This one has already been mentioned in the game. There’s been a healthy amount of suspicion on him and even if he was jailed the night before, the SK could have access to Jug that would let him break through the kill. If he could do two actions at once, which is a possibility due to how the JOAT mechanics worked this game, then he could do the jug kill and something else, and the something else was blocked by imgay, which would let him claim innocence and then set up the scenario that framed myself or Chores in the long run. He was also the first person that through suspicion onto me purely because of night action mafia and I feel like that could be him just trying to push me quickly before town has a chance to discuss other potential targets.

Alongside that, KB has never claimed his role, even though he said he was willing to do so the day before yesterday.

King Burgundy posted:

We can still talk game stuff right now right?

If so, have my stuff typed up and I'm fine shooting it out there if we still want me to claim.

Alternately, I can wait till tomorrow when maybe we'll do a mass claim?

We pretty much had a massclaim that lead to the night mafia shenanigans. The only thing that KB has claimed was that he was blocked. We know nothing about what his ability is or what it can do. Outside of me going off of assumptions of game setup, KB has displayed suspicious behaviour and is my biggest read of SK out of the rest of the group.

Max - This one is more based off game set-up and he would fit into the assumed backup SK role the neatest. If we look at the reasoning that KB laid out earlier, there is an assumption that when the mason recruiter recruits someone, they cannot use their night action to do anything else. We aren’t 100% sure that this is the case and there is a possibility that he is an SK that is also backup, thus inheriting GGN’s role and giving support to a role that is notoriously hard to win with IIRC. With the amount of backups, it’s not too errant to assume that the SK could have the backup role to give them the advantage. Plus, they were unaccounted for in that evening and the mason recruiter claim would not only be technically accurate, but also be great for getting people to overlook you since you’re effectively a vanilla townie. This read is more built on assumptions, however, and out of everyone else in the game, he feels like he’d slide in the neatest with the backup SK theory I have.

Overall, these are my two main suspects for SK. It feels like there are much more assumptions going around when trying to attach the moniker of SK to the other people in the game. There is something going on with this game and I know that there is, but it’s hard to come to any definitive conclusion with the information that we have available. If you were to put a gun to my head and make me give a name for SK, I’d say KB because of suspicious behaviour and possibly some jug shenanigans, but I’m not 100% comfortable making that call tonight.

I feel much more comfortable with making the call that CPig is scum and lynching them. I logistically cannot see anyone else as scum considering that KB was the main instigator for Gulag and he’s the other person I’m most suspicious of. I’m not going to vote now because I want to hear opinions about the post I’ve just made, but I will probably cast my vote to lynch CPig later this evening UK time.

I feel like the main argument was the fact that I didn’t have an “alibi” but this game hasn’t only demonstrated that night actions can be difficult to track, but that some roles have access to multiple abilities that can be used at the same time like the JOAT. I believe that the layout that KB set up was made to implicate Chores or myself and when undeniable evidence that Chores couldn’t be SK came up, he pushed the buck onto me. The only reason I’m even in the running of being suspicious is because of time zones and Kitiara being able to be awake and respond to the thread earlier than I can.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jimmy what did you claim

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

MMT, you are seriously barking up the wrong tree. In the context of Buffy Mafia, I was pretty much a confirmed investigative role and as such was more confident in putting out reads on people who were potentially scummy since I could pretty much confirm if they were town or not. In general, I feel that it’s easier for me to make town reads than it is to make scum reads.

Honestly, I feel like we’re going around in circles somewhat so I’d rather put the kibosh on this so that we can focus our energy on someone else. My name is Diego “Co-op” Perez and I’m the youngest of three brothers. My role is called the Decoy and because of my Phobia Reflex Dampener System, during night phase, I can choose someone to hide behind. When I do so, all actions that are targeted towards me fail. However, if the person I hide behind/target is killed, then I die as well and I can’t use the ability on consecutive nights.

I am crew aligned. I am not scum. You are a good town MMT. Please stop trying to lynch me when I’m on your team.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if jimmy is sk hes playing really cleverly for someone who i havent heard of

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

did hambeet target the shot or the eviscerate

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

got some chores tonight posted:

did hambeet target the shot or the eviscerate

The eviscerate.

Monathin posted:

The crew felt the change in the atmosphere as you approached Sub-Floor 3 before you got there. It was hard to deny, though, for what reason it changed, the crew weren't sure until they got there.

Underneath the power station and production lines was apparently a server farm. And not just any server farm, but the largest one any of the crew had ever seen. Each sub-floor had felt bigger than the last, and this was the largest by far. Rows and rows of servers stretched out to the near-limits of your vision - not hard when the lights are tuned so low as to be practically nonexistent, only the glow of the computers around the crew seemed to give any substantial light.

Moreover, this many servers produce a lot of heat - or they would, if the room wasn't set to levels that were seemingly just above freezing. Thankfully, the multi-layered wear of a crew on a mission is build to deal with such extreme changes in climate, but it has nevertheless gotten some of the crew shivering from the suddent and drastic change.

But with servers, naturally, means databases. Already, the crew set out to work picking out clusters of servers to try and brute force and extra data from - with how far down these servers are, it's likely that at least some of the information may be pivotal to the R&D department down below.

Unfortunately, bloodcurdling screams and a shot ringing loud and clear, following by the sparks of what are undoubtedly broken, shorted-out servers startle everyone into action, as they look for the saboteurs' latest victims.

Naturally, they found the gunshot victim first. Two shots to the temple - they had to shake their heads and sigh. She had been doing good work for just being on patrol. It's likely if they got out of this mess, she would've gotten bumped up to a main member of the crew...

:rip: Murmur Twin, aka Allison "Crash" Dewitt, CREW(Town)-Aligned Muscle (Compulsory Visitor), was shot to death during Intermission 3! :rip:

The second kill, naturally, was uglier. A broken server farm, with the square, fine-edged metallic blade having apparently skewered right through it - and its target - from behind, embedding itself in a different server. The clean hole put through the con-man's chest still steaming as his look betrayed his final scream, an empty, silent shadow of the sound that they still felt ringing in their ears.

:rip: Hal Incandenza, aka Aiden "Sly" Foxwell, CREW(Town)-Aligned Switchboard (Busdriver), was eviscerated during Intermission 3! :rip:

They couldn't move on until they had decided who had done these things, and more to the point, many were still working on the server data. There had to be something there, anything, that might clue them in to why this was happening. The chill was creeping in, though, in more ways than one.

They were running out of crew, and time.

It is now Act 4. Deadline is 10 PM Eastern Standard Time on Friday, November 16th.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am fairly confident once it's all set and done that we'll find out Hal had something to do with it. I don't know how it would work, but Hal redirecting beet somehow makes the most sense.

Or maybe the SK has a redirect power.

KB you were jailed that night right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I am fairly confident once it's all set and done that we'll find out Hal had something to do with it. I don't know how it would work, but Hal redirecting beet somehow makes the most sense.

Or maybe the SK has a redirect power.

KB you were jailed that night right?

Well remember Solus actually saw his target visit Hal. So if he was still on Beet, then Beet visited Hal. But yeah, there is something there that we are missing/aren't figuring out. I've tried to imagine scenarios that make it work and haven't really come up with anything short of just having the SK be a Jugg. I guess the SK having a redirection in addition to Hal's bus drive would also help make it work.

Correct, that was the night I was jailed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It is entirely possible that Beet was swapped with someone else, and in a completely terrible coincidence, that person happened to be the SK that Solus tracked.

That still doesn't answer how Beet didn't die in place of Hal though. I do imagine a bus drive is the source of the confusion, though.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im 100% convinced its kb

##vote kb

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

im 100% convinced its kb

##vote kb

You are 100% incorrect. :)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

:)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max, who do you want to vote for?

Sounds like Chores/Jimmy on me. Me/Ecco on Jimmy. You are the deciding vote.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Do we have any reason to withhold roles by this point? There's 5 of us left. We might as well be open at this point considering the numbers and how close to endgame we are. KB still hasn't claimed even though he said he was happy to do so three in-game days ago and I assume there's a reason why Ecco has been tight-lipped as of now.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Having that information would probably help piece together the night phases as well. If we have all the information at hand, we can try and work out what's going on.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Do we have any reason to withhold roles by this point? There's 5 of us left. We might as well be open at this point considering the numbers and how close to endgame we are. KB still hasn't claimed even though he said he was happy to do so three in-game days ago and I assume there's a reason why Ecco has been tight-lipped as of now.

If Max decides to vote me, I'll share what I know before I go so any info I can provide doesn't die with me. It's true I was willing to share days ago, but since Ecco never claimed I figured we weren't doing a mass claim and never did. I assumed she just wanted to keep the bad guys guessing so they didn't have a fully solved night.

So alternately, if Ecco wants to full claim, I'll join her, even if I'm not the cuddle choice.

It probably won't be super helpful, given I can't solve things any better really with my knowledge(unless it really is as simple as you being the SK). But better than nothing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh,

I don't really want to be in this position, though I'll have time tonight once I'm done with work to sit down and ponder this out. Meta wise I know KB can pull off this cool as a cucumber act when it comes down to it. But imgay blocking him on a night we had two kills is too big a factor for me to want to lunch him right this moment.

I dunno. Yeah, claim I guess, it may not be helpful but it will give people something to chew on.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually, yes, please do role claim. I want to see if the roles fit in to the general design philosophy of the game so far.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

Ugh,

I don't really want to be in this position, though I'll have time tonight once I'm done with work to sit down and ponder this out. Meta wise I know KB can pull off this cool as a cucumber act when it comes down to it. But imgay blocking him on a night we had two kills is too big a factor for me to want to lunch him right this moment.

I dunno. Yeah, claim I guess, it may not be helpful but it will give people something to chew on.

sk is definitely a jug given that he killed through hambeet

only wrinkle is that kb knew he was jailed so either he has multiactions (which honestly is something ive been considering for sk in game design but iunno if anyone does often) or a perma self-voyeur or smth else tricky

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the idea that max is the ultimate decider is a bit false (just like all of kbs posts) given that ecco is a leaner rather than a hundred percent lock but its par for the deceitful course of king burgundy

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if jimmy is sk hes real good at posting

i didnt read this thread where he played really well as a scum who accidentally slipped after bussing it whatever so iunno if he actually is real good at posting or what

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

if jimmy is sk hes real good at posting

i didnt read this thread where he played really well as a scum who accidentally slipped after bussing it whatever so iunno if he actually is real good at posting or what

Spoiler: it wasn’t. I scumslipped, panicked then basically just posted poo poo in the thread to try and get the vote on me, throw Sal under the bus and get people not to lynch b- who was freely lynchanle. Somehow that all worked. More dumb luck than anything :p

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

the idea that max is the ultimate decider is a bit false (just like all of kbs posts) given that ecco is a leaner rather than a hundred percent lock but its par for the deceitful course of king burgundy

Naw, it's correct based on stated intentions in the thread. Like, even as scum in other games, I try not to lie. So anything you are attributing to me lying, is probably you making a mistake or jumping to poor conclusions. :)

---

Typing up info drop, I think I'll get it done before I leave the house for Parent Teacher conferences.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Okie dokie.

---

A lot for me to tell, so going to be a long post, but the TLDR is still that nothing really changes. It's gotta be Jimmy as the SK unless the SK can do multiple things.

---

I'm Dalton "Shark" Wescott.

I'm the Bounty Hunter. I was apparently crew, but someone paid me a lot of money to find and kill someone.

I have an ELECTRO-NANOKEVLAR VEST - which is a one shot BP -- I asked Mona about this, and I would know if it had been used up, it has not, so that doesn't explain the missing kill on N1.
I have an M837 'PEACEKEEPER' PISTOL - It's a holdout weapon hooked up to an optical implant for targeting, but it's limited to 1 shot. I used this.
I have TARGET PROFILING - This is another optical implant to help me find my target. I can check three people per night to see if my target is among them. Can't be used the same night as my Pistol.

Based on my backer's limited info, my target is probably the crew's lookout.

I'm Self-aligned and had two versions of victory:
1)If I kill my target, I win and abscond. -- Failed.
2)If my target dies by any other means, I become a survivor who wins with Crew. -- Hasn't technically failed yet, but no way this is going to happen. I can't win.

---

N1: Target Profile'd Ecco, MMT, Fisk - Successful, my bounty is not among them.
N2: Target Profile'd Hal, Max, Beet - Successful, my bounty is not among them.
N3: Target Profile'd Kit, Chores, Solus - Action fails! (I was jailed) Note that at this point I was thinking Imgay was probably the Even Night Lookout(Odd Night Jail and Even Night Lookout made a lot of sense to me) and my target, but decided to rule out the last remaining folks I didn't think I knew.
N4: Shot Imgay. -- Successful, but they were not my bounty. 1-shot NK expended. -- And this is where I misplayed and lost the game for myself.
N5: Target Profile'd Max, Jimmy, Chores - My bounty is there-- I obviously knew Chores was the lookout at this point, decided to still do 3 targets in case Solus tracked me, so it would verify any future claim I made. Thought it would verify Jimmy if he actually hid and my action failed, and thought it would be nice to get the success message on Chores.

---

So what does that mean for night actions? It means the shots, were, in fact, the scum kill. The night that I killed imgay, the shot was mine instead of theirs, because Pig withheld the scum kill to go for the watch action instead. So scum could either NOT kill and use an action at the same time, or at least chose not to. So Pig wasn't lying on that part.

So SK is eviscerates. Still not sure why they wouldn't kill N1, and if they have a jugg it wasn't that their kill was stopped. Maybe the lack of N1 kill was so they could use some other kind of action at the same time as a kill later? But that's just me tinfoiling.

I think it makes sense for balance that scum was only 3, and 1 SK, given I was also in the game. Because if I had successfully killed chores and left, you'd be at final 3 now to vote out the SK, and would have been at 5 the day before with the SK and Pig.

Anyway, I'll be back later if anyone has questions or the like. I think you guys can probably win no problem as long as Jimmy is the SK. Since if you do Jimmy and Me, you win. But if it isn't Jimmy, you are going to lose.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lol you did kill imgay.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm gonna digest this on a walk but that does at least make some of your play this game make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Well then, this is certainly... something. I'm finding it hard not to read it as honest because that is a lot of detail and complicated enough that I don't think you'd be able to fake a claim like that.

Having the same flavour of kill as scum is making me question it a little, but not enough to dissuade me from believing it at the moment.

I think?

I'm wondering if there's something more to it though. I wouldn't be surprise if you are withholding information about your specific win condition. I'm leery of accepting your claim as of yet.

If what you're saying is true, then there is an SK out there and they can do multiple things. Max is the only one unaccounted for during that whole day. We don't have confirmation whether or not recruiting into the Mason counts as the action. Since Ecco was loud and myself and Kitiara heard them, it would leave Max as the most likely person to be the SK?

• Locked thread