Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Hercules also had anger issues like Donald, but it gets decidedly less funny coming from somebody with super strength.

But enough about Donald.

I like how Storkules called green nephew by name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Reinbach posted:

But enough about Donald.

I like how Storkules called green nephew by name.

I'm impressed he pronounces it right every time. But he does have excellent diction.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm impressed he pronounces it right every time. But he does have excellent diction.

I think this is also the first time that Louie hasn't objected to being called Llewellyn either.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Can't spell deity without diet.
Flintheart glomgold somehow sues himself

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So was it Della that came up with the triplets' names or did Donald curse them himself?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ikanreed posted:

Can't spell deity without diet.
Flintheart glomgold somehow sues himself

I'm pretty sure that, as owner and CEO of a major corporation with all kinds of shenanigans going on, Glomgold suing himself isn't as far-fetched as it sounds, though still funny.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I loved Storkules saying "if I'm not hero am I a zero?"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Some Numbers posted:

I loved Storkules saying "if I'm not hero am I a zero?"

Just now realized Disney isn't gonna sue over that

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wouln't be the strangest thing Disney's done.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I was expecting a reveal about whatever Storkules had done that had the harpies pursuing him, and that never came.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I figured it was just Zeus being too lazy, forgetful or spiteful to call them off.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figured it was just Zeus being too lazy, forgetful or spiteful to call them off.

Spiteful sounds about right, considering how he acted back in the season 1 episode.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zeus being a petty, spiteful rear end in a top hat and terrible dad who brainwashes his son into doing his dirty work is hilariously in line with the original myths, too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not the only one that noticed the constant Ghostbusters references throughout the ep yeah?

Like there are almost 1:1 scenes happening.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And the music is very similar, it's not subtle.

You'd think Louie could think of something else to do with a literal superhuman god on the payroll. But he is a kid.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Disney posted a preview clip from Last Christmas over the weekend, annnd... now we know who Jack McBrayer's playing on the show.

E: Seriously, what the gently caress is up with Santa Claus in this universe? :stare:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 20, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So looks like we're getting a big nod to Mickey's Christmas Carol, but this Scrooge never got as bad as Ebenezer. And probably not Pete under that hood, though you never know.

And it looks like Scrooge's grudge with Santa isn't something that entirely colours his experience of Christmas, but something personal. Hey, he does see you when you're sleeping, etc etc.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jack McBrayer doesn't have much range so far as I've seen, but every time he shows up it's a wonderful treasure.

A rare regional accent on TV.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scrooge is still pissed he didn't get that set of bagpipes he wanted.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SlothfulCobra posted:

Jack McBrayer doesn't have much range so far as I've seen, but every time he shows up it's a wonderful treasure.

I don't know if that's because he doesn't have much range or if he's typecast and that's the only voice people ask him to do. Which, I don't blame em, it's a wonderful voice.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

Pakled posted:

I don't know if that's because he doesn't have much range or if he's typecast and that's the only voice people ask him to do. Which, I don't blame em, it's a wonderful voice.

Yeah, you hire Jack McBrayer to be Jack McBrayer. His range is Nebishly Awkward Jack McBrayer (Kenneth the Page) to Relentless Jack McBrayer (Wander). And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

E: That said, I’ve seen a bit of Wander Over Yonder, and they do do a couple episodes where Jack actually gets to act, like the one were Wander slowly goes crazy in the dark nightmare forest.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 20, 2018

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Looking on Twitter, the writers love writing Storkules so he's probably gonna be back later this season.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Senerio posted:

Looking on Twitter, the writers love writing Storkules so he's probably gonna be back later this season.

Good, this would be the correct choice.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DoltKP0V8

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wow. I can’t believe they’ve been sitting on a Frank Sinatra Christmas-themed rendition of the DuckTales intro song for over 20 years on the off chance that the show would be rebooted and then do a Christmas special. Now that’s long-term planning!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

The author of Tintin at one point gave Captain Haddock a manour house as a residence which made for a more interesting home base for the heroes than their non-descript apartments. He modeled it after a real chateau, but decided to make it smaller: it was all right for his characters to have a manour, but a whole country palace would have been too much when Tintin and Haddock should still be relatively everyday figures.

I find that anecdote wonderfully sober when some cartoonists have characters be regular chums with gods.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 21, 2018

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

BravestOfTheLamps

Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Christmas came early!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

Christmas came early!

They see me BookLord'n
They hatin'
Probatin'
Tryin' ta catch me
Postin' dirty

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

counterfeitsaint posted:

Christmas came early!

Agreed, it's a bona fide Turkey Day miracle

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

This day we give thanks to the mods for ridding us of Grinches.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
For more Donald, Disney's doing 24hr Disney Mickey Mouse Shorts. The new, really good ones.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Just finished catching up to all the episodes. This show is just so good. :allears:

Louie did have a point that he needed start-up capital to make money in modern society, even if he hadn't nailed down yet what he wanted the business to be. It's just that Scrooge's own experiences bootstrapping himself meant he didn't fully get why Louie even needed the money.

Also, Storkules is a delight and I hope he appears again. Donald, Launchpad and Storkules adventure when?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
*gasp* He said it!

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

God I am so ready for this episode. :allears: I finally went back to do a second watch of the series and there are more instances than I remembered of foreshadowing Scrooge's weird grudge against Santa.

(Also I want more Duckworth, David Kaye makes me smile and season 2 is off to a great start with the character.)

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh boy. Well this is obviously going to be a standalone wacky Christmas goof episode

loving NOPE

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Really dug everything in the Christmas episode. Some good callbacks and references. Russi Taylor as young Donald is excellent casting.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 1, 2018

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I have a new way to sing Twelve Days of Christmas.

And even though he was only briefly in the ep, Launchpad continues to be the best character.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Am I crazy or is the thing where the Wendigo shouts "WEN-DI-GOOO!" straight out of Marvel Comics?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I didn't know how much I needed young Donald and Della.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

Am I crazy or is the thing where the Wendigo shouts "WEN-DI-GOOO!" straight out of Marvel Comics?

WHEN'D HE GO?