Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*pumps shotgun*

Monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh what in the unholy gently caress

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I always knew there was no god, but all the same it's nice to finally see the evidence.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ReidRansom posted:

I always knew there was no god, but all the same it's nice to finally see the evidence.

Wait'll you get a load of this 'United States of America' place.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tubgoat posted:

Wait'll you get a load of this 'United States of America' place.

You are right, there must be a God if a place is to be God forsaken.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Skippy McPants posted:

Yep. Horsehair worms.

the infection acts on the infected host's brain. This causes the host insect to seek water and drown itself, thus returning the nematomorph to water.[6] P. tricuspidatus is also remarkably able to survive the predation of their host, being able to wiggle out of the predator that has eaten the host.[8]

There are a few cases of accidental parasitism in vertebrate hosts, including dogs[9] and humans. Several cases involving Parachordodes, Paragordius, or Gordius have been recorded in human hosts in Japan and China.[10][11]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dennis McClaren posted:

the infection acts on the infected host's brain. This causes the host insect to seek water and drown itself, thus returning the nematomorph to water.[6] P. tricuspidatus is also remarkably able to survive the predation of their host, being able to wiggle out of the predator that has eaten the host.[8]

There are a few cases of accidental parasitism in vertebrate hosts, including dogs[9] and humans. Several cases involving Parachordodes, Paragordius, or Gordius have been recorded in human hosts in Japan and China.[10][11]

And now I'm seeing a good reason to switch to an all chicken tendies diet

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Dennis McClaren posted:

causes the host insect to seek water and drown itself, thus returning the nematomorph to water.
a few cases of accidental parasitism in vertebrate hosts

:toot: Hell to the no-oooooooo!!! :toot:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/stephemcneal/status/1064566495156539400

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Im sorry honey, but you're not performing the way we expected, we will not be renewing our parental contract

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

the infection acts on the infected host's brain.This causes the host parent to seek social media, this returning the narcissist back to the center of attention.[6]. H. sapiens is also remarkably able to survive by leeching food from their host, before being able to wiggle out and continue to live off of the hosts resources for another 18+ years.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that kid looks like his mom's bullshit gave him his mid-life crisis early

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://twitter.com/stephemcneal/status/1064567511344193537

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Reading the comments, apparently this woman and her husband took pictures of a house they were buying, calling the current residents drug dealers. After evicting them, they then let the house sit vacant for two years while waiting on a reality TV gig that never came :capitalism:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I didn’t think I could hate someone based purely off of their Instagram pictures but here I am. Her page just looks like generic Pinterest bs. She puts WAY too much stock in online validation from strangers.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

a reality tv show where desperate people pitch ideas for reality tv shows, but the twist is that they all get radiation poisoning instead

pic unrelated

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

found a pic of Cash Crab moderating the thread

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you sit on your foot first so it goes numb, you can pretend it's your boyfriend's hand.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This is incorrect even for self-Bokononism

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol if you've never done this

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My feet are gross. Therefore all feet are gross.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Oh look, some eldritch nightmare to keep me busy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Intoluene posted:

Oh look, some eldritch nightmare to keep me busy.

What hell is going on in that gif? Does the Mantis have some parasite or is that just something they have naturally?

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

twistedmentat posted:

What hell is going on in that gif? Does the Mantis have some parasite or is that just something they have naturally?

Skippy McPants posted:

Yep. Horsehair worms.

Dennis McClaren posted:

:science:

pseudorandom has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Nov 21, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The realm of parasitic worms is one full of every body-horror you could imagine. Ten seconds of web searching is enough to fuel a lifetime of nightmares.

Speaking of: guy comes in complaining about abdominal pain, doctors open him up and find pounds of giant roundworms infesting his lower intestine. The video below contains what I just described, so click the link at your own risk.

:nms::nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEGIY_DS0Q:nms::nms:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I loving love parasites they're so perfectly abject

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Skippy McPants posted:

The realm of parasitic worms is one full of every body-horror you could imagine. Ten seconds of web searching is enough to fuel a lifetime of nightmares.

Speaking of: guy comes in complaining about abdominal pain, doctors open him up and find pounds of giant roundworms infesting his lower intestine. The video below contains what I just described, so click the link at your own risk.

I, too, enjoy the occasional bowl of ramen.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Mmmm, bean sprouts.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Skippy McPants posted:

Sweet gently caress even cats and dogs don't usually get this wormy. I have heard of a worm foreign body obstruction though but I wouldn't think it would be that large. Never seen it myself.

Like seriously was this guy God's gift to roundworms? Were his intestines just so appealing that all the roundworms flocked from near and wide to infest him?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

pseudorandom posted:

I, too, enjoy the occasional bowel of ramen.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
That guy's intestines were like the MGM grand hotel of Roundworm infestations. They were pulling fistfuls of the drat things Geez.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess that guy ingested so much soil his stomach was listed in the worm apartment guide

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Skippy McPants posted:

Found a translation of the doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejnObexQU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Man was right to create knives

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Anyway, it's that special time of the year again: MY BIRTHDAY. This year, I want to hear your worst dating stories. Specifically the ones where YOU hosed up, not the other person. I also want uncomfortable slightly cursed images, or as always, genuinely nice messages in private. Thank you.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm single and haven't been on a date in years because I am terrified by my own insecurities and have zero faith in my ability to appear human under close examination. Good enough?

Also, happy birthday.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Uncomfortable, and slightly cursed you say?

I've literally never been on a bad date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

I've never gone on an actual date. 😀