Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Hey Pokémon trainer Stekspader, you’re not listed on the google sheet so I’m not sure if you are even a goon or not. We just hit ultrafriend so pop a lucky egg as soon as you log in next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Got the strangest urge to power this up. How much of a terrible idea is that?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's not a useful thing to do but I really like Ditto and would absolutely do it if I were you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aniviron posted:

It's not a useful thing to do but I really like Ditto and would absolutely do it if I were you.
Same, Ditto is cool

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
name the ditto Meltan

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

28766f69642a2930 posted:

name the ditto Melman

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

name the ditto Melmac

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I caught a shiny Shinx today, and I love it. It's so gold!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Entropist posted:

And, it has always worked like this, since the beginning of the game, so if you previously thought you were sorting by HP you were actually sorting by CP!

That's not really a useful sort. Wtf Niantic?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Today I caught a shiny Pikachu and two shiny Eevee. loving A. Also did a fun raid train today where someone got a shiny Mawile.

So not sure if I'm being a bitch here, goons, help. I had a trade set to help someone on Discord, he wanted a Raquaaza, he had several shinies to offer. I picked Eevee, even though I had some, and today's new two made me realize I only have 3 Rayrays and someone else has offered me a mon I don't have for one. So I hit up the first dude and explained, and asked if he had anything else. He got snippy with me, said as soon as he got a shiny he set up a trade for it, and then apparently forgot what our trade deal had been, because he wouldn't shut up about shiny Espeon.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Cowslips Warren posted:

Today I caught a shiny Pikachu and two shiny Eevee. loving A. Also did a fun raid train today where someone got a shiny Mawile.

So not sure if I'm being a bitch here, goons, help. I had a trade set to help someone on Discord, he wanted a Raquaaza, he had several shinies to offer. I picked Eevee, even though I had some, and today's new two made me realize I only have 3 Rayrays and someone else has offered me a mon I don't have for one. So I hit up the first dude and explained, and asked if he had anything else. He got snippy with me, said as soon as he got a shiny he set up a trade for it, and then apparently forgot what our trade deal had been, because he wouldn't shut up about shiny Espeon.

Sounds like he wants the Rayray more than you need anything from him so he better sweeten the pot. Don't be taken in by angry dudes who think they entrapped you in a binding verbal super legal contract just because you thought about helping him. I would just say sorry that conditions changed especially since you got more shiny Eevee by yourself.

A lot of people are pretty entitled when it comes to trades and they don't realize that not only are you helping them, but YOU have to end up paying stardust as well even if you're getting the shittier end of the deal. I'm very accommodating if I'm the one asking for stuff since oftentimes there's not much else you can offer back besides a chance at a lucky or a reroll of something they want.

Rayquaza is hard to come by and worth its weight in gold right now so I wouldn't feel bad if I were you. Tell him to go ask some other super prolific player who might have 20 on hand or something.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Get some, tentacruel!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

*mom looks at tentacles* h-holy poo poo......

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

OgreNoah posted:

I caught a shiny Shinx today, and I love it. It's so gold!

Me too! :hfive:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Sykic posted:

Got the strangest urge to power this up. How much of a terrible idea is that?

i powered up one of my ex-nuttos, and it seems like a fun gym idea, like it gives you a way to fight celebi and mew, right?

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
gently caress Ditto quests. At least up the spawn rate when you make them mandatory Niantic

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

The throw an excellent quest gives you a ditto pidgey, they did make it easier.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, all the "hard" meltan quests have a trigger to spawn the annoying things. For the scyther, get the evolve 2 anorith, for the ditto, do the excellent throw, and hatch 2 eggs gets you aerodactyl.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
It's also made easy in that the quest names have "Let's Go:" in front when you find them.

e: I see now Let's Go quests end next Tuesday, not this Tuesday.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 19, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Is there a reason Calcy IV just forgets pokemon? I have had all my top mons "saved" with the little floppy disk icon in the stats popup, but now I see that they're not saved anymore.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Wheany posted:

Is there a reason Calcy IV just forgets pokemon? I have had all my top mons "saved" with the little floppy disk icon in the stats popup, but now I see that they're not saved anymore.

Did you update Calcy IV recently so it has the new CP calculations? either something went wrong during that conversion process, or the data got cleared on it and it's forgotten everything.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

NZAmoeba posted:

Did you update Calcy IV recently so it has the new CP calculations? either something went wrong during that conversion process, or the data got cleared on it and it's forgotten everything.

Seems like it would have difficulty remembering pokemon that got adjusted, so it may have wiped what saved stuff it had?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wheany posted:

Are you still powering them up with stardust? Or changing their moves? Sometimes these things make CalcyIV think it's a new Pokemon.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

OgreNoah posted:

Seems like it would have difficulty remembering pokemon that got adjusted, so it may have wiped what saved stuff it had?

Nah all mine carried over just fine, the new CP formula was known, so it should have been able to anticipate what the new mons would look like. Looks like Wheany just got screwed somehow (assuming his app updated at all)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm using one of my WFH days so I can do a Deoxys raid at 1pm because who the hell thought 1pm on a weekday was a good time to do a raid??

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

seiferguy posted:

I'm using one of my WFH days so I can do a Deoxys raid at 1pm because who the hell thought 1pm on a weekday was a good time to do a raid??

The same people who think it's fine to deny you the 50km rewards just because you're 10m short and Google Fit is totally accurate despite counting only half of my 5km run.

:negative:

:argh:

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 19, 2018

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

If I worked evenings or weekends I'd probably be pretty happy with that time. There's no time that's going to make everyone happy.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Fyrbrand posted:

If I worked evenings or weekends I'd probably be pretty happy with that time. There's no time that's going to make everyone happy.

If you worked weekends, you'd be posting about how you missed every single community day.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Fyrbrand posted:

There's no time that's going to make everyone happy.

So let’s settle on times likely to gently caress over the largest amount of people.

Brilliant.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I just got "Battle in 10 Raids" part of the quest.

Can I still cheese it by batting in the same raid 10 times so I don't have to wait 10 days to complete the quest?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I just got "Battle in 10 Raids" part of the quest.

Can I still cheese it by batting in the same raid 10 times so I don't have to wait 10 days to complete the quest?

As in, start the raid, then run, then start a new? I suspect it only counts when the raid successfully ends, but I haven't checked.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It doesn’t work anymore, they changed it when people were cheesing it for Mew. It counts passes spent now, so you don’t have to actually even fight if you don’t want to or have enough players.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I know Halloween is gone but,

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 20, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
if u didnt immediately bank ditto/scyther/aerodactyl for nutto quests then I say "lmao" to u

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
djcosmik, you sent me a friend request but it tells me your friends list is full. Should I just delete it?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fyrbrand posted:

I got a couple Mewtwo ex raids that were on Saturday late morning that seemed to be a lot easier to deal with than this godawful time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just got this warning and I have no idea why:

I've never used GPS spoofers, don't log into any sites to check IVs, and the only thing I've used that I could even remotely think this refers to. Seems others are getting the same message, likely in error, but they suspect it has to do with the iWatch or trading in the Let's Go games, which I haven't done yet. Kinda stumped what they think I've done outside using PokeGenie, which doesn't plug into the game.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just got this warning and I have no idea why:

I've never used GPS spoofers, don't log into any sites to check IVs, and the only thing I've used that I could even remotely think this refers to. Seems others are getting the same message, likely in error, but they suspect it has to do with the iWatch or trading in the Let's Go games, which I haven't done yet. Kinda stumped what they think I've done outside using PokeGenie, which doesn't plug into the game.

I've also heard that accounts are getting strikes just for connecting to Let's Go. Get in touch with support and have them check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Nice. So glad I stopped on my way to get lunch.