Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Someone post that Kirkland beer advertisement video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

olives black posted:

not sure if anyone's said this yet but NEVER buy Kirkland beer

literally the only time in my life when I had to poo poo and vomit at the same time. they skunked one of their batches real loving bad this year and I see no reason why they won't do it again

yup its like worse than natty light. i don't know man. but regular bud or yuengling is so cheap anyway, might as well buy that.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

AF posted:

the box says they're good 'till 4/19, but they taste really stale and kind of bland

a huge bummer because I was really looking forward to them and also I now need to force myself to eat 28 more of them :newlol:

Can't you take them back for credit if they suck that bad?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Yeah, I'm all for not abusing the return policy, but that's exactly the time to go and take advantage of your membership.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I am going to Costco in 30 minutes. Will post trip report. PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

AF posted:

Greetings from the past. almost one year to be exact; this is how far behind I am on this thread

Since it is cold and I had $70 in rebate cash that I never got around to using, I made the holy pilgrimage to my (new to me since I moved) local Costco, which praise be, is far less busier than the Costco I used to frequent and purchased the most sacred of items:

How are those steak strips? How does one prepare them? If seasoned and cut up, would they be good in steak fajitas/burritos?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

GORDON posted:

How are those steak strips? How does one prepare them? If seasoned and cut up, would they be good in steak fajitas/burritos?

It's thick cut beef jerky, not uncooked beef. It's good if you like the really chewy and meaty kind of jerky.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

You had room to buy one more thing.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pnumoman posted:

It's thick cut beef jerky, not uncooked beef. It's good if you like the really chewy and meaty kind of jerky.

Oh, my bad. I assumed they were frozen or something.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flaggy posted:

I am going to Costco in 30 minutes. Will post trip report. PBUC

They removed our onion dispenser. WHAT THE gently caress. They said it was down for maintenance but they had onion cups at the ready. More sherpa flannels, giant pumpkin pies. PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pnumoman posted:

They are pretty tasty too. I like not breaking my teeth trying to bite into rock hard jerky.

The bag says to refrigerate within 3 days of opening, but they taste so much better at room temp that I leave them sitting out. They are gone within a week, so it should be fine anyway.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just bought 16 oz vanilla, aka enough to last probably a year or two

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
south korea didnt get better beer than north korea until about 2008, around the financial crisis, despite north korea being a godforsaken hellhole. taedonggang was extremely good

i predict kirkland will get better beer than the other beer producers around 2025

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Flaggy posted:

They removed our onion dispenser. WHAT THE gently caress. They said it was down for maintenance but they had onion cups at the ready. More sherpa flannels, giant pumpkin pies. PBUC

first they came for the kraut and i said nothing. then they came for the onions and still i said nothing.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

first they came for the kraut and i said nothing. then they came for the onions and still i said nothing.

Then they took my Polish. I muttered under my breath.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Loaded up on bulk Thanksgiving desserts and sides, I will sit at the head of the table this year

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Just a reminder that those giant rear end cheap pumpkin pies they make are absolutely delicious and worth it pbuc

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Good soup! posted:

Just a reminder that those giant rear end cheap pumpkin pies they make are absolutely delicious and worth it pbuc

slice it up and eat 'em like a piece of pizza

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

just cooked and ate the country style ribs again

folks. They're good flavor and value

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Disagree on the pie. Its underspiced and the texture isnt great. Might be better toasted though. The crust is decent enough though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Flaggy posted:

Last night the woman ahead of me broke the handle off the onion dispenser somehow.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Someone post that Kirkland beer advertisement video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

"18 a day 5 days a week, average."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Good soup! posted:

I'mma shove a hotdog in that pie.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

FogHelmut posted:

I'mma shove a hotdog in that pie.

take pix

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just dropped $300 on church getting a bunch of stuff we absolutely did not need, including a sampler of Jamon de Iberico (the good kind). Also got a super cheap bottle of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (eat my balls France) and a complete heat and serve fondue kit that's literally just a blend of all the correct cheeses, it even has the dash of cherry brandy. Will crust up some bread and report back.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Now I want some Aussie Bites.

:(

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

Last night the woman ahead of me broke the handle off the onion dispenser somehow.

Thats when you take the top off, reach in, and help yourself to onion bounty.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Flaggy posted:

Thats when you take the top off, reach in, and help yourself to onion bounty.

The dispenser at my co has a lock on it so you cant get to the onion hopper :(

BeerEngineer
Apr 22, 2006
So...went to the local ‘stco this weekend to buy food for Friendsgiving...

Brought home a 55” 4K Samsung TV for $400!

Had a dog to celebrate. But I’ll never again go to the Temple of Costco on a Saturday afternoon, as I had to wait for 20 minutes to get my 1/4 pound hot dog and 20oz drink (w/refill) and the only available parking was in the far reaches of the lot.

But $400 for a 4K tv! PBUC!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah costco weekend before Thanksgiving gets pretty crowded. Not as much as some other holidays but theres still a good amount.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PBUC!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I saw that Senor Chinatown

Go in peace my brother.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I saw that Senor Chinatown

Go in peace my brother.

Their foodcourt salads are perfect for work lunches. Chicken Caesar is :discourse:.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol I am literally eating a caesar salad at work right now. PBUC

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

My car now has costco tires. $560 for good Michelin tires, installed. Their warranty is great too, free fixes, free ~nitrogen~ fillups, free wheel balancing and rotations. I didn't have an appointment, but it got done in about two hours on a Monday afternoon.

Two hours of wandering costco is dangerous, I found a lot of things I'd like to have.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco tires are a loving racket and stop buying Big Brand tires. Plenty of other brands that are just as good for much less. Just find a local shop that has good reviews.

Also, lol nitrogen.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

Costco tires are a loving racket and stop buying Big Brand tires. Plenty of other brands that are just as good for much less. Just find a local shop that has good reviews.

Also, lol nitrogen.
i have to agree. don't get me wrong, costco tires are still not a Bad Deal and they usualyl have pretty good warrenty and sometimes solid deal for 4-tires out the door. But at least all the Costco tire centers here ive been to in California are often loving slammed and its not worth waiting 4 hrs unless you get there right when they very first open (they open before the store so that helps a little bit but gently caress man i want to sleep in on my weekend a bit). so gently caress free rotations and poo poo because that ain't worth the wait. it's often just as cheap and you can be in and out in under 30 minutes at some local shop with just as good tires for same price or sometimes cheaper.

and yeah nitrogen is mostly a dumb gimmick.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FilthyImp posted:

Disagree on the pie. Its underspiced and the texture isnt great. Might be better toasted though. The crust is decent enough though.

also :agreed:. I've had their pie a few times and even bought it before, it's fine in a pinch if you just want to bring something to a thanksgiving party and and look ~big portions~ without doing any cooking whatsoever, but it won't hold a candle to an actual spiced pumpkin pie, which are insanely stupidly easy to make that even the worst cook goon can pull it off.

and yeah the texture/mouthfeel is off too, not outright bad, just not really good

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Agreed on the pie, weird both flavor and texture but not terrible. Chicken bake has weird flavor but God tier bread texture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Good prices on snow tires at least