Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I got my tires at Costco for a pretty good deal but on the wife's car we went with America's tire. Costco had competitive prices but their limited selection and 2+ hours for rotations just turned me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Went to fill up my gas tank.

Ended up with a king-sized sherpa throw, a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner along with a ton of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and a case of toilet bowl cleaner to take to the quagmire that is my downstairs bathroom.

Had to bail before I emptied my bank account.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Costco by far has the cheapest tires for my car but to be fair the tires are basically made of unicorn blood and angel tears so that’s all relative I suppose when you are paying $1200 for a set of tires.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You can make appointments for the tire center.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You can make appointments for the tire center.

That's with an appointment. At like 10am.
No appointment is closer to 3-4 hours I've been quoted.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Huge_Midget posted:

Costco by far has the cheapest tires for my car but to be fair the tires are basically made of unicorn blood and angel tears so that’s all relative I suppose when you are paying $1200 for a set of tires.

Do you drive a giant, fuckoff truck or something?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Y'all are forgetting the per-tire install fee that tire places also charge. Even Discount Tire's fee is more expensive than Costco.

When they're running the penny install + tire discount special, Costco is a massive loving bargain.

As long as your vehicle doesn't require some super special performance tire the Church will provide.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got 4 new tires yesterday at...not Costco.

My local Costco gets slammed every day, and when it's busy they pull the tire people to work the registers. So I was happier going to a local mom and pop shop where I was in and out in an hour and get personalized attention, free rotations for the lifetime of the tires, and I don't care about nitrogen. I really don't want to deal with the Costco crowds when it comes to my car.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I get to go back to Costco today for pie, for whatever reason my wife didn't want to buy them on Sunday so she is sending me back alone. Which, she should know, is not a smart move I can't say no to good deals. I can't wait.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco has a good price on expensive things. Except for dogs and rotisserie chickens, this is how Costco does business for the most part. You can find cheaper tires, many groceries, and third party services elsewhere, but they generally aren't the same quality.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Mustached Demon posted:

Do you drive a giant, fuckoff truck or something?

My summer tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s a.k.a. God’s own tire.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If you're looking for specific tires Costco is good. If it's Super Sports or something like KO2s then Costco is extremely competitive. If you're just after ~tires~ then yeah you can get some less expensive elsewhere.

I never have Costco install them though since they won't work on anything not in their computers so even if I wanted them to, I couldn't get them to do the work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KakerMix posted:

If you're looking for specific tires Costco is good. If it's Super Sports or something like KO2s then Costco is extremely competitive. If you're just after ~tires~ then yeah you can get some less expensive elsewhere.

I never have Costco install them though since they won't work on anything not in their computers so even if I wanted them to, I couldn't get them to do the work.

What on earth do you drive that wouldn’t be in their computers?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MarcusSA posted:

What on earth do you drive that wouldn’t be in their computers?

jdm tyte rides yo

Seriously though just imported Japanese vehicles. Some of the stuff (like kei cars) have tires that fall outside of the range of what Costco would stock anyway so I have to look elsewhere. 70 series Land Cruiser-types don't have a US-analog but even if something does (like a Mitsubishi Pajero aka USDM Montero) they just lift their hands and go "UH I CAN'T" and run away worried like I'm asking them to sacrifice a baby. I kid, they are empathetic but it's a bureaucratic thing rather than a worker knowledge thing.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chinatown posted:

Costco tires are a loving racket and stop buying Big Brand tires. Plenty of other brands that are just as good for much less. Just find a local shop that has good reviews.

Also, lol nitrogen.

Thank you for this post. I was thinking about getting tires from there, but this is Good To Know.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Last year around this time, while looking for last minute turkey-day supplies. I saw a line had formed. This like was not too long, so I asked last person in line what this was for. "It's for the buns.", she said. So I thought, "why not" I prob should get some of these HOT BUNZ anyway. So I stood behind her only to immediately told that wasn't the end of the line. I said,"HUUUUHhhh" as I turn around and notice the goddamn line reached literally all the way from the bakery doors all the way down to the electronics. Holy poo poo son!

Might go today to lay claim to some HOT BUNS before the rush arrives. If I can't get any, Kings Hawaiian are a pretty good alternative.

BUNS

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
what are these buns now?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The bakery makes a bag of HOT BUNS on the daily. More so during holidays. Have you not seen them? The bag has like, 100 fuckin BUNS in them. They're pretty good.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
costco?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Costco home of the chicken bake.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chinatown posted:

Welcome to Costco. You're home now.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The bakery makes a bag of HOT BUNS on the daily. More so during holidays. Have you not seen them? The bag has like, 100 fuckin BUNS in them. They're pretty good.

Oh, those bags of rolls? I was thinking, like, frosted cinnamon buns.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dinner rolls, buns, chicken bakes. All the same thing really.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

They are bags of 30 for like $5 or something and I will be going to grab a bag at lunch tomorrow!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Not a fan of the giant Costco bag of rolls from the bakery. I am a fan of the frozen yeast rolls from the freezer section with the older woman on the bag though.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to church tonight which is probably a terrible idea

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ran out of daily contacts so I have no choice but to hit church tomorrow. Gonna be a fuckin nightmare, but otherwise I literally can't see, so checkmate.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I went tonight 45 mins before closing and it wasn't bad at all. I picked up some of those butter cinnamon sugar loaves, figuring we'd take one to my mom's for Thanksgiving. Never had them before, so I figured I'd try a slice of one of the other two before I wrapped and froze them. Holy poo poo, these are amazing. It was hard to not just keep slicing off more.

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
I recently broke up with my girlfriend, and she moved out last weekend, so I made a pilgrimage to my local Costco to replace household essentials and bachelor chow. Scored a great down comforter for $99 – I might sleep alone, but I sleep in luxury!

PBUC

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I walked in, said i needed tires, and had them within two hours. It was at 4pm on a Monday in a relatively busy costco. I work from home, so I can just go in at weird times if I want to get a rotation or whatever.

$560 installed, with warranty, free fixes, free rotations and whatnot seemed pretty good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Guys don't eat any more caesar salads right now https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/health/romaine-lettuce-e-coli-cdc/index.html

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Just threw away a six-pack of romaine that I picked up the other day. Perhaps I should get a six-pack of New York steak instead.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I ate one today and have another at work for tomorrows lunch.

Bitch!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I ate one today and have another at work for tomorrows lunch.

Bitch!!!

I have confidence in your ability to fight off E. Coli, so just eat all the lettuce you want my friend.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cost COmpany, Inc.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I mean, just make the lettuce is well done before you eat it. This common cooking knowledge, ya fucks!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

You know what this never happens with? Chicken bakes

Take THAT, vegatarians :smuggo:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I know the thread generally is pro the extended warranty on electronics, but is it worth it for appliances?

I'm getting a washer/dryer combo and the warranty is about 8% of the total price to cover years 3-5. That doesn't seem like a time when things go wrong with them (bathtub graph for failures/problems and all).

Still worth it?

Edit: Wait, using the costco visa to purchase, so that gives me 4 years before the squaretrade kicks in, right? Maybe it's worth it to be covered in years 5-7.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I wwnt in last night at 8 and it was a fucjin zoo so i left. I assume it will be even worse today?