Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

turboraton posted:

I hope this poo poo goes on forever so the human crouton can continue with the meltdown

It is funny how much this game pisses me off. Hits exactly the right buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
We just passed another two-hour mark. There is now lightning.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Thunder and lightning have been added to the screensaver. Carry on.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
https://i.imgur.com/Phe51FS.gifv

Wish it was doing this outside but yeah we're looking at 12 hours in for a tornado or.. 24 hours? i guess?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what a weird marketing gimmick

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Maybe they're hoping people leave the stream running all night - that way they can start blaring tornado sirens at 3AM to see what kind of abuse the fans will put up with.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Maybe they're hoping people leave the stream running all night - that way they can start blaring tornado sirens at 3AM to see what kind of abuse the fans will put up with.

I'd respect the hell out of Firaxis marketing if they pulled that poo poo.

Imagine the headlines

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
Checking in every once in a while to see people freaking out in chat is kind of funny.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Now you all know what it feels like to wait for the Linux version to catch up with patches.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/24FGynk.gifv

16 hours in, tornado and no siren

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So, random weather events in the next expansion, then?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Gort posted:

So, random weather events in the next expansion, then?

Nah, just a new game speed ''realistic'' that has 1:1 time progression ratio. The feed is the start of beginning of time. First settler hasn't arrived yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The official site itself has COMING FEBRUARY 14, 2019 on the main page with a broken image link and clicking "LEARN MORE" takes you to the news about the Switch's release on Nov. 16.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Hogama posted:

The official site itself has COMING FEBRUARY 14, 2019 on the main page with a broken image link and clicking "LEARN MORE" takes you to the news about the Switch's release on Nov. 16.

Lol

Gj firaxis

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Meanwhile all they've added to the stream is a third tornado.

The broken image link is for a "civilization6-gs_logo_L_1.png".

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Holy poo poo they actually added air raid sirens

also there are now four tornados.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hogama posted:

There's four. Two to the left in the fore/midground, two in the bottom right corner in the background. The one near the edge of the screen is really hard to see but it'sthere.

And yes, informing you of this minor visual detail in Firaxis's little publicity stunt is clearly the most important thing I could be doing at this time at 6:30 AM.

Honestly I kinda like this. It's been rather low key and kinda pleasant to have on in the background as sort of an ambient rainstorm soundtrack. The storm siren they added is quiet enough that it's not really a problem.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 20, 2018

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hogama posted:

Sooo... Civ 6: Gathering Storm then?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yep.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Natural disasters? Who asked for this?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This must be that Vesuvius thing again.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Okay, I hadn't actually expected the tornadoes or sirens - that's kinda dark, killing all those people without warning in the middle of the night.

Guess it's going to be some sort of natural disaster/climate change expansion? Would be more interesting than 'this plains tile turns to desert!' events from previous games. Not sure if the premise is enough to pad things out for a full expansion.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Would be more interesting than 'this plains tile turns to desert!' events from previous games

It is going to be this isn't it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Natural disasters are fun and all but unless it comes with a bunch of new Civs (and their theme songs), I won't care.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017
They have added a countdown timer.
See you guys in +-4 hours I guess

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Roger Explosion posted:

Natural disasters are fun and all but unless it comes with a bunch of new Civs (and their theme songs), I won't care.

I can't imagine it wouldn't, new civs have been the main driver for expansions for practically 20 years.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Civilization VI: Global Warming.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Morning thread. I see we have some 20 minutes until this marketing gimmick ends and we get weather announced as a new mechanic system.

I just hope it's more than randomly spun up like Emergencies are. Ideally a global warming approach would be cool.

Alternatively, just having natural disaster settings like SNES Sim City had would make me happy.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

onesixtwo posted:

Morning thread. I see we have some 20 minutes until this marketing gimmick ends and we get weather announced as a new mechanic system.

I just hope it's more than randomly spun up like Emergencies are. Ideally a global warming approach would be cool.

Alternatively, just having natural disaster settings like SNES Sim City had would make me happy.

I do not even see how weather makes a difference on such macro scale.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
If they go all in and make it a viable strategy to cause climate change to drown other civilizations ala Alpha Centauri, then that's a day 1 preorder right there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

AG3 posted:

Civilization VI: Global Warming.

The file name suggests something with acronym GS, possibly G&S

Civ 6: Global Shitstorms

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Blizzard in New York! -1 food for 5 turns

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Ah, the Great Blizzard of 1250AD - 1375AD how could we forget. Those were dark times.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
oh hey we're in Sid's shelter

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Aaaand we're live. Starting with a video from the man himself.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
it's called Gathering Storm and it looks like this

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1064941447827283968

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine new leaders from eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of nine unique units, four unique buildings, three unique improvements, two unique districts and one unique governor.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
If someone wants to start a new thread so the OP can actually be updated, now would be the time i guess. I don't have Rise&Fall and haven't played Civ 6 in months.

E: Also a chance for a new thread title, please get your weather related puns out

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 20, 2018

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

OH gently caress YES! With the new prestige/diplomacy setting they added poo poo called Grievances which (supposedly, we'll see how it works out) lets you finally retaliate against AIs without being hated forever. From the site:

Firaxis posted:

On the other side, we’ve replaced the Warmonger score with Grievances. This acts as a tug-of-war between a pair of players – if you’ve ever been at the receiving end of a surprise attack and retaliated by taking a few cities, I think you’ll appreciate how this system has been updated. The other leaders are now likely to feel that such a countermove was entirely appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Civilization VI: Now the AI Blows Even More