Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

other than the nightly ritual of my cat waking me up way too early in the morning so I can kick her out my room and return to bed for like an hour before i have to get up anway, pretty good, you?

Haha I live in the same world man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hal and db, take it to scumchat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Its a slow day so I thought I'd pick out some posts that pinged me.

First of all, Asiina refers here to herself. Beginning a sentence with the letter I, coincidentally, or not, also signifying the word I. This kind of duplicitous and ambiguous claims making is what scum thrive on.

Did? Did what? What did the letter I do? Or are you referring here to yourself. Well. Which is it?

Asiina posted:

the call out

Ah... now the meaning of this post becomes clear. Either the letter I or Asiina 'did' the call out? But to what end?

Asiina posted:

so I will do the play

The embarrassing truth is revealed. I will do the play. 'I did the call out so I will do the play.' Of course. This is obviously a sentence from a town perspective. Of course, I'm being sarcastic here. The play in question that this unknown 'I' is doing, is a scum play. Can't wait to see who Asiina thinks this "I" person is.

b-minus1 posted:

Wazzzaaaaaaaaaaaaappp

This also struct me as interesting. So I'm breaking it down into it's component parts.

W. A consonant, great start to a word or sentence. Sounds like Wuh when spoken. Nothing inherently duplicitous.

a. A vowel. Or a word. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Odd number, but I personally think that the number used here by B- is appropriate.

We see here three zs. A consonant. Pronounced Zed but humorously as Zee in American English. Another odd number are used. A rather difficult letter to grasp and evaluate. However, I think this ultimately reads as town so far.

b-minus1 posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

a. A vowel. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Thirteen instances of the letter. Odd once again. I like B-'s consistency and tone here. I'm feeling a soft odd doctor claim here at this point, as odd has been a running motif of the post. This may be seen as an excessive number of a's in a row, but I think this is to draw attention to the soft claim. Before anyone else counter claims here or says its poor play to draw out the soft claims of town power roles, I just want to say that this academic exercise would be compromised if I made those kinds of omissions in my thinking. In the interests of walking you through my reads in this game I'm going to be honest and plain in my reading.

p. A consonant. Sounds like puh or pff when spoken. Another odd number. There are three ps in a row, concluding B-'s statement. This post has a wonderful internal consistency that I think lends itself to being town.

Dick Bastardly posted:

other than the nightly ritual of my cat waking me up way too early in the morning so I can kick her out my room and return to bed for like an hour before i have to get up anway, pretty good, you?

This one also pinged me, like Asiina's.

Other. The only reason why I could think of DB using this word choice is because DB is intensely self aware of the other personality that DB is forced to hide from us. Scum.

Dick Bastardly posted:

than the nightly ritual

You can see here the burden of being scum has forced DB to alleviate that pressure by hinting to his other nightly 'ritual' of doing the night kill.

Dick Bastardly posted:

my cat waking me up way too early

The cat, is DB's dark personality, relegated to only 'waking' them up at night. The cat serves no purpose at day, even must be hidden. This metaphor allows DB's consciousness to be cleared while its meaning being lost on the masses. Not, however, I.

Dick Bastardly posted:

in the morning so I can kick her out my room and return to bed

Having accomplished the vile act of murder, DB's cat, can however briefly let DB's personality enter the 'sleeping world'. The sleeping world is the world that DB is trying to present to us, the facade of town, while his true scum personality rests.

Dick Bastardly posted:

bed for like an hour before i have to get up anway, pretty good, you?

DB's grim work continues regardless, and the killing will go one until they're stopped or have murdered everybody else. Anway.

Ahn Wae.

What does it mean? Another symptom of DB's fractured personality coming to surface? Or breadcrumbing for some other nefarious purpose? Please respond to me DB on my Asiina case.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

First of all, Asiina refers here to herself. Beginning a sentence with the letter I, coincidentally, or not, also signifying the word I. This kind of duplicitous and ambiguous claims making is what scum thrive on.

Did? Did what? What did the letter I do? Or are you referring here to yourself. Well. Which is it?

Ah... now the meaning of this post becomes clear. Either the letter I or Asiina 'did' the call out? But to what end?

The embarrassing truth is revealed. I will do the play. 'I did the call out so I will do the play.' Of course. This is obviously a sentence from a town perspective. Of course, I'm being sarcastic here. The play in question that this unknown 'I' is doing, is a scum play. Can't wait to see who Asiina thinks this "I" person is.

This also struct me as interesting. So I'm breaking it down into it's component parts.

W. A consonant, great start to a word or sentence. Sounds like Wuh when spoken. Nothing inherently duplicitous.

a. A vowel. Or a word. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Odd number, but I personally think that the number used here by B- is appropriate.

We see here three zs. A consonant. Pronounced Zed but humorously as Zee in American English. Another odd number are used. A rather difficult letter to grasp and evaluate. However, I think this ultimately reads as town so far.

a. A vowel. Sounds like Aah or Eh when spoken. Thirteen instances of the letter. Odd once again. I like B-'s consistency and tone here. I'm feeling a soft odd doctor claim here at this point, as odd has been a running motif of the post. This may be seen as an excessive number of a's in a row, but I think this is to draw attention to the soft claim. Before anyone else counter claims here or says its poor play to draw out the soft claims of town power roles, I just want to say that this academic exercise would be compromised if I made those kinds of omissions in my thinking. In the interests of walking you through my reads in this game I'm going to be honest and plain in my reading.

p. A consonant. Sounds like puh or pff when spoken. Another odd number. There are three ps in a row, concluding B-'s statement. This post has a wonderful internal consistency that I think lends itself to being town.

Other. The only reason why I could think of DB using this word choice is because DB is intensely self aware of the other personality that DB is forced to hide from us. Scum.

You can see here the burden of being scum has forced DB to alleviate that pressure by hinting to his other nightly 'ritual' of doing the night kill.

The cat, is DB's dark personality, relegated to only 'waking' them up at night. The cat serves no purpose at day, even must be hidden. This metaphor allows DB's consciousness to be cleared while its meaning being lost on the masses. Not, however, I.

Having accomplished the vile act of murder, DB's cat, can however briefly let DB's personality enter the 'sleeping world'. The sleeping world is the world that DB is trying to present to us, the facade of town, while his true scum personality rests.

DB's grim work continues regardless, and the killing will go one until they're stopped or have murdered everybody else. Anway.

Ahn Wae.

What does it mean? Another symptom of DB's fractured personality coming to surface? Or breadcrumbing for some other nefarious purpose? Please respond to me DB on my Asiina case.

##vote toalpez I'm not reading all that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (3): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig
Asiina (2): Dick Bastardly, peramene, b-minus1, b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, Asiina, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): b-minus1
peramene (0): Asiina, Asiina
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
PMush Perfect (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): flerp, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Put the drat votecount link in the op you heathen mod.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (3): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig
Asiina (2): Dick Bastardly, peramene, b-minus1, b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, Asiina, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): b-minus1
peramene (0): Asiina, Asiina
Dick Bastardly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
PMush Perfect (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): flerp, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Put the drat votecount link in the op you heathen mod.

My bad, it's been a while since I modded :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
hmm another third vote scum vote

bee movie and cpig are the scum team

WRAP IT UP FOLKS

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote toalpez I'm not reading all that.

:smug:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Where I satirized low content/fake scum hunting CPig engages in it. CPig almost revels in the fact that they choose their vote not on the scum read of a player but the length of their post. A typical scum maneuver.

##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
RIP the jokephase of days past.

u guys are lame.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I dunno, I think if CPig was scum, he would wait for something that wasn't such an obvious jokepost before making a push. It's a bit early to say for sure, but it seems more like he's just not engaged with the game. Someone who's played in games with him recently, has he been :effort: when he's VT?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote meh I don't wanna leave anyone on -2 yet.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i have a hot take: cpig's defensiveness confirms that he isnt scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

I dunno, I think if CPig was scum, he would wait for something that wasn't such an obvious jokepost before making a push. It's a bit early to say for sure, but it seems more like he's just not engaged with the game. Someone who's played in games with him recently, has he been :effort: when he's VT?

:thunk: :stare:

##vote pmush

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Kind of a lukewarm take if you ask me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Kind of a lukewarm take if you ask me

Especially considering I wasn't being particularly defensive.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

hal and db, take it to scumchat

no u

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Ahn Wae.

i love your case on me. your case on asiina is a joke

##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

b-minus1 posted:

##vote pmush

are you implying that pmush knows cpig is VT somehow?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

i love your case on me. your case on asiina is a joke

##unvote

Lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im coming 4 u scum just u wait

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

its nice of u to take ur scumbud's side

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

##vote pmush
Don't hurt your back stretching that far. The implication was that I suspect CPig is VT because he's disengaged, not that he's disengaged because he's VT.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't hurt your back stretching that far. The implication was that I suspect CPig is VT because he's disengaged, not that he's disengaged because he's VT.

Lol disengaged from what? Literally nothing has happened.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, wow, the grammar on that sentence did not come out as smoothly as it did in my head. Lemme try that again.

What I said: "Hm, CPig is kind of checked out. Maybe that means he's VT (because I know a lot of players stop caring about games where they're not PRs)".

B seems to be implying that I 'knew' he's VT because I'm scum. Because I'm not allowed to make D1 alignment calls that aren't HE'S SCUM BECAUSE I SAY SO, apparently.

##unvote, seems like D1's starting for real now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol disengaged from what? Literally nothing has happened.
Either your jokes are lazy and flaccid because you're not trying very hard, or you're just not very funny.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Either your jokes are lazy and flaccid because you're not trying very hard, or you're just not very funny.

I mean. You've been playing mafia with me for literally years at this point. I'd think you'd know I'm not very funny by now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Stop making me feel old.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Stop making me feel old.

I know how that feels. Some of the sa mafia community are young enough to be my children.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun on calling you disengaged (and making an alignment call based on it), because you're definitely conversing with me now. I don't know what that means, but I recognize it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun on calling you disengaged (and making an alignment call based on it), because you're definitely conversing with me now. I don't know what that means, but I recognize it.

Wow look at this scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapitalistPig posted:

Wow look at this scum.

:agreed:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lmao

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
yeeeaahh....

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Asiina is probably annoyed she rolled scum again

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Asiina and pmush scum confirmed

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Guys let me tell you dating such a scummy woman, hoo, it is the worst

##unvote

time to play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

##unvote

time to play

What are we playing? Doki Doki Literature Club?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

##unvote

time to play

I know, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Look at bee movie trying to discredit me because I have caught him.

smh smh

• Locked thread