Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

iospace posted:

Do explain

21 seconds in there was a game misconduct. there were only six minutes in the period that were 5-on-5 and still there were only 9 shots combined, matching the 9 penalties taken in the period. both teams took dumb penalties during their five minute majors. no good scoring chances on either side and everybody just looked like a bunch of bumbling dolts who barely knew how to play hockey.

luckily the second period was much more what you would expect out of a game featuring the last two national champions (good!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG was due for a letdown game and hooooo boy did they get it

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Wow Luko buries Duluth you don't say I am shocked

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Pioneers win despite being outshot 38-14

that’ll do!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Badger update:

After taking a weekend off, the women's team dumpsters Bemidji State, 5-0.
As for the men, gently caress Ohio State (lost 4-0)

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Me, when I meet Denver fans irl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5UHkfnOAw

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Penn State blew a million 3rd period leads but then won in OT because Michigan still doesn't possess a functional defense

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

We are just incapable of beating Denver. Hopefully somebody like The Ohio State does the needful again this spring so we can hang another banner.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wade Allison is finally alive again and WMU is just destroying NoDak

E: Arizona State beats Harvard and is officially off to a 10-4 start. :stare:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

:monocle:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

that game was wild. 2 seconds left, what the hell!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Badgers:

Women: 3-0 win
Men: 1-3 loss

I really should go out and see a women's game but those tickets are going to be hard to find.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Dogs came back down 3-0 to loving Denver, of all teams, and won. Rankings mean nothing, this Dogs team is up there with the 2016-17 and 2010-2011 squads. Gotta get better at faceoffs against elite teams. They got killed on faceoffs all weekend, but their final two goals came directly off faceoffs wins. Imagine that.

Bulldogs out-shot Denver 84-43. Motherfucker. UMD came in ranked #1 in Corsi and DU #5. Putting up that kind of differential on the #5 squad is crazy.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

iospace posted:

Badgers:

Women: 3-0 win
Men: 1-3 loss

I really should go out and see a women's game but those tickets are going to be hard to find.

The women's hockey arena owns, it's like 2400 capacity so no bad seats.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Coco13 posted:

The women's hockey arena owns, it's like 2400 capacity so no bad seats.

Oh yeah, hence the "hard to find" bit.

I had the Women's Frozen Four on last year at work, and the hockey fans I talked to were shocked that it was women's hockey because of the level of play being so good. Also, the Big Ten Network aired all three games for the first time and were rewarded with three overtime games.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think Michigan plays Wisconsin this week but I'm distracted because gently caress Ohio State and gently caress Urban Meyer

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG plays a mid-season, mid-week exhibition game at the USA U-18s tonight. Because, sure, why not?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
miami splits with goddamn cc for the seemingly 8th time in a row because they are trash

still ranked bitches :shopkeeper:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Providence @ Denver seems like it should be legit

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This year, I am thankful for all the teams you like being poo poo, and for mine being good.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

This year, I am thankful for all the teams you like being poo poo, and for mine being good.

my team is ranked #4 nationally this year :colbert: how dare you

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bentley beat BC lmao

22 straight non-con losses for BC

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

UM and UW tied but UM scored in 3 on 3 for the loser point

gently caress Ohio State

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Is Omaha good? (no)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DU is the best team in the country for staying close in or stealing games they shouldn't be in

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan should shutter their Football program permanently and never play the sport again.

Also they have tied Wisconsin for the second night in a row but this time UW got the loser point.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Huh, so here's a neat one

UNDHockey.com posted:

In college hockey, supplemental discipline is handled by each conference.

But Arizona State is an independent.

Does that mean they’re free from supplemental discipline?

Nope.

Arizona State forward Tyler Busch was suspended Tuesday for one game after a cross-checking major against Omaha in the final six seconds of the third period. He will miss the series opener at Princeton on Dec. 7.

So, who handed out the suspension?

It was the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.

How did this happen?

During the offseason, Arizona State searched for a league to handle supplemental discipline. Officials at ASU thought it was a good, proactive step to take as it continues to bring top-level opponents to Arizona. Now, opponents lining up to play Arizona State know there’s a standard, and they don’t have to worry about Sun Devils players taking liberties without fear of being suspended.

The Sun Devils thought their players should be held to the same standards as programs that are currently in conferences.

The WCHA offered to do that, and the league and school came to an agreement.

This doesn’t necessarily mean the Sun Devils will end up joining the WCHA, which has been on record in the past as interested in the Sun Devils. But it does mean if you see any Arizona State players being suspended this season, it is handed out by the WCHA.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

A girl had a Hamline shirt on at the gym yesterday and I yelled out "Pipers". She did not seem as amused as I was.

Go Huskies and such per the usual.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GAMES

mother fucker . catch these boots
Air Force vs. RIT
Mercyhurst vs. Bentley
Bobby Mo vs. Sacred Heart
Canisius vs. Army

paid by sinclair broadcast group to read paragraphs of unbearable QAnon poo poo to a roblox server full of 7yr olds attacking me for my beliefs
Yale vs. St Lawrence
Brown vs. Clarkson
Princeton vs. Q'Pac
THE 'GATE vs. Harvard
Cornell vs. Dartmouth

(Guy coming towards me with a weapon. at a walking pace) "Ill goon your rear end hole. Ill goon your rear end sir"
"You will not goon my rear end"

UConn vs. UMass
Merrimack vs. Northeastern
UNH vs. Providence
Maine vs. Vermont
BC vs. BU

getting my rear end run over after trying to hijack a guy's riding mower and failing
Minn. State vs. LSSU
Ferris State vs. SPACEBEAR
Bemidji State vs. Fightin' Nerds

Not. All. Of. The. Wet. Spots. On. My. Jeans. Are. Piss. Stians.
Col. Coll. vs. Neb-Om
NoDak vs. Min-Dul
The Goggin's Dyin', Cloud... vs. Miami

me and the boys watching james bond morph into a black guy before our very eyes , and braying at the movie screen like distressed cattle
HARBAUGH, NOOOOO vs. SPARTY NOOOOOO
gently caress Ohio State vs. Minnesota
Penn State vs. Wisconsin

Gasping for piss
Niagara vs. WMU
RPI vs. ND

College Hockey! It Sucks And Is Bad! Let's All Watch It!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wisconsin hockey is on FS-WI today! :woop:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Most college hockey fans I know (including several RIT alum) have a weird burning hatred for Wisconsin, but I think they're pretty okay and just hope everyone has a good time. :shobon:

Unrelated: The Three Rivers Classic is all fucky this year. Day 1 is a half hour drive from downtown at the Penguin's training rink, and the seeding inexplicably guarantees that the first days' games will be much closer... I've gone 6 years in a row but I don't know if I'm gonna go this year. :(

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 30, 2018

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan lost to Sparty, cementing the hard truth that they are a bad hockey team this year

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin's commentators had a great line: "Like how he's not afraid to back down, like the (name) brothers. They're parents had to buy tickets near the penalty box just to watch their kids play."

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

BC beat BU :woop:.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Miami scored 4 goals against St Cloud and didn't lose in the eyes of the pairwise

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The Not Very Good at Fighting Hawks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nerds are puttin a beatdown on the beavers

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

DJExile posted:

Nerds are puttin a beatdown on the beavers