Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

ulex minor posted:

.. because Germans (and Europeans in general) just have an inherent sense of the superiority of the English and can't help being deferential toward them...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, I needed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Loooong loooong dooooooog

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

https://youtu.be/cRGRSCAOqh4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

https://youtu.be/8EyYLGDGrAw

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNCtHJ6ZOw

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

captainOrbital posted:

Now that I'm English, I can tell you: I fink it were Peter Serafinowicz (?), ve bloke what steals wossisname's bird in Spaced and ve tosser flatmate in Shaun.

Voice of Darth Maul, Duane Benzie?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gripweed posted:

who's the guy between Oliver and Ayoade?

Ayoade was a smoking hottie when he was younger

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I just found out Richard Ayoade is 41 years old and am completely dumbfounded.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LawfulWaffle posted:

People rag on Ohio but at least Ohio is notable for something, even if it's for being a lightening rod for insults. Ohio has personality. People can't even be bothered to make fun of some places, like Iowa or South Dakota or Delaware.

And yes, the Ohio Defender has logged on.

It’s not so much an insult as it is Ohio is completely forgettable until you have the misfortune of living there.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I really like living in Columbus? :shrug:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Snowmankilla posted:

No you don't

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

I would like to live there for the boardgame convention.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Potato posted:

I just found out Richard Ayoade is 41 years old and am completely dumbfounded.

He holds up really well indeed.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

They say "black don't crack" but really it's less that and more that white people age like milk and everyone else, by comparison, seems pretty good.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Scratch Monkey posted:

Loooong loooong dooooooog

You're very funny.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Paladinus posted:

Four David Mitchells?

Davids Mitchell, please.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This dude's paintings are truly works of art

https://twitter.com/McNaughtonArt/status/1064915468459237376?s=19

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

They say "black don't crack" but really it's less that and more that white people age like milk and everyone else, by comparison, seems pretty good.

I thought he was South Asian this entire time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

POCs age with ease

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Mr Havafap posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, I needed that.

one of my biggest pleasures in brexit is watching the english parliament, after centuries of being complete and utter tosspots and trying to inflict their self-ordained authority on the world by weight of arms, embarrassingly fail to grasp the fact that nobody thinks they are god's gift to civilisation, and they are not owed any sort of special compensation or treatment just because they used to have a navy. even the colonies are telling them to get hosed and they're expressing the same gobsmacked bewilderment that you'd expect from someone coming home from work only to find out that their front door is now a portal to the local KFC. now the poo poo's on the other shoe, you pompous twats

Sulla Faex has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Nov 21, 2018

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Snowmankilla posted:

:same: but there are like 80 counties it would suck to live in.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

one of my biggest pleasures in brexit is watching the english parliament, after centuries of being complete and utter tosspots and trying to inflict their self-ordained authority on the world by weight of arms, embarrassingly fail to grasp the fact that nobody thinks they are god's gift to civilisation, and they are not owed any sort of special compensation or treatment just because they used to have a navy. even the colonies are telling them to get hosed and they're expressing the same gobsmacked bewilderment that you'd expect from someone coming home from work only to find out that their front door is now a portal to the local KFC. now the poo poo's on the other shoe, you pompous twats

Even as someone who will be hosed over by Brexit watching this happen has been satisfying. It was part of what was written off as "project fear" by the remain side prior to the referendum - and watching their bewilderment as other countries tell us to gently caress off is quite cathartic.

Of course. Some of them are still parroting the same old poo poo, they're so insulated from it all I doubt it'll ever sink in.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I still hate trigonometry and cringe whenever someone reminds me of it.

Don't play The World Ends with You.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Everyone with a vaguely realistic understanding of their world standing is against Brexit anyway, the pro-leave camp is entirely people who write columns in the Daily Telegraph about how we should march up to the EU, look 'em squarely in the eye and tell 'em we won't bally well stand for it!

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Great Britain has a historical track record of making deals that benefit them and leaves their counterpart with the crap bits, and the bill.
I have no idea how they pull it off, I'm guessing it's about staying vague about everything but the essentials and never, ever putting notions like commitment and responsibility on the table.

So it's intensely satisfying to watch the E.U. not budge even a millimetre on the fundamentals and calling them out every time they try to stay vague. Donald Tusk's "A piece of cake perhaps? Sorry no cherries." sums it up perfectly.

Edit: I'm not saying I don't feel sorry for the portion that voted against Brexit, or even the portion that did because things are going to suck for all.
But goddamnit nobody forced you to hold the loving referendum in the first place.

Content less pictures (or are they??):

Mr Havafap has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Nov 21, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Magnus Manfist posted:

Everyone with a vaguely realistic understanding of their world standing is against Brexit anyway, the pro-leave camp is entirely people who write columns in the Daily Telegraph about how we should march up to the EU, look 'em squarely in the eye and tell 'em we won't bally well stand for it!

I think reasonable people can support Brexit because they think it's gonna be really funny

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mr Havafap posted:

Great Britain has a historical track record of making deals that benefit them and leaves their counterpart with the crap bits, and the bill.
I have no idea how they pull it off, I'm guessing it's about staying vague about everything but the essentials and never, ever putting notions like commitment and responsibility on the table.

So it's intensely satisfying to watch the E.U. not budge even a millimetre on the fundamentals and calling them out every time they try to stay vague. Donald Tusk's "A piece of cake perhaps? Sorry no cherries." sums it up perfectly.

Edit: I'm not saying I don't feel sorry for the portion that voted against Brexit, or even the portion that did because things are going to suck for all.
But goddamnit nobody forced you to hold the loving referendum in the first place.

Content less pictures (or are they??):

Catmoflage

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Tacticat

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mr Havafap posted:

Used to work in recent post-WW1 history because every other major player was bombed to poo poo, had two generations of adult males with PTSD or such, or were recovering from rear end-backwards dictatorships. So they were more or less needed because they had the production capability, actually functional infrastructure and money to spend on stuff.

Now that France and Germany have managed over 50 years without fighting a pointless war against each other and others like Spain and Italy have stopped being stuck on the century before the previous one, the continental Europe has the chips to tell the GB to stuff it.

Also: content

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/MegVClark/status/1006857073211133952

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The big problem with Brexit is that they already had their cake and were eating it too. They had a bunch of special snowflake exemptions while still enjoying most of the benefits of EU membership. So now that they've pulled this stunt everyone's natural reaction is to shrug and tell them to gently caress off. I don't dislike the UK and I don't even think Brexit will be a huge disaster for them, but it's been great seeing their massively overinflated egos take a beating.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Saying this isn’t possible is toxic masculinity

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Phlegmish posted:

The big problem with Brexit is that they already had their cake and were eating it too. They had a bunch of special snowflake exemptions while still enjoying most of the benefits of EU membership. So now that they've pulled this stunt everyone's natural reaction is to shrug and tell them to gently caress off. I don't dislike the UK and I don't even think Brexit will be a huge disaster for them, but it's been great seeing their massively overinflated egos take a beating.

I'm from the U.K. myself, and I say we need a home-grown Robespierre. And guillotines. And to burn down Eton.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

now I think you'll find it self evident that if you look at the utterly disgraceful state of the world right now you can trace it all back to the decline of the Empire, which, if the sun had still never set on, and God's Own Country had remained firmly holding the reins, things would all be running SHIPSHAPE AND BRISTOL FASHION

europe will realise this in time, misguided tots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Voice of Darth Maul, Duane Benzie?

Oh poo poo, I didn't even realize that he was the voice of Darth Maul. Also I completely forgot that he played His Royal Excellence Lord Edgar Darby Covington, the 14th Earl of Cornwall-Upon-Thames and the 29th Baron of Hertfordshire in Parks and Rec.

Dude's been in all kinds of poo poo.