Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Honestly it was the fact that Kefin seemingly never told Jo about the domestic abuse that bothered me

I listen to How 2 off and on, enough where I can tell you it has definitely come up. If I heard right, they go over some of their older episodes for Patreon and that episode in particular was addressed. Kefin seems like the kind of guy to be embarrassed by that kind of fuckup, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Joe and Dave comparing biceps. Joe becoming livid when Dave says he's anti-steroids. Dave getting furious about Joe getting the strength difference between a chimp and an orangutang wrong.

Sold

Also Joe treats super dry weirdo Canadian people like Jordan Peterson like they’re geniuses because their cadence somehow hypnotizes him and he’s become way more open to wrestlers recently so I now want him to interview Lance Storm as well

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

I listen to How 2 off and on, enough where I can tell you it has definitely come up. If I heard right, they go over some of their older episodes for Patreon and that episode in particular was addressed. Kefin seems like the kind of guy to be embarrassed by that kind of fuckup, at the very least.

It is pretty weird given that they DID cover some of the creepy-rear end poo poo Brock apparently did when courting Sable. Like breaking into her house apparently? :gonk:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

It is pretty weird given that they DID cover some of the creepy-rear end poo poo Brock apparently did when courting Sable. Like breaking into her house apparently? :gonk:

Wtf

So is Brock like literally a Viking

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

What has Tony Hinchcliffe done in the wrestling industry? As far as I know he considered writing for WWE but turned it down and that’s it

ahaha gently caress i read that as schiavone. disregard me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

He apparently didn't know anything about the DA until after they did the episode, and they have talked about how uncomfortable it makes a lot of the skits with Austin and Debra in 2001 in hindsight during the Invasion episodes.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

I hadn't listened to the podcast since it first started and after posting I saw Jo and Kefin had actually addressed it so that's my bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Chopping Block comes to a surprise conclusion on Filthy Four Daily today.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wtf

So is Brock like literally a Viking

nah he couldn't make the cut

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:golfclap:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

I hadn't listened to the podcast since it first started and after posting I saw Jo and Kefin had actually addressed it so that's my bad.

Kefin and especially Jo are pretty outspoken on social issues, so I wasn't surprised to hear that they eventually walked it back and talked about it, and it's cool that they did. Honestly, 90% of the reason I like their show is that they are so goddamn nice.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Sold

Also Joe treats super dry weirdo Canadian people like Jordan Peterson like they’re geniuses because their cadence somehow hypnotizes him and he’s become way more open to wrestlers recently so I now want him to interview Lance Storm as well

Joe Rogan is pretty dumb about a lot of stuff. I gave up listening to the podcast after he wouldn't shut up about Fallon Fox.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I like that Rogan has gained more of an an appreciation for wrestling (or toned down his previous shtick about it or whatever), because his show is a unique setting for interesting people even when his interviewing isn't that good, but...yeah. He genuinely seems to have no clue about the damage he's doing with the type of people he has on and the role he's playing in YouTube radicalization and the like, even as it's become a bigger deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

davidbix posted:

I like that Rogan has gained more of an an appreciation for wrestling (or toned down his previous shtick about it or whatever), because his show is a unique setting for interesting people even when his interviewing isn't that good, but...yeah. He genuinely seems to have no clue about the damage he's doing with the type of people he has on and the role he's playing in YouTube radicalization and the like, even as it's become a bigger deal.

Had a doozy tonight talking about Gavin McInnes leaving the Proud Boys. The most charitable explanation/take is that Joey just read the headline and nothing else.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So Kefin does a show explaining wrestling and he didn't know THAT about Austin? Or didn't want to bring it up? Dunno which is worse. gently caress him.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Not knowing makes him bad at his job, knowing but not talking about it makes him bad at his job and a douche on top

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Exactly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When you've got a podcast that's supposed to be a "How To" for new wrestling fans but you only really ever talk about WWE and things related to it you're already not that good at your job.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Yeah I wonder why he would mostly talk about WWE for new fans. Maybe because they're by far the biggest company in the world?

Edit: Like, I'm not gonna pretend that Kefin is a good researcher, especially since he's stated multiple times that he usually keeps to the WWE bubble, but How To has done episodes on wrestlers outside of WWE (Young Bucks, Jimmy Havoc, Awesome Kong) so they're clearly up for it. And if the WWE wrestlers are more famous for their indie runs, they at least try to cover some of it (Kevin Steen, Daniel Bryan, El Generico). They're mostly a podcast for new fans.

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 22, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just dropping in to say Craig is the dirt worst and he’s getting worse somehow

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Did Sempervive quit?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I mean the worst of the shows you can listen to without having a mental illness

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

let me write that down *snort* i jacked off to this girl, and this one too. ugh do you WANT me to contribute or not? craig proper jr

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There was this weird moment on WOL recently where Sempervive sort of apologized for his rambling ways and referenced getting a lot of criticism from reddit, it sounded completely phony.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea ok posted:

let me write that down *snort* i jacked off to this girl, and this one too. ugh do you WANT me to contribute or not? craig proper jr
idk if the snort is a new thing or if i just started noticing it but it annoys me so much and he does it like half a dozen times a show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expected Flair/Steamboat or Okada/Tanahashi or something not this:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1065776826654412805

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Austin-MchMahon was a helluva ride.

Okada/Tanahashi, while great matches, didn't really have a whole lot beyond just seeing two intensely competitive dudes smash each other.

Flair/Steamboat was quite a while ago and I don't really remember it as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Expected Hart Foundation vs Austin.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Expected Hart Foundation vs Austin.

Yeah I would have thought that too, but it's hard to argue with Austin vs. McMahon. There's a reason WWE has been chasing that dragon for 20+ years now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I would have thought that too, but it's hard to argue with Austin vs. McMahon. There's a reason WWE has been chasing that dragon for 20+ years now.
I think it's half that and half the McMahons are just incredibly self absorbed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

You'd think they'd occasionally try doing some of the stuff that made that feud work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

You'd think they'd occasionally try doing some of the stuff that made that feud work.

What are you talking about, someone pissed themselves this week

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

What are you talking about, someone pissed themselves this week
What are you talking about, they just had Drake piss his pants

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's bizarre really, WWE spends so much of it's time basically cargo culting itself. Putting things like 'heel authority figure' and 'babyface throws food and/or beverage at heel' together without really knowing WHY Austin got over, seemingly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Legitimately I think a large part of the problem is that they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. The Authority stuff was full of things like HHH and Steph being horrible assholes loving people over for months, but then it was time for some charity deal or a new NXT show or something to do with women's empowerment and so they'd "break" character to be good guys but OOPS now we can't get our comeuppance from the face because we're faces too! huh and for some reason nobody buys the person we hosed over for months who never got their revenge as somebody to be taken seriously? Guess they just weren't ready for the push we gave them! :shrug:

Vince, for all his many flaws, went out there and got humiliated and destroyed over and over and over again. Then he'd get revenge/gently caress things over and be ascendant for a little while before being completely humiliated again. The Invasion/Wrestlemania 17 basically marks the end of when he seemed to understand how important that was, though he did recapture a little of that old magic again the one night he came back and Roman Reigns beat Sheamus (?) for the title. He actually had people going nuts for Roman to win and they were super-happy when he did.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Almost like you shouldn't have the business face of the company be on-screen characters!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Dave himself has said his favorite WWF years are 97 (for that reason) and 2000 too. Not that you can't like one storyline from another year more, he just gushes over the Hart Foundation stuff so much.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The In Your House Calgary Stampede is still one of the best WWE PPV shows just cause of the mixture of great wrestling and heat that just is amazing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dave said the yearlong Benoit build was one of his favorites but obviously ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

He actually had people going nuts for Roman to win and they were super-happy when he did.

How exactly did they wind up loving this up again?