Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes I remember all of our dates as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

Met a girl through MySpace somehow and ended up driving like 30 minutes to pick her up at her house. She answers the door and explains that she’s going to have to bring along her 3 month old baby (I wasn’t aware a baby existed). She we load up the baby, btw the baby cries the entire date, and she wants to go to,the bowling alley. It’s a small town and I don’t live there so we do what she wants. While at the bowling alley, she keeps looking around and when I ask what she’s looking for, she explains that the baby’s father just got out of jail and he is really pissed at her and she’s afraid he could find her and start some poo poo. Also, he gets in lots of fights so I should be prepared to fight him if he finds us and also he always travels with 4 or 5 friends so be prepared to fight them all at the same time. The baby has not stopped crying. Ever. Finally I take her home and she compliments me on my “kind eyes” and had a really great time.

I bowled a 142.

More like olddateless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

oldpainless posted:

Met a girl through MySpace somehow and ended up driving like 30 minutes to pick her up at her house. She answers the door and explains that she’s going to have to bring along her 3 month old baby (I wasn’t aware a baby existed). She we load up the baby, btw the baby cries the entire date, and she wants to go to,the bowling alley. It’s a small town and I don’t live there so we do what she wants. While at the bowling alley, she keeps looking around and when I ask what she’s looking for, she explains that the baby’s father just got out of jail and he is really pissed at her and she’s afraid he could find her and start some poo poo. Also, he gets in lots of fights so I should be prepared to fight him if he finds us and also he always travels with 4 or 5 friends so be prepared to fight them all at the same time. The baby has not stopped crying. Ever. Finally I take her home and she compliments me on my “kind eyes” and had a really great time.

I bowled a 142.

Spare us the details oldstrikeless.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

A girl I knew once invited me to go see a band since she had a spare ticket. Around the time, she was in a sorta complicated relationship with this other guy, but I was friends with her so I didn't really think anything of it. The band was solid, we were having fun conversations between sets, and just generally having a good time. At some point I mentioned the guy she was dating and she firmly told me, "ugh, we're not dating and I really don't want to talk about him." Anyway, the performances wrapped up and I took her to her train stop and we parted ways. About 7 years later I realized it was a date. I take pride in being pretty good at picking up on subtle social cues that other people miss but this somehow just completely flew over my head

Sorta related, but my wife and I have a hot mutual friend who is really into both of us who both of us also find attractive. She was, in fact, even our roommate at one point and made it pretty clear that she was totally dtf, no strings attached, at any point. And it just never loving happened. We're all very sex-positive people. I won't get into the details of the social-mental nightmare I was living in at the time that made that the case but I really wish I could just go back in time and do like, two incredibly simple things that would have resolved everything. Now my wife and I live in another country so that ship has sailed

Oh yeah, and about two months after moving to another country, ANOTHER hot mutual friend who both my wife and I fancied confessed to finding us attractive and wanting to hook up. Would've been good to know before we moved across the Atlantic

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

You're just unicorn bait, aintcha.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

How about missed flirting connections instead of awkward dating stories since I don't have any of those?

When I was 20ish a friend of my flatmate, who I'd known for a while but never hung out with, passed me in the hallway once after I'd gotten out of the shower and was walking back to my bedroom shirtless. She put a hand on my chest, made eye contact and said "hey..." as she walked past me. I thought she was just being friendly.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I paid $10 dollars to post on a comedy forum 10 years ago. Then I paid another $10 bucks after I got banned once.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I got some moments for ya

One time me some cousins and some women are drinking in a river in the dominican republic when this real hot chick get a mango and squeezes some juice on her shoulder, like the idiot I am I blurt out

:goleft: posted:

No thanks I don't like mangos

I wasn't even thinking in the least.

I would have eaten any fruit off this woman's body.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I paid $10 dollars to post on a comedy forum 10 years ago. Then I paid another $10 bucks after I got banned once.

Also same

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
While working as an optician at a Shopko a coworker thought I had hit it off with a customer, and gave her my number unbeknownst to me.

Turns out she was a hoarder that only ate frozen pizza and spaghetti. 9 years later we'd finally broken up (with the last 3 engaged) with me literally joining the Army in the middle there somewhere to try get away. I slept on a couch packed between unopened moving boxes for years because she'd lose her poo poo and threaten suicide if I didn't "open them properly."

I'll never buy spaghetti or frozen pizza again, and now I've got this complex where every six months or so I throw away anything I own that isn't tools that I haven't used in that period. Anyway, that's fun!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Happy birthday it is also my birthday

I had a date which went really well but I still didn't know her much. I found on Facebook we had a mutual friend, so I invited said friend out for a meal but it was mostly due diligence. I found out not much, the friend took some photos of the food which she forwarded me. When girl I was dating texted asking what I was doing, I made a white lie I was meeting a work colleague for dinner and sent her those photos, not realising the mutual friend had already posted the same pictures to her Facebook. Got an angry call saying she had trust issues with me and never to meet again. Rip me never scored

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I got a bonar at the dentist office once

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm gay.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I broke up with my girlfriend in college because I didn't like Final Fantasy 8. I told her that I wasn't fond of it, and she went nuts. Shouting in the lobby to her dorm that if I didn't like FF8 that I didn't like her, that it was the best game of all time, that I was a "f*ggot" for not liking Rinoa, etc.

Yeeeaaaaaah, nah. I was sad to do it because she was way more attractive than I deserved and we had a lot of things in common, but I'm not going to put up with a grown woman having a tantrum about a JRPG in public. In retrospect we should have broken up earlier because she was pretty racist and homophobic too, but being a proto-goon without much other opportunity (and not being very mature about those subjects myself, truth be told) I looked past all that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I broke up with my girlfriend in college because I didn't like Final Fantasy 8. I told her that I wasn't fond of it, and she went nuts. Shouting in the lobby to her dorm that if I didn't like FF8 that I didn't like her, that it was the best game of all time, that I was a "f*ggot" for not liking Rinoa, etc.

Yeeeaaaaaah, nah. I was sad to do it because she was way more attractive than I deserved and we had a lot of things in common, but I'm not going to put up with a grown woman having a tantrum about a JRPG in public. In retrospect we should have broken up earlier because she was pretty racist and homophobic too, but being a proto-goon without much other opportunity (and not being very mature about those subjects myself, truth be told) I looked past all that.

Sounds like you doged a FFVII style hellhole, congrats!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

Sounds like you doged a FFVII style hellhole, congrats!

I remember telling my friends what happened and most were like "dude, what are you, gay? you turned down pussy because of a video game" and I'm like, no, it's a bad idea to date crazy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Queen Combat posted:

While working as an optician at a Shopko a coworker thought I had hit it off with a customer, and gave her my number unbeknownst to me.

Turns out she was a hoarder that only ate frozen pizza and spaghetti. 9 years later we'd finally broken up (with the last 3 engaged) with me literally joining the Army in the middle there somewhere to try get away. I slept on a couch packed between unopened moving boxes for years because she'd lose her poo poo and threaten suicide if I didn't "open them properly."

I'll never buy spaghetti or frozen pizza again, and now I've got this complex where every six months or so I throw away anything I own that isn't tools that I haven't used in that period. Anyway, that's fun!

Good lord this gets my vote for the saddest.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wasn't that an old episode of Friends? Hey, yeah, it was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRV3MMO5vGo

Meeting otherwise kind and considerate people who, for whatever reason, can't keep their living or workspaces clean is always a bummer.

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Happy birthday, Cash Crab!

Oldpainless’ bowling alley with a baby story reminded me of one of my worst dates. It wasn’t a first date, but it was with my first ever boyfriend. He was 22 and a huge stoner, I was 18 and didn’t even drink at the time. Most of our dates ended up being us hanging out with his stoner coworkers while they got high and I watched tv. The worst though was when we picked up his buddy and the buddy’s baby. We drove out to a field in the middle of nowhere where they proceeded to get blazed. I was left holding the baby and wondering what the gently caress I was doing there. I dumped him not too long after when he told me that he didn’t believe in global warming. I don’t know why that was the last straw.

Another terrible date I went on was a first date with this really hot guy I met on campus. We went out to get coffee and it seemed to be going smoothly until he started telling me about how he thought the moon landing was faked. I think I kind of just stared at him thinking he was joking, but he really, really was not. The most AUG wasn’t even that he was into dumb conspiracy theories; it was that I was excited to go out with him again and he never called me. That one kind of stung.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Life somewhat imitates art I guess? But she didn't have five cats in that clip, or have an estranged mother who lived in the woods and worked for the early Tea Party campaigns in rural Idaho, who thought the government put radios in your teeth.

I May have a picture, lemme look.

E: I seem to have deleted the worst ones (for good reason), but here's one that may give an example? The chair is six feet from the wall to the right.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Nov 22, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pipistrelle posted:

Happy birthday, Cash Crab!

Oldpainless’ bowling alley with a baby story reminded me of one of my worst dates. It wasn’t a first date, but it was with my first ever boyfriend. He was 22 and a huge stoner, I was 18 and didn’t even drink at the time. Most of our dates ended up being us hanging out with his stoner coworkers while they got high and I watched tv. The worst though was when we picked up his buddy and the buddy’s baby. We drove out to a field in the middle of nowhere where they proceeded to get blazed. I was left holding the baby and wondering what the gently caress I was doing there. I dumped him not too long after when he told me that he didn’t believe in global warming. I don’t know why that was the last straw.

Another terrible date I went on was a first date with this really hot guy I met on campus. We went out to get coffee and it seemed to be going smoothly until he started telling me about how he thought the moon landing was faked. I think I kind of just stared at him thinking he was joking, but he really, really was not. The most AUG wasn’t even that he was into dumb conspiracy theories; it was that I was excited to go out with him again and he never called me. That one kind of stung.

The moon landing? Seriously, wow.

Anyway how was the sex?

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

oldpainless posted:

The moon landing? Seriously, wow.

Anyway how was the sex?

More like oldsexless?

But yeah, thankfully that did not happen with either of them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I kept missing the makeout cue during movie dates and didn't understand why someone wanted to mash face during a film we paid to see. Amazing there were other dates with them after that. Completely oblivious.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Early I college I had a movies on the couch date scheduled with my bf at the time but I ended up getting really sick. I held the date anyway and wore pajamas, put on depressing movies for some reason, and I ate oatmeal while he had nothing for some other god drat unknown reason. I barely talked the whole time because I was out of it.

Watching your sick girlfriend eat oatmeal while she shows you depressing anime must have been a great date for him!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I married a goon. Sometimes he teases me about my regdate because he's an '03. :saddowns:

I guess the upside is that I never have to be embarrassed about whatever stupid thread I'm reading, because he's probably reading something equally stupid/weird/gross.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm not sure being on SA in 2003 is something of which he should be proud. If anything, you've got the edge for resisting the abyss for an additional four years.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Nov 22, 2018

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

T-man posted:

You're just unicorn bait, aintcha.

More my wife than me. I’m just funny and don’t actively try to gently caress my female friends. She’s hot, genderqueer, and definitely one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. She’s also had a lot of bad poo poo happen to her in past relationships and thus any new relationships she gets into tend to move at a glacial pace. Relatively early on in our relationship (like three years in or so), she started dating another hot, genderqueer enby. Probably the most attractive one of everyone I’ve mentioned so far. This person was not actively interested in me, but it was definitely something that could’ve developed if I’d tried to charm them. Unfortunately, rather than doing that, I’d set up a bunch of rules within my relationship with my wife. Nothing I actually thought was important, but thought I needed to do for one reason or another at the time. In retrospect, it was all completely stupid. I should’ve just been better at flatly laying out my feelings and expectations on things, and we probably would’ve found a very satisfying arrangement for everyone involved. Between that and other interpersonal bullshit going on in our friend circle at the time, this person felt really alienated and their relationship with my wife crumbled.

I’ve grown way, way more since then, fortunately, and my relationship (and relationship dynamic) with my wife is better than ever. She also recently mended things with that person and they started going out again, albeit long distance (again, because of the move). That person, on the other hand, firmly resents me and I don’t think any amount of charm is going to ever bridge that gap. It’s kind of incredible how good I am at not hooking up with people

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 11:24 on Nov 22, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I married a regular rear end lady and when I have to explain to her that, "What am I doing? There's this thing online where all we post about is our trips to Costco."

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

Kit Walker posted:

I’ve grown way, way more since then, fortunately, and my relationship (and relationship dynamic) with my wife is better than ever. She also recently mended things with that person and they started going out again, albeit long distance (again, because of the move). They, on the other hand, firmly resent me and I don’t think any amount of charm is going to ever bridge that gap. It’s kind of incredible how good I am at not hooking up with people

Your wife has a long distance relationship with someone who doesn't like you? How the gently caress do you handle being held in such utter contempt?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I married a regular rear end lady and when I have to explain to her that, "What am I doing? There's this thing online where all we post about is our trips to Costco."

PBUC

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I hope to marry an rear end lady some day.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yosbutt:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Pudding Space posted:

Your wife has a long distance relationship with someone who doesn't like you? How the gently caress do you handle being held in such utter contempt?

My wife isn’t me and we don’t have to get along with the same people. We don’t have to have the same types of relationships, either. This isn’t about who I am as a person but about what happened years ago. Like how you might not get along with someone who was lovely to you ages ago, even if they’re a good person now and well-liked by others

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tetracube posted:

that kid looks like his mom's bullshit gave him his mid-life crisis early

Don't doxx me

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Happy b'day raccoon mod.

I was on a really average tinder date a couple years back, things just weren't working out but we were going through the motions.

One of my friends had been texting me and asked how it was going. I replied back that it was boring as hell and that this girl had no personality.

Then I promptly sent the message to her. Her phone dinged as soon as I hit send and my stomach dropped.

I honestly can't really remember what I said after that, she was foreign and asked me what it meant and I bullshited away into a awkward silence. Date went on for a bit after that though so no idea how I wheedled my way out of that one.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Kit Walker posted:

My wife isn’t me and we don’t have to get along with the same people. We don’t have to have the same types of relationships, either. This isn’t about who I am as a person but about what happened years ago. Like how you might not get along with someone who was lovely to you ages ago, even if they’re a good person now and well-liked by others

Look I know this thread isn't e/n or whatever but if you don't see how this could go south real fast if you and your wife are ever not getting along at any point you are depressingly naive

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Sloth Life posted:

I paid good money to go on a speed dating session. It was pretty well attended and I got to meet 10 people. All 10, including the blind one, put me squarely in the friend (zone) category.

Same but with a wheelchair lady about 6 years ago

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Like she designed wheelchairs for a living or hung out in one?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Dixville posted:

Look I know this thread isn't e/n or whatever but if you don't see how this could go south real fast if you and your wife are ever not getting along at any point you are depressingly naive

Are you insinuating because his wife has friends of her own they're going to spilt up? Or that her being bi means they're going to spilt up at the slightest thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

cakesmith handyman posted:

Are you insinuating because his wife has friends of her own they're going to spilt up? Or that her being bi means they're going to spilt up at the slightest thing?

I think he's just being a dick about open relationships/polyamory/whatever their deal is.