Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I went last night instead of lunchtime today because they called to say my contacts were in. Took about 10 minutes waiting to get contacts but then I went and grabbed a bag of 30 rolls for $5 and checked out. The checkout lines were not bad and took maybe 5 more minutes.

They literally had a PALLET of pumpkin pies along with a huge table with them. Also a huge table for the bags of dinner rolls.

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
One of the things I appreciate most about Costco is the checkout lines move fast. The store can be crowded with people, but once you hit the checkout line, you are pretty much home free.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Went to get gas and put in a prescription (cant fax em in anymore D:) the other day, was going to get gas first but notice a parking spot in like the second row from the door. Schwing! No lineup for food, been a long day at work so I grab a little snack to go, 4 bucks. Go to get gas, literally 0 lineup (its a really chore here sometimes). Picked up my script yesterday, $4.87 for two bottles of pills (thanks gfs insurance). Oh yeah, did I mention the awesome super warm quarter zip pullover I'm wearing that I picked up for 20 bucks last week?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to my local Costco last night and it was surprisingly empty

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Hambulance posted:

One of the things I appreciate most about Costco is the checkout lines move fast. The store can be crowded with people, but once you hit the checkout line, you are pretty much home free.

Eh, I have a knack for picking a line that has someone who needs special attention. This usually involves employees running back and forth or counting out largish sums of money in cash right at the stand.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Eh, I have a knack for picking a line that has someone who needs special attention. This usually involves employees running back and forth or counting out largish sums of money in cash right at the stand.

"sorry, my wife had to run back and grab something quick, she'll be right back!"
*five minutes later, wife shows up with 6 more items*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
youre loving insane if you go today

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My wife has the day off and I just convinced her to go to Costco because I am a bad person.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

Peachfart posted:

My wife has the day off and I just convinced her to go to Costco because I am a bad person.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My friends, many Costco deals have started early and it's my first Costco holiday season and I just can't believe it.

I bought the Nest Hello doorbell today, which is normally $230, at Costco and it comes with a year of Nest Aware Subscription (normally $50) and a Google Home Mini (also normally $50) for $179 loving dollars. All other companies are running this same deal but just the doorbell and nothing else for $179. PBUC.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Peachfart posted:

I managed to convince my wife to go to Costco and then bring me a slice of pizza at work the other day. I had an hour left.

Real Jedi moment there.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

i live for the THRILL

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tim Whatley posted:

My friends, many Costco deals have started early and it's my first Costco holiday season and I just can't believe it.

I bought the Nest Hello doorbell today, which is normally $230, at Costco and it comes with a year of Nest Aware Subscription (normally $50) and a Google Home Mini (also normally $50) for $179 loving dollars. All other companies are running this same deal but just the doorbell and nothing else for $179. PBUC.

That doorbell is actually pretty cool. My buddy has one and I went over to his house right before the Packer game started. I rang the bell. Nothing. Just his dog barking and whining. Ok maybe he's in the bathroom. "Hey Pennywise, I'm at the grocery store still. Sorry about that I'll be there in 10 minutes." Cool. I mean wtf why did you ask me to come over and run out but he was at the store and told me what was going on.

Pretty neat.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That doorbell is actually pretty cool. My buddy has one and I went over to his house right before the Packer game started. I rang the bell. Nothing. Just his dog barking and whining. Ok maybe he's in the bathroom. "Hey Pennywise, I'm at the grocery store still. Sorry about that I'll be there in 10 minutes." Cool. I mean wtf why did you ask me to come over and run out but he was at the store and told me what was going on.

Pretty neat.

I'm confused as to what role the doorbell played here?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: no dinner rolls at my local costco :siren:

Got Hawaiian rolls instead and a UE Boom Remix for my mom and some jogger sweats for the wife. Love you mom and wife!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

I'm confused as to what role the doorbell played here?

He communicated with me through the doorbell.

You see, when I rang the doorbell, it sent that info to his phone where there is a camera and he can talk to me and see me. That's the entire point of the product.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:siren: no dinner rolls at my local costco :siren:

Got Hawaiian rolls instead and a UE Boom Remix for my mom and some jogger sweats for the wife. Love you mom and wife!

Kings Hawaiian rolls >>>> regular Costco rolls

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hawaiian roll + honey baked ham + pickles + mustard

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I got a puckin pie.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Cool. I mean wtf why did you ask me to come over and run out but he was at the store and told me what was going on.

Pretty neat.

Your friend 100% just wanted to show off their sick new doorbell, and I'm definitely above this and in no way will also pull this same move.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

binge crotching posted:

Kings Hawaiian rolls >>>> regular Costco rolls

Any regular roll >>>>>>> Kings Diabeetus Rolls

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
the pallet of pumpkin pies was rather impressive. I bow down to such modern marvel. Went yesterday around 2, the crazy parking suggested it would be a poo poo show, but it really wasn't bad and there was no waiting at any of the lines.

I wonder how much madness it is today.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MisterOblivious posted:

Any regular roll >>>>>>> Kings Diabeetus Rolls

Kings rolls are pretty much on par with any other dinner roll nutritionally.

did you just assume the kings rolls are extra bad for you because you think hawaiians are fat, or that hawaiian food is always bad for you, or something? It's just a weird thing to have strong opinions about

e: like go check out the nutrition of a kings roll vs a costco dinner roll. The kings roll is arguably a bit healthier, though they both have a bit different approach (kings has less salt but more sugar, but kings has fewer calories, etc)

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 22, 2018

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hey Taima while you’re here chatting about food you know what goes on dogs?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Kings rolls are pretty much on par with any other dinner roll nutritionally.

did you just assume the kings rolls are extra bad for you because you think hawaiians are fat, or that hawaiian food is always bad for you, or something? It's just a weird thing to have strong opinions about

It's the sugar. All rolls aren't going to be healthy, but Hawaiian rolls are loaded with sugar.

Sorry dude, no racism (lol) here.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love Hawaiian food. This is unrelated to anything costco related. I'm just really hungry and want some masubi

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Chinatown posted:

Today was weirdly peaceful and the first quiet day of the entire week actually. I assume because the wisdom of the crowd was that it would be insane to go today meant the crowd didn't go today.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I drove passed the Tustin Costco gas station to get to the Michael's near it and the lines to get into the lines for the pumps were like a quarter mile long on either side. 50 cars deep lined up just to get into the gas stations lines. At like 2:30pm. Shits crazy, probably way worse than the actual Costco.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Good Dog posted:

I drove passed the Tustin Costco gas station to get to the Michael's near it and the lines to get into the lines for the pumps were like a quarter mile long on either side. 50 cars deep lined up just to get into the gas stations lines. At like 2:30pm. Shits crazy, probably way worse than the actual Costco.

LOL at burning any savings you get idling in line for gas.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

therobit posted:

LOL at burning any savings you get idling in line for gas.
yeah, also more important, precious time

i mean ive been poor and desperate to save a few bucks whenever possible, but even then i'd say $3.15 for costco gas vs $3.25 at any other station for a 15 gallon tank for like $2 saving is not wroth spending 30 minutes waiting, then again im alos not extremely patient person.

i hit up costco gas if my tank is almost empty and im actually shopping at costco and if there's not really a line, but otherwise gently caress it, not worth that zoo when i can be in and out at any other place for a buck more.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
went back to grab some more of that epic Beef Bulgogi today, find out they no longer carry it. I am so sorry. Clearly Costco is punishing me for my misdeeds. Grabbed some umami potstickers instead, hopefully they will fill the emptiness in my soul. Also, found out that they sell bibigo bulgogi mandu at several local groceries. Sorry costco, I will be an apostate until you bring them back... also, that sherpa blanket is amazing 10/10.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Thanks to whomever said that they buy their allergy meds at Costco. I bought some the other day. $13.95 for a year’s worth of allergy meds is so unreal. PBUC!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

Thanks to whomever said that they buy their allergy meds at Costco. I bought some the other day. $13.95 for a year’s worth of allergy meds is so unreal. PBUC!

I recently stocked up on some more allergy pills. As I was walking down the aisle I noticed that Kirkland has 3 diff allergy medications! First one was about $5 bucks then I found one that was $12ish then I walked down and say one for $13-14ish bucks! All Kirkland branded! IDK WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANY OF THEM WERE

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I recently stocked up on some more allergy pills. As I was walking down the aisle I noticed that Kirkland has 3 diff allergy medications! First one was about $5 bucks then I found one that was $12ish then I walked down and say one for $13-14ish bucks! All Kirkland branded! IDK WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANY OF THEM WERE

Look at what drug they say it is and then look for the branded stuff next to it or pull out your phone and Google for the brand name stuff. I use Allertec, which is generic Zyrtec. It does both indoor and outdoor allergies.

therobit fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 22, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

Look at what drug they say it is and then forget look for the branded stuff next to it or pull it for phone and Google for the brand name stuff. I use Allertec, which is generic Zyrtec. It does both indoor and outdoor allergies.

I got the middle priced one. Hopefully it's the one that does both. My boss(my dad) yells at me for sniffling and sneezing all day in the office next door. :smith: Why my dad gotta yell at me like that tho

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I got the middle priced one. Hopefully it's the one that does both. My boss(my dad) yells at me for sniffling and sneezing all day in the office next door. :smith: Why my dad gotta yell at me like that tho

Kill dad, inherit corpse, eat trash, be free.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but he pays me in money. money that be spent buying hella DAWGS

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
$5 - generic Benadryl
$11 - generic Claritin
$13 - generic Zyrtec
$14 - generic Allegra

Personally, Zyrtec works best for me of the OTC options I've tried without drowsiness, but it really depends on what you're allergic to, and how badly.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

but he pays me in money. money that be spent buying hella DAWGS

Then at least wipe your nose on his shirt sleeve, maintaining eye contact with him throughout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ultraklystron posted:

$5 - generic Benadryl
$11 - generic Claritin
$13 - generic Zyrtec
$14 - generic Allegra

Personally, Zyrtec works best for me of the OTC options I've tried without drowsiness, but it really depends on what you're allergic to, and how badly.

This explains alot now.