Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Walrus Pete posted:

Yes, they explained it. Colm flat-out tells Arthur his whole plan, which was to take Arthur and use him as bait to lure the entire gang - not just Dutch - into an ambush. Arthur escapes before Colm's plan has time to work. Dutch and the others don't even know exactly what's happened yet other than "Arthur never showed up at the meeting point" and then Arthur comes riding into camp half-dead.

Colm's master plan relies not only on Dutch secretly bringing Arthur but then Colm knowing exactly where Arthur is. And does Colm ever say why he cares about the rest of the gang? His issue is with Dutch, and he has Dutch, outmanned and outgunned, but let's him go so that later he can capture... Tilly & Bill, too?

I should say I'm only in Chapter 4 so ignore me if this gets explained better further in the story. My current hunch is Micah set it up with Colm to try to get rid of Arthur without it looking like his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hobo Clown posted:

Colm's master plan relies not only on Dutch secretly bringing Arthur but then Colm knowing exactly where Arthur is. And does Colm ever say why he cares about the rest of the gang? His issue is with Dutch, and he has Dutch, outmanned and outgunned, but let's him go so that later he can capture... Tilly & Bill, too?

I should say I'm only in Chapter 4 so ignore me if this gets explained better further in the story. My current hunch is Micah set it up with Colm to try to get rid of Arthur without it looking like his fault.

It's not that much of a stretch for Colm to think, "Dutch doesn't trust me, if he comes to this meeting he's going to have his most trusted man covering him from the best sniper position possible." As for why he cares about the rest of the gang, it's because the feds do (hell, two of the people who didn't come to the meeting are two of the primary targets in RDR1, Bill and Javier, not to mention Dutch's co-leader Hosea). Colm's plan is to lure in the gang, turn them over to the feds for the reward money, and disappear.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't finished Epilogue 2 yet but I'm kind of annoyed that the Grays seem like they just get away with attacking you in town and you never get to retaliate. When you go back to Rhodes post story they tell you the Grays have lost power in the years between and that's about it.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

The mission starts with it being explicitly pointed out you have O'Driscolls trailing ahead of you, watching your movements to the parley. I was a bit surprised that when I got to the overlook I didn't get into some sort of shootout, fully expecting the game to recognize that there's no way they don't know Arthur is there.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I somehow forgot every single thing about RDR1 except the last thing of the epilogue. I forgot who the main character was. I never put it together that this is a prequel. I'm reading the main plot points and going oh... ohh.....

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Kalsco posted:

The mission starts with it being explicitly pointed out you have O'Driscolls trailing ahead of you, watching your movements to the parley. I was a bit surprised that when I got to the overlook I didn't get into some sort of shootout, fully expecting the game to recognize that there's no way they don't know Arthur is there.

There's a Stranger mission in St. Denis that felt the same way to me; guy asks you to step into a dark alleyway to discuss a job, then a goon hits you on the back of the head and steals your money. I walked into it with miner hat on and guns drawn, goon literally spawns behind you because there was no one in the Alcove I walked into and I was fully expecting an ambush/shootout where I was going to murder this guy and his friends.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

BobKnob posted:

For Trader crafted outfits, do I basically need to murder a bunch of livestock to get cowhide, goat hides, and chicken feathers?

Farm emerald ranch exclusively. They have merino sheep, cracker cows, and goats.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have the links to the chapter flowcharts? Kinda surprised they arent in the op

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

ZeusCannon posted:

Does anyone have the links to the chapter flowcharts? Kinda surprised they arent in the op
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865601&perpage=40&pagenumber=140#post489431307

Page 140 if you're on 40 posts/page.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Red Dead Redemption 2: it's on page 140

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
they're super useful and not really spoilery to me because I don't wanna miss any things

thanks again to The Fool for sharing those

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I beat the main story last night and epilogue one this morning.

holy poo poo it’s jarring. It was just.... so sudden. And RIP Patience. The finest white Arabian of them all. That poo poo shook me. I knew Micah was the rat and Arthur died/ you became John, but those were the things spoiled for me

I’m mad I lost my black Arabian and gold turkoman too. The last horse in my stable was Buell. I hope he’s lived a good life.

Do I ever get the legend of the east satchel back? I worked hard for that god drat thing and I want it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I beat the main story last night and epilogue one this morning.

holy poo poo it’s jarring. It was just.... so sudden. And RIP Patience. The finest white Arabian of them all. That poo poo shook me. I knew Micah was the rat and Arthur died/ you became John, but those were the things spoiled for me

I’m mad I lost my black Arabian and gold turkoman too. The last horse in my stable was Buell. I hope he’s lived a good life.

Do I ever get the legend of the east satchel back? I worked hard for that god drat thing and I want it.

you've got it already, you can change back to the model on any clothing menu

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oxxidation posted:

you've got it already, you can change back to the model on any clothing menu

Oh. Well drat I’m dumb. Thanks.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://giant.gfycat.com/ThatGenerousElephant.webm
tbh I'm surprised it didn't give me a bounty too

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chapter 6 ending: having played rdr1 I obviously knew how John ended up but I couldn’t remember how he got there. I was expecting him to be a rat throughout the whole game, but I was pleasantly surprised that he got to maintain his dignity

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just walked into a barn where some guy is asleep next to a pig thats wearing a pink bow....there seems to be a gold wedding ring I can steal from the pig :yikes:

client
Aug 19, 2010

every game should let you play as a drunk swamp wizard

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

turtlecrunch posted:

I got a bounty because my dumb horse stepped on a man's head. The man was on the ground because a guy beat his rear end in the middle of the street. This is not a complaint.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Reign Of Pain posted:

I just walked into a barn where some guy is asleep next to a pig thats wearing a pink bow....there seems to be a gold wedding ring I can steal from the pig :yikes:

They seem dead in fact, ran across that too.

Rockstar still gotta Rockstar a little

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

Simpler times.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

client posted:

every game should let you play as a drunk swamp wizard

So close to Tom Bombadil.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

turtlecrunch posted:

I want a dalmatian horse.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlsKKeaCNA

How has this not been posted yet (apologies if this has been posted already)?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I saw it posted about a thousand times on Facebook a month ago but I love it anyway

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWC0SKcta4

He didnt wait around

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I created a Discord for this game for LFG and general bullshittery for this game. Come and help grow!

https://discord.gg/QudAqyJ

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that time arthur morgan single handedly exterminated multiple species of big water birds for like, a hundred bucks

also all the alligators just for being in the way

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 22, 2018

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Reign Of Pain posted:

That guys dead and has his pants around his ankles

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Watched a video of everything Dutch from RDR1. Kinda interesting looking back and seeing how little he actually shows up in 1, and how much you simply hear about him through other characters. RDR1 spoilers I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK61DjmOlWs

Definitely think, for all the rest of this game's issues, they nailed a lot of the character arcs including into RDR1.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

uncle w benefits posted:

I want a dalmatian horse.

I got that one in a quest (it's not easy to miss), but you can also buy it from Van Horn stables I think. The breed is Appaloosa. Most of the wild ones have patches of solid brown interrupting their pure dalmation-ness so the bought ones or quest ones are better.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

also all the alligators just for being in the way

Me, every time I shoot a 3 star gator. All other gators in the vicinity get a bullet to the head just so they don't decide to gently caress with me during the lengthy skinning sequence.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I thought the amount of garbage strewn about the hotel was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJ7nigSoD4

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Christ is the reeling in during fishing so slow for everybody else (on PS4)? Especially the legendary fish it seems to take an age for Arthur to just reel in a little and they just tug it out again. I tried the R3 press trick to block the line but that's a dangerous game.

Anyone know of a way to speed this up? It's making me hate fishing and that sucks.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.

Junior G-man posted:

Christ is the reeling in during fishing so slow for everybody else (on PS4)? Especially the legendary fish it seems to take an age for Arthur to just reel in a little and they just tug it out again. I tried the R3 press trick to block the line but that's a dangerous game.

Anyone know of a way to speed this up? It's making me hate fishing and that sucks.

Don't worry about pressing R3, just press the left stick in the opposite direction they're struggling in. Then when you're reeling them in don't just hold the left stick towards you. You gotta do that yank multiple times while reeling. Once your rod is as back as far as it can go release the left stick and yank its back again. You'll notice it working most on the smaller fish but it makes a difference on the the big boys too.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This game owns hard.

Has there been any news about a date for online coming out?

I want to form my stupid bandit gang with my friends in this game's insanely good open world.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

TulliusCicero posted:

This game owns hard.

Has there been any news about a date for online coming out?

I want to form my stupid bandit gang with my friends in this game's insanely good open world.

No official word, but I've seen the 28th thrown around a few different places. No clue if there is anything backing that up or not.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Are there rough rules known for how the trains work?
I'm pretty sure they aren't on a loop like RDR1 and they're spawning in but are they on a schedule? Sometimes they just seem to never show up when you want them too and they don't seem to follow the timetable at the station.... except when they do. Any way to drive a train at full speed then stop controlling it without it stopping too?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Flannelette posted:

Are there rough rules known for how the trains work?
I'm pretty sure they aren't on a loop like RDR1 and they're spawning in but are they on a schedule? Sometimes they just seem to never show up when you want them too and they don't seem to follow the timetable at the station.... except when they do. Any way to drive a train at full speed then stop controlling it without it stopping too?

Not sure but the momentum you can get is good enough to do the shooting 5 birds on a moving train challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In the epilogue, not going to spoil it because it's nothing to do with the epilogue, I went back to a town that has one of those photo stations? and tried to take a photo of my outfit that I like and is as close to lee van cleef as I could get, and the flash went off, the guy said "okay that's it", and then.... I've been standing here for five minutes. All the options are greyed out. It isn't ending. I can't leave.

I've just been staring at it like, is this a joke? Because photos back then took a long rear end time to take? Well I am gonna come down on no it's a bug. I hope it auto-saved after the credits because I do not want to sit through it again and skipping it is rude.