Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
the cougs are gonna lose this unless they make some adjustments at halftime. they just flat out look unready on both sides of the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, I mean it’s believable, but I can’t find anything either via UCF twitter or searching sports news on Google.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That’s a lot of snow on the field for a commercial break

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

How did he fumble that ball? was there a dude in snow cammo just punching at the ball?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
oh for the love of god, HOLD ON TO THE BALL. huskies are managing it, how come you can't?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Korranus posted:

McKinzie Milton is in emergency surgery to save his leg, he had arterial damage and a bunch of internal bleeding along with the knee break and shredding of all his ligaments.

Horrific. Such an awful way to end the season.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

We watch a horrible sport

I saw a girl break her femur AND her hip in the Triple Jump at a track meet a few years ago. Not to downplay Milton’s injury, but Sports are horrible in general.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The snow is sticking

excellent.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

:stare: holy balls, I hope he recovers well. there a source for this?

Kinda stitched together from these two, I really hope for his sake that's overstating. My sister had a similar injury about ten years ago playing lacrosse, they did have to go in and fix arterial damage to stuff going to lower regions of the leg, like the ankle. Took her about 16 months to fully recover, and never played lacrosse again.

https://twitter.com/Ry_Bass/status/1066159393174142976

https://twitter.com/DrDeBerardino/status/1066115589440241665

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 24, 2018

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cnidario posted:

Horrific. Such an awful way to end the season.

I saw a girl break her femur AND her hip in the Triple Jump at a track meet a few years ago. Not to downplay Milton’s injury, but Sports are horrible in general.

Like, if you really think about it, peak athleticism is pretty terrible for the human body. Sure most of these athletes are like the top 1 or 2% physically, but all the other stuff has to take a terrible toll even with non contact sports.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dana really needs to shave it all off

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If you really want to get depressed, look on YouTube for videos of boxers speaking at the beginning of their careers and after they've retired. The brain damage is absolutely devastating.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
It could not be snowing any harder. This owns.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

KKKLIP ART posted:

Like, if you really think about it, peak athleticism is pretty terrible for the human body. Sure most of these athletes are like the top 1 or 2% physically, but all the other stuff has to take a terrible toll even with non contact sports.

my arm and shoulder are permanently hosed up from playing baseball and i stopped playing before i went to college

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo this is a legit blizzard

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

This Washington State game makes me feel so cozy here in my house.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if only we had a combination of the score in morgantown and the weather in pullman

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I-90 got closed today (the highway that you take to get from Seattle to Spokane / Pullman) so all the Husky fans are gonna be stranded there lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'd like Wazzu to keep it close because if it's exciting the snow will really seal this as one of the most important Apple Cup games ever

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Just found Apple Cup and it looks like the God's have smited Mike Leach.

Huge fuckin snow storm and the air raid don't mesh very well (I'm kind of proud of that pun)

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
cougs are going to get owned in yet another apple cup. sigh

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Korranus posted:

McKinzie Milton is in emergency surgery to save his leg, he had arterial damage and a bunch of internal bleeding along with the knee break and shredding of all his ligaments.

Holy gently caress, are you serious? :stonk:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

ur in my world now posted:

my arm and shoulder are permanently hosed up from playing baseball and i stopped playing before i went to college

You look at tiger who plays a game that retired baby boomers play and has a super messed up back. There are defiantly tangible benefits to exercise but its also crazy that we legit know that all this kills the body but the money at the highest levels keeps it going.

in other news, hope the coogs dont coog it because I like the idea of a dark horse washington state in the playoffs.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I just realized.

There’s a whole ‘nother day of CFB tomorrow :neckbeard:

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

If Wazzou won, would they have a chance at the playoff?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Good lord the snowstorm makes me very glad I don’t live there anymore.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Korranus posted:

i loving hate this post

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Huge fuckin snow storm and the air raid don't mesh very well (I'm kind of proud of that pun)

It's time that Washington State invested in the Leach Dome.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnidario posted:

If it was required to keep UCF out, yes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LLCoolJD posted:

It's time that Washington State invested in the Leach Dome.

gently caress every single dome now and forever

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

now they can just use the "well the quarterback is injured" excuse and put Notre Dame in there even after they lose to USC tomorrow

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You know conditions are good when they have to digitally overlay the yard lines

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I like the digital yardage overaly fox has going on

hobbesmaster posted:

You know conditions are good when they have to digitally overlay the yard lines

my man

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

KKKLIP ART posted:

My neighbor is a former college punter, and he has all kinds of back issues just from the act of trying to kick a ball as hard as he can over and over again. I guess it's like a pitcher constantly throwing as hard as he can and blowing out an elbow. The human body just wasn't meant to move like that with that much force.

nopants
May 29, 2004
dana holgersons hair is loving gross. wtf

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Cnidario posted:

if they win, and beat Utah and...

if wv wins tonight, and northwestern beats the winner of mich/tOSU

then they'd be a 1-loss power 5 team and have a legit shot over a two loss B10 or XII team.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Gardner Minshew II is destined to be an NFL benchwarmer with a name like that

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

knee wasnt down at all

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder if whatever broadcast geek is responsible for it gets all excited when they get to use the superimposed yard markers or if it's a pain in the rear end and they hate it.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

That assumes they get past Memphis and that's not a given

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This game is beautiful.

Holy poo poo.