Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
did they actually think bee man was a power role lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Could be! But I doubt scum believed that interaction revealed a town power role.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im just trying to find humor in these moments of darkness i miss you bee man :(

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Hal

lurking and known town b-minus was pinged by Hal.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Hal

are those your only reasons for voting?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Hal

Isn't it american thanks giving day?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

flerp posted:

flerp posted:

yes and yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw i think asiina is town

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWLMkFmxck

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Hal

Rude, I was busy yesterday.

Pretty sure B- called at least half the game scummy why don't you go harass them

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am extremely town.

Also good and cool.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

lol im the black lady at the end

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rude, I was busy yesterday.

Pretty sure B- called at least half the game scummy why don't you go harass them

oh yeah AND ALL YOU OTHERS THAT BEENUS SAID ARE SCUMMY ARE TEH SCUm TOOOOOO :c00lbert:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks DB I feel better now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

fwiw I don't know that I agree!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I am extremely town.

Also good and cool.

who scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to come back to this for now, I'm not sure if I like Cpig's comments about joke phase ending too soon at the end of b-'s and my posts.

CapitalistPig posted:

lol way to skip jokephase there buzz killington.

CapitalistPig posted:

RIP the jokephase of days past.

u guys are lame.

It just strikes me as kinda fake, especially when CPig is willing to throw the votes and jokes around but acts kinda different when attention is on him. Like it could be playful but I dunno!

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote meh I don't wanna leave anyone on -2 yet.

This is fair! I'm thankful for it even. I'm just not sure if it's self conscious or not.

To be clear I have a null read on the hammer, because I would do the same 5 mins to deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello!

Yeah can’t really blame anyone for a last second hammer

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I dont know who is scum. This is gonna be one of those games where no one stops joking long enough for real cases or whatever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I dont know who is scum. This is gonna be one of those games where no one stops joking long enough for real cases or whatever.

Yeah basically

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am all about real cases

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
7. flerp
6. hal
5. assina
4. cpig
3. db
2. toal
1. fan favorite and forums superstar peramene

among these players sits two as-yet-unchallenged goons, and two town power roles.
the current balance of power is 5/2.
another day of garbage work leaves us at 3/2.

so here goes.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

##vote pmush anyways

flerp votes p, and late, without voting anyone else over the course of d1. that's it.

pmush was town; executing her first was a dick move.

so what about our next dearly departed darling

flerp posted:

bee man is playing classic bee man. his lol @ being voted is basically a null tell

also... it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really want to vote Pmush D1, but I think bee is being pretty town so I don't like those votes. ##vote Asiina for now

hal throws his hands up in the air same as I did, throws a useless vote at the love of his life, goes to bed. this is disagreeing with the would-be-executed as scum position and then presenting a very, very soft nudge that b is town. he doesn't participate in the execution, and then b is killed in the night. could be a play at projecting innocense, but that'd be pretty lame

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello!

Yeah can’t really blame anyone for a last second hammer

so hal just straight up didn't read the end of d1

hal > flerp

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I read Cpig come in and vote with 5 mins to go so what did I not read

Also is not reading really a scum thing?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I don’t go to bed at 730 at night wtf peramean

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874545&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post490064926

17 minutes of actively talking about the ending of the day. It's pretty cut and dry, dude. But it's not necessarily scummy.

bitching about it when it's easily demonstrated kinda is tho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874545&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post490064926

17 minutes of actively talking about the ending of the day. It's pretty cut and dry, dude. But it's not necessarily scummy.

bitching about it when it's easily demonstrated kinda is tho

I’m lost. Yes cpig was around for a few minutes before but he hammered at the end to avoid no cuddle WHAT ARE YOU SAYING

Enlighten me with your wisdom

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, maybe I jumped the gun on calling you disengaged (and making an alignment call based on it), because you're definitely conversing with me now. I don't know what that means, but I recognize it.

Dick Bastardly posted:

pmush seems a bit defensive

maybe overly so

##vote PMush

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, wow, the grammar on that sentence did not come out as smoothly as it did in my head. Lemme try that again.

What I said: "Hm, CPig is kind of checked out. Maybe that means he's VT (because I know a lot of players stop caring about games where they're not PRs)".

B seems to be implying that I 'knew' he's VT because I'm scum. Because I'm not allowed to make D1 alignment calls that aren't HE'S SCUM BECAUSE I SAY SO, apparently.

##unvote, seems like D1's starting for real now.

overly defensive, or as one might call it, actually giving a drat about her first game in forever after getting very publicly dragged over not playing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why did you skip over Asiina?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m lost. Yes cpig was around for a few minutes before but he hammered at the end to avoid no cuddle WHAT ARE YOU SAYING

Enlighten me with your wisdom

how long does a person have to be actively participating in the discussion concerning the execution and the possible target while also actively attempting to get information before it isn't a "last minute" hammer

'cuz that looks something like actually playing the game to me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
skipped over pig too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

how long does a person have to be actively participating in the discussion concerning the execution and the possible target while also actively attempting to get information before it isn't a "last minute" hammer

'cuz that looks something like actually playing the game to me

I thought the point was that cpig voted at the end when there was only one real option so it’s hard to fault him for voting a town which is what I was agreeing with. However long he was or wasn’t around before that isn’t super relevant to that.

I guess I don’t see how you come to the conclusion that I didn’t read from that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

overly defensive, or as one might call it, actually giving a drat about her first game in forever after getting very publicly dragged over not playing

I don’t think you can presume DB knows this whole PMush backstory. I mean I didn’t know all that

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t think you can presume DB knows this whole PMush backstory. I mean I didn’t know all that

it's the first player post in the thread.

PMush Perfect posted:

I dunno, I think if CPig was scum, he would wait for something that wasn't such an obvious jokepost before making a push. It's a bit early to say for sure, but it seems more like he's just not engaged with the game. Someone who's played in games with him recently, has he been :effort: when he's VT?

it's further alluded to here

but really if you wanna play this game

earlier in the day --

PMush Perfect posted:

God drat, I just got dragged by Asiina. You know what? You're right.

Anybody got a small/micro game for me to join and immediately replace out of?

an hour later, practically in response --

11:21, prior to replying

11:25, after joining

Dick Bastardly posted:

you get paid for playing maf?

:aaa:

not that it even loving matters, but

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I didn't know all that

I imagine you didn't.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

cpig was around for a few minutes before but he hammered at the end to avoid no cuddle

peramene posted:

17 minutes of actively talking about the ending of the day.

does not a last minute hammer make. He didn't 'come in', he didn't show up just to hammer, he was here. I invited him to hammer early. He chose to wait. He made the right call in this regard, even tho it was obvious his questions were gonna go unanswered.

I can't believe I'm allowing myself to get so fixated on, at best, a question of extremely pedantic interpretation of fact.

Are your feelings hurt that I pointed out you just didn't want to read the end of a game day? It really doesn't matter, brocephalopod.

Speaking of really doesn't matter:

peramene posted:

overly defensive, or as one might call it, actually giving a drat

Just pretend I said this. Feel better?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I can read and have a functioning brain.

He's obviously gearing up to claim.

This is just a bad post. Aggressive for no reason and, incidentally, wrong. so

Asiina posted:

This is what you say just before you claim one of the power roles in a small game when you have a D1 push on you.

which makes zero sense to me, particularly when the idea of claiming anything at all starts & ends at 'ssina and the actually-obvious intent on the now-revealed-town-b is

b-minus1 posted:

Fuckin lol

What possibly gave you the idea that I have anything to claim

Other than you being scum of course lol

b-minus1 posted:

Wtf is going on here lol when did I even pretend to claim anything

and most importantly

b-minus1 posted:

That was me trying to contain my laughter because people are voting me

i find it hard to believe that b-minus has more in common with me and my warped sensibilities than with the accepted standards and practices of this game so anyway moving on

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat pera get back to casing people so I can figure out who the scum is

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ah yeah that’s the stuff

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah yeah that’s the stuff

jerk off on your own time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

RIP the jokephase of days past.

u guys are lame.

CapitalistPig posted:

##unvote meh I don't wanna leave anyone on -2 yet.

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol disengaged from what? Literally nothing has happened.

CapitalistPig posted:

I understand this frustration. I went to bed pretty confident I had pig in my crosshairs hardcore but truth told he has been Active and Engaging and the scummiest thing he's done by my glance is perhaps-totally-coincidentally drop questions relevant to / for the two departed souls + asiina, which, fwiw, makes me doubt that they're scum together because I think both of them are better than that, because it would be a silly beginner's mistake.

• Locked thread