Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

I wanted to see if anyone would push me to -1.

No one appears to have.

Also I know no one really will probably find this entertaining, but for me making absurd statements in a dead pan sort of way is kinda funny. Like me leaving a vote 'before deadline' because I'm going to sleep 1.5 days before deadline. <3

Toalpaz posted:

Where I satirized low content/fake scum hunting CPig engages in it. CPig almost revels in the fact that they choose their vote not on the scum read of a player but the length of their post. A typical scum maneuver.

##vote CPig

toal is screwing around and having a good time messing with the game as a whole, My Favorite Towntell

Toalpaz posted:

but this is Pmush's first time back in a while and this is d1. Therefor you are bad and mean! Or so I've been told.

oh hey look here it loving is again </bitter>

Toalpaz posted:

B- you never really responded to this and thres only 3 hours left and yah know you better respond now before it's too late right? I don't wanna vote you out of inertia but I do think it's weird how you ignored this post after accusing me of saying something I didn't say about you.

would a toalscum post this and then murder sweet, innocent b in the dead of night??

Toalpaz posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh policy no lunch is bad lunch. ##vote PMush

would a toalscum take the time to bitch at me about being pissed about the god drat literal b movie script itt

Toalpaz posted:

Idk kill me I guess if you think I'm scum. I know I'm town and I just want the best odds to hit scum.

i dont really understand this post but i'm pretty sure toal is exasperated with me (a commonplace position), but surely you know that in this setup, town does not possess the ability to kill via any method save the firing squad??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh, i'm done

well all i have to say about peramene is that she's a total bitch. whack-rear end skank. super slut.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

peramene posted:

oh, i'm done

well all i have to say about peramene is that she's a total bitch. whack-rear end skank. super slut.

Yeah that tracks with what I have

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh, right

##vote hal

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Oooooooooo whoop ##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It was all out of love pera but if you need to lash out I get it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

peramene posted:

i dont really understand this post but i'm pretty sure toal is exasperated with me (a commonplace position), but surely you know that in this setup, town does not possess the ability to kill via any method save the firing squad??

Nah its okay if you don't agree with that strategy but imo town only has a certain amount of chances to take to kill scum, and the more opportunities they take to flip scum generally the better. I can understand somewhat wanting to see a night kill first but the night kill only confirms a town opposed to having the chance to hit scum. People also putting votes down allows a vote history to develop and gives more information to work from based on who voted, who voted last minute, who hammered, who pushed. Etc. I just generally see day 1 as getting a badly informed lunch out of the way in order to get to the main game where we have good/better chances of hitting scum.

Then again you could be scum and are drawing out this discussion to accuse someone of mafia parenting or discussing strategy because its easier to add content like this. :tinfoil:

After today I could go Hal or Asiina? Asiina honestly not having much to contribute after a flip is generally a scum thing imo. I do see scum Asiina being low content/jokey to slide by.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the only thing ive really got is that DB's vote is really bad because ok yeah bee man was town but town can also be wrong and are honestly likely to be wrong. seems like a weak way to justify a vote on hal in my honest opinion

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
pera seems okay, suspicious of toal for vague, inscrutable reasons

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

the night kill only confirms a town opposed to having the chance to hit scum

was this really so loving hard to tell me, Greater SA Mafia Community?

Toalpaz posted:

you could be scum and are drawing out this discussion to accuse someone of mafia parenting or discussing strategy because its easier to add content like this. :tinfoil:

mafia parenting is only as bad as the intentions behind it and with me literally having no concept why the gently caress you'd take a majority-odds-of-hitting-town shot with no information whatsoever, two seconds of "we think it's worth the risk"

Toalpaz posted:

After today I could go Hal or Asiina? Asiina honestly not having much to contribute after a flip is generally a scum thing imo. I do see scum Asiina being low content/jokey to slide by.

it is known that asiina spacing out is a scumtell for her, but also she's been super busy these last few days. idk if hal was needling me to be cute or hoping it might go somewhere, but I'd be more inclined to follow actual, like, meat; as opposed to just chasing metas all drat day

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm suspicious of pera but it's totally just a gut feeling at this point.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah, I'd like to chase down meat too. Its hard when people only like to make one line posts.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t think you can presume DB knows this whole PMush backstory. I mean I didn’t know all that

I know very little about Pmush's personal stuff. As far as that relates to playing mafia, I am also unaware of any incidents or controversy involving pmush.

Pmush, if you read this, I have no ill will toward you, I really did think you looked a little rattled and thought it might've been a tell. Please continue to play maf games with me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I didn't read or see the maf discusso thread post before joining this game.

maybe I thought pmush looked defensive because I lacked the meta context, i don't know

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have no opinions in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I have no opinions in this game

:smithcloud:

This probably makes me feel a little better about you I suppose, scum asiina would likely at least make a token effort

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm suspicious of pera but it's totally just a gut feeling at this point.

You really think pera would put all that effort in as scum during a game when no one is posting much at all? I guess you could try to effort it up once in such a small game to control the narrative but her posts (while a little crazy to me) don't seem like that, they seem like someone actually wanting to get people playing

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

:smithcloud:

This probably makes me feel a little better about you I suppose, scum asiina would likely at least make a token effort

It just feels like there's no real content. Sara posted a whole bunch but I don't feel like I have any new information about her or anyone she posted about.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
pera, what's your opinion on flerp at this point?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

pera, what's your opinion on flerp at this point?

I am not pera but I think the fact that he questioned your vote on me rather than go along with it makes me read town on him. I'm a pretty easy low-effort scum target and I think he'd be more willing to go in with you or at least say he could see me as a possibility if he were scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to go back to ##vote Asiina and trust my gut from yesterday over my probably incorrect meta read of her feeling of responsibility as scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think DB’s vote is (was?) a bad vote but i think db is ultimately town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i think DB’s vote is (was?) a bad vote but i think db is ultimately town.

Hmmmm well why. He's ridden kinda hard for Asiina for no particular reason that I can see while going after PMush who was basically on the same page as Asiina yesterday. Otherwise he's been pretty quiet other than the thing with me today that was fairly weak. You think he'd be trying harder as scum?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No one is really voting and it's getting pretty late in the day. I'm obviously ok with Asiina, I would be comfortable with DB or maybe Cpig as well. I feel pretty good about flerp and pera and toal so far.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna do this

##vote flerp

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I'm gonna do this

##vote flerp

ooooh why

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
my availability from now till deadline is spotty.

I think asiina is town.

I feel better about Hal.

lean town on flerp.

sort of null on toal

not sure how if feel about cpig or pera.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling.

flerp is trying just enough.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmmm well why. He's ridden kinda hard for Asiina for no particular reason that I can see while going after PMush who was basically on the same page as Asiina yesterday. Otherwise he's been pretty quiet other than the thing with me today that was fairly weak. You think he'd be trying harder as scum?

well, its kind of based on the feel of the game. its pretty slow and i think rn scum is content with the pace. so i dont think scum DB would try to vote hal so early, esp given the pretty weak reasoning

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

I have a feeling.

flerp is trying just enough.

tbf this fits entirely into my scum meta :v

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

tbf this fits entirely into my scum meta :v

right like I think if you were town you'd be doing nothing, but you don't want to be seen doing nothing so you're just trying a little bit, but not too hard.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I can't really make that meta read on flerp, I think I've only played with Flerp while scum. IIRC its mostly about hiding behind having a lack of avatar and therefor no presence.

I think Flerp participated less in FFT mafia, but maybe it's just that this game is less than half the size. I will say that Flerp is commenting and following the conversation? Which is okay if a low bar to set.

I guess thats a case in some respects.

Flerp who is scum?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Toalpaz posted:

I can't really make that meta read on flerp, I think I've only played with Flerp while scum. IIRC its mostly about hiding behind having a lack of avatar and therefor no presence.

I think Flerp participated less in FFT mafia, but maybe it's just that this game is less than half the size. I will say that Flerp is commenting and following the conversation? Which is okay if a low bar to set.

I guess thats a case in some respects.

Flerp who is scum?

that is a good question and i dont have a good answer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

right like I think if you were town you'd be doing nothing, but you don't want to be seen doing nothing so you're just trying a little bit, but not too hard.

its mostly that i see the writing on the wall rn and if town doesnt get its rear end in gear then we're just gonna lose so im being the change i want to see in forums mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi how is everyone this evening

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
drat is deadline really in an hour, It's been a whirlwind past couple days.

Let me see if I can try to read something.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Reading asiinas post history I am not a fan. It's a lot of saying basically nothing.

Hal is always really hard for me to read but they are commenting on things and playing and he seems earnest.

Toal is toal, they always seem pretty scummy by default to me.

I haven't played much actual mafia with pera so I don't really have any real meta to go off of and her posting seems genuine after reading through it and ignoring all the spam to change the page. Leaning a bit more town now.

Seems like DB's okay for now, he hasn't done anything overtly scummy.

flerp is being normal flerp imo.

All in all I'd rather ##vote asiina I feel like her posting is mostly just white noise and weak cases. The push to lunch flerp is really weak and not a great case at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
have you seen a strong case in this here mafia game?

• Locked thread