Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
So one nice thing about sniping Jordan Cross in Bangkok is that if you use instinct-o-vision, you can actually track and shoot Jordan through the blinded windows on the second floor. Very convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah the ability to ads with instinct is a good change. I did norice that the tower camera recording in sapineza is waay worse than in the first game since you basically can't do it in your suit anymore

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What other mechanics changed in Hitman 2? I wasn't aware of any besides fire extinguishers but it seems like a good bit.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

What other mechanics changed in Hitman 2? I wasn't aware of any besides fire extinguishers but it seems like a good bit.

Breaching charges nerfed. A few new guards added to hitman 1 camera rooms. AI is a little different somehow. Fetch trick no longer works. Cameras spotting you trespassing or committing crimes now on normal difficulty as well. Instinct no longer slows time.

I may be missing a few more.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

People are now a BIT more touchy about shots coming from nowhere. And by a bit, I mean significantly.

And it's more than just the shots from nowhere. It seems like if you climb down from anywhere that could be a sniper perch and people see you just in the vicinity of climbing down, they're immediately onto you. So I tried to do the climb down and hide thing and this guy managed to get there just in time to spot me. I figure doing more work to KO everyone would work too, but I was annoyed, so I just decided to take a sniper rifle briefcase along to my SASO and it worked out fine in Colorado.

So by "more touchy" you mean "more touchy than pinpointing exactly where the shot came from, jogging over to the water tower that you're using, standing under it and hollering at you forever, drawing in more and more passing soldiers until a dozen people are underneath you yelling at you with no way to see or even reach you"? Cause that was my experience trying to do suit only sniper assassin in Colorado without climbing down in Hitman 1.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Expect My Mom posted:

Wow I knew about her, I just thought she was an easy keycard get, but I usually took care of Francesca before doing the lab anyway, ty

I also usually do the virus last, but I often go get the dongle and keycard first just to have it handled

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm still a bit confused about which Hitman 1 content carries over to Hitman 2 and which doesn't. If I grab the Blood Money Requiem Pack on Steam will I be able to use its items in Hitman 2 as well?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yes. On consoles you have to download the Legacy Pack through the Hitman 1 store page, so make sure you start doing that first if you plan on deleting H1 off your hard drive.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

"We'll return once the burgers are served"

"Yes boss"

Ah, videogames.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://i.imgur.com/7DUVQvN.gifv

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GOTY

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Drop a guard three feet off a ledge. NON TARGET KILLED

I like that it shows me when a dump will kill someone by adding "eliminate" instead of just "dump."

Dabir posted:

So by "more touchy" you mean "more touchy than pinpointing exactly where the shot came from, jogging over to the water tower that you're using, standing under it and hollering at you forever, drawing in more and more passing soldiers until a dozen people are underneath you yelling at you with no way to see or even reach you"? Cause that was my experience trying to do suit only sniper assassin in Colorado without climbing down in Hitman 1.

More touchy in spotting that it is you, exactly you, if you run off the roof and see anyone at all. Imagine this in Marrakesh: Snipe from roof, exit roof without gun, random passerby says OH YOU ARE THE SNIPER and goes orange because they saw you exiting a place that leads to the roof. That's where I had a bit of a bitch of a time with it. Luckily, the drainpipe escape worked better.

Normally, they'll just be white-dotted and go away after a while in the case you're describing. Sounds like you had pretty bad luck with the AI.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

freebooter posted:

I dunno - the post-level Hitman 2 changes mean I'm not exactly sure where you see stuff, it's just that bar and all the popping up scores like "wooooh you unlocked a door 5 points."

When the bar has stopped you press square on PS4 (so X on XBox, whatever the PC equivalent is) and you get a detailed score screen, showing all those "silent takedown, opened door" etc challenges, it should tell you what failed you re: Silent Assassin there.

And I managed SASO on Colorado and Japan afterwards as well, so (on professional difficulty) this is how I re-did it on each Hitman 1 level if anybody is having trouble:

Paris - Got invitation from bathroom, went through basement and up stairs to get fireworks remote, killed both in the accidental fall. Dealer's choice of exits
Sapienza - Distracted Caruso with the videotape, fibrewired him. Snuck up to Francesca's office did the same to her when she's at her desk. Snuck down to the ledge in the lab, shot the virus and exited via plane.
Marrakesh - Wake the waiter for the poison opportunity. Go up through the consulate garage and electrify the railing. Exit the way you came in.
Bangkok - Poison Morgan, sneak across the atrium roof, get into Cross' bathroom, lure and take out two roadies, do the same to Cross. Leave the way you came in, you probably should save scum and make sure you take out the cameras on the way in.
Colorado - Sneak along the edge, get to the barn, use your pistol to drop the hay on Maya. Sneak to Berg's shed, distract and box the two guards there, wait for him to return, kill him how you please and stuff him in a closet. Sneak into the basement (take out the camera on the stairs) and now you have a choice. There is a poison syringe in the basement you can take and if you brought one with you, this means you can poison both Rose and Graves. Probably when Rose is in his bathroom and when Graves crosses the door to the basement are the best times to strike. What I did was take out the guard in Rose's room, take out the patrolling guard and drop the chandelier on both of them when they entered the house. Then you play silly games with the hackers to get the mask and exit as required. Obviously in this entire level there's lots of avoiding guards and hiding, the new foliage outside helps with this a lot actually.
Japan - Get the cigs from whats-his-faces room and put them on the table near the sushi chefs, you will need to jump a wall and exit by the guard, don't worry you exiting a trespass zone doesn't gently caress you if you are quick. Yuki will grab them. Go down the pipe, grab the mood altering thing and sneak to the morgue. Maybe take out the recordings while you're here, but it is not necessary. Lure the doctor into the heart room with the mood thing, sneak in after him (you will need to be quick or to gently caress with him some more so the door stays open). Knock him out, box him and toss the heart in the trash. On your way out grab a screwdriver from a side room, be careful exiting up the stairs. Quickly exit through the sushi chef door as the other one has a camera and if you didn't take out the recordings in the morgue you will be spotted. Screwdriver the barrel near where you climbed down the pipe and wait for Yuki to kill herself by smoking. Exit via cable car.

Paris and Japan are by far the easiest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love how brutal just tossing that heart in the trash is btw.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo, I just realized this game has a loving 4.3 user score on Metacritic. I seriously have no idea how it could be so low--you'd think people would know what they're buying by this point. The only thing that might keep me from giving it a stellar score if I were the reviewing type is that I think advertising 6 maps when the first one barely counts was a bit of a stretch, but otherwise I just don't get it.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

ReWinter posted:

If you do (notes on order) hippo second you can hoof it across the dock (the guard at the far end is distracted on his phone) and enter the fields from the mansion side. Hit the AC to lure the other guy out of Franco's little hut, knock him out, and you can then shoot Franco through the window as he leans over the table in the center of the room

A guard will eventually find him in there but you can just hoof it to the nearby helicopter and secure the SASO before that happens.

That sounds a lot faster than how I ended up doing it. I shot down the plant while Martinez was walking under it to take her out, used the hidden path near the construction site to get to the hippo and take out Delgado, and booked it all the way back to the start where I lured the guards away from the cave enterance and knocked them out to gain access to the caves. I then deleted the recordings in the security room of the caves, went to the coca fields and grabbed the circuit board, lured the guards out of the cocaine machine room by turning off the generator, and then I fixed the machine and ultimately pushed Franco in. From there it was an easy trek to the chopper with no exposed bodies. It was easier than I thought it'd be; the tall vegetation mechanic makes getting around the only potentially sticky part much easier.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
It's a worthless metric. Even more so if you look at other games that are similar bombed with negative user reviews. Spyro and Battlefield 5 are also averaging about a 3 on user score on that site. Whether it's bots or real people, I couldn't fathom a motivation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My SASO runs are pretty similar except:

Paris: I just used the pipe on the back of the mansion to get around. I flashbanged the Pyrotechnic guys to get the fireworks trigger quicker.
Marrakesh: There's a side room on the 2nd level of the Consulate (by the stairs) you can lure the target's guard in and get him while him while he's alone.
Colorado: I got Sean at the very beginning. Got his attention near the hay bails sitting around the camera area and broke his neck. You can stick him in the thrasher even. I dropped the chandelier on the one lady who goes into the house and got Berg in the basement by OD'ing the guy there.
Hokkaido: Basically the same as a ninja run. Take the back room out of the spa, climb the window, enter the maintenance room and turn up the steam in the sauna. Since this doesn't work anymore due to a glitch introduced in the new update, I had to lure Yuki's guard into the maintenance room then gun her down. If you leave her guard's body near the door or stick an item on the ground in between the door and the wall, you can leave it open so you can backtrack down into the morgue and then shoot the heart. This is the fastest one and would have been faster if the sauna kill worked.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 25, 2018

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Ive tried to do Sapienza SASO three times now and I have no idea whats going wrong but I never get it. Having some ingame checklist to tell you how you hosed up would be pretty good

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

Ive tried to do Sapienza SASO three times now and I have no idea whats going wrong but I never get it. Having some ingame checklist to tell you how you hosed up would be pretty good

Click on the "Score Breakdown" screen (if on PS4 it's square on the results screen). It will give you a breakdown. The stuff on the right (Never Spotted/No Evidence/etc etc) are basically the Silent Assassin checklist. You should know if you stayed in your suit the whole time.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Click on the "Score Breakdown" screen (if on PS4 it's square on the results screen). It will give you a breakdown. The stuff on the right (Never Spotted/No Evidence/etc etc) are basically the Silent Assassin checklist. You should know if you stayed in your suit the whole time.

Yea thats cool but having one to check ingame and not after an hour + of playing one level would be better

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

garycoleisgod posted:

When the bar has stopped you press square on PS4 (so X on XBox, whatever the PC equivalent is) and you get a detailed score screen, showing all those "silent takedown, opened door" etc challenges, it should tell you what failed you re: Silent Assassin there.

And I managed SASO on Colorado and Japan afterwards as well, so (on professional difficulty) this is how I re-did it on each Hitman 1 level if anybody is having trouble:

Paris - Got invitation from bathroom, went through basement and up stairs to get fireworks remote, killed both in the accidental fall. Dealer's choice of exits
Sapienza - Distracted Caruso with the videotape, fibrewired him. Snuck up to Francesca's office did the same to her when she's at her desk. Snuck down to the ledge in the lab, shot the virus and exited via plane.
Marrakesh - Wake the waiter for the poison opportunity. Go up through the consulate garage and electrify the railing. Exit the way you came in.
Bangkok - Poison Morgan, sneak across the atrium roof, get into Cross' bathroom, lure and take out two roadies, do the same to Cross. Leave the way you came in, you probably should save scum and make sure you take out the cameras on the way in.
Colorado - Sneak along the edge, get to the barn, use your pistol to drop the hay on Maya. Sneak to Berg's shed, distract and box the two guards there, wait for him to return, kill him how you please and stuff him in a closet. Sneak into the basement (take out the camera on the stairs) and now you have a choice. There is a poison syringe in the basement you can take and if you brought one with you, this means you can poison both Rose and Graves. Probably when Rose is in his bathroom and when Graves crosses the door to the basement are the best times to strike. What I did was take out the guard in Rose's room, take out the patrolling guard and drop the chandelier on both of them when they entered the house. Then you play silly games with the hackers to get the mask and exit as required. Obviously in this entire level there's lots of avoiding guards and hiding, the new foliage outside helps with this a lot actually.
Japan - Get the cigs from whats-his-faces room and put them on the table near the sushi chefs, you will need to jump a wall and exit by the guard, don't worry you exiting a trespass zone doesn't gently caress you if you are quick. Yuki will grab them. Go down the pipe, grab the mood altering thing and sneak to the morgue. Maybe take out the recordings while you're here, but it is not necessary. Lure the doctor into the heart room with the mood thing, sneak in after him (you will need to be quick or to gently caress with him some more so the door stays open). Knock him out, box him and toss the heart in the trash. On your way out grab a screwdriver from a side room, be careful exiting up the stairs. Quickly exit through the sushi chef door as the other one has a camera and if you didn't take out the recordings in the morgue you will be spotted. Screwdriver the barrel near where you climbed down the pipe and wait for Yuki to kill herself by smoking. Exit via cable car.

Paris and Japan are by far the easiest.

Rather than fiddling in the Barn and shed in Colorado I found the easiest solution was to start at west bridge, sneak into the basement with a roll of quarters and just turn the interior basement door into a Venus flytrap. It’s fairly easy to clear out most of the first floor. Berg already goes down there, Rose and Graves both stop at the clock (you can chandelier one if you prefer), and The haybale can be dropped onto Parvati from the upstairs balcony with your silver baller.

Japan really is one of the easiest, though I prefer sauna for Yamazaki and just shooting the heart from the security room.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Does anyone have good routes for SASO/Sniper Assassin on Master difficulty, new and old maps? I haven't spent too much time on the new maps on Master yet, but my memory of the 2016 Professional changes is that they added guards specifically to gently caress with "easy" SASO routes.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I like that it shows me when a dump will kill someone by adding "eliminate" instead of just "dump."

It's funny- I could have sworn I saw some dump prompts without Eliminate under them that still killed the dumpee. The one I'm thinking of is where the Broadway star whose name I've forgotten goes to puke in Mumbai, with the guard and car battery nearby. Crazier still is that I'm pretty sure I've dumped his body on different sides of the bridge there with different results!

StabMasterArson posted:

Yea thats cool but having one to check ingame and not after an hour + of playing one level would be better

Agreed, it'd be nice if there was an indicator on the HUD somewhere that would just tell you plainly if you're no longer eligible for SA, or at least if you've been recorded by a camera and need to destroy evidence (and didn't vanish in ~15 seconds).

En Garde Motherfuckers fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 25, 2018

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

It's a worthless metric. Even more so if you look at other games that are similar bombed with negative user reviews. Spyro and Battlefield 5 are also averaging about a 3 on user score on that site. Whether it's bots or real people, I couldn't fathom a motivation.

I'd say the motivation is that capital G "Gamers" are the most thin-skinned pissants in the entire world. The developers could've said something on Twitter, or put something in or took something out or their favorite YouTuber said a negative thing about it once or a YouTuber they hate liked it or who-the-gently caress-knows.

VV Oh god is it climate change deniers? Tell me it's climate change deniers.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 25, 2018

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Sinteres posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized this game has a loving 4.3 user score on Metacritic. I seriously have no idea how it could be so low--you'd think people would know what they're buying by this point. The only thing that might keep me from giving it a stellar score if I were the reviewing type is that I think advertising 6 maps when the first one barely counts was a bit of a stretch, but otherwise I just don't get it.

Jeez, I have had some annoying crashing issues on PC but that's just brutal. Considering only 20 users have actually reviewed it, and the majority are positive, I'm wondering if it was a review bomb from gamer gate types mad over its politics? I haven't finished it yet but I've heard it goes places.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

il serpente cosmico posted:

Jeez, I have had some annoying crashing issues on PC but that's just brutal. Considering only 20 users have actually reviewed it, and the majority are positive, I'm wondering if it was a review bomb from gamer gate types mad over its politics? I haven't finished it yet but I've heard it goes places.

Honestly I'd expect it's more that it's review bombing over Denuvo. Gamers get irrationally mad about DRM.

The political content is more on the nose than the previous game but it's not really the type that gets gamergaters mad. It's more "global warming is real" than "feminism is good".

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

BF5 is likely low because alt right types are mad about being able to play as women and people of color in their favorite Nazi simulator, and the rest are still mad because it's EA / DICE and they're still simmering over Battlefront 2.

Spyro got a lot of bad publicity because it doesn't include subtitles and the publishers response to the criticism was really lovely. I feel for the disabled folks that are affected by this, but spamming 1.0s is really loving stupid.

Review bombing has made user ratings absolutely worthless.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 25, 2018

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I'd expect it's more that it's review bombing over Denuvo. Gamers get irrationally mad about DRM.

The political content is more on the nose than the previous game but it's not really the type that gets gamergaters mad. It's more "global warming is real" than "feminism is good".

Ah, that's make sense. The PC ratings are a lot lower; I didn't realize it had Denuvo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It might be the always online thing?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Grapplejack posted:

It might be the always online thing?

Little column A, little column B. The important thing is, never ever trust "User Ratings".

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Jim, stop dancing, this is serious

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

It's funny- I could have sworn I saw some dump prompts without Eliminate under them that still killed the dumpee. The one I'm thinking of is where the Broadway star whose name I've forgotten goes to puke in Mumbai, with the guard and car battery nearby. Crazier still is that I'm pretty sure I've dumped his body on different sides of the bridge there with different results!

I've had this too and I think it might be because they're drowning in the small puddles of water in the sewer. Otherwise I can't explain it.

Agreed, it'd be nice if there was an indicator on the HUD somewhere that would just tell you plainly if you're no longer eligible for SA, or at least if you've been recorded by a camera and need to destroy evidence (and didn't vanish in ~15 seconds).

loving this.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Binbag McGraw posted:

I've had this too and I think it might be because they're drowning in the small puddles of water in the sewer. Otherwise I can't explain it.

Sometimes very, very short falls will kill a person. You see it a lot in Whittleton - if you conk the road working standing next to the dug up street section in the head with a blunt object, he tends to fall into that tiny little pit and immediately die.

Honestly, I think the problem is less "it's hard to know when you lost SA" and more "SA is the only rating that matters". I miss the system in Blood Money where you had separate scales for stealth and violence and you'd get unique ratings based on the balance of the two (and a whole bunch of other factors). It meant that it wasn't like a value judgement about whether you did a "good" or "bad" job - it was just a recognition of different styles. The Hitman 2016 system is just "no you hosed up, 0 hitman symbols".

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 25, 2018

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Sometimes very, very short falls will kill a person. You see it a lot in Whittleton - if you conk the road working standing next to the dug up street section in the head with a blunt object, he tends to fall into that tiny little pit and immediately die.

Yeah, I've seen that too, but in the Mumbai example above it seems you can throw someone off the exact same point at that sewer and get different results. I may be wrong and just missing something, though. Maybe it depends on how they fall, pushing someone off the ledge vs dragging their body and dumping them?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm incredibly annoyed that I can't rebind the keys how I had them in the first game because putting two functions on the same key, even if they're for entirely different game modes and were bound to the same key to begin with is verboten but despite my muscle memory causing me to gently caress up literally everything I do, I'm having a lot of fun with this. :v:

My kid is very keen to buy the collector's edition, so does anyone know if you can buy say, the PS4 collector's edition and redeem the collector's pack items on PC? Apologies if that's already been answered but the thread had like, 50 pages since I last looked at it.

Edit: also, why does the game keep autosaving even though I've turned autosaves off? There doesn't seem to be any autosaves being made that I can load, but it still autosaves when entering certain areas or whatever.

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 25, 2018

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Little column A, little column B. The important thing is, never ever trust "User Ratings".

Yup, especially since ANY grievance is enough for people to just vote 0 on a game.

Top 3 ones on metacritic for the PS4 version.
1 complaining that the game is a mostly digital download.
A legitimate complaint, and the person seems to have some issues with downloading it.
Annoying sure, but not worthy of dropping the score to 0.

Number 2 is... a giant wall of text screed complaining about a billion things.
And is incredibly annoyed that people are fooled by disguises.

Number 3, oh hey there's an over the shoulder camera with offset. 0 score.

I don't really understand why metacritic has user scores at all, especially since like on steam, any slight, even just something tangentially related on social media is enough to get some people to crawl out of the woodwork to complain.

I imagine most people just give a cursory view to see if there are any repeating annoyances that come up, like if many people complain about crashes or something.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

User reviews are also completely worthless due to the amount of 10s and 0s people submit to "balance" what they see as an "unjust" score. gently caress, they're a bunch of pedantic shitbabies.

I'm glad the critical reception was good at least. Hitman 2 seems to be around an 83 and, while my subjective opinion puts this as GOTY, that score seems fair.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Xanderkish posted:

3) Start from right next to the airplane and snipe the virus through the lab glass and then immediately gently caress off into the skies above.

I constantly forget exactly what glass I can shoot through or not. I think videogames in general have preconditioned me into thinking only some glass can be hosed with or not; with Hitman it seems like the vast majority of windows and glass structures can be shot through, though?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pilchenstein posted:

Edit: also, why does the game keep autosaving even though I've turned autosaves off? There doesn't seem to be any autosaves being made that I can load, but it still autosaves when entering certain areas or whatever.

You probably completed a challenge or did something towards a challenge. It will save those.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Binbag McGraw posted:

User reviews are also completely worthless due to the amount of 10s and 0s people submit to "balance" what they see as an "unjust" score. gently caress, they're a bunch of pedantic shitbabies.

They're a reaction to critical scores that at least used to be just as worthless. I don't think things are quite as bad anymore (which isn't to say they're perfect now), but Master of Orion 3 coming out and getting a ton of good reviews (9.2 at IGN) despite being so unready to be published that it had squiggly lines in place of graphical combat was a lowpoint for the review industry. User scores seem to have developed problems of their own, so maybe they've outlived their usefulness, but at one point being able to see if reviewers were straight up lying to you by publishing what amounted to a press release by the developer was a useful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Flubby posted:

I can't seem to get Photobomb to work properly in Paris. The explosion doesn't kill anyone. It just knocks them all out. It feels like there's things in the older levels that just aren't working right.

Guessing you're using the mini remote explosives like I did, yeah those don't work for any of those from what I've seen.