Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

LobsterMobster posted:

:ortiz: has been communicating with steven jobs, whom died in 2011, as of 5 years ago

it's sacrilegious but i think tito has real potential at being funnier than like dril. if he would just video himself answering questions about anything periodically, i think he'd have a real shot. like i could ask him "android or iphone" and he'd be like "sometimes you just gotta know when to fold em, and sometimes they're better than you think" and nod to himself reassuringly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it's sacrilegious but i think tito has real potential at being funnier than like dril. if he would just video himself answering questions about anything periodically, i think he'd have a real shot. like i could ask him "android or iphone" and he'd be like "sometimes you just gotta know when to fold em, and sometimes they're better than you think" and nod to himself reassuringly

Those Mickey's promo spots were loving amazing

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

gently caress. Can I pay them 2X for this?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Those Mickey's promo spots were loving amazing

Yeah they were great all around.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
All my life, I knew one thing: I got Toyos, as well, and get stung.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Given ONE Championship being a bit of a hot topic I figured I'd share that you can watch Friday night's event for free (some regional blocking) on their YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvCekk_PPE

There's also the ONE Super App that also lets you watch it free on your mobile device.

Event starts in about 10 hours from this post.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So this is how I find out Brandon Vera is 1) still fighting and 2) a champ somewhere

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Chris James 2 posted:

So this is how I find out Brandon Vera is 1) still fighting and 2) a champ somewhere

He's already halfway to his goal

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Nice stop for Vera but man he looks like he is benefiting from not being in USADA testing pool.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Brandon Vera's greatest contribution to MMA is being on the wrong end of the Ben Rothwell Turbo Hyper Combo Finisher move.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He said some funny things about getting his orbital bone broke.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

He didn't say anything about getting his loving skull caved in.

e: oh that was the male cyborg and they're not the same people, huh.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

male cyborg is still trapped in that pokeball

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1066040430712639488

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is that old? I think I remember tito using a juice box as a prop before

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
We're almost there. It's almost time! Show of hands, who's hyped to see Ortiz and Liddell facing off once again across the cage? Anyone? Anyone? Hm. Who's sad about that video of Liddell trying not to cry, and afraid he's going to look like a broken old man as he gets beat up by a man he cold knocked out in their two earlier confrontations? Yeah. I thought so.

I just watched the weigh-in. Lolling at Easter, but Tito looked shredded. Chuck didn't look too bad for a guy with three great-grandchildren.

There were some pretty good b-league shenanigans with a dude who showed up in like six layers of clothes, and took so long peeling off his jeans and belt that the official stormed off, then the dude refused to take off his cross necklace.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

mewse posted:

Is that old? I think I remember tito using a juice box as a prop before

Yeah, it was from a couple of years ago when Bellator was promoting Tito vs. Chael. Speaking of which, since Chael has already beaten Tito he's now targeting Chuck:

https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/1065847997689253888

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah, it was from a couple of years ago when Bellator was promoting Tito vs. Chael. Speaking of which, since Chael has already beaten Tito he's now targeting Chuck:

https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/1065847997689253888

I feel pretty confident about Chuck's ability to knock out Chael Sonnen in TYOOL 2018

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ps4 users get a 10% discount on preorders for the card, which was good enough to get it under my "cheap enough for a farce" budget.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tito's death is going to be so satisfying. or chuck's actual death is going to be so sad

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1066480394755727360

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just placed a $25 bet for Liddell to win over Ortiz in the year of our lord 2018.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Chuck's hosed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He is - but it'd be funny as hell to see him clip Tito with a wild slow old man punch and put him down one last time

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Rashad gonna tap out to verbiage soon

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He is - but it'd be funny as hell to see him clip Tito with a wild slow old man punch and put him down one last time

That would be so good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

Rashad gonna tap out to verbiage soon

Haha that was loving hilarious. He was just stuttering there for like 15 seconds

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

They discounted the price again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What led to this fight?

“well, chuck used to sleep at my house and he picked his feet on my couch and my wife was like ‘why is he picking his feet’ and I was like ‘chuck, dude, you can’t be picking your feet on my couch”

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

i would to see the face of a trained medical doctor as he views x rays of chuck's knees when they tell him he's about to fight

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

They discounted the price again.

Correction: They TRIED to discount it

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/23/18109158/chuck-liddell-vs-tito-ortiz-3-black-friday-pay-per-view-deal-cancelled-mma-news

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am probably the only one in this world who wants to see this fight tonight. how did this poo poo even happen. let's fuckin go chuck. do any of these other fights look decent?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

grisham: "okay frank, what does chuck need to do tonight?"
mir: "well he needs to do pretty much what he did the first two times"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

sponsored by Fred Loya Insurance

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mexican Fatweight!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh poo poo I hope that first kick is a good prediction of what the rest of this night is going to be like

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Mexicans never stop coming”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
hammerfist to the side of the knee. We don't see enough of that in mma