Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I can't believe Tomoko died of blood loss again for the second fight in a row.

I can't believe that Wakatsuki's nearly in his forties and that he's already studied grappling before meeting Cosmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

wakatsuki is a gamer it's in his backstory

his secret technique is challenging muteba to goldeneye 64

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
unfortunately Muteba knows a dozen ways to kill a man with one of those crazy trident 64 controllers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Mutebas eyes are lasers and he's going to slice wakatsuki head off

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm going to be upset if Muteba doesn't win. As someone else mentioned, he isn't Japanese so he isn't going to win the whole thing, but please let him defeat boring strong man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
muteba would be a much more interesting opponent for ohma.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wakatsuki is wasting flashbacks already, Muteba's got this. He's gonna go for the THIRD heart jab, because he knows that Waka knows that he knows that no one sees the third heart jab coming.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just as Kiryu improvised a method to use Rakshaha's Palm with his feet, Muteba also can perform Heart Jabs with his toes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm laughing my rear end off at these two basically reenacting this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkBuKQEkio

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Grappling Muteba without restraining his arms seems like a really bad idea.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Grappling muteba instead of just throwing him around is pretty dumb

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
I was really thinking wakatsuki would win before this fight started but now it feels like we've seen all wakatsuki's backstory and techniques while muteba is a lot more mysterious. also it seems like this fight is already playing out the same way wakatsuki vs. ohma would have to, i dont know where that matchup could go besides ohma having to outthink wakatsuki and avoid getting into a slugfest. i think the author is smart enough not to repeat things like that so if wakatsuki wins theres going to have to be some kind of massive change in his fighting style. like maybe muteba cripples him in some way

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's interesting that Wakatsuki's teacher tells him he needs to have a surprise to beat the Fang, but he's being forced to reveal them all before the actual rematch. Makes me think that even if he wins this fight (which looks doubtful) he won't make it to the finals.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fang is going to get mercked by the Ultimate Jobber

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I can't remember have we seen any of Muteba's flashbacks? Other than the pirate massacre.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Unless Waka developed *3* secret techniques then he has to lose here.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The last panel shows Seki not hearing a goddamn thing and noticing something in the fight so next chapter is gonna be nuts

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Nani?! Z-zoom punch!?'

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When Muteba was thinking of World Class Grapplers he included Meguro :unsmith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

verbal enema posted:

Well, Meguro was super good at Judo.

Like even at a young age he managed to kill his dad and his pupils, several of which were like national representative-level or something.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

verbal enema posted:

Muteba made meguro his friend. It is just Meguro saw friendship as murder, they became murderfriends and Muteba respects that. Also Meguro could have done a lot better fighting if he hadn't been so drat crazy/fighting someone perfectly willing to straight kill him. Like if he had been fighting someone like say cosmo? or Seki? he'd have done much better.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Kind of similar to Raian, I think Meguro started just using violence instead of his judo because he was so out of his mind. I think he was a lot stronger than what we actually saw. He also took what might have been a lot of damage from Sawada before the fight. He was just so strong as a tiny 13 year old.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm just happy he got to be drawn again :3:

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
Jun's just been thinking to himself this entire fight, so he's not a very good commentator.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Seeing Raian now is kind of odd because he's quite composed. This is the most chill we've seen of him

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Well he really got to have some fun didn't he. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there some reason so many manga have some fake karate style that is clearly intended to correspond to kyokushin? Actual names are used for other martial arts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Is there some reason so many manga have some fake karate style that is clearly intended to correspond to kyokushin? Actual names are used for other martial arts.

The idea of a huge organization of Karatekas created by a mythical leader is an attractive one? If you used the actual one then you would be grounding it in reality and the people in charge of it wouldn't be ridiculous manga badasses.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Wakatsuki had seed 13 and didn't elect to be placed in the matchup next to Fang's. He's a huge loving idiot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Wakatsuki had seed 13 and didn't elect to be placed in the matchup next to Fang's. He's a huge loving idiot.

The last time he fought him he got his foot crumpled like a soda can under a sledgehammer. Now he wants to wait and observe his fighting style.

Also, update. https://mangadex.org/chapter/490085/1

Aug 24, 2011

i dont think wakatsuki is going to be mutebas friend after this just saying

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tonfa posted:

he thought he could get to the final without using the blast core so that Agito wouldn't have seen it but would have taken some damage

anyway i really loving hope muteba wins but i get the feeling he's going to eat some huge attack after letting his own guard down now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

where the red fern gropes posted:

i dont think wakatsuki is going to be mutebas friend after this just saying

I'unno, Muteba seems to be pretty into him right now.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i like that muteba is always evaluating attack efficiency, even if it's against him

Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

he thought he could get to the final without using the blast core so that Agito wouldn't have seen it but would have taken some damage

anyway i really loving hope muteba wins but i get the feeling he's going to eat some huge attack after letting his own guard down now

muteba made the cardinal mistake of landing a seemingly lethal blow without winning the fight before the chapter ended

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Worked against Seki!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Wakatsuki has been so focused on defeating the fang and he's the only challenger him losing before the hero would be good

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This fight's good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We are now at 1 successful Heart Jab and 3 attempted Heart Jabs.

It's possible that Kuroki may have an unrefined new attack he can use in his upcoming fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Bold to assume he didn't master it years ago.

He probably has, actually. His whole thing is having flawless fundamentals, and he made his position on half-baked improvisation clear when he beat Setsuna.