Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

wargames posted:

but tesla like apple so BRAVE for taking such a bold move in distruping our mindsets on whether a car should be made, or function.
ftfy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao

anyone living where it snows regularly sees the cycle of snow -> slush -> roads dry -> line of cars at car wash

nobody is loving worried about washing their car in freezing temps.

with the absurd amount of salt we put on our roads you bet your rear end i'm in the wash bay regularly

feels good to disappear into a cloud of grey water and emerge in a clean, unsalted car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

ftfy

with the absurd amount of salt we put on our roads you bet your rear end i'm in the wash bay regularly

feels good to disappear into a cloud of grey water and emerge in a clean, unsalted car

well if you own a tesla it's a choice between body rot and a functioning vehicle I guess

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Check out two Tesla battery modulus catch fire and thermal runaway, courtesy of rich rebuilds.

It was part of an ev conversion project, and they weren't accidentally sorted the battery out.

https://youtu.be/WdDi1haA71Q

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bigclive could totally make a feature film with a tesla couldn't he

assuming it didn't kill him in the process i mean

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jamsta posted:

Check out two Tesla battery modulus catch fire and thermal runaway, courtesy of rich rebuilds.

It was part of an ev conversion project, and they weren't accidentally sorted the battery out.

https://youtu.be/WdDi1haA71Q

just start at 6:19 and watch the batteries taking off like bottle rockets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDi1haA71Q&t=379s

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

infernal machines posted:

actual tesla content: they broke a bunch of basic poo poo, like rolling up windows, OTA, in an attempt to fix their massive design deficiencies

these are getting to be like 9x era windows updates

or current era windows update, i guess

lol when i clicked this url there was an ad at the bottom which was "buy gold!1!!111!", but for ev battery metals

mewse
May 2, 2006

actual tesla content: they broke a bunch of basic poo poo, like rolling up windows, OTA, in an attempt to fix their massive design deficiencies

these are getting to be like 9x era windows updates

or current era windows update, i guess

The hardware doesn't matter, we can update everything in software. Want a self driving car? We've just gotta write the code and push it out to the fleet

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NYCAntifa/status/1066114782493884416

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

next up smash into an ambulance for the first responder trifecta

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
that tweet of the tesla hitting the police car is old as hell (6 months)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

a few pages back, but florida does have hills in the panhandle, and some of the hills in town here require curbing your tires to safely park on them.

the panhandle has actually belonged to Georgia this whole time and nobody's bothered to check :ssh:

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 24, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shame Boy posted:

the panhandle has actually belonged to Georgia this whole time and nobody's bothered to check :ssh:

The panhandle is Alabama mostly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

actually i was up in Tallahassee recently and it does have some nice rolling hills and beautiful scenic farmland and meadows around it, shame about the rest

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

The panhandle is Alabama mostly

alabama already has access to the gulf of mexico so they let georgia have it :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pretty old but i love it when musk tries to be nerd-cool:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Model 3rd Impact

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SardonicTyrant posted:

Model 3rd Impact

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shame Boy posted:

actually i was up in Tallahassee recently and it does have some nice rolling hills and beautiful scenic farmland and meadows around it, shame about the rest

Did you miss the insanely phallic capital building

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

now post a gif of it majestically rising over the horizon as you travel towards it on apalachee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

now post a gif of it majestically rising over the horizon as you travel towards it on apalachee

I left FL in 2007 and have been back fewer than 5 times since to visit family.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

and you wont travel back there just to make a gif for the funy computer forum?????

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
shockingly, the car that was only ever tested on a road track in california literally does not function in snow

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
for reference, this is the car that needed an ota update to make the brakes work because no one thought to check if real-world braking performance differed from their perfectly clean and level asphalt test-track

mewse
May 2, 2006

"Hi internet, my brand new car won't move lol. It's snowing outside and I'm getting hungry"

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Car now claiming a snowbank as its permanent residence, please advise.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

shockingly, the car that was only ever tested on a road track in california literally does not function in snow

lmao the traction control is being spectacularly overzealous there

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao the traction control is being spectacularly overzealous there

I think you’ll find it has 100% traction control :colbert:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Tell him to just activate automatic driving and it will seek out a snowplow for him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's amazing that the wheels apparently aren't even beginning to rotate. i thought that traction control at least needed a little bit of movement to detect slipping. almost like it's just a terrible software bug like those italian motorcycles where the engine won't fire if it's exactly 0 celsius because of a divide-by-zero error

but if it is traction control why isn't there just a button to turn it off, like in every other car ever made with the system

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

there aren't any buttons

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok why isn't there a four-finger touchscreen gesture that deactivates it and pops up a giggling anime girl in a snowsuit

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

you won't car.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

ok why isn't there a four-finger touchscreen gesture that deactivates it and pops up a giggling anime girl in a snowsuit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

just put it into ludicrous mode and do a burnout into your garage

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you're notice he was lucky enough to have that happen on his driveway, and not say, in the middle of an intersection making a left with an 18 wheeler barreling down on him

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
its a shame i would have to wait 1.5 hours every 3 hours if i chose a telsa on a cross-country road trip

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

everything about tesla is like one of those 20 year old jokes about what if microsoft built a car? except for real and people are spending $60k+ to buy them

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
telsas are the only modicum signifier of progress in our otherwise bleak distopic society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you're an idiot