Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

isndl posted:

I'd been wondering about this but pretty much never go down next to Blood Sugar to test it. Or are you using the vampirism perk to regen HP via melee kills?

In this instance, It was health from red sugar. I run vampire on all my loadouts but with your shield down and how swarms will happily attack you forever, it's not feasible to stay alive on that sliver of health.

Still, I'll take swan song any game I can get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I’m pretty sure you could even use a resupply to get your health back in that window, especially with the perk that makes you grab resupplies faster.

I knew that perk would be amazing the moment they announced it, just for avoiding dying in weird places that are horrible to revive (which is really the main thing that leads to losing imo).

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Berserker / Iron Will / Vampire is a really solid setup for Hazard 4 because of all of the ammunition savings and durability boosting.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i really love this game and it just keeps getting better and better with every update. working on prestiging my driller now.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Update 18.5 posted:

Good EEEEEEvening, Miners!

Halloween is upon us and we have made a small update for you to get spooky! We don’t really consider this a true update since we are working on the next big update which will include new weapons and upgrade system and a total makeover of the prices for vanity and upgrades. Exciting times ahead!

--- PATCH NOTES ---

HALLOWEEN

Pumpkins added to the Space Rig for you to kick!
Trick-or-Treat Pumpkins in the caves. Try your luck smashing them!
Limited sale of Pumpkin Helmets! Boo muhahaha!!!!
Banner in Abyss Bar and moody lighting.

RETIREMENT AND XP FIXES
We have been really positively surprised to see how well the retirement system has been received. However, we never intended people to go through a full retirement cycle as fast as we can see some of you are doing right now (as low as 4 hours). Our intent is that leveling a character to retirement level should take much, much longer. We have right now made a bunch of fixes to the existing system, but with update 19 you should be expecting a much bigger change to the system of Retirement and XP's. Consider yourself warned :-)

Prevent Giving Retirement Rank if you have 0 XP
Prevent multiple clicks on retire character in the UI
Retirement assignments mission rewards removed
Triple XP is now Double XP

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Fixed issue with Discord Party id's and preventing invite button to work in some cases
Fixed crash when failing Salvage mission during fuel pod stage
Fix for damage indicator could get stuck on the screen
Fixed some minor issues in Magma Quake
Graphics Settings: Disabling fullscreen restore to prevent mouse issue and not being able to click continue into the game
Fix case of clients cant load on join
Fix scout IFG slowdown, was incorrectly set to only 30% slowdown, reset to 75%
Lootbug drop nerfed. Used to drop 15-25 value gold and Nitra - now drops 5-15.
Fixed Eliminations mission not always spawning enough cocoons. Dreadnought cocoon now carves a space for itself and has less strict spawn requirements
Fix for cursor disappearing on campaign reward window.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I really want to get this, but I reeeeeally want this to be on sale first. With my luck, I'll buy it and then it goes on some kind of sale :saddowns:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh hey, this thread still exists. The Weapon Beta is here and its a doozy.

Decentish video showing off and detailing stuff like the cryogun and how guns could be modded to your personal tastes.

quote:

--- PATCH NOTES ---

8 NEW WEAPONS
----------------------------
DRG is happy to inform you that we’ve expanded on our list of suppliers, and a new, larger catalog of armaments has been made available! In order to obtain licenses for the new gear, you will need to complete Weapon Assignments. When a license has been obtained, you will be allowed to purchase access to the weapon in question. The following new weapons are now available:

NEW WEAPONS: GUNNER
"THUNDERHEAD" HEAVY AUTOCANNON: A peculiar but devastating weapon. The slow rate of fire is made up for by heavy damage, delivered with glee by the belt-fed .50-caliber tungsten rounds. The Thunderhead is a somber weapon for the sophisticated executioner, delivering death as inexorably as the passage of time itself.

BRT7 BURST FIRE GUN: More precise than an SMG, with the stopping power of a small shotgun, the BRT (or "Burt", as it's sometimes called) is highly prized among collectors and connoisseurs alike.

NEW WEAPONS: SCOUT
M1000 BOLT-ACTION CLASSIC: The original design for the M1000-pattern DRG-issue precision rifle goes back hundreds of years, practically unchanged. High damage, respectable fire rate...and that "Ping". A prime example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

ZHUKOV NUK17: Never sophisticated, but never disappointing either. The NUK family of twinned micro SMGs has a long and treasured track record, yet Those In The Know generally agree that the 17 is among the very best.

NEW WEAPONS: ENGINEER
"STUBBY" VOLTAIC SMG: So what's better than an SMG? An SMG that fires ELECTRIC BULLETS! The boys in R&D have wired a prototype ArcGen into the guts of this trusty Subata 312, meaning it now unleashes a storm of electrified DEATH! Word of warning: Keep away from water.

BREACH CUTTER: The Breach Cutter releases directional blasts of sonically-charged plasma powerful enough to deal with most any alien in your path. Originally a mining tool, it's now been frequency-tuned to crack open flesh and bone rather than the sediment deposits it was designed for - often with quite spectacular results!

NEW WEAPONS: DRILLER

CRYO CANNON: Mad geniuses have tried perfecting this implement for as long as anyone can remember, but our lads at R&D seem to have perfected it! Handily portable (for a dwarf, anyway), it does exactly what you think: It's a friggin' freeze ray. Let 'em have it.

EXPERIMENTAL PLASMA CHARGER: Bullets are so last year. Instead, why not incinerate your enemies from the inside out with a highly experimental anti-matter-powered gun firing supercharged plasma bolts? What's the worst that could happen? (If you find out, please report to R&D).

NEW WEAPON MODS SYSTEM
The Weapon Upgrade System has been scrapped in favor of a brand new Weapon Modification System, and each weapon can now be customized and tweaked to your individual tastes! More than 200 new Weapon Mods have been introduced, a lot of them consisting of entirely new features. For example, “Blow-through” is now a thing - fire bullets straight through an enemy to hit enemies behind it! Or how about “Fear” - send enemies into a fleeing panic by sheer brunt of your firepower!

For this round of upgrades, the new system has been implemented for all new and old weapons, but it is not yet implemented on tools, grenades, and armors. This will happen with future updates.

Also, no more static still-pictures of gear on the upgrade screen - we’ve finally gotten a proper and rotatable 3D model viewer implemented!

REPRICING OF VANITY AND WEAPON MODS
All vanity items and weapon upgrades have been repriced! You’ll keep any vanity items already unlocked. All weapon upgrades have been refunded, leaving you open to explore the new system at leisure.

PROMOTION (FKA RETIREMENT)
The Retirement system has received a fairly significant overhaul. The changes are as follows:

- “Retirement” has been rephrased to “Promotion” instead.
- The level cap for each dwarf has been raised from 20 to 25.
- The last mission in a Promotion Qualification Assignment is no longer a forced solo mission
- Promoting your dwarf no longer takes any progress away from you! Yes, you read correctly - all weapon upgrades carry over! The only thing that resets is your character’s level.
- You still have to clear your debt to DRG before getting a promotion
- Titles for player ranks have been extended to player rank 75 and a lot of new titles have been added.

GUNNER: SHIELD GENERATOR
The Gunner has swapped his DET PACK for a SHIELD GENERATOR. It creates a force field that keeps the bugs at bay and protects everyone inside it. We got a quick comment from the gunner: “To be honest, sharing gear with Drill-boy ain’t for me, so I called in a favor with the eggheads up in R&D to make me something special - and they came back with a friggin’ Shield Generator! Now I can safely stand my ground while killing bugs galore! Good times!”

EGGHUNT TWEAK
Digging an egg free in Egghunts now has a chance of spawning a group of angry bugs. The number of eggs you need to collect have been increased a bit.

BEER BUFFS
TODAY’S SPECIAL: A Randomly chosen buffed beer will be available for purchase each “day” (it updates when the mission map gets new missions). Also, the buffs are actually working now! :-)

TERRAIN SCANNER ALIGNMENT
With the Terrain Scanner active, hit [SPACE] / (X) to spin your character around to face in the direction of the map.

SPECIAL WAVES
Once in a while you can now run into pure waves of Praetorians, Macteras, Glyphid Warriors or Swarmers. Whether these waves are harder or easier than normal waves is for you to figure out.

ENEMY TWEAKS
- NEW ENEMY - THE GLYPHID VETERAN WARRIOR: The Veteran has 50% more health and much stronger armor than a normal Glyphid Warrior.
- Glyphid Praetorians have been to the gym! Their health has been buffed by 50% and they’re less susceptible to being shot in the head than before - getting behind them and shooting them in their big fat butts is now much more important.
- Sound has been added to Exploder footsteps. Listen carefully and you can hear them sneak up upon you!
- Removed fire particle effect when other enemies are hit by the Praetorians Acid Spray.
It was not supposed to be there and was causing a significant frame drop.
- Tweaked the number of enemies spawning for 2-player games down a bit for Hazard 2 and 3.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Hints on the loading screen have been updated with 3 new hints for Milestones and Perks, The Terrain Scanner and Mision Mutators.
- Added some more motivational quotes for screens in Space rig.
- Bosco now determines the angle of which to dig tunnels in dirt from the players face, rather than their feet, to the point they pointed at. This should result in more expected results, especially when standing close to the dirt
- Damage multipliers on Physical materials changed to be on the physical material
- When someone late-joins your game, there is a grace period where their friendly fire is reduced so they deal significantly less damage to you and your teammates.
- Fixed Abyss Bar menu not closing correctly when pressing ESC
- Changed Acid symbol to Biohazard / Poison symbol.
- Better flare overdraw prevention
- Flares now cast shadows!
- Grenade Launcher grenades are much more visible while in the air.
- Purchase Item UI now show all required resources
- Heat cooldown on Minigun tweaked
- Blowfly should now rotate correctly when shooting
- Fixed a bug that caused Bosco to abort his light task as soon as there were any enemies near the player
- Made Praetorians burn a bit later
- Memorial screen no longer stacks up names to spawn and spams them all at once if framerate is low

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 25, 2018

isndl
May 2, 2012
I launched the game only to discover it's in beta and not live yet. :sigh:

Looks like no fix for someone hot-joining and getting stuck inside you if you happened to be standing still digging or whatever though.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

isndl posted:

I launched the game only to discover it's in beta and not live yet. :sigh:

Looks like no fix for someone hot-joining and getting stuck inside you if you happened to be standing still digging or whatever though.

drop a satchel charge at your feet.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I do love this game. A group of talkative jerks panicking in the tunnels while shouting ROCK AND STONE at each other is a blast.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

drop a satchel charge at your feet.

*whacks sentry gun furiously*

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:siren: Weapon update is live. :siren:

The new weapons are unlocked via assignments.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

quote:

GUNNER: SHIELD GENERATOR
The Gunner has swapped his DET PACK for a SHIELD GENERATOR. It creates a force field that keeps the bugs at bay and protects everyone inside it. We got a quick comment from the gunner: “To be honest, sharing gear with Drill-boy ain’t for me, so I called in a favor with the eggheads up in R&D to make me something special - and they came back with a friggin’ Shield Generator! Now I can safely stand my ground while killing bugs galore! Good times!”

how dare they make me update the op like this

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats a cool device

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They seriously want to have team members be useful in their own ways and I think they could go further by retooling some of the perks into powers that are available for single players, but buffed when more dwarves either share the same perk or are just in a team. Like sweet tooth should be a small heal for everyone in the team when you eat some red sugar.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've retooled and set up the old Payday 2 Goons discord for general goon co-op game coverage, and I've just set up a dedicated Deep Rock Galactic channel.

https://discord.gg/vSNn4Sk

I'm adding material now, please let me know if there are any other specific server resources folks are looking for and we'll add them. Kith, I'd be grateful if you'd add this to the OP.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 29, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Losing C4 is a big deal for the default gunner kit but the shield keeps bugs out. The gunner doesn't have a problem vs projectile enemies so I don't know why it was given to them other than making dreads less of a joke but nevertheless it's good for clutch revives.

I might do a roundup of the gun upgrades if anyone is interested. You'll probably need +400k credits and several thousand mats to access the new upgrades on the basic weapons and experiment with the gimmick upgrades on the new ones, if you play all of the classes, that is. :v:

If there was ever a must-have, you could do a lot worse than beeline for the autocannon. I was sceptical it'd make it to live in its state, yikes.

It can one shot exploders + swarmers and two shot webspinners. It does splash damage. Mactera drop like flies from the explosive damage.
The accuracy upgrade allows it to snipe enemies across the map without wasting minigun or revolver ammo. It can blow the armour off praetorians so you can snipe their abdomen from the front.

The suppressive fire upgrade cause enemies to flee like the field medic effect. Firing a few rounds will give wounded teammates breathing space or time to focus on doing crits. That's 110 rounds of crowd control in a mag. I can only battlefield supports wish they had tangible, useful suppression like the autocannon does.
The DPS is lower than a minigun with target penetration but a magazine will last longer than a pubbie scout. And the autocannon doesn't need a resupply in a 20 minute map with the ammo capacity upgrade (not an exaggeration).

Crabtree posted:

They seriously want to have team members be useful in their own ways and I think they could go further by retooling some of the perks into powers that are available for single players, but buffed when more dwarves either share the same perk or are just in a team. Like sweet tooth should be a small heal for everyone in the team when you eat some red sugar.

Gambler or Maniac in DRG would be neat. I'd certainly do terrible things for Infiltrator.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
THE DRILLER PISTOL IS NO LONGER poo poo. Its power comes from the mod that applies like 75% damage to "squishy bits" on bugs making it perfect for a trick shot gun. Mouth shots and especially hitting the bigger boys in their glowing butts gives you a sizable amount of damage and warriors can die in like 2-3 good hits.

It kind of makes Dreadnoughts go down a lot easier, although the different swarm types and the swarms itself are the real danger now. You could get a swarm of just small spiders to just Pratoreans and warriors.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 29, 2018

isndl
May 2, 2012

Crabtree posted:

THE DRILLER PISTOL IS NO LONGER poo poo. Its power comes from the mod that applies like 75% damage to "squishy bits" on bugs making it perfect for a trick shot gun. Mouth shots and especially hitting the bigger boys in their glowing butts gives you a sizable amount of damage and warriors can die in like 2-3 good hits.

It kind of makes Dreadnoughts go down a lot easier, although the different swarm types and the swarms itself are the real danger now. You could get a swarm of just small spiders to just Pratoreans and warriors.

I actually kinda liked the Driller pistol because it had a fat ammo pool, makes it nice and spammable (two shots to trigger an Exploder, 3-4 to kill a Warrior if you're aiming at the mouth, less wastage when trying to hit Mactera that keep dodging). Made Driller a very nice all-round class that could handle anything short of a Dreadnought by himself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They kind of nerfed down most of the guns to make room for the power that could be brought in by mods, but Driller Pistol just got the PD2 loco treatment. It can have a bigger ammo pool, slightly more damage, faster reload and the 75% damage to weakpoints all at once.

The old incinerator was a nice wall of flame, but that's been reduced without the mod to extend its time for things like extra burn damage, slowing enemies if they're burned, less time for them to have a burning status and the ability to make the bugs panic and run away if they're lit on fire. And I haven't even touched his Plasma Pistol that can basically become a grenade launcher that kills enemies before the pulse bomb even drops and his Cryo Gun.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 29, 2018

isndl
May 2, 2012
Unlocked the new .50 cal for Gunner and it has a tendency to kill yourself when getting swarmed. Don't forget the explosive rounds, y'all.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Discendo Vox posted:

I've retooled and set up the old Payday 2 Goons discord for general goon co-op game coverage, and I've just set up a dedicated Deep Rock Galactic channel.

https://discord.gg/vSNn4Sk

I'm adding material now, please let me know if there are any other specific server resources folks are looking for and we'll add them. Kith, I'd be grateful if you'd add this to the OP.

:hai:

Crabtree posted:

THE DRILLER PISTOL IS NO LONGER poo poo.

The Subata was always good, though. What it lacked in damage, it made up for in enormous stacks of ammo.

Kith fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 30, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

isndl posted:

I actually kinda liked the Driller pistol because it had a fat ammo pool, makes it nice and spammable (two shots to trigger an Exploder, 3-4 to kill a Warrior if you're aiming at the mouth, less wastage when trying to hit Mactera that keep dodging). Made Driller a very nice all-round class that could handle anything short of a Dreadnought by himself.

I started as a engy main but now I've spent most of my playtime as driller, it can handle everything, including minerals in the ceiling. That and most pubbies don't know how to use the flamethrower properly. Short bursts of flame and shooting the ground instead of enemies is the key to conserving ammo, you can easily sit out resupplies if necessary.

The sticky napalm upgrades are key. The base flamethrower is probably the most nerfed primary of the patch, you have to buyback fast ignite on direct stream and residual napalm as upgrades, the latter is more important but losing the former means spraying more fuel on mactera.

isndl posted:

Unlocked the new .50 cal for Gunner and it has a tendency to kill yourself when getting swarmed. Don't forget the explosive rounds, y'all.

Jump around. Jump up and get down. :unsmigghh: You have reactive armour (not sure if it's bugged currently), splashing yourself is like being tickled by a driller's flamethrower, the friendly fire is minimal.

Even with increased health, the praetorian squad spawns are a cinch with the autocannon. A few direct hits and their frontal armour is toast, making them easy prey with the bulldog even if you don't spec the autocannon for stagger or flee.

If you thought the subata was bad (it's not), the plasma pistol might be more to your tastes. The damage baseline is much higher and while it has travel time, it's perfectly accurate and capable of continuous fire. If it wasn't for the charged shot or no reloads, I'd rather use a 220/300 ammo Subata over the halo pistol.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 30, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

400k credits for upgrades was too optimistic, it might be closer to 600k.

Plasma pistol shock rifle combo upgrade is a little underwhelming. :ocelot: is neat but it doesn't home onto enemies as far as I can tell. The first upgrade tier is seriously competitive, all three choices are viable.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 30, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm learning how to use the Plasma pistol's 5th tier mod, the one that kills enemies in proxmity to a charged shot and its only draw back is learning how far its area of affect is. Land a ball like right behind a Pretorean or a Dreadnaught it hits as hard, if not harder than a good grenade launcher shell. And then if the plasma ball goes off next to it does a little more damage.

The scout's bolt action rifle is a wonderful little gun that can basically become a sniper rilfe when you hold your shot to aim. It kills veteran warriors in one shot down the mouth/in the head and can do some decent weak point extra damage shelling. With a good shot it also one hit kills Mactera spitters and globbers. Haven't tried it on a grabber though.They're kind of rare what with there being no bonuses or spawn mutators when you do assignments to get the license to buy the gun, apparently.

But yeah, these guns and mods are pricey, and you'll be needing a lot. A LOT. Of Croppa.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 30, 2018

isndl
May 2, 2012
I'm not sure if it's because of a mod I chose or what but my Engineer's grenade launcher ricochets now and it's impossible to tell what angle it's going to bounce at. :confuoot: The new electric SMG for him seems like it could be promising but I'm going to have to gently caress around with the mods on it some more.

Driller Cryogun is... okay? It's very much a tandem weapon, freeze dudes then hit them with something else to shatter and confirm the kill (if you don't they'll thaw out). Pairs nicely with Vampire to get extra HP. Not so great and cleaning up Swarmlings fast. Not sure which one I prefer yet. Can freeze teammates.

I am also desperately short on Croppa and can't even afford to buy some guns I've unlocked now. :negative:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The cryogun is good with a nice explosive weapon that can shatter everything that's iced over, making it a drat good partner for a nade, an engie, hell maybe even a driller's plasma pistol charged up or a satchel charge set up ahead of time.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Just got this a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying it a lot, game in its current state feels quite nicely polished, and I really like how you can manipulate the environment to your advantage.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

The Flying Nightmare upgrade was nerfed but remains the best choice by a country mile; explode on hit has a smaller AoE than flying nightmare which is utterly bizarre and doesn't appear to do extra damage.

The autocannon accuracy upgrade seems to be busted post-hotfix. The minigun's Cold as the Grave sets your heat level to 50% after the first kill but works as intended on following kills. Critical Overheat is a dud, as are the flamer/cryo radiance upgrades without any indicators in the appropriate biomes.

It's not all bugs, stacking the scout's AR +speed on kill and akimbo machinepistol +speed on empty mags sets your speed to super sanic speeds, you can jump across large rooms with both buffs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
New Experimental Upgrade in the pipe including BOSCO MODS.

quote:

There is a new experimental build ready for you!

Here are the headlines!

BOSCO MODS
Do you need Bosco to be a Medi Drone or a Killing Machine? Now it is all up to you!

Similarly to weapons, Bosco has access to mods that can be bought and equipped. These mods will let you customize the drone using some of the existing parameters like for example number of revives or weapon damage, but we are also introducing a special secondary fire. Once the mod is active, the player can point with the Terrain Scanner and press [RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON] or (LEFT TRIGGER) and Bosco will fire a rocket at the target.

MEDIBAY 1.0
When you and your teammates fail a mission, you will afterwards wake up in the Medibay. Fight Together, Fail Together!

REVAMPED WEAPON MODELS
All the old weapon have been getting a graphical overhaul and should be on par with the new ones. For those who think looks are more important than substance!

X-MAS IN SPACE
We couldn’t help our self and had to dress up the Space rig for the holidays. You can also buy a limited headgear and play Santa with your friends. Please don’t destroy the decoration!

MINERAL TRADE TERMINAL ASSIGNMENT
On order from Management new recruits no longer have direct access to the Mineral Trade Terminal. Access is now granted by proving yourself worthy on completing an assignment! Besides getting access to the Trade Terminal, players will be rewarded with 50 Croppa and 40 Jadiz upon completion.

SAVEGAME RESTORE OPTION
You can now restore your savegame from the Options Menu. This is just extra safety measures in the unlikely event that you should lose your save data. Management refuses this has ever happened though!

WEAPON BALANCING: "WARTHOG" AUTO 210
- Base damage increased.
- Supercharged Feed Mechanism mod rate of fire reduced, Bigger Pellets mod damage increased
- Base damage increased. Supercharged Feed Mechanism mod rate of fire reduced.
- Bigger Pellets mod damage increased
- Base reload time reduced from 2.3 to 2.0

WEAPON BALANCING: CRSPR FLAMETHROWER
- Tweaked Flamethrower Sticky Flames upgrades to be better balanced against direct burning of targets.

OTHER WEAPON FIXES
- Killing enemies with sticky flame and setting them on fire should now correctly reward a kill
- Fix sawed-off shotgun would always auto reload even if you did not have the perk equipped
- Fix dual pistol animation in loadout terminal
- New weapon sounds added
- Added new Mission control speaks for all weapon and promotion assignments
- Updated Weapon icons: Combat Shotgun, Pistol, Revolver
- Fixed m1000 does not reset zoom if reloading with full clip
- Fixed Dual Pistols fire animation could get stuck after revive
- Fixed Burst fire pistol would keep firing if changing weapons during a burst
- “Stagger” has been renamed to “Stun” since it caused some confusion.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Removed flickering monitors from mission select
- Fixed Accessory Yes/No popup not responding to controller shortcuts
- Fixed Space Rig UI issue when changing character
- Improved late join flow - you can now select your character before the level loads and a - back button has been added.
- Fix crash related to walking on ice.
- Fix join in progress crash
- Fix late-join crash
- Fix crash related to freezing
- Fix crash when joining game
- Fix magma maggot not doing any damage
- Fixed Lava geyser doing 0 damage on explode
- Dreadnought can spawn more enemies
- Fix Jittery Revive for clients
- Improve Spawning on enemies feedback
- Improve exploder logic when about to explode and you headshot or freeze it.
- Fix some enemies can catch fire if they walk upon the mining platform in point extraction
- Fix Air and Lava geyser bubbling sound staying around after getting destroyed
- Kick animation added to third person characters. Barrel kicking has never been more realistic!

THIS IS PATCH NOTES FOR THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD, NOT THE MAIN GAME

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Patch is now live, time to destroy Christmas.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gently caress yeah bosco

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

The new models look very neat, I'm not sold on the new turret or drill sound though.

Shotgun got buffed a fair bit, about a third more damage, not sure what that does for shots to kill. They should tweak the flamer too because it's significantly weaker for a new player than it was pre-weapon patch when you lost upgrades on promotion.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 18, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I think they rebuffed a little of the Plasma Pistol's Long Range damage radius back. But Bosco's mods now make it very viable to solo run, including his turbo mining just digging up wall minerals like nobody's business and his re-spawning missiles that can have various effects.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I never liked using Bosco for mining because he doesn't mine cleanly and sometimes the minerals get stuck on the shelf he just made. I prefer just using him as a turret with infinite ammo instead. :shrug:

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

I joined an egg hunt where three swarms spawned within four minutes. Mactera, swarmers and warriors were spawning before the previous wave or the egg trigger spawns were finished. I punched the hell out of the droppod button, as much as it is sick doing monster kills every shot with the plasma pistol, it was not worth sticking around for the optional objective.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

My steam review is top of the monthly list. :toot: It doesn't count for much other than a sign some people have taken noticed of DRG and maybe bought it during the sale.

I wasn't fully sold on the cryo gun but after conclusively trying every upgrade combo and finding the flamer is still terrible compared to old version, it's better overall and makes no shield missions a cinch with vampire.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I wish the flamethrower wasn't so underwhelming now. It was my favorite weapon, once upon a time.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The zipline gun in this game is a goddamn revelation in game design. I can't go back to other classes, they don't have a dumb gun that makes ropeways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012

Fans posted:

The zipline gun in this game is a goddamn revelation in game design. I can't go back to other classes, they don't have a dumb gun that makes ropeways.

Scout makes his personal ziplines that don't have elevation restrictions though. Feel free to leap down the megashaft and pull yourself to the bottom!

Vents will also gently caress your zipline right up, and you won't know until you're falling.