Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
my iphone keeps deciding that the folder it should suggest moving every message to is "outbox"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

my iPhone keeps making my posts bad

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my iphone is eXcellet so i glide through posts like god amongst men

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

unless i need to type its instead of it's

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my iphone is eXcellet so i glide through posts like god amongst men

hail timb

inventor of the phablet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

hail timb

inventor of the phablet

5" hardly a phablet. still comfortable one hand range for me

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

5" hardly a phablet. still comfortable one hand range for me

hail cinci

freakish spider finger thing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

hail cinci

freakish spider finger thing

eh just tall dude hands

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

unless i need to type its instead of it's

do you actually use the iphone keyboard for anything but pw form entry? swiftkey knows how i type and adjusts accordingly

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

do you actually use the iphone keyboard for anything but pw form entry? swiftkey knows how i type and adjusts accordingly

yes, it’s generally needs suiting so i haven’t bothered looking at third party keyboards

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

infernal machines posted:

really it's more like triple rammed when you look at the price

....mom???

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
keyboards that don't swipe just make me think of people who hunt and peck now

but hey, needs suited are needs suited this isn't some kind of silly place to argue about operating systems and methods of input and their relative inferiority

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

keyboards that don't swipe just make me think of people who hunt and peck now

but hey, needs suited are needs suited this isn't some kind of silly place to argue about operating systems and methods of input and their relative inferiority

do you swipe on your physical keyboard too?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

as far as im concerned itunes still has the best ui for managing a local library. yes its clunky and bloated and the ui is actually not very good, but what are u going to use to manage 25,000+ songs, foobar? vlc?

Foobar2000 is the light. Itunes is haram.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I loving hate that new Apple advert

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

I loving hate that new Apple advert

its really bad and ugly

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

SO DEMANDING posted:

its really bad and ugly

let me know what you think of the advert after you switch your monitor on and watch it lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oh hey it’s some cask-strength pissflaps

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

oh hey it’s some cask-strength pissflaps

i have been thoroughly owned

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do you swipe on your physical keyboard too?

looks like someone's not looking forward to the new macbooks

more importantly, can you use your phone to touch type?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lambert posted:

Foobar2000 is the light. Itunes is haram.
may i interest u in cutting edge operating system, templeOS

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my phone keeps trying to autocorrect words to the name of a company I interviewed at over a year ago. I’ve tried resetting the keyboard dictionary but it somehow won’t let me forget that I failed the on site

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

on the other hand I just got one of those giant new iPads and it’s drat fine in a very obnoxious sort of way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

looks like someone's not looking forward to the new macbooks

more importantly, can you use your phone to touch type?

yes I can blind type on my phone comfortably

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

my iphone keeps deciding that the folder it should suggest moving every message to is "outbox"

what is the point of the outbox exactly?

like it had a purpose back in dial-up internet days i guess but i've not seen an email persist in the outbox for more than like 1 second in a long time. a long time.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I installed Mojave on an older MacBook Pro and the screensaver doesn’t work. Won’t come on. Don’t know how to fix it, but I imagine it involves register entries.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

like it had a purpose back in dial-up internet days i guess but i've not seen an email persist in the outbox for more than like 1 second in a long time. a long time.

queues them up to send later if youre without a network connection

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

mail's gotta go somewhere between draft and sent

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yes I can blind type on my phone comfortably

i guess the default keyboard may be better for this but my text so spoopy when i swipe

i mean sloppy but i Luke that

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

its really bad and ugly

much like your uncle

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

codes there and not hurting anything. plus there’s a guy in Alaska who only gets internet 3 hours a day when the satellites above the horizon and he’ll bitch on twitter if you remove the outbox

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

it’s also real handy for me. between outlook fuckups, vpn fuckups, and exchange fuckups, I have an outgoing mail queued for an hour a week on average

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Last Chance posted:

queues them up to send later if youre without a network connection
also if theres some weird fuckup between the client and the server (password tomfoolery, exceeded storage quota, etc) - its a place for the mail to sit unsent whilst awaiting the resolution of the problem

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

I don’t use third party keyboards because I don’t want everything I type getting sent off to Google or whoever (or Microsoft in the case of SwiftKey)

And yes, I know third party keyboards dont have network access etc by default, but that doesnt stop every one of them and their accompanying app from asking for it. SwiftKey also wants me to let it sign in to all social media accounts to "learn my writing style"

Yeah, how about gently caress no.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Doc Block posted:

I don’t use third party keyboards because I don’t want everything I type getting sent off to Google or whoever (or Microsoft in the case of SwiftKey)

And yes, I know third party keyboards dont have network access etc by default, but that doesnt stop every one of them and their accompanying app from asking for it. SwiftKey also wants me to let it sign in to all social media accounts to "learn my writing style"

fair point

tappa tappa tappa though

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i can nearly touch type with the ios keyboard, tho v:shobon:v

it's not like tapping on the screen is a big deal

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Doc Block posted:

i can nearly touch type with the ios keyboard, tho v:shobon:v

it's not like tapping on the screen is a big deal

no it's not

it feels snappier with most words though

they just become gestures with a pretty big margin of error

and then this to correct for user lazy

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Swipe keyboards are annoying, there's always that one word they don't like to write. Also, tapping with two thumbs is way faster.

Swiping keyboards are for grandma.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Doc Block posted:

i would easily send my typing off to microsoft if they would just port the excellent wp keyboard on other os's instead of this swiftkey crap

not least granted the wp keyboard was backed by way better dictionaries, but it was a better typing experience too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
new macbook air keyboard is nice