Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squidtarts
May 26, 2005

I think women are intimidated by me because I have mean cartoon eyebrows.
I'm pretty sure Kelly Doty confirmed that they do wardrobe for you on the forums somewhere. And the guy who won last season said they made him be vest guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

squidtarts posted:

I'm pretty sure Kelly Doty confirmed that they do wardrobe for you on the forums somewhere. And the guy who won last season said they made him be vest guy.

That would explain why Ryan suddenly started wearing non crimson stuff on Angels lol

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006
Yea vest guy from last season said on Instagram that they dressed him like that

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

squidtarts posted:

I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed that it means Jimmy probably doesn't willingly dress like a train conductor in his day to day life.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What's the real time on a season of the show? Are they pretty much going every day until it's done, but pretending it's a new week?

I always laugh at when Dave says "today we're testing _____" and then it's a cut to the group throwing their hands up like gently caress this, like it's not expected you know how to draw lines.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

What's the real time on a season of the show? Are they pretty much going every day until it's done, but pretending it's a new week?

I always laugh at when Dave says "today we're testing _____" and then it's a cut to the group throwing their hands up like gently caress this, like it's not expected you know how to draw lines.

I bet its more like 2-3 days per ep, with the flash challenges at some warehouse or dockyard taking up most of a day and then the elimination tattoo the next day.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the competitors say something like 'I stayed up all night studying X tattoo style'

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Cleen's also stated that they're the ones who made him wifebeater guy. It's why literally every single other photo of him outside of Ink Master related stuff has him wearing stuff with sleeves.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

So did they not have an episode this week...because of the election?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah, no episode last week. It'll be back this week.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
How much longer can Amanda skate by on being the only female. She has no skill and her art is like Jr. high doodles. Also Tony should have won tattoo of the week. His goggles were way better than anything else.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

wormil posted:

How much longer can Amanda skate by on being the only female. She has no skill and her art is like Jr. high doodles. Also Tony should have won tattoo of the week. His goggles were way better than anything else.

Yeah this was her week to go. Barely a reflection, bad anatomy on the hand, and the creature wasn't even that gnarly. Turk's was very muddy, but on detail day, it had the most detail.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Yeah I was surprised Turk went home for this. It was a bad tattoo but the others were worse. Amanda’s had no reflection and Tim’s didn’t line up plus GREEN CAT! How does green cat get to stay?

But this episode cemented why Cleen should win. He flat out told Turk not to put all that crazy stuff in and he was right. Meanwhile Tim asked for help and Christian blew him off and then said he won’t help with color selection. Why are you a coach if you don’t wanna coach? I agree that you are not an ink master if you decide on green cat but just help the guy out instead of letting someone leave with a green cat.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was a dumb color choice but that loving goblin and jacked hand was bad she should have left like 3 episodes ago. She needs to bake in the tattoo artist oven for a while.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I did feel like they were underestimating the difficulty of a hand holding a reflective crystal ball. That’s not an easy drawing, which she proved.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

wormil posted:

Tony's tattoo was cool and not a bad tattoo by any stretch but tbh there were a lot of circles that weren't totally round and a lot of other lines that were wobblier than they should be at this stage. I think he got saved from harsher scrutiny by having a good idea up against bad ideas badly executed in Amanda and Tim's tattoos.

I thought for sure Amanda was gone and I really don't buy turks tattoo being the worst out of those three. I think if his colors were better saturated he would have stayed but they are sick of him doing tattoos that look like they've been in the sun for three years.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I think Christian's putting all his eggs in TeeJ's basket at this point. It's unlikely that he'll have all three artists in the finale, unless Tiffer has a total meltdown. Tim can't do color, Amanda can't do design, and Chris is getting more and more heated as it goes on.

Tiffer, Tony, and TeeJ seems like the safe finale trio at this point.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s been Tiffer and Tony for a long time now.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Amanda seems like she has a lot of raw talent but needs seasoning. Like if she was on in a couple seasons she'd be a ringer. I hope her career goes good places after the show.

But yeah Christian seems to have really bungled protecting his strong players.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’re dumb Christian, you should have been fighting harder for Chris cause Amanda isn’t going the distance for you.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Invalid Validation posted:

You’re dumb Christian, you should have been fighting harder for Chris cause Amanda isn’t going the distance for you.

Cleen also should have been fighting for Chris because he is tearing their team apart from the inside.

This episode was great for the drama. Not so great for the tattoos.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fru Fru posted:

Cleen also should have been fighting for Chris because he is tearing their team apart from the inside.

This episode was great for the drama. Not so great for the tattoos.

Which is hilarious considering there were so many of them and it seemed like they only each did one daily. 11 tattoos between 8 people over 3 days. :wtc:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I like how Chris says he was kicked out of his shop and doesn't understand why. Dude is toxic as heck judging from his behavior there.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I like how he went from telling the team he assumed none of them trusted him in the first place to complaining that they stabbed him in the back.

Amanda didn't hit realism, but after that display, not too broken up about Chris leaving.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
When Amanda said she had no education or formal training I wasn't surprised. Take the money and go to school.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How many checker print shirts do you own Tiffer?

How many?!

I know we've discussed they have wardrobe people, but jeez.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LadyPictureShow posted:

How many?!

People from Maryland are VERY PROUD of their states flag GOD DAMMIT
-some inkmaster pa probably

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I really like Tims shirts this season.

That orange slice shirt is awesome and I want it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LadyPictureShow posted:

How many?!

Three weeks back when they did the waterproof concrete invisible image flash challenge some fans apparently freaked out when they noticed that Tiffer wasn't wearing a checkered top (because everyone had to wear Duluth Trading Co apparel waterproof clothing) so Tiffer issued an apology on Twitter :v:

https://twitter.com/TifferWright/status/1062748330705457152

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Has he gone triple checker shirt in previous episodes? (Flash challenge/talking to camera/elimination)

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Their weekly challenges are more fun than the tattoos. That crayon thing was cool.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Flash challenges are everything. You get manufactured team drama, decent art, creative concepts, and even more manufactured drama for the skull picks. They pretty much have to. Thank god.

Speaking of skull picks though, I'm surprised (ugh, should I be?) that they'll grill people with rib tattoos and commitment to placement but aren't shown thinking about the personalities. I'm no tattooist but I'd think I'd be able to sniff out an easy thigh tattoo who will start crying and quivering ten minutes in.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Tony probably had the worst tattoo, but Amanda deserved to go home weeks ago. Tim is the sleeper, and I'm now starting to think Christian will have two people in the finale.

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
Makes sense. That way, the inevitable Cleen victory will be when he is an underdog.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Who wants to bet that a SABOTAGE is about as useful as CALLING A SHOT

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Propaganda Machine posted:

Who wants to bet that a SABOTAGE is about as useful as CALLING A SHOT

It would be hilarious if they really did get to genuinely sabotage the other coach somehow, like throwing in dumb rules like "Only allowed to apply ink if 'Cotton Eyed-Joe' by Rednex is being played on repeat at 100 decibels" but I'm not holding out much hope :shrug:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The sabotage will be like a French mime or some poo poo

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

If it's anything other than style/subject/placement, I'll be surprised.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Invite Alton Brown on to do some Cutthroat Kitchen style sabotages.

Can only tattoo while walking on a treadmill.

All your inks are frozen in a block of ice or in a capsule machine

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s a good finale I think. Sure Tony isn’t gonna win but it’s a toss up between Teej and Tiffer. Even Tony will probably bring something unlike last season where it was the Josh show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Just once at the start of the show when Dave is explaining what the next challenge is going to be and all the contestants are muttering to each other and saying "That's what I'm talking about!" and stuff like that I'd like him to go "Hey, can you not talk over me when I'm explaining the rules? That's really rude."

Dude's just tryin' to work. C'mon now.

I'm aware that they likely make everyone sit through Dave's talk and then they reset the cameras and make people pretend to react like they're just listening to it, probably doing several takes before they get a good one. It's still rude. :mad: