Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rio
Mar 20, 2008

Last month's theme was Unfortunate Circumstances. My daughter got a kitten at her mom's house so I decided to poach the previous month's contest theme and put it in last month's contest because of his Cone of Shame after getting fixed.

Untitled by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

For some reason, this photo won so I am now in control of this month's theme. Due to me not having realized I won, I am posting this late and might extend the submissions a couple days if it looks like people need more time (let me know).

This month's theme is SHAPES. I figured it is time to get really pretentious with a theme that someone has almost definitely chosen before so shoot high. Try to get your entries in by the end of the month but as "artists" I'm sure procrastination is part of the process for many of us.

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. Note that you can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. EST after which voting will begin.
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use your best judgement/good taste when venturing into territory.
7. When voting, please deploy the spoiler tag.

I or SoundMonkey reserve the right to change the rules in case I missed something really oblivious that probably won't affect everyone.

Winner picks the next theme, and makes the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
OI000018 by Cody P, on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
IMG_20181122_0028 by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Hail Satan!

IMG_2374.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

What is this?! Looks smokey and intriguing.

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

Pooper Trooper fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 27, 2018

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Arches National Park by Connor West, on Flickr

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
squareface dot com by ms, on Flickr

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 1, 2018

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005

formas by plicat, on Flickr

KilroyWasHere fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 2, 2018

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I vote for KilroyWasHere

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I wanted to wait a few extra days before voting starts because I started the month late but now’s a good time to start voting so cast your votes. I’ll tally them up before I go to bed tonight (which will be late and should give us almost 24 hours of voting).

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
Pooper            Trooper

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I vote for Kilroy, I love those lights

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
kilroy. Has a really cool, surreal quality.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
spaced godddddddd

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

qirex

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
Helen Highwater

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
Spaced

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
pooper trooper

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

KilroyWasHere

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Looks like Kilroy has won the most votes - congrats! You are now in charge of the December contest. Thanks to everyone for your entries.

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
Oh geez, thanks! New thread is up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

jvick posted:

What is this?! Looks smokey and intriguing.

poo poo, I forgot to answer this.

It's a thingy that blows carbon dioxide or something before basketball games. I don't have a wider photo

• Locked thread