Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I wouldn't have any issue if that was how she had always been, but it feel like it makes black the most dominant color which seems off. That said, I'm not sure what other color they could have used that wouldn't have felt weirder. Maybe flipping the tails on her dress to white might be enough to offset it?

No, the tails are meant to be a consistent element with Pyra's design. All that really needs to be done is make the leggings white instead and give them the same vertical lines as her dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They could've just made the skirt longer

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

My thoughts in order
1. It's better than the original
2. It's like when they put a shirt on Vaan and it improved his character 100%
3. Chumbler is right that it's a little too much black and that kind of shows it's a kludge. The light-and-shadow effect is good but it'd be perfect if she had more of a skirt. That would fix that her outfit is in an awkward place between a leotard and a skirt (making the original design look like she's just wearing a shirt and no pants) and make white the dominant color again.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i respect their decision to have mythra cosplay as elhaym

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Well it is winter, she must be cold

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They went about fixing her design in the laziest possible way since it looks like they literally just colored her legs black. This could look better if they had actually bothered to put some of her design elements into it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Momomo posted:

They went about fixing her design in the laziest possible way since it looks like they literally just colored her legs black. This could look better if they had actually bothered to put some of her design elements into it.

Kos-Mos looks different in every game, that's an established thing in the Xeno- franchise. Just give Mythra an entirely different outfit.
Or, like I said, extend the skirt a bit. That's what they did to cover her cleavage, they pulled the dress up a bit. subtle and family friendly

What they went with just makes it look like the texture for her legs didn't load.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Momomo posted:

It's for the best. At a certain point you need to put down the pen and be satisfied with the number of glowing panels and Gundam spikes on your character and most blades are already two designs worth of accessorizing beyond that point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Never enough glowing panels and gundam spikes.

And after thinking about it if they just made it look like black shorts rather than full leggings it'd probably look fine, unless any amount of bare leg is too sinful.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 26, 2018

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Microcline posted:

It's for the best. At a certain point you need to put down the pen and be satisfied with the number of glowing panels and Gundam spikes on your character and most blades are already two designs worth of accessorizing beyond that point.

How can you say such a horrible thing?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

She’s wearing a long tunic shirt with a belt and leggings as pants under it. Throw some UGG boots on there and she’d be every girl from Long Island I went to undergrad with.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

She’s wearing a long tunic shirt with a belt and leggings as pants under it. Throw some UGG boots on there and she’d be every girl from Long Island I went to undergrad with.

That is entirely on brand for Mythra.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That's why I feel her design isn't as bad as Pyra's. Sure they're both kind of ridiculous for what is essentially a god, but Mythra's outfit gives you more of an indication of what her personality is like. Pyra's supposed to be her opposite (or everything Mythra lacks I guess), but didn't really look it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Momomo posted:

That's why I feel her design isn't as bad as Pyra's. Sure they're both kind of ridiculous for what is essentially a god, but Mythra's outfit gives you more of an indication of what her personality is like. Pyra's supposed to be her opposite (or everything Mythra lacks I guess), but didn't really look it.

While I do agree, I will admit I like her sunset line of "...and now I'm glowing :sigh:".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1068673758091571200

So that redesign in Smash Bros. is making it into the game as a free update.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's actually rad, especially since it's a better design.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Now somehow fix Pyra, please

I guess the fix is just getting the cat hoodie from challenge mode but I demand a better one!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh and the costume is yet another AUX core piece of equipment.

As for where you get them:

quote:

some Nopon by a salvaging deck after Chapter 4 for XC2 (probably Argentum)

some Nopon in a village for Torna

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Now somehow fix Pyra, please

I guess the fix is just getting the cat hoodie from challenge mode but I demand a better one!

Just give her a black bodysuit under her outfit like Mythra, then she's just wearing dumb space armor.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

No but the worst part is her breasts, something about the modelling there looks completely awful. Way worse than her original art.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The AUX Core gives +25% crit chance in both games. :laffo:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If I read correctly it's Crit Up 7 so it's only slightly better than the current best one, but still holy lol

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 1, 2018

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I mean, I won't say no...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh thank gently caress. Now I can have Disguised Pyra and Mythra with PANTS. I really need to get back to Torna...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Man, who knew making Mythra's outfit less shameful makes her look better!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man she really looks like elhaym in that picture

really wish you could wear a costume to make her a redhead too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Man, who knew making Mythra's outfit less shameful makes her look better!

Mythra had nothing to be ashamed of.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, I just started Torna a few days ago and was at the town before the desert when this update dropped, so hell yeah, Better Mythra for the rest of the DLC. Thank you, Sakurai.

Also, lmao, the scene where Jin goes to his old house. loving amazing.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 1, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Challenge battles are extremely good. What do I have to do to get Shulk & Fiora on my team permanently? They are amazing, especially Fiora.

Edit: also what are Flawless Noponstones? Do more store options open up later that require them?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Challenge battles are extremely good. What do I have to do to get Shulk & Fiora on my team permanently? They are amazing, especially Fiora.

Edit: also what are Flawless Noponstones? Do more store options open up later that require them?

To get them onto your team permanently, complete Dino Drama. The difficulty setting doesn't matter, so you can turn it to Easy, or to Custom difficulty and crank down enemy stats if you feel like it.

Flawless Noponstones are dropped from challenge battles and are just material you trade in for swimsuits. Don't bother exchanging your regular noponstone for it, the game gives you plenty.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

One of the shopkeepers sells outfits that require them (towards the bottom), you need them for the swimsuits. I think they also let you buy Idea levels for Tora as well.

To get Shulk and Fiora, finish the challenge Dino Drama. You can use Custom difficulty to make everything super easy if you just want to grab them without being particularly high leveled.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Fiora is the most broken blade in the game. She's ridiculously good.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve noticed that some attacks cause enemies to drop cubes in challenge battles, but I can’t figure out which ones. Obviously Smash but do Blade Combos also? Also, is there a better way to pick them up? I keep having to stop fighting to run around slowly and grab them and it is annoying.

Also I feel like “easy” mode is a misnomer, some of the battles are still incredibly difficult. Especially because you have to use Fiora/Shulk if you want to fill out their affinity charts and the difference in power between a blade with half their chart filled and a rank S blade is staggering.

I tried to fight Elma, but she is basically impossible once she summons her clones. I do appreciate that Shulk can dispel Elemental Awakening with Monado Purge.

Edit: I wish they had patched in an option to toggle “THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME? DON’T FORGET ME!” on and off.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 4, 2018

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Use a special to grab them, you get full move speed while you don't have a weapon in your hands and it doesn't waste your time at all. Also a perfect time to re-position yourself for side/back attack bonuses.

IIRC it's blade combos, driver combos, fusions, and chain combos that spit out more cubes, generally you'll get all 3 boxes by just grabbing them as they drop casually though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The battles are generally fine, it's just Elma is ridiculously overpowered and unfun to deal with. I still haven't unlocked her for general use.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Elma suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked, I just turned down the difficulty to unlock her because I mean come on

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i unlocked Elma by turning it to custom difficulty, since you can make things way easier than Easy difficulty

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I tried Custom with everything turned down and she still kicked my rear end to the curb. Maybe I didn't set it correctly, I don't know.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

"Down" is harder for some of the options in custom difficulty, it's a little bit annoying. You need to set the enemy settings down and the player settings up IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Fiora is the most broken blade in the game. She's ridiculously good.

What's so busted about her? I've used her on Nia for awhile and I like her, but I don't recall anything particularly stand-out busted. It has been awhile since I picked up the game and my memory is horrible, however!

Alxprit posted:

I tried Custom with everything turned down and she still kicked my rear end to the curb. Maybe I didn't set it correctly, I don't know.

I also couldn't beat her even with the Custom difficulty. I had to bust out my fully tricked out Poppi squad to beat her, because with the Party Gauge sealed it's essentially a solo fight. I can screencap my Poppi builds if anybody wants to try replicating what I did. I got the builds from various guides back when I decided I wanted to build Poppi.