Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every time Seven Blasphemous Deaths talks I can't help but picture a smug, evil Hibiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Someone start pasting Seven Blasphemous Deaths quotes onto glamour pics of Aoi Yuuki tia :tipshat:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mostly hear the notes of Tanya in her performance but i guess that comes with both roles being little shits

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62F5LO1Fjw

Its shuten dojis voice just...less thirsty in one way and far more thirsty in another

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i still can't believe i never caught the wooden thunk whenever shang used his sword in s1. the actual swords didn't sound anything like it!

They masked it pretty well with the fact that his sword doesn't even have a guard. You could just write it off as the wooden scabbard impacting the wooden handle.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im so loving mad right now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Son of a bitch

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I knew this would happen and I hate it more for it.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I gotta say, I'm not thrilled that the only important female character is now the evil vampire sword.

RIP, Princess of Cruelty :smith:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

I knew this would happen and I hate it more for it.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Okay, so, a) goddamnit.

b) Hahahahaha Hunting Fox's whole deal is amazingly petty. Like other than Lin, the guy is the best schemer in the show and yet his grand scheme has the goal of "find a fence to buy these stolen swords"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ha, turns out we were all right the first time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm kinda disappointed. I really thought the monk would be immune to the sword and would actually be a part of putting it back in the index again but after thinking about it it makes perfect sense.

He only cares about finding answers to questions given with conviction. He wonders why a person whose life he saved was taken by another person whose life he also saved. The answer the sword gave him was "just kill everyone" and that answer was given with utmost conviction so blammo, he got exactly what he was looking for.

I went and watched the episode where Rou Fuyo first saw the monk and attacked him almost immediately. Rou Fuyo could have easily taken the monk's life if he had just given him a reason. He didn't though. He said "I don't want your life but you will forfeit it just the same" and then Shou Fu Kan stops him from killing the monk and lets the monk escape. Those 2 could have prevented all this.

And yeah RIP POC. She was an awesome underdog and I legit felt bad for her the past couple episodes. SBD is going to be hard to deal with in the hands of the monk.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pretty much where I'm at.

Women in Urobuchi shows I guess :shrug:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I've never enjoyed a show that didn't have both sexes in their main cast. (unless the main cast is only like 2 or less characters). Bring back Xiang Hai!

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 27, 2018

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I've never enjoyed a show that didn't have both sexes in their main cast. (unless the main cast is only like 2 or less characters). Bring back Xiang Hai!

Right? Xiang's fate at the end of S1 was ambiguous enough that I keep half expecting her to pop in at some point.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Pretty much where I'm at.

Women in Urobuchi shows I guess :shrug:

POC was legit my favorite new character this season and Urobochi fridged her. Yes it was predictable as hell but I honestly hoped he had gotten over this problem but noooope

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It doesn't help that she was the only character with an arc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xarbala posted:

It doesn't help that she was the only character with an arc.

I mean, this was sort of the natural ending to that arc. She was more sympathetic for her situation than for who she was, and had killed a shitload of innocents, so while she was thrown the bone of breaking the SBD's hold on her and getting a satisfying duel with Shang Bu Huang, she'd gone too deep to escape death altogether. The general vibe seemed to be that while she'd irreparably screwed up this life, she finally had a chance of doing better in the next one. I also suspect that the fate of The Monk Formerly Known As Di Kong will be significantly less kind than a quick death followed by one of your mightiest enemies honouring you. He and Xie were in the same position, but he made the wrong choice for the wrong reasons, while she eventually made the right one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's pretty weird that in a show that does not shy away in the least from showing lots of blood whenever someone dies, Princess of Cruelty dies without ever being touched by a sword, with Di Kong's attack only cutting off her hair and cloak, with her body showing zero trace of any actual attack.

She might still be dead since Ling Ya explicitly points out a wound (that we never see), but it's odd.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's pretty weird that in a show that does not shy away in the least from showing lots of blood whenever someone dies, Princess of Cruelty dies without ever being touched by a sword, with Di Kong's attack only cutting off her hair and cloak, with her body showing zero trace of any actual attack.

She might still be dead since Ling Ya explicitly points out a wound (that we never see), but it's odd.

I mean, it would be kind of funny if she dissolves into a pile of scorpions with a quiet 'heh, suckers', but I'm not putting money on it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If she actually survives somehow she even got the typical character development haircut for free, what a nice guy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If she actually survives somehow she even got the typical character development haircut for free, what a nice guy

This is 80% of why I think she might have. :v:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Nooooooooo

The best character of the season, gone

Like, absolutely everyone saw this coming. Which makes it all the more disappointing. Buuuut there's no helping it. I guess we're down to a more boring situation now. I'm counting on Hunting Fox to be more entertaining...

I desperately want Princess of Cruelty to SOMEHOW make a surprise comeback, something like "surprise, I was actually SPIDERS all along", but I'm really, really not betting on that. It's time for anime creation hater #456 to take over.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I would be super stoked if Xie gets to cheat death, she already displayed a shadow clone technique made out of scorpions and death-faking poisons are common enough in fiction, but more likely than anything she's just plain dead now.

It's kind of petty I guess but it almost makes me wonder what's the point of the season anymore. The Princess of Cruelty was basically a show stealer and you could've made her the protagonist of the season without rewriting anything and just changing the framing slightly. The monk and Hunting Fox aren't exactly exciting villains to me and Lang is a pretty flat character. Shang and Lin are still fun but the rest of the season is going to be much poorer without Xie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The rest of the season is going to be a ton of rad fight scenes so I'm ok with that.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm still pretty hopeful for the rest of the season since it's been a wild ride so far, though I was pretty drat sad when the Princess of Cruelty died as well. She was finally liberated, and I sympathised with her so hard. The moment Di Kong showed up made it pretty obvious what was going to happen, but it didn't stop me feeling pretty bad about how ominous he was.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
This is clearly all a long con, and when Shang, Ling and Lang have the monk on the ropes she's going to jump out of nowhere to steal the kill like a true assassin.

:smith:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

That's like expecting Dan Fei to do anything worth poo poo, or Juan to get closure, or Shou Yun Xiao not to go out like a lame little idiot

I'm in full Here-For-The-Fights mode now, Princess really was the main character of the season...

...I want to believe :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God dammit they buried her, it's permanent

"What could he possibly gain from deceiving me like this?" I dunno it's probably funny

Don't you loving call that sword Princess. #notmyprincess

WHOA EXCUSE ME PREVIEW?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 3, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Even 7BD is like "whoa there, maybe reel it in just a little buddy."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lin is def going to paint fox into the enigmatic gale

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm still mad Xie's dead to be honest

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I used to be kind of a fan of Urobuchi and I still enjoy TBF, but I've found myself getting a lot more annoyed by his poo poo in recent years. I couldn't even finish the first anime Godzilla movie he did because it's such boring wordy garbage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I used to be kind of a fan of Urobuchi and I still enjoy TBF, but I've found myself getting a lot more annoyed by his poo poo in recent years. I couldn't even finish the first anime Godzilla movie he did because it's such boring wordy garbage.

To be fair, that was a Hobbit situation - he wrote a script for a single movie that then got stretched out into three.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I do like his wordy garbage but killing off the only female character in the season is still pretty rear end, especially when she was also the most compelling character of the season.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

I do like his wordy garbage but killing off the only female character in the season is still pretty rear end, especially when she was also the most compelling character of the season.

Gotta build HEAT.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first half of s1 was wordy garbage that only paid off in the end imo

at least with s2 i have an attachment to lin, shang etc so it's no longer a thing i feel like i'm having to put up with

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In better news, official Twitter icons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dogsicle posted:

the first half of s1 was wordy garbage that only paid off in the end imo

at least with s2 i have an attachment to lin, shang etc so it's no longer a thing i feel like i'm having to put up with

LOL