Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

i am probably the only one in this world who wants to see this fight tonight. how did this poo poo even happen. let's fuckin go chuck. do any of these other fights look decent?

You probably are. I'm watching it, but I would much rather it didn't exist tbh. Watching Chuck's workout videos gave me a serious sinking feeling.

Edit: Also lol at the commentary here. Mexicans never stop cumming, spending five minutes trying to describe why being muscular is actually bad compared to the fat guy, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Well he can't just jump in there against Jon Jones he needs to tune up on a can

mewse
May 2, 2006

Made a low effort GDT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so how much did Chuck Liddell get paid for that?

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
$250,000 disclosed pay. I think I read somewhere that he was getting PPV points too though.

So, not nearly enough to justify.

mewse
May 2, 2006

*tito grabs the mic* i hope you don't retire bro

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Anyone have any good elder abuse charities they can recommend so I can donate the price I paid for that ppv and absolve myself of the horrific guilt I feel

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mewse posted:

*tito grabs the mic* i hope you don't retire bro

That was probably the easiest money Tito has ever made - he's going to want a 4th

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That was probably the easiest money Tito has ever made - he's going to want a 4th

It was such a close fight that he needs to prove himself with a rematch

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mewse posted:

It was such a close fight that he needs to prove himself with a rematch

I loved that he thanked Chuck for allowing him to show his skills in his post fight interview

It's like someone throwing their hands up and doing a lap after a warmup against a heavy bag

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I watched it again and have been thinking about it, and really the joy and exuberance in Tito's celebration was the saddest MMA thing I've ever seen. that was Tito's dang life right there, that was his everything. nothing will ever make him feel as good as beating 48 year old Chuck back to death.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

I watched it again and have been thinking about it, and really the joy and exuberance in Tito's celebration was the saddest MMA thing I've ever seen. that was Tito's dang life right there, that was his everything. nothing will ever make him feel as good as beating 48 year old Chuck back to death.

Walking out to limp bizkit like it was the illest may have been sadder?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

mewse posted:

Walking out to limp bizkit like it was the illest may have been sadder?

WHOS IN THE HOUSE

Goddamn that had me rolling.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It was amazing that they had the commentary guys spin stories about Chuck sandbagging and not showing off his true speed and how this fight was amazing and we're all so lucky to be watching it.

Then immediately after the fight when they're done shilling for it most of them said Chuck shouldn't have been in there in the first place and they didn't want to see him ever fight again. Well except Mir.. who obviously wants to see Chuck die in there.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Mir probably thinks Big Dan stopped the Carwin fight too early

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
The commentator opinions on Chuck retiring are really about themselves. Rashad has already come to grips with the fact that his career is over and it was time to hang it up. Mir is still holding on in the face of overwhelming evidence that it's time to stop.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
That was very sad. From this point forward, anyone who pays Chuck to fight should be sent to prison. Give the guy an honorable discharge and a “founding father” pension so he doesn’t have to get punched, any more.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

It somehow made me dislike Tito more.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Tito announced his retirement and says he wants to be a promoter again. Hopefully we're in for more "Of course, I'm Tito Ortiz" and "I catered the press conference myself" gems in the future.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
hopefully he goes away

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That was very sad. From this point forward, anyone who pays Chuck to fight should be sent to prison. Give the guy an honorable discharge and a “founding father” pension so he doesn’t have to get punched, any more.

Zuffa gave him one of those fake VP jobs but WME or whatever fired him and we'll I guess this happens.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

TheReverend posted:

Zuffa gave him one of those fake VP jobs but WME or whatever fired him and we'll I guess this happens.

Whatever it takes to keep him from fighting. I’ll donate to a Patreon or whatever if I need to. That fight was painfully sad to watch.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheReverend posted:

Didn't he get fired because he couldn't even do his fake job? I think Forrest got the same job but actually shows up and puts effort in.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Didn't he get fired because he couldn't even do his fake job? I think Forrest got the same job but actually shows up and puts effort in.

The reality makes Forrest look even better. These fake jobs were always intended to be paychecks for nothing, Dana and Zuffa never expected any of these guys to report in for work.

Most guys happily took the money for their fake jobs and stayed home. Forrest Griffin came in and basically said "ok, I'm an employee and you guys are paying me a lot of money, so what do you want me to do?" Zuffa people pretty much told him "uhhh... nothing, we don't have any work for you, its cool, you can stay home." Forrest wouldn't accept that, found a desk somewhere, started showing up for whatever meetings would let him in and basically forced them to figure out a real job for him to do. Then when WME bought the company, they fired all the guys with the fake jobs, but they kept Forrest because he was actually working.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZguH0G-90

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rigel posted:

The reality makes Forrest look even better. These fake jobs were always intended to be paychecks for nothing, Dana and Zuffa never expected any of these guys to report in for work.

Most guys happily took the money for their fake jobs and stayed home. Forrest Griffin came in and basically said "ok, I'm an employee and you guys are paying me a lot of money, so what do you want me to do?" Zuffa people pretty much told him "uhhh... nothing, we don't have any work for you, its cool, you can stay home." Forrest wouldn't accept that, found a desk somewhere, started showing up for whatever meetings would let him in and basically forced them to figure out a real job for him to do. Then when WME bought the company, they fired all the guys with the fake jobs, but they kept Forrest because he was actually working.

lol that's amazing

Thank you for filling in the details

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

kensei posted:

WHOS IN THE HOUSE

Goddamn that had me rolling.

Rolling, rolling, rolling?

(What?)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rigel posted:

started showing up for whatever meetings would let him in

I like to imagine there were some meetings where they successfully barricaded the doors against him, but others where he was able to break through.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I was so mad at that guy for not using his insane arm reach (he can almost put his elbows on his hips) but at least he made it up with Joe Rogan Leg Reach.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1067835820948615168

Does it really matter?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Story: he's hosed by years of fighting

mewse
May 2, 2006

We ran a brain scan and the machine returned.. false?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CSAC: after careful consideration, we've determined that Golden Boy's check has cleared.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://sports.yahoo.com/dana-white-blasts-cokehead-oscar-de-la-hoya-tito-ortiz-chuck-lidell-fight-profane-rant-023241699.html

mods change my name to oscar de la Weirdo please

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dana White calling Oscar a cokehead while ignoring Chuck's drug use is quite ironic, also pot meet kettle

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Oscar de la Weirdo, Oscar de la Dummy -- doing that docu about Trump, Dana must have picked up on Trump's insult game.

The one thing that would have given Dana's rant any weight is if he'd said I called Chuck and begged him not to go through after I saw his pad workout.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

JaySB posted:

Dana White calling Oscar a cokehead while ignoring Chuck's drug use is quite ironic, also pot meet kettle

If you shined a flashlight into one of Dana’s nostrils, you could read a book by the light coming out of the other one.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:woop:

Bellator's champ, Darrion Caldwell, is gonna fight Horiguchi at Rizin's NYE event for the inaugural Rizin Bantamweight title

:hellyeah:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

LobsterMobster posted:

:woop:

Bellator's champ, Darrion Caldwell, is gonna fight Horiguchi at Rizin's NYE event for the inaugural Rizin Bantamweight title

:hellyeah:

neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Chael said on Insta that the fight had 25k PPV buys which is cool