Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
odd to wave away filpped scum like that

##vote kB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
:smug:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

drat. I was a 1shot Vig/miller Because I used my Vig on Hal I'm now a Miller. I will Cop Scum. Cheers

Noice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Reggae, asiina, hawke.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Eh I take that back. I’m not as sold on hawke as scum. Ok sorry for the multiple posts in a row

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Cool, ##vote aa

My opinion hasn't changed since yesterday, especially with a post like this:

Scum tend to stress about coming off as being 'too right', and this is a v scummy post to make because it makes AA look like he was wrong about Solus in retrospect.

It's a perfectly meaningless post, because the only case against Solus was lurking, and defending against a meaningless lunch isn't indicative of anything at all.

This is a poor case, keep in mind I was in favor of destroying ASF yesterday.

Seems like an opportunistic angle to work, that you couldn't wait to get into thread and post about.

My suspicion on flerp was entirely meta based, turns out my meta read was wrong, and I addressed that it was a lovely meta read before day 1 had even ended.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

:P

Why did you risk using your vig on N1 if you might hit town and end up being a miller?

this is a bad question, salty a scumbud got got?

INTENTIONALLY REDACTED: I DISOBEYED RULES

Something worth mentioning now that you are continuing to ping me.

Even though I placed you as probably town on my lumpen list... I don't get that vibe from you with how the day started.

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 26, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's going to look like an omgus, but given I've already been wrong about one meta read, I'm going to go with gut. Ernie is making cases out of nothing and using mafia lexicon to appear like he's contributing

##vote Reggae

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So, I've broken two rules quoting my own text from the masonry and editing a post. This is my penance post. I redacted what I posted because it was against the spirit of the game!

I'll explain my conviction in non directly quoted words later.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Have things changed since I last played here? Isn't out-of-thread communication entirely disallowed?

Also, I don't understand. You had me as town in your mason chat, but as potential scum in-thread. Which is it? Do I jump at shadows or am I fabricating a case?

This post is null since you edited your original one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not sure what was posted there since I wasn't checking the thread. I'm actually unsure if it's OK to post mason chat quotes or not since it's not a mod com.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
modkill these mofos

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's going to look like an omgus, but given I've already been wrong about one meta read, I'm going to go with gut. Ernie is making cases out of nothing and using mafia lexicon to appear like he's contributing

##vote Reggae

This is a complete and entire strawman. I'm not using 'mafia lexicon', I used logic. Can you quote where I used mafia lexicon to mis-represent your actions?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

REGGAE PARADE posted:

This is a complete and entire strawman. I'm not using 'mafia lexicon', I used logic. Can you quote where I used mafia lexicon to mis-represent your actions?

why dont you post some reads of your own instead

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I'm literally pushing one right now... and have been all day...

If you want another read, I also think KB is scum. He's playing in a very guarded way. I can expand on that, but I don't feel like it's a strong enough read.

I think Max is likely telling the truth, Sal is probably lying in some way, A Sometimes Food is town for having some pretty poor train-of-thought logic earlier on that didn't read curated.

Those are my reads.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Oh I forgot, I think you're town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

odd to wave away filpped scum like that

##vote kB

Heh. So you either ignored where mere minutes later after further evaluation I identified some things that point to you being scum, or you read it and pretended to ignore it so it wouldn't look like an omgus?

Feeling real good about my vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Sal is probably lying in some way

It's really strange playing with people I've never played with before. What do you think I'm lying about? Nobody else is claiming the vig on Hal, so I'm not lying about that. I'm not lying about being a Miller, I will Cop scum now, but why would scum kill their godfather unless it was some insane 4th dimensional chess where I was trying to get the ultimate town cred.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

Heh. So you either ignored where mere minutes later after further evaluation I identified some things that point to you being scum, or you read it and pretended to ignore it so it wouldn't look like an omgus?

Feeling real good about my vote.

that’s right I chose to ugnore anything that was posted while I was in cryostasis. two points I would make though are:

1) it’s interesting, To me, that flipped Scum Hal tried to push me yesterday and now scumteam are continuing that streategy
Two) your conclusion about me saying ‘what About KB relies’ on you being town, which seems p unlikely at this Point

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

It's really strange playing with people I've never played with before. What do you think I'm lying about? Nobody else is claiming the vig on Hal, so I'm not lying about that. I'm not lying about being a Miller, I will Cop scum now, but why would scum kill their godfather unless it was some insane 4th dimensional chess where I was trying to get the ultimate town cred.

you could be a neutral killer. i believe your claim btw, you just aren't 100% cleared.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

that’s right I chose to ugnore anything that was posted while I was in cryostasis. two points I would make though are:

1) it’s interesting, To me, that flipped Scum Hal tried to push me yesterday and now scumteam are continuing that streategy
Two) your conclusion about me saying ‘what About KB relies’ on you being town, which seems p unlikely at this Point

Hal wasn't actually trying to push you. So that is you trying to portray something that isn't there. His case on you was a joke case.

The only person who seems interested in you thus far is me. So there are no scum pushing you. Max didn't want to commit, and bminus quickly changed his mind.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Hal 100% had me Pegged as an easy target but he forgot one crucial detail: i will never Log Off

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

sal, why don’t you show them just how serious we are

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

I don't think you're scum. I just also think you're hiding something.

I know my role and there's an obligate aspect to it. I know at least one flipped role - and it's half a cop.

It seems like there are limitations to many roles in this game, but the theme so far is that there are a lot of expected night actions. For some reason '1-shot vig' is not a role I think is real here.

That said, it's not worth pursuing. You killed scum, you're effectively on town's side. If there are unaccounted kills at some point I could consider an outside chance of you being an SK, but all I'm saying right now is that I'm not taking your claim at face-value.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
nep-nep's last minute hal vote looks really bad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

REGGAE PARADE posted:

No? Mafia is about disagreeing with people 100% of the time.

Not an opinion.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Well ... and confirmed masons, and town-persons who are defending themselves, and their friends who can read them well. :P

You're teetering entirely too close to a weird dogmatic view of play.

Sometimes some people object just to rattle things up and get multiple levels of dissent and conversations flowing.
Cautioning, but not finding it curious or odd. Strange, still no opinions about the content of the game, but instead, how the game should be played.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Scum wouldn't try to setup a chain-lunch with a post against a momentum-pushing vote. At least that's my read of the situation.

Do you actually think Hal is scum? Because I could be convinced that this is a scum-Hal game. Swinging between focused, snipy and detached.

I could also be convinced that Amalgam could be scum, based on their whole 'yeah I'm cool with anyone being scum for any reason' posting

Seems like very forced nonchalant scumhunting where it's just yes-anding instead of adding their actual opinion.

Your own hunting here seems forced and nonchalant. You've offered more insight into how the game should be played instead of actual opinions on what's going on in thread. This is the first post that begins to attach any amount of conviction towards players.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I feel like this is the kind of post scum would make if they feel like they want to 'respond' to light pressure. Toss out a balanced amount of opinions - one good, one bad, one neutral, leave no trace of discernible logic, and still look like participation.

Again, describing tropes of mafia play rather than an actual opinion. It may seem as such with such a scathing indictment of my play, but you aren't saying which my opinions are good, bad or neutral, you don't highlight what pressure has been applied. You are actually the one who is trying to look like they're participating.

Where's the discernible logic in your own conviction based on content in this thread and not what you believe to be optimal/identifiable play. That's weird!

You're good at it though. The comment is auxiliary to the actual criticism. You criticize me, then without actually saying he's done these things, you allude to it with the analysis of my hot take suspicion.

REGGAE PARADE posted:

It's the kind of post where if AA flips scum, the overarching response would be ... 'Well their posts give away nothing'

Had to include the 'if AA flips scum' caveat in your own follow up explanation. :sad:

REGGAE PARADE posted:

You have the hubris of any experienced mafia player, I'll give you that, and I will even admit that you aren't using mafia lexicon to look busy. That was a poor choice of words on my part. Instead you're actively not participating. Your "content" is flimsy suspicion derived solely from your own conjecture about how the game should be played and how roles operate.

When you do cite me you don't even take the time to elaborate or address specifically, you say "AA has said this bad thing. In the game of mafia, [filler explanatory text not relevant to the case at hand - or at least not directly relevant.]"

I'll be back later with my reconstructed lumpen and a paraphrasing of the original.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SalTheBard posted:

This is also ignoring the fact that clever and daring scum could have actually killed Flerp, and some other party killed Hal. Hal's death led to you opportunistically claiming to have killed Hal. You survive, and whoever kills Hal doesn't kill you yet because they're x-shot or 3rd party trying to blend in.

But that's just :tinfoil: theory.

Honestly believe the Sal is prob town, I just think that you and others shouldn't consider it outside the realms of possibility that Sal could be scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

nep-nep's last minute hal vote looks really bad.

Agreed. Would also vote.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

This whole post is just going through my post history out of context and trying to paint every post - even the ones you had said looked townie in the past to you - as bad. You're making up a case on the spot. Look, I can perfectly accept an OMGUS. But at this point you're just saying whatever you think can make it sound like you have a case.

I can rip it all apart and show how you're not actively reading the thread (go on, challenge me to do it), but instead:

You have the hubris of any experienced mafia player, I'll give you that, and I will even admit that you aren't using mafia lexicon to look busy. That was a poor choice of words on my part. Instead you're actively not participating. Your "content" is flimsy suspicion derived solely from your own conjecture about how the game should be played and how roles operate.

I'm not allowed to think people can be suspicious based on how I think scum ought to be playing?

;)

Can you write a similar paragraph about how the game should be played, if not the way I'm doing it?

Your entire case is based on reading my posts and saying they don't fit your personal definition of 'content posting'. Pot, kettle, etc.?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I saw reggie charade say their role is profligate. someone translate I don’t know what that Means

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

I saw reggie charade say their role is profligate. someone translate I don’t know what that Means

I can translate. I non-optionally have to perform a night action. I cannot withhold.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

REGGAE PARADE posted:

This whole post is just going through my post history out of context and trying to paint every post - even the ones you had said looked townie in the past to you - as bad. You're making up a case on the spot. Look, I can perfectly accept an OMGUS. But at this point you're just saying whatever you think can make it sound like you have a case.

I can rip it all apart and show how you're not actively reading the thread (go on, challenge me to do it), but instead:

I'm not allowed to think people can be suspicious based on how I think scum ought to be playing?

;)

Can you write a similar paragraph about how the game should be played, if not the way I'm doing it?

Your entire case is based on reading my posts and saying they don't fit your personal definition of 'content posting'. Pot, kettle, etc.?

lol I think we go round and round like this every time. It's been a while, I've gotten better though... Still, I'll have to address this tonight.

*starts to power up*

Super Shitposter-Jin Level 2, you're in trouble now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was roleblocked which frankly is rude af

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

you could be a neutral killer. i believe your claim btw, you just aren't 100% cleared.

Thats fair.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

lol I think we go round and round like this every time. It's been a while, I've gotten better though... Still, I'll have to address this tonight.

*starts to power up*

Super Shitposter-Jin Level 2, you're in trouble now.

I think you're scum, but you put a smile on my face nonetheless. :) I'm having fun.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just caught up on the reading. Before I say anything else I'd like to start by explaining my vote changeup since it has been brought up. I wasn't going to be able to check the thread at all or post during the final 90 minutes of the day. I believe at the time I changed to Solus there was one other vote with me on ASF. Without being around to participate in any arguments, I picked the vote leader arbitrarily. Not knowing how many or who would be around at the time, but thinking it likely there would be enough people to swing one way or the other, I changed my vote to Hal to give the rest of you more wiggle room to change your minds if Solus claimed something credible.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Nep-Nep posted:

Just caught up on the reading. Before I say anything else I'd like to start by explaining my vote changeup since it has been brought up. I wasn't going to be able to check the thread at all or post during the final 90 minutes of the day. I believe at the time I changed to Solus there was one other vote with me on ASF. Without being around to participate in any arguments, I picked the vote leader arbitrarily. Not knowing how many or who would be around at the time, but thinking it likely there would be enough people to swing one way or the other, I changed my vote to Hal to give the rest of you more wiggle room to change your minds if Solus claimed something credible.

tl;DR but the pattern the spaces make looks sCummy

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

I like this post by b-minus because of the point at which it came in- there had just been an issue with someone editing a post that supposedly quoted out of thread communication. It could have been easy for someone to turn the conversation to getting distracted by the spectacle, arguing spirit of the rules what should happen whatever, but this challenge to generate content got others to interact with it and kept the thread on productive conversation.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Asiina posted:

Hey Asiina, give me an opinion on anything from this thread.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asiina posted:

i don’t fully believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Hey Asiina, give me an opinion on anything from this thread.

I like your new av

• Locked thread