Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Has anyone in here played Age of Rivals?

Civilization as a well-reviewed CCG seems promising, but hmmm....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Age of Barbarian has a released new DLC. Reviews seem fairly positive.

What on earth is this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It looks like its the Spider God, Larry

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Larry put on your reading glasses.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I bought Ironcast and Mooncrash during the sale. Can't wait to go back to Prey.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
would i like monster hunter if i fell off dark souls due to the combat?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they are both very deliberate and lock you into attacks if thats what you didnt like

Orv
May 4, 2011

succ posted:

The Dark Souls comparison gets used because it's easy, not necessarily because it's wholly accurate.

I ended up falling off MH:W as a huge Dark Souls fan not because of the player end of the combat but because I think a lot of the higher grade monster designs are extremely unfun to fight.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

they are both very deliberate and lock you into attacks if thats what you didnt like

And monster hunter is all about the grind in the endgame. You fight some monsters, get the parts you need to make a new hat/weapon and continue on your way to the next upgrade you want.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Age of Barbarian has a released new DLC. Reviews seem fairly positive.

Pretend I posted the barbarian :stare:

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
What’s the best way to play Half Life 1? I own both Half-Life and Half-Life Source. Should I use mods? I’ve never played it actually.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’d recommend black mesa, or the original half life non-source without mods

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I returned fc3 because rape is unpleasant

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I bought Primal but after doing the intro, before the 2 hour mark was up, I was already so goddamn bored I turned it off and refunded it. I don't think I can really do Ubisoft map-marker-a-thons anymore.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I bought Primal but after doing the intro, before the 2 hour mark was up, I was already so goddamn bored I turned it off and refunded it. I don't think I can really do Ubisoft map-marker-a-thons anymore.

Counterpoint: Mad Max is cool and good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Infinity Gaia posted:

AC games are still pretty good after being a bit stale! I'd recommend Odyssey with best character Kassandra

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

bad day posted:

What’s the best way to play Half Life 1? I own both Half-Life and Half-Life Source. Should I use mods? I’ve never played it actually.

Black Mesa. Although in the original release they had cut a large part of one of the levels (I don't mean Xen) but then someone made a mod to put that level back in and then I think the team patched the mod in the vanilla release? That'd be the only mod you'd need for Black Mesa if I'm wrong about the last part.

As for the original I don't actually know. Half-Life Source? It probably doesn't really matter much. No mods necessary as far as I know.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

bad day posted:

Third choice is Sven-Coop. Game is too dated to be fun as it is.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

succ posted:

I like MHW but am not crazy about Dark Souls, I also wasn't crazy about the other couple of times I tried monhun games in the past. MHW feels like it's right in the sweet spot of teaching you how to appreciate the game

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xaris posted:

AC games are still pretty good after being a bit stale! I'd recommend Odyssey with best character Kassandra

You know, I probably misspoke since I did like Odyssey (though I found I liked Alexios more than Kassandra, fite me), I guess it's just Far Cry I can't handle anymore. I played FC3 to 100% completion back in the day but I can barely look at the new ones without feeling waves of pure tedium.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Third choice is Sven-Coop. Game is too dated to be fun as it is.

No it isn't, the gently caress? Half-life aged pretty drat well.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Mordja posted:

Not on Steam, but why not get one of the last two Forza Horizons? They've also got big open worlds to drive around in and if you actually want to do races and stuff I hear they're quite good!

Oh I just bought Forza Horizon 4 and totally love it. It's like, the second best Forza game ever made, just barely losing the #1 spot to Forza Motorsport 4.

I just thought I'd ask about the Crew 2 because at first glance it doesn't look as offensively barren and dull as it does by the 2nd or 3rd youtube video.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Glass Masquerade is getting a sequel next month. Hive the original a try while it's on sale.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

al-azad posted:

It's less common in English speaking countries which rip other languages without context, but it's pretty common elsewhere for example Kyoto literally means Capital City.

Kennel posted:

Also billion places called New Town/Neapoli/some other variation.

Even that single additional word is enough to make it interesting to me; New Town at least lets me know that the town is "new"! Two words is really all you need to make a good name. If you use only one word for a name it better be a good-rear end word, like "Doom".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OK

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

and then you are the jackals

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

this and playing Yojimbo with the factions are the story in FC2

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Aww man, you were doing so well...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
While FC2 had problems I vastly prefer it to any of the other ones. It didn't constantly shove stupid story and set pieces at you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only at major points.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My crack addict cousin isn't so bad, he doesn't *constantly* steal my parents' medication

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there any first person stompyrobot shooters out there besides MWO right now? Thinking closer to Battletech than Gundam

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any first person stompyrobot shooters out there besides MWO right now? Thinking closer to Battletech than Gundam

Mech sims are a pretty dead genre these days sadly.

Vox Machinae is the only other one that I know and it's mp only and will likely be DOA whenever it's out of early access.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That and space shooters. All the genres I like turn to ash in my hands :smith:

Nothing else quite scratches that specific itch I have of "first person shooter but with deliberation and extremely high TTK (edit: and relatively low reflex requirements :v:)" like the gameplay of MWO does, it's just... everything else about MWO that's execrable

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 27, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I would do filthy things to get something like MW3 or 4 but Remastered.

Preferably 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm76b8tzzWI :allears:

Oh hey, duh, there's Titanfall 2(dirt cheap on Origin right now) but honestly, it didn't really make me feel like I was in a giant mech and it is primarily mp but it has a kickass, if very brief, singleplayer campaign. And there's also Brigador which definitely makes you feel like you're a big ole stompy robot even though it's isometric.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 27, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh yeah I adored Titanfall 2, BT is a bro, but we both know it's not the same

And the next MechWarrior is by PGI :smith:

I DO keep kinda forgetting about Brigador tho. Maybe I'll give that another looksee later

Orv
May 4, 2011
I assume since that intro calls it a Thor and not a Summoner (:barf:) that there would be some kind of Harmony Gold involved legal garbage if you tried to remaster MW1-4.

Because we can't have anything nice.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Harmony Gold did get dismissed-with-prejudice on one major BT related suit a few months ago; but as far as I know the whole thing is still hopelessly encumbered by legal asshattery, yeah :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but they call it a Thor because that is what the Innersphere called that mech. When the clans invaded the IS didn't know what the Clans called their own mechs, so they got "Reporting names". Kinda like how Russian military hardware was given names by Western forces.

It has nothing to do with HG.