Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I was wrong, those all come out the 30th not tomorrow, I missread RYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

very stable genius posted:

Maybe it’s the weather but the new Windhand album is exactly what the doctor ordered. It is slowly making its way into my top 5 albums of the year. Music to Seasonal Depression to.

I'm listening to this at work now and enjoying it, thanks for posting about it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just found this thread and im glad i did cause i never heard bolt thrower before and now i have and im pretty happy.

BOLT THROWER

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weNJvskSj3k

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ASenileAnimal posted:

just found this thread and im glad i did cause i never heard bolt thrower before and now i have and im pretty happy.

BOLT THROWER

:getin:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ssrpexU1o

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

I like everything about this post :discourse:

BOLT THROWER

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The shuffle function Apple has implemented in their Music app is loving garbage, but every time I shuffle my ~24h workout playlist, this song always plays at some point while I'm lifting, so I can't be too mad at that.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that's definitely the sandwich form of opeth's music

lol

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

This is a very good post.

BOLT THROWER

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

I've grown to like recent Opeth stuff - it's not that bad, the last album that is.

But it's a shame the direction they turned to when Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree started producing then got rid of Peter Lindgren and Martin Lopez.

I plan on giving the new stuff an honest chance soon. I never hated it but the internet hatetrain colored my interest of it so I never listened much. Now I’m way past caring what people dislike on the internet so it’s time to try it all again. I’ll always love Mikael as a person and musician regardless.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
opeth is made tolerable with 3rd rate trap beats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EXh-mXaGHE

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Opeth's run from MAYH up to Watershed is one of the best in metal history imo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Henchman of Santa posted:

From Orchid to Watershed imo

The quality of that run is too good. I don’t know how they managed it. They kept their sound but every album has a distinct personality.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I like everything about this post :discourse:

BOLT THROWER

I love Bolt Thrower even more after finding out a lot of NSBM dweebs are pissed at them, for being openly left-wing and getting neo-nazi fuccboi bands kicked off festival lineups, by refusing to play otherwise.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KozmoNaut posted:

I love Bolt Thrower even more after finding out a lot of NSBM dweebs are pissed at them, for being openly left-wing and getting neo-nazi fuccboi bands kicked off festival lineups, by refusing to play otherwise.

Bolt Thrower have moved from best to bestest.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KozmoNaut posted:

Whaaaaaat? Details? That’s loving amazing.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I didn't know about that. I just know that story Karl told about punching out some skinhead and hightailing it out of there while being chased by nazis with aluminium bats.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

E: Karl is good people.

I don't have any details, it was just some guy whining about it on the NWN forums. Possibly something with Sargeist and Netherlands Death Fest, but I'm not sure.

Also, the NWN dweebs call Hellfest "(Shek)Hellfest". Because the Jews. Yeah.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Marin Karin posted:

I didn't know about that. I just know that story Karl told about punching out some skinhead and hightailing it out of there while being chased by nazis with aluminium bats.

Karl Willets posted:

Here's my account of the NJ Riot... It is a memorable point in the history of Bolt Thrower...

We were told before to expect some poo poo at this venue, we were greeted by a somewhat jumpy female promoter. Nazi skinheads had recently been walking into gigs and trashing the place and causing brawls, rumour had it tonight was to be no different.
We met with the guys from Immolation, top blokes... off their tits on PCP, the load in was amusing... I'd had a bit of crystal meth that night which may have added to the overall weirdness of the night.

Robert Muller our German friend from Century Media Records was also there, he kindly gave us the loan of his pet slugger (baseball bat), which we removed from the trunk (boot) of his car and surreptitiously hid behind the stage.

I remember throughout the support bands these nazi pricks had started to do that stupid arm stretching routine a lot... I got on stage and told them to stop... No surprise they didn't... but they'd had a warning... When we went on stage I was furious, I remember some small black dude, well into the band and metal, who was petrified by these animals, I think I warned them a couple of times... but the only thing these idiots would react to was direct confrontation.

I launched myself off the stage aiming myself at this one gangly twat, who had annoyed me particularly, and between me and the sound engineer from the venue we had them cornered. I looked out the corner of my eye to see this huge Neanderthal coming right at me, with Adolf Hitler tattooed on his chest- at this point our Tour Manager intervened with the German slugger!
I saw the nazi monster collapse to the floor with blood pissing out of his head, the backswing to the bat almost killed one of the skinhead kids whom must have been about 12.

The place descended into chaos, the security guards were related to the skinheads, it could have got bad... We loaded our gear out superquick thanks to a more together Immolation and high-tailed it out of there. As we left, Baz remembered we left the baseball bat in the venue, he went back in to retrieve it just as the skinheads returned to the venue for vengeance... I have never seen a man move so quick through a melee of flailing limbs!

We drove off and we then thought that we were being followed by carloads of nazis after our blood, so we pulled over to confront them, yelling as we approached the stopped vehicles, until we realised it was some fans just making sure we got away ok...

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 27, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

NAZI PUNKS gently caress OFF

BOLT THROWER!!!

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I didn't think Bolt Thrower could get any cooler. Yet here we are.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

It's slightly cooler if you consider this was an unprovoked long post/comment made by Karl on the spot, answering a random fan's comment :D

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

:aaaaa:

Mr. Pickles posted:

NAZI PUNKS gently caress OFF

BOLT THROWER!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

HELL YES

HAIL BOLT THROWER

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

lmafo BOLT THROWER

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I didn't think it was possible to love Bolt Thrower more than I already did, but here we are.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

quote:

I'd had a bit of crystal meth that night which may have added to the overall weirdness of the night.

:allears:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

It kinda ran out of gas for me at the second half of Ghost Reveries. Watershed wasn't bad or anything but I guess I'd just lost interest by then.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I didn't think it was possible to love Bolt Thrower more than I already did, but here we are.

:same:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Well good news Opeth pals: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mikael-akerfeldt-has-an-hour-and-a-halfs-worth-of-material-written-for-next-opeth-album/

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I feel really lucky for having seen Bolt Thrower on a really small stage at a free entrance festival not long before they disbanded. They were absolutely killing it and I lost my poo poo when the Fourth Crusade started to play. Karl is an awesome dude, as well on social media as on stage. I think his new band is dull but I go see them when I can anyway just to see Karl.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Whoa, that's got to be at least four songs' worth

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Nile is making my desk rattle. I love Nile.

(For Whom The Gods Detest)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
People spontaneously combust each year, it's just not widely reported.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here's some really drat competent Mgla worship that might help tide you over if, like me, you're pining after a new Mgla album.

https://groza-blackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/unified-in-void

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

mom hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and