Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That article has me pretty hyped for upcoming episodes. It’s pretty endearing how everyone on the show seems just as enthusiastic as we are, and don’t seem to give a poo poo about keeping upcoming story beats under wraps because they’re just so excited to talk about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I kind of dread Zari and John hooking up.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I kind of dread Zari and John hooking up.

I've been getting the vibe since the punk rock episode. But I suspect it'll be an on-again, off-again thing, given that we've got three-plus other couples on the show currently (Sarah and Ava; Gary and Mona; Ray and Nora).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Gary, Sarah and John - when's the last time a mainstream television program's had three bisexual regular characters? Ever?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

Gary, Sarah and John - when's the last time a mainstream television program's had three bisexual regular characters? Ever?

Torchwood, Gotham, The Magicians. So it's not totally unique, even if it's damningly uncommon.

(And Gary's not actually a regular, but he's in nearly every episode regardless. Adam Tsekhman's agent just sucks, probably. But if he counts as a regular, then you can also add Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as well.)

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Open Source Idiom posted:

Torchwood, Gotham, The Magicians. So it's not totally unique, even if it's damningly uncommon.

(And Gary's not actually a regular, but he's in nearly every episode regardless. Adam Tsekhman's agent just sucks, probably. But if he counts as a regular, then you can also add Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as well.)

It's not always the agent's fault, regulars get paid more and it might just be a budget thing. They probably can't afford another regular, so it's what he's got or get written out.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Ramona Young is a regular and he isn't, so either he's not long for this series or her agent is better than his.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

This is one of the episodes of TV where I can tell the director got to do something fun because he did all those shots they were talking about at the start of the episode at the end of the episode. It felt like a young directors first film but in the best way possible.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

bentacos posted:

Ramona Young is a regular and he isn't, so either he's not long for this series or her agent is better than his.

It's a lot more difficult to get bumped up to regular than it is to get regular status coming in. Gary probably wasn't intended to be in more than an episode or two.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I miss Gary and John being a thing. LOT is pretty inclusive as it stands but still x

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Doesn't the ship print all the costumes and food?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Holy Caity Lotz, geez.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Have MERCY Sara.

So far this is great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I love Gideon interjecting herself into the crew count.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Mona is great already

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And then we have a pizza party.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Mona thinks Ava and Nora are great, wait til she hears about Sara.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
RAY!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh Ray. :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamn I love this show :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
“My generation’s Ross and Rachel”

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
These episodes are so densely packed now, in a good way. I actually pay full attention to the show now, whereas with the other three I largely just keep them on in the background while I do other things and I rarely miss a plot point. Really fun ep, fun historical cameos, and it made good on my hope that we'd see Tom Wilson do a bit on the guitar at some point.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

"Drunk hunting with Hemingway, what could go wrong?" is such a great one line description of this series

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Minotaurs are into John Denver, that's terrible.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I question how Ray got into the envelope he handed to Mona himself, but it’s Legends, I don’t give a poo poo. This was a really well done episode.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

I question how Ray got into the envelope he handed to Mona himself, but it’s Legends, I don’t give a poo poo. This was a really well done episode.

Shrunk down after handing over envelope, flew into it and got stuck because he's Ray.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I'm with Ava, Mona really is a gem.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Mona is a bit too twee for me so far. I hope she rounds out a bit more

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I love this show and wish more shows would resolve conflict through cake and wine.

It also completely owns that the show has gone from "All magical creatures are evil and must be sent to Hell" to "They're not all bad and they deserve some respect no matter what". It's so nice to have a show that's purely fun escapism and has this extremely positive message that everybody deserves love and respect.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Mona is a bit too twee for me so far. I hope she rounds out a bit more
I thought she was fine before, but in this episode she felt off, like they were rebooting her character or something.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Slamhound posted:

I thought she was fine before, but in this episode she felt off, like they were rebooting her character or something.

I thought she was improved in this episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Slamhound posted:

In the previous eps she seemed more like a space case and a little oblivious. In this one she seemed less spacey and more peppy, but still a little oblivious. It's probably the case that they're still trying to nail down her character's niche between the slowly expanding cast. At this point there's about 10 or so recurring characters in the cast so having to juggle between all of them and find space for each is gonna be a bit tricky.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This is the first time she's primarily interacting with characters who aren't Gary and Nate. They're still testing out dynamics with her.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Somebody add Nate's dad to the next arrowverse musical special.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Just do a Legends-only musical, no Glee alum allowed. I have no idea how well the others sing but I'll take it.

Also, I guess this is a good time to link Tom Wilson's well known BTTF song

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

Just do a Legends-only musical, no Glee alum allowed. I have no idea how well the others sing but I'll take it.

Also, I guess this is a good time to link Tom Wilson's well known BTTF song

That Music Meister episode was extremely underwhelming and totally underutilized everyone outside of Gustin and Benoit. I'd trade Elseworlds for a proper musical crossover with original songs. I wouldn't mind a reprise of Super Friend with Amell and Gustin though.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This is the best Arrowverse show. Easily.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

8one6 posted:

This is the best Arrowverse show. Easily.

This is why I'm fine with it not being part of the next crossover.

We don't need this show tainted by the others.

Just pure, Beebo-loving fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Mona so far and what she's doing.