Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo the griefing is epic.

2 streamers lassoed a gal as she came out of the butcher vendor and hogtied her. From then they just kept lassoing, tackling, hogtie-Ing, throwing her in camp fires, etc etc... for 10 straight minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I'm not sure why anyone would expect it to be different.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just reached max honor. What stuff did that unlock again?

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal

Hobo Clown posted:

I got the "killin poor animals for no reason" confession before I'd even gone on a hunting trip. I shouldn't be blamed for rabbits throwing themselves in front of my horse all the time!

Same, those rabbits have issues,...And that herd of ducks taking flight that got completely mowed down was an accident, even if it was amusing!

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Best spots for beaver and bison?

There are a shitload of Beaver and Muskrat at Owanjila Dam and its lake (also contains the Legendary Bass) just West of Strawberry.

Just skirt around the lake and you should see plenty of both. Cover Scent is nice for getting close, make sure you headshot Beavers with the Varmint to instakill them for the perfect pelt. There are also canoes that spawn around the lake and Beavers can be found swimming.

If you kill them while on a canoe I've found the game is generous in letting you pick up dead animals beside your boat without jumping in the water, as long as the corpse hasn't sunk. They seem to float for a minute and then sink so you have to make a bit of a rush for them at times.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Deified Data posted:

On my second playthrough and I robbed my first train that wasn't attached to a story mission. Think I made out with $15-$20 worth of stuff and got a bounty of $200 or more? Most unrewarding thing I've ever done in the game I think, and I've been mauled by a cougar.

Was it a freight train or you just got unlucky with passengers?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Holy poo poo the griefing is epic.

2 streamers lassoed a gal as she came out of the butcher vendor and hogtied her. From then they just kept lassoing, tackling, hogtie-Ing, throwing her in camp fires, etc etc... for 10 straight minutes.

Oof thats gonna be fun to deal with

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
Arthur in new Austin glitch still works. Doesnt surprise me, was only discovered recently

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

Oof thats gonna be fun to deal with

I quickly learned in RDR1 that the best multiplayer strategy is "always have your auto pistol/shotty equipped, and always unload it at anyone you see, before they do, always"

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

The server I've been on this morning seems to be full of people just trying to avoid each other. I haven't seen any griefing or even player on player aggression.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

So what's the multiplayer is it just gta5 online with cowboys or what

Pretty surprised they haven't put out like a trailer to explain it

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

popewiles posted:

The server I've been on this morning seems to be full of people just trying to avoid each other. I haven't seen any griefing or even player on player aggression.

Edit: I did hear someone coughing for the first ten minutes I was playing like he had consumption himself.

Oh god quote/edit fuckup

Nicodemus Dumps fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 27, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
All the player choice stuff looks really fun. Looking forward to playing the mustache twirling psychopath in my group

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I look forward to turning player interaction off and pretending it isn't online.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Other than griefing, what is there to do? Go hunting to craft upgrades? NPC bounty hunter missions? Random encounters?

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
Crafted saddles now apply the speed boost! Panther one is giving me all the bonuses of a fully tackled horse

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Gruckles posted:

You can still do most of them. The ones that are Arthur-only are Mary's chain, and then ones from chapter 6 that involve his change of perspective: Edith Downes, the Saint Dennis Priest & Nun, and I think the widow/Charlotte.

You can still do the widow missions as John, maybe only if you didn't meet her as Arthur though? Also if you beat up the zippy the pinhead guy in Van Horn as Arthur but don't do the followup you have to beat him up again as John.

Interested to know the actual details of the patch, I was going to try the Mexico/Guarma glitch to get some animals I missed and just explore a bit but I imagine they'd have patched that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh cool, I am one of the lucky Ultimate Edition owners without access to online. Thanks, Rockstar!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hatastrophe posted:

Crafted saddles now apply the speed boost! Panther one is giving me all the bonuses of a fully tackled horse

Oh this is good news. I better check out which saddles I have.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wasn't expecting there to be as much story stuff to do in the multiplayer, the missions look really cool. I'm watching a streamer do a bounty hunt mission - you get matched with randos (or presumably can do it with friends) and when they found the bounty everyone had the choice to kill or spare him, which the players voted on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Watching streams at work, did they speed up the running for PVP? Looks like it.

PVP looks kinda frustrating with lots of running and one shot kills.

Watching this guy, he was one of my favs for GTA online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2mkCBuedc

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Bardeh posted:

I wasn't expecting there to be as much story stuff to do in the multiplayer, the missions look really cool. I'm watching a streamer do a bounty hunt mission - you get matched with randos (or presumably can do it with friends) and when they found the bounty everyone had the choice to kill or spare him, which the players voted on.

What story stuff is there? Watching streams and it seems like nothing other than randomized bounties and whatnot and pvp in cities. Them pulling gambling out of the game is lazy af too, i guess we need to buy shark cards for that or something

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Hatastrophe posted:

Thank God. I can go back to using my bearskin saddle.

I'm on Survivalist challenge 9 for catching a fish that weighs at least 19 lbs, but I only have a few legendary fish left and I have to progress the story a ways to unlock them. Can I complete this with a non-legendary fish? So far the biggest muskie I've caught was .2 lbs shy of the requirement.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Slim Killington posted:

I look forward to turning player interaction off and pretending it isn't online.

From the looks of it you can't do that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Thank God. I can go back to using my bearskin saddle.

I'm on Survivalist challenge 9 for catching a fish that weighs at least 19 lbs, but I only have a few legendary fish left and I have to progress the story a ways to unlock them. Can I complete this with a non-legendary fish? So far the biggest muskie I've caught was .2 lbs shy of the requirement.

I caught a normal 22 lb sturgeon in the swamp right next to lagras so i think so?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Tercio posted:

Looooool

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WoodrowSkillson posted:

What story stuff is there? Watching streams and it seems like nothing other than randomized bounties and whatnot and pvp in cities. Them pulling gambling out of the game is lazy af too, i guess we need to buy shark cards for that or something

I just watched a pretty lengthy story mission with cut scenes and a plot twist and a moral choice that your group had to vote for.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

There was never going to be gambling online unless it was with some kind of currency that is completely untied to shark cards.

Tercio posted:

So they added the ability to permanently hogtie players and removed passive mode?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The gambling stuff being cut is probably because you'll be able to buy ingame money. And then it's practically gambling with real money and Rockstar needs to follow a ton of rules and regulations etc.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

There was never going to be gambling online unless it was with some kind of currency that is completely untied to shark cards.

So they added the ability to permanently hogtie players and removed passive mode?

Pretty sure passive mode is in. What I mean is you can't start a solo/private server as you can in GTA Online.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I just watched a pretty lengthy story mission with cut scenes and a plot twist and a moral choice that your group had to vote for.

I'm watching a guy start the online story and holy poo poo they did not even animate the characters facial expressions and it's another silent protagonist, so it's just you looking like an absolute idiot hahaha

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've seen a tip that says that galloping doesn't cost stamina with you tap X "on time" or something like that. Any idea what is the rhythm?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

I've seen a tip that says that galloping doesn't cost stamina with you tap X "on time" or something like that. Any idea what is the rhythm?

Its supposed to be in step with your horse galloping I think. I never got it down quite right and ended up losing stamina anyway.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

Ive never been able to find the mythical zero stamina rhythm but I find that tapping the button in time with the jangle of the spurs strikes a good balance between speed and energy.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Tercio posted:

Pretty sure passive mode is in. What I mean is you can't start a solo/private server as you can in GTA Online.

That's reassuring. The private server thing is a bummer but I suppose passive mode will help if you just want to gently caress off and shoot badgers.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

That's reassuring. The private server thing is a bummer but I suppose passive mode will help if you just want to gently caress off and shoot badgers.

I'm seeing now that passive is only active in your camp.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Welp, I beat Chapter 6 this morning. I got the ending where I just crawl off and watch the sunset after Micah and Dutch leave me after helping John escape. Is this the good ending?

I find it kinda funny that you even have the choice to go after the money at the end since Arthur spends most of Chapter 6 trying to convince Abigail and John to leave. Arthur knows he's dying, the hell is he gonna do with the money anyway?

Arthur was a great character. I really enjoyed playing him and seeing his arc. I mostly played him as a good guy and someone that was resigned to his fate at the end of the his story.
Looking forward to the next part!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh poo poo I forgot we get a free fast horse with the ultimate edition, that should make travelling much less painful online.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

re: horse stamina

hit the button in step with your horse hooves and "praise" your horse when its stamina bar dips a bit and it will jump back up to full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Ultimate was the $100+ one correct? I got the Special edition. When do I get to join the beta :smith: Gonna watch these streams. GTAO was incredible with friends. Then the paywall hit, it hit so hard. It essentially killed the entire momentum of the group of buddies who played GTAO with us.