Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ultimate was the $100+ one correct? I got the Special edition. When do I get to join the beta :smith: Gonna watch these streams. GTAO was incredible with friends. Then the paywall hit, it hit so hard. It essentially killed the entire momentum of the group of buddies who played GTAO with us.

you get access tomorrow

everyone will be in by friday

how do i group with goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ultimate was the $100+ one correct? I got the Special edition. When do I get to join the beta :smith: Gonna watch these streams. GTAO was incredible with friends. Then the paywall hit, it hit so hard. It essentially killed the entire momentum of the group of buddies who played GTAO with us.

Although I can imagine, what changed with the paywall? Wasn't it there from the beginning?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There aren't dedicated free aim lobbies

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

meatsaw posted:

Although I can imagine, what changed with the paywall? Wasn't it there from the beginning?

You're right, it was always there. I guess our biggest complaint was that there was nothing to do and everything cost millions of dollars. Then they added more ways to make money, only to increase the value of cars/items. With each new expansion you needed at least $1 million or more to even start the new money making missions. Bunker, CEO, blah blah. Had to spend money to make money. Then had to play in a public lobby to actually make big bucks. Public lobbies on PC are full of hackers and people who want to watch the world burn. So making money was quite literally a chore. Took HOURS. We hated it. Easiest way to get the money was to spend real world money.

Anyway, I just want fun stuff to do out in the west is all. I grinded all the way to lvl 100 in Red Dead 1 to get me that Zebra donkey. Even back then, that was somehow more enjoyable than what GTAO became in the end.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You're right, it was always there. I guess our biggest complaint was that there was nothing to do and everything cost millions of dollars. Then they added more ways to make money, only to increase the value of cars/items. With each new expansion you needed at least $1 million or more to even start the new money making missions. Bunker, CEO, blah blah. Had to spend money to make money. Then had to play in a public lobby to actually make big bucks. Public lobbies on PC are full of hackers and people who want to watch the world burn. So making money was quite literally a chore. Took HOURS. We hated it. Easiest way to get the money was to spend real world money.

Anyway, I just want fun stuff to do out in the west is all. I grinded all the way to lvl 100 in Red Dead 1 to get me that Zebra donkey. Even back then, that was somehow more enjoyable than what GTAO became in the end.

It's gonna be even worse in rdr2 it looks like.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Zuul the Cat posted:

Welp, I beat Chapter 6 this morning. I got the ending where I just crawl off and watch the sunset after Micah and Dutch leave me after helping John escape. Is this the good ending?.

Yes.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Buschmaki posted:

There aren't dedicated free aim lobbies

so i've been practicing for NOTHING

i assumed auto aim would be off entirely but i guess that just makes me an idiot

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they said rdo is gonna be way less grindy than gtao

i know we're all goon gamers here and it's kind of our thing but let's not jump to conclusions in the first five seconds of seeing online

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I just let a homesteader get murdered by bandits because I had just killed a black bear with a bow when the encounter started and I needed that 3 star pelt. While I was skinning I was thinking hold on buddy! But, I was too slow.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

rap music posted:

you get access tomorrow

everyone will be in by friday

how do i group with goons

https://discord.gg/jvcDvF

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Dogen posted:

I just let a homesteader get murdered by bandits because I had just killed a black bear with a bow when the encounter started and I needed that 3 star pelt. While I was skinning I was thinking hold on buddy! But, I was too slow.

There are far more needy homesteaders that 3 star bears.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Basic Poster posted:

There are far more needy homesteaders that 3 star bears.

I will always think of him when I wear my cougar cutaway coat, though.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Zuul the Cat posted:

Welp, I beat Chapter 6 this morning. I got the ending where I just crawl off and watch the sunset after Micah and Dutch leave me after helping John escape. Is this the good ending?

I find it kinda funny that you even have the choice to go after the money at the end since Arthur spends most of Chapter 6 trying to convince Abigail and John to leave. Arthur knows he's dying, the hell is he gonna do with the money anyway?

Arthur was a great character. I really enjoyed playing him and seeing his arc. I mostly played him as a good guy and someone that was resigned to his fate at the end of the his story.
Looking forward to the next part!

Arthur gets to die on his own terms

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

:arghfist::smith:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Tercio posted:

I used to think Rockstar's news droughts were a sign of marketing genius. Now I sort of feel like it's really a "oh gently caress, we are NOT ready for this" cry for help.

still falling on the side of this

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Gruckles posted:

You can still do most of them. The ones that are Arthur-only are Mary's chain, and then ones from chapter 6 that involve his change of perspective: Edith Downes, the Saint Dennis Priest & Nun, and I think the widow/Charlotte.

I found the widow last night as John, pretty sure I started the whole chain of events where you help her hunt and not die. She asked me to come back later once she's rested, so looks like that's accessible post story.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Capn Beeb posted:

I found the widow last night as John, pretty sure I started the whole chain of events where you help her hunt and not die. She asked me to come back later once she's rested, so looks like that's accessible post story.

If you do that one as Arthur, though, you can visit her as John and she'll actually be 8 yrs older. John tells her that he passed away and they have a nice chat. It's really sweet.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Epilogue/stranger mission question: Can you do the veteran quest chain as John? Because I got his kickass horse a few missions before the end of the main story, finished Chapter 6, and only then realized John doesn't get any of Arthur's horses.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
If I can't gamble and put my hat and horse as part of my bet then why bother

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cinematic camera auto-ride is in online

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The final weapons expert challenge owns. Now I can get back to progressing the plot.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

The Fool posted:

cinematic camera auto-ride is in online

excited about getting jarringly sniped off more horse as i dreamily ride past some new hanover vista

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I look forward to never being able to watch mission cutscenes because everyone else will vote to skip them.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Anyone else run into this bug? After finishing Guarma and getting back to Lemoyne I have two copies of the Lancaster Repeater. A worn version I picked up and my regular one. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I wasnt too annoyed when an hour had passed and I couldnt get online to work, but were over 6 hours in now, this is utterly ridiculous.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

I wasnt too annoyed when an hour had passed and I couldnt get online to work, but were over 6 hours in now, this is utterly ridiculous.

It took like a month for gtao to work right. Settle in.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone making a Red Dead Redemption Online topic? We gotta get a posse together because

Sadie's duster is $146.50 and requires rank 96.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Anyone else run into this bug? After finishing Guarma and getting back to Lemoyne I have two copies of the Lancaster Repeater. A worn version I picked up and my regular one. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Pretty sure its there forever unless you get that bug where your guns randomly disappear.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

rap music posted:

they said rdo is gonna be way less grindy than gtao

i know we're all goon gamers here and it's kind of our thing but let's not jump to conclusions in the first five seconds of seeing online

I dunno. A schofield revolver is 1,000 bucks online and I've only made 100 bucks so far playing the last 3 hours..... so unless money picks WAY up later they're probably being optimistic.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I assume everyone is going to be black women as usual

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I went hunting the legendary bison. And got a perfect cougar and on the way out an elk and was like legend of the east here i come. Went down the mountain and fought something like 30 goddamn wolves skinned none because gently caress wolves.

Get to camp

Legend of East needs a perfect wolf skin :goofy:

Im a moron

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao they just straight up inflated all the prices to enforce the grind. Hilarious that anyone thought it would be different than GTA Online. :allears:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Is poker in at all? I don't even care if it's not gambling with cash, make it valueless chips for all I care, I just want to play poker with my buds.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Any tolerable streamers out there? I hopped on twitch but got instantly annoyed by the streams I watched...

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i just realized that this game would be way better if you could put hats on your horse

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Is poker in at all? I don't even care if it's not gambling with cash, make it valueless chips for all I care, I just want to play poker with my buds.

There is no gambling in RDRO, possibly because they're rolling stuff out slowly for the beta, possibly because it would prevent them from selling cash cards to whales.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Roman Reigns posted:

Pretty sure its there forever unless you get that bug where your guns randomly disappear.

That's really loving dumb and irritating. Seriously considering replaying the last like 2 hours of the game so I don't have to scroll past this worn repeater every time.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 27, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DrNutt posted:

Lmao they just straight up inflated all the prices to enforce the grind. Hilarious that anyone thought it would be different than GTA Online. :allears:

Gotta sell those old timey shark cards somehow

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

DrNutt posted:

There is no gambling in RDRO, possibly because they're rolling stuff out slowly for the beta, possibly because it would prevent them from selling cash cards to whales.

God drat it. Hopefully it's the former but it's almost certainly the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Lack of passive mode means I won't be playing this I guess. Zero desire to be "content" for some malcontent with daddy issues.