Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a handicap match fair?
This poll is closed.
Yes it's fine for faces to have a numbers advantage. 4 2.94%
No it is wrong for heels to have a numbers advantage. 8 5.88%
What is the point? 46 33.82%
BECKY IS BACK ON SMACKDOWN TOMORROW! 78 57.35%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Has WWE released anybody lately?
Other than discipline/publicity issues or people requesting their releases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeKillam/status/1067256352949579776

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

So WWE going out and having Baron throw out the phrase "The Right/Wrong Side of history"
I don't expect better from this company...
Yet somehow my gut still feels punched.

There's been a few instances of wrestlers using coded alt-right terminology over the last 2-3 weeks. I have a feeling they've got a new writer in the back and he's a dick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rotinaj posted:

My question is this: was this Raw worse than the ZZ Top episode?

the king of the hill episode or did they ruin a RAW too

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

that results writeup legit sounds like a loving TNA show it's so bad

i dunno it sounds more like a random nitro from 2000 from reading death of wcw

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The Three Stooges ep is my gold standard for recent-ish suck

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Jerusalem posted:

Not even close.

Goddamn that ZZ Top episode.... :cripes:

I haven't been watching WWE very long. Is the ZZ Top episode legendary or something? Why was it so bad? Or is it boring bad, not exciting bad?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Captain Baal posted:

Is it just me or does Nia dip into Kermit the Frog occasionally?

Oh god, I cannot unhear it now watching that promo segment on Raw.

She has the worst voice for someone that's supposed to be big and intimidating.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

alpha_destroy posted:

I haven't been watching WWE very long. Is the ZZ Top episode legendary or something? Why was it so bad? Or is it boring bad, not exciting bad?
You know, I just started listnening to the Observer Radio that recaps this, and Bryan Alvarez starts ranting about how Summerslam's main event is going to feature Cena, Orton, and HHH and these guys are going up against each other for 80 millionth time. This was nine and half years ago and we've only just escaped that hell

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Was there a RAW hosted by loving Jon Heder and Don Jonson or am I just having a fever dream with that one

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Someone's gotta fill me in on the ZZ Top stuff, I can't imagine how that'd be bad. Did they not bring the car or something?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

She has the worst voice for someone that's supposed to be big and intimidating.
Eh, there's a good reason why Brock has someone else do the talking for him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Someone's gotta fill me in on the ZZ Top stuff, I can't imagine how that'd be bad. Did they not bring the car or something?

they kept showing up on pre-taped Segments on the titan tron every 5-10 minutes or so during the show and kept On saying "Mondey Nat Rall" multiple times per segment. the segments lasted 2-3 minutes each and there were more than 10 of them and they were all not even ironically funny or interesting in any way

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0s8UhezorY

lmao frank beard wanted absolutely nothing to do with this apparently

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0s8UhezorY

lmao frank beard wanted absolutely nothing to do with this apparently

Michael Cole's laughter makes this an entirely different level of horrible to watch. God drat, I had forgotten all about this poo poo show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

There's been a few instances of wrestlers using coded alt-right terminology over the last 2-3 weeks. I have a feeling they've got a new writer in the back and he's a dick.

Wait, is "The Wrong Side of History" now alt-right? Goddamnit we gotta keep a closer eye on our expressions...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Michael Cole's laughter makes this an entirely different level of horrible to watch. God drat, I had forgotten all about this poo poo show.

i'm a personal fan of dusty not even giving enough of a gently caress to mime playing the guitar with the music

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress you make z z top bad?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
every wwe attempt to pander to a wider demographic and get media attention is really sad

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

There's a big difference between calling someone a Nazi because you don't agree with them or said something problematic 10-15 years ago when everyone on the internet was a lot edgier but Lars was actively listening and enjoying music that is very pro-nazi. Like, "Kill all Jews" type of bad, not 90's Ice Cube bad.

Yeah I think if this was about Lars being scummy when playing a FPS as a kid, it'd be easy to forget. Not a good look but it was common to casually throw slurs nonsensically in a less sensitive time.

But when holocaust denial itself is a big no-no, I'm pretty sure saying the holocaust happened, it was good, and we should finish the job is way beyond the pale.

Rarity posted:

I'm pretty sure that used to be a (neo)liberal phrase. Did the alt-right co-opt it? I remember reading "the right side of history" and "reality has a liberal bias" all the time in the past.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

every wwe attempt to pander to a wider demographic and get media attention is really sad

Actually, the undertaker going to cavs game in full gear and meeting LeBron owns a lot

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Low Desert Punk posted:

Lol LeBron said "No thanks."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

sportsgenius86 posted:

Actually, the undertaker going to cavs game in full gear and meeting LeBron owns a lot

lebron refused to come out of the locker room to see them, lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

But when holocaust denial itself is a big no-no, I'm pretty sure saying the holocaust happened, it was good, and we should finish the job is way beyond the pale.

Maybe Lars just thought the lyrics were hilarious, just like how goons found that sign that went "ROMAN REIGNS IS A HOLOCAUST DENIER" hilarious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

goons found that sign that went "ROMAN REIGNS IS A HOLOCAUST DENIER" hilarious.

It was pretty funny

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I wish King of the Hill did a RAW episode, I tell ya h-what.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Maybe Lars just thought the lyrics were hilarious, just like how goons found that sign that went "ROMAN REIGNS IS A HOLOCAUST DENIER" hilarious.

sign guy loving up their footage of the terrible taker match was extremely hilarious in fact

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Andrast posted:

It was pretty funny

They found it so funny that they went "HA HA GASSING THE JEWS!"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

How the gently caress you make z z top bad?

Hand them guitars.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

lebron refused to come out of the locker room to see them, lol

they told him the most successful gimmick ever was outside and he said he didn't want to meet Skip Bayless

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VJeff posted:

Sweet merciful christ, that Raw reads like a parody.

It reminds me of how back in the day, when Raw was taped every other week, people would send in fake spoiler reports to news sites. My friend read two different spoiler write-ups for one Raw and believed the wrong one because "Bob Holly is now accompanied by a second, smaller Bob Holly" sounded way too unbelievable and stupid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm pretty sure that used to be a (neo)liberal phrase. Did the alt-right co-opt it? I remember reading "the right side of history" and "reality has a liberal bias" all the time in the past.

I could be wrong but I thought it was. The multiple instances of people going 'stop being so offended' definitely was though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

I could be wrong but I thought it was. The multiple instances of people going 'stop being so offended' definitely was though.

It's odd that they have the heels saying this, though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Aphrodite posted:

I need to see Braun come out at TLC in a cast then flex it off like the Rock in Fast 5.

Fast 7

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
After reading the recap, I'm actually pining for the days of the twenty minute Stephanie McMahon emasculation promos.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's odd that they have the heels saying this, though.

They once had Corey Graves, as a heel announcer, call Sami Zayn a Social Justice Warrior. Sami was the babyface in this scenario, because he was standing up to Steph, but, well, they make Sami look like a helpless idiot, so, draw your own conclusions.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

not yet but I'm hoping by next April several of them will be moving to The Young Bucks Present All In/All Out Elite Championship Wrestling

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

I feel like the last crop was like, Emma, Darren Young and Summer Rae?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

believed the wrong one because "Bob Holly is now accompanied by a second, smaller Bob Holly" sounded way too unbelievable and stupid.

Well, it was wrong. He was well over 400lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

not yet but I'm hoping by next April several of them will be moving to The Young Bucks Present All In/All Out Elite Championship Wrestling

jericho could make half of each episode of tuesday night dynamite a fozzy concert and it'd still be better than RAW