Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
According to people who communicate with her (former trolls turned handlers, don't get me started on how loving weird that is) she is in therapy and taking prescribed hormones.

She changed her name and gender legally some years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Panfilo posted:

The thing I always wondered is how much people online influenced the transition. From goon responses the consensus seems to be that she's genuinely trans, but she has always been a very impressionable person that has done things simply because people on the internet told her to.

If a person was in a state of mind that alternate dimensions exist and their tulpa is Sonichu then it doesn't seem like a stretch that the same people egging them on with other stuff could convince them that they have in fact been a girl the whole time.

So how do we tell? Has Christine been able to get any kind of services to help them transition? Are they affiliated or supported by the local trans community where they live?

This is a line of questioning not worth pursuing because all of the implications of any take are bad. Chris-chan ideally would be released back into the wild to wander the hills of Tennessee and teach the lore of Sonichu to the Bigfoot clan

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Panfilo posted:

The thing I always wondered is how much people online influenced the transition. From goon responses the consensus seems to be that she's genuinely trans, but she has always been a very impressionable person that has done things simply because people on the internet told her to.

If a person was in a state of mind that alternate dimensions exist and their tulpa is Sonichu then it doesn't seem like a stretch that the same people egging them on with other stuff could convince them that they have in fact been a girl the whole time.

So how do we tell? Has Christine been able to get any kind of services to help them transition? Are they affiliated or supported by the local trans community where they live?

Chris grew up with really bizarre gender identity stuff. Basically take an autistic person and coddle them as much as possible (to the extent of them never really working a job) because you can't stand the thought of your kid having to deal with any kind of difficulties in life, and you end up with someone whose entire personality and worldview is based on the entertainment they consume from isolation. Then make Internet trolls learn about them and poo poo goes south really fast.

I stopped paying attention to Chris like 6 years ago and just occasionally pop in to see if anyone died. She's only gotten stranger and crazier as the years have gone on and I'm seriously worried about what will happen when her mom dies.

Edit: I went on the Sonichu wiki and this was Chris's Thanksgiving message:

quote:

I’m Thankful and Blessed for:
1) I finally got Married, to not just one, but four: Magi-Chan Sonichu, Cryzel and Sylvana Rosechus, and the one and only Mewtwo. Destiny does work, and in crazy ways, sometimes. I Love my Guardian Angel, my Destined Gal, and two more smart psychics.

2) I became bestowed with the memories and soul of Scarlet, the CPU of Comma and the Commodore Consoles, and became a CPU, myself. All of the responsibilities and superpowers I am still getting better acquainted and knowing of. I do promise to do my best with my peers and allies.

3) My mother is still alive, healthy, strong and well. She Is Strong to handle all that unpacking, Finally.

4) New Family of Love with the Kittens that came in and gone, and the one that stayed; our purringly fun Sylvia.

5) I’m still alive, healthy, positive and optimistic.

6) We still have the house to reside in and keep us safe and warm.

7) The sincere, heartfelt kindness from most people of this world.

8) The arts and creations from myself and Everyone.

9) Good Music, and other Simple Things.

10) Last, but certainly Not Least, but the Best:

I am thankful for the many, many, many new acquaintances, friends, allies and family that I was able to meet, greet and get to know better of over the past year. And, slipping this in, as it is indeed how we All get closer to our own OCs and everyone else’s: I am thankful for the 1218 & C-197 Dimensional Merge in Progress. Do believe me, and keep the faith, and pray to the CPUs, please, because I do tell the truth about that.

There's no way this ends well.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Wasn't there a rule about not posting about chrischan stuff for awhile? God knows everything invlvoed with it is just sheer :gonk: forever from her to the trolls. Chrischan is a perfect example of how hosed up internet obsessions can be mainly for the people that would not leave her alone

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea that video I think was made before they transitioned, and I had no idea that it was official, so yes I should have used female pronouns.

A lot of bad poo poo was done to her once people realized she was really impressionable, but even before that the standing around holding signs looking for women without boyfriends with a very specific (and pretty racist) criteria predates everything.

It was fascinating looking at something that I missed and only knew through reputation, even thought I was on the forums at the time.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

AlbieQuirky posted:

(former trolls turned handlers, don't get me started on how loving weird that is)

It’s the thinnest of silver linings if a couple people found enough maturity to go from being mean to being friendly/helpful, although I wonder if it’s a misplaced sense of responsibility.

Chandler is hardly the first person to disappear into mostly harmless delusions, but she’s easily the most public among the first generation raised with the internet.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

pseudorandom posted:

:stonk: I wish I had died before I had the chance to see this.
:same:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
One of the weirdest things about the whole chrischan thing is that the founders of Kiwi Farms are incredibly loud internet tankies.

Because the revolution needs harassment of autistic trans women, I guess.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

AlbieQuirky posted:

According to people who communicate with her (former trolls turned handlers, don't get me started on how loving weird that is) she is in therapy and taking prescribed hormones.

She changed her name and gender legally some years ago.

Wow I had no idea. Glad she is getting some support.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Last I was paying attention Chris was a guy but was talking about how being a lesbian would increase his chances of getting laid because women would find him less threatening / more attractive that way, and that was the main issue that was really keeping him from getting laid.

Things have changed :stare:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I miss Dmitri the Lover

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Goddamnit I can't keep up with all these crossovers, the Sonichuverse is so expansive!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Decrepus posted:

I miss Dmitri the Lover

I think he's going to Prison for sending his Anti-Semitic newspaper to a wealthy Jewish neighborhood in Toronto. His HQ is now a flower shop.

Okay, now watching the Down The Rabbit Hole video about Time Cube. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh I didn't think i'd someone who makes Jordan Peterson look humble and well reasoned, but Gene Ray out does that.

text me a vag pic posted:

Goddamnit I can't keep up with all these crossovers, the Sonichuverse is so expansive!!

That reminds me, who made the Sonichu necklaces Chris-Chan always wore? They looked fairly well made, which I hate to say this but they looked outside of her ability to create.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

That reminds me, who made the Sonichu necklaces Chris-Chan always wore? They looked fairly well made, which I hate to say this but they looked outside of her ability to create.

That was all Chris.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I thought she was refused access to hormones? At least she doesn't have to buy them on the grey market. Well, good for her. Man her poo poo is so hosed up.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I need a CLEANSING WAVE

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My resume is also my best deviant art post.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Any resume or letter I get with "ain't" on it wins an instant vacation to the shredder.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pakistani politics posted:

I thought she was refused access to hormones? At least she doesn't have to buy them on the grey market. Well, good for her. Man her poo poo is so hosed up.

I looked and apparently she's legally changed her name and gender on her driver's license and has hormones from an informed consent clinic , but may not be taking T-blockers so they're doing basically nothing. Informed consent clinics require no meeting with a mental health provider before applying for the hormone treatment, just doing blood work to make sure your body can handle the treatment.

Considering that Chris tried cutting open an infected taint piercing to "grow a vagina" and warped views of gender roles and sexuality, I can understand why a mental health professional would have some concerns about exactly what's motivating Chris to transition.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

text me a vag pic posted:

I need a CLEANSING WAVE

You know what bugs me more than the Pony stuff? He's got his GPA on there. That's so arrogant. Also no one cares about that poo poo. The Pony stuff is enough for his resume to be ignored, but employers don't care if you got good grades in high school. Especially at a job where his CS skills would be required. A lot of lovely retail jobs require at least high school, but then at least they just want to know you completed it.

I know as well as anyone that its hard to get your resume noticed, but to get that attention you need has to have some veneer of professionalism, not showing your jerk it to cartoons. I'm not sure what that woman is trying to do with that resume, I don't see anything but her HEY I'M QUIRKY! with no information about her skills that would actually get her a job. Resumes need to be quick and easy to read, because employers have to shift through so many.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

chitoryu12 posted:

I looked and apparently she's legally changed her name and gender on her driver's license and has hormones from an informed consent clinic , but may not be taking T-blockers so they're doing basically nothing. Informed consent clinics require no meeting with a mental health provider before applying for the hormone treatment, just doing blood work to make sure your body can handle the treatment.

That's not exactly true; oestrogen works regardless of the presence of testosterone blockers, which is why so many professional wrestlers have bitch tits (because upping testosterone actually means more testosterone to synthesise to oestrogen! :eng101:)

That said, you'd be better off on anti-androgens as well, even if they do taste like rear end.

chitoryu12 posted:

Considering that Chris tried cutting open an infected taint piercing to "grow a vagina" and warped views of gender roles and sexuality, I can understand why a mental health professional would have some concerns about exactly what's motivating Chris to transition.
Okay, this is kinda hosed up, though.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I guess when you consider that the goal of treatment is to relieve dysphoria, it makes some sense to not take anti-androgens? I mean, if she feels better, mission accomplished.

It's so cheap and easy to take them though. Heck it would lower her blood pressure. Really nothing about Chris Chan makes sense, is what I am concluding.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Generally, I try to discourage Chrischanchat because it devolves into transphobia that doesn't even have anything to do with her particular brand of weirdness, if that makes any sense. I'm not saying said chat needs to stop, but just as a future note.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Only post chris chan stalkers itt. They're the real weirdos.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

You know what bugs me more than the Pony stuff? He's got his GPA on there. That's so arrogant. Also no one cares about that poo poo. The Pony stuff is enough for his resume to be ignored, but employers don't care if you got good grades in high school. Especially at a job where his CS skills would be required. A lot of lovely retail jobs require at least high school, but then at least they just want to know you completed it.

I mean, he's a high schooler and a resume is an attempt to 'sell' yourself, so its not like he has a ton to bulk it up. I can't blame him for it.

What's really bad is when they feel the need to include a 2.25 or 1.5 on a resume. Which I've seen some applicants do.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

Only post chris chan stalkers itt. They're the real weirdos.

Yeah, that right there is what always confused me most about the chris chan madness. Why, oh why, were there so many people absolutely obsessed with the whole thing? Like, it got into the territory of actual, literal stalking, didn't it? I never paid much attention to it but I remember some pretty heavy duty safari rule violations going on.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Now do ulillillia :allears:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, that right there is what always confused me most about the chris chan madness. Why, oh why, were there so many people absolutely obsessed with the whole thing? Like, it got into the territory of actual, literal stalking, didn't it? I never paid much attention to it but I remember some pretty heavy duty safari rule violations going on.

People were rummaging through the wreckage of his burned down house and showing off old spelling tests or something to prove they were there :psypop:

When this person dies her stalkers are gonna be digging up her remains to make into weeb reliquaries, mark my words.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

Generally, I try to discourage Chrischanchat because it devolves into transphobia that doesn't even have anything to do with her particular brand of weirdness, if that makes any sense. I'm not saying said chat needs to stop, but just as a future note.

Yea I only posted about it because I had not really heard the whole story, and I was just kind of blown away about how deep it went. Hopefully she can find happyness someday.

And not end up like Time Cube kid. Holy poo poo that was a dark turn.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Skeleton Ape posted:

Now do ulillillia :allears:

Ulilillia is unironically living his best life by any standards.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

computer angel posted:

Ulilillia is unironically living his best life by any standards.

I love that dude.

nailing this post tho

COOL DOOD OUT!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I only posted about it because I had not really heard the whole story, and I was just kind of blown away about how deep it went. Hopefully she can find happyness someday.

And not end up like Time Cube kid. Holy poo poo that was a dark turn.

Wait, what? I assumed the Time Cube guy was some old psycho.
What happened?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Dienes posted:

I mean, he's a high schooler and a resume is an attempt to 'sell' yourself, so its not like he has a ton to bulk it up. I can't blame him for it.

What's really bad is when they feel the need to include a 2.25 or 1.5 on a resume. Which I've seen some applicants do.

I don't see anywhere that it says the pony resume is a highschooler. It looks like someone who's graduated college which makes it even worse.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pakistani politics posted:

I guess when you consider that the goal of treatment is to relieve dysphoria, it makes some sense to not take anti-androgens? I mean, if she feels better, mission accomplished.

It's so cheap and easy to take them though. Heck it would lower her blood pressure. Really nothing about Chris Chan makes sense, is what I am concluding.

It’s better than what she was previously doing to become a woman. The taint ripping was the worst, but according to the Sonichu wiki it ranged from weird diet obsessions to hypnotism to vibrating bras.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Alterian posted:

I don't see anywhere that it says the pony resume is a highschooler. It looks like someone who's graduated college which makes it even worse.

You're right. I guess my unconscious was trying to protect me and refused to see that as a person in their goddamn 20s.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Honestly, she's a better artist than me. And fiction has already overtaken reality two years ago, so I think the joke's on us. :magemage:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, what? I assumed the Time Cube guy was some old psycho.
What happened?

Gene Ray was in his 60s when he put up TimeCube.

He had a disciple who was much younger, who committed suicide after Ray denounced him on TimeCube.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

The thing I hate about this most is that, if he removed all of the pony BS, this would actually be a pretty good resume. Like, he seems to have some good experience and would be a qualified candidate if he didn't literally print his resume on a red flag.

Fake edit: :wtc: This is actually a comment on the person who edited the resume (or maybe me?), but for a minute I thought he had included genitalia on the red pony on the bottom because of the censor on it. Either way, I feel like I'd still need to contact HR if this resume came near me, however qualified it may seem.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We got a resume at the other company for a graphic artist that was very flowery and pink, like a non-pony version of that one. She got hired based on her credentials, but she ended up being a bizarre womanchild who got let go within 2 weeks because she annoyed the entire staff so badly that people were literally hiding from her to avoid her talking to them.

When she got told that she wasn’t working out, she refused to leave for 2 hours demanding to know what she did wrong and running around asking other people what they didn’t like about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Please tell me someone responded, "The thing you're doing right now is what I don't like."