Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Put me in the "Mona is a bit much" crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

This is why I'm fine with it not being part of the next crossover.

We don't need this show tainted by the others.

Just pure, Beebo-loving fun.

Also Legends is having its own crossover event during Elseworlds week, with blackjack and hookers and itself, so it’s gonna somehow be even more hosed up than Elseworlds so I can’t wait.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Biffs voice was shockingly good.

I do love the message of the show and is so fitting for a ship full of misfits.

This is the Legend-verse as far as I'm concerned. This has become the only CW show that isn't filled with horrible toxic relationships people keep falling back into.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Oh, my god, is this my favourite show?

Is Legends of goddamned Tomorrow my favourite show?!?

“No shipping the inmates!”

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nora's pretty great. I think Ford and Routh are my favorite celeb couple and I've never seen them together outside of the show.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Arrow stuck in prison... grim dark, followed by grim dark and beatings.
Flash stuck in prison... grim dark, mopey... did lots of people just die?
Legends stuck in prison... Rosé and cake... oooh Nora's got a boyfriend! Nora's got a boyfriend!...

This shows is too good for this world. :D

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 27, 2018

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I really want Ollie to do a crossover episode on the Waverider. I think he’s due for some lighthearted fun.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
How many episodes until Biff runs into a manure truck?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Senerio posted:

How many episodes until Biff runs into a manure truck?

It's that or he buys a sports almanac, but loving up "Make like a tree" is probably as far as they'll go.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He'll probably suggest it at some point and Constantine will threaten him about it.

You'd think having a full sentient AI would be enough to justify the Waverider.

Ava's look when Mona said "I guess I can go back to law school, at least Harvard wants me" was pretty fantastic.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
This is the best of the CW shows by such a large margin.

Hemmingway: "So we won't be seeing that beast again"
Completely impassive F Scott Fitzgerald gesturing with a drink: "Then what's that?"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mortanis posted:

This is the best of the CW shows by such a large margin.

Hemmingway: "So we won't be seeing that beast again"
Completely impassive F Scott Fitzgerald gesturing with a drink: "Then what's that?"

Agreed, although I'm enjoying all of the shows a LOT right now. But Legends is literally miles above everybody else. Because it's miles above every other show ever created.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"I'm a grown-rear end superhero!" should be the new thread title, at least for a while

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

"I'm a grown-rear end superhero!" should be the new thread title, at least for a while

There needs to be a shot of then all wearing different superhero outfits and eating at that one burger place that seems to appear in each DCTV show. The name escapes me right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

There needs to be a shot of then all wearing different superhero outfits and eating at that one burger place that seems to appear in each DCTV show. The name escapes me right now.

Big Belly Burger

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Put me in the "Mona is a bit much" crowd.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Makes me scared for her character on Z-Nation, or just never show up again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I'm not a fan of Mona either. I don't like XS on Flash either. They both annoy me. But I'm a crotchety old man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

seaborgium posted:

It's that or he buys a sports almanac, but loving up "Make like a tree" is probably as far as they'll go.

They already did the "Make like a tree" joke last week where he did it right and Nate thought it sounded wrong.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

muscles like this! posted:

They already did the "Make like a tree" joke last week where he did it right and Nate thought it sounded wrong.

That's what I meant, they probably won't do much more than that.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
MAKE LIKE A TREE AND LEAVE!

...Oh, well that doesn't sound right...

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
Did anyone else think Nate's toast at the end was about the show itself?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This show is good, but I think Arrow has improved enough this season that it's back to being number 1. As much as I like flash and wacky hijinks on legends, I like me some grimdark action with Oliver Queen more; and it's a testament to how shabby last season was that Arrow dropped from first to last place for me.

Supergirl is in last place this season. I'm really struggling to bother with it. I'd go so far as to say Arrow > Titans > Legends > Black Lightning > Flash > Supergirl. I know Titans and BL technically aren't arrowverse but they might as well be.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 28, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I agree with Arrow. It's like they take all the CGI budget of Legends and spend it on stunts. Supergirl is just lovely chuds and while I enjoy watching them getting shot, it's not all that interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Supergirl has Sam Witwer and CHUDS getting dunked on constantly so I still enjoy it. Brainiac 5 needs to go though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I agree with Arrow. It's like they take all the CGI budget of Legends and spend it on stunts. Supergirl is just lovely chuds and while I enjoy watching them getting shot, it's not all that interesting.

Yeah the action scenes on Supergirl are really bland; and they've either decided to dramatically scale back on how powerful kryptonians are meant to be, or they're super bad at conveying it on screen. Smallville started in 2001 and despite the myriad problems of that show it did a much better job of conveying how powerful Clark is vs Supergirl with kara.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl has Sam Witwer and CHUDS getting dunked on constantly so I still enjoy it. Brainiac 5 needs to go though.

He's too cute to go. I like the character more than Winn who I always felt was very forced - he never really had a place in the show outside of the first season and they had to really stretch the character to force him into being relevant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

He's too cute to go. I like the character more than Winn who I always felt was very forced - he never really had a place in the show outside of the first season and they had to really stretch the character to force him into being relevant.

Eh, just doesn't work for me and I loved Wynn and Alex's dynamic.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Forgot to mention that I actually think that Nora on Flash is way more grating than Felicity ever was and she is single handedly dragging the show down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

Forgot to mention that I actually think that Nora on Flash is way more grating than Felicity ever was and she is single handedly dragging the show down.

Every week she will find something new to be upset about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Norah is awful and needs to GO.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just so we're straight:

Flash Nora - Bad
Legends Nora - Good
Mona - Could go either way...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Just so we're straight:

Flash Nora - Bad
Legends Nora - Good
Mona - Could go either way...

I agree with points 1 and 2. Mona is a character I currently like, but she's also the sort of character who could become annoying if they overuse her or lean too far into the quirky.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I agree with points 1 and 2. Mona is a character I currently like, but she's also the sort of character who could become annoying if they overuse her or lean too far into the quirky.

I'm in the same boat. She's been great interacting with the monsters and Gary, and Ava and Nora as a triple act, they just need to keep her ditziness in check. And for what it's worth she did feel like she grew and developed over the episode. I have faith in everyone on this show to make it work, so I'm not overly worried like some people itt are.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Had to google Nora to find out if the same character has been moonlighting on Flash and now I'm disappointed Legends didn't drop a "schway" before now

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Joe Chill posted:

Did anyone else think Nate's toast at the end was about the show itself?

His bit where he's like "enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause it could be over at any moment?" Yeah, that and all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arrow still has a long way to climb out of the Diaz Hole for me.

Though of the 3 secret government organzations on the Arrowverse shows, the Time Bureau is by far the most competent. The DEO and ARGUS both are a bunch of chumps. Ava would not have let Diaz or Agent of Liberty get away. hell GARY wouldn't have done that.

I've had a few of my LGQTB friends asks me about Legends because apparently its been showing up on Gay culture sites lately as a "show to watch if you wanna see shows that are hella gay" and I've been confirming yes, it is.

They asked me because i won't shut up about how good it is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Though of the 3 secret government organzations on the Arrowverse shows, the Time Bureau is by far the most competent. The DEO and ARGUS both are a bunch of chumps. Ava would not have let Diaz or Agent of Liberty get away. hell GARY wouldn't have done that.

Gary absolutely would. He's a walking disaster attached to a big heart and an even bigger smile.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

uhh what?!

Next week’s killer doll episode of Legends of Tomorrow will include a surprise appearance from Paul Reubens as Pee-wee Herman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I love the episode titles on this show.