Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

Why chaoslord? They seem to be mostly sideline-prodding people on safe issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Eh, I don't really consider 3P Survivors the enemy and I believe Max. It would be Hawke.

So your Hawke suspicion is mostly (just mostly) based on Hal's flip, but what about HAWKE's play?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

So your Hawke suspicion is mostly (just mostly) based on Hal's flip, but what about HAWKE's play?

Hawke is not someone I can read in that way. Because his whole gimmick is a show, everything always looks faked.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

REGGAE PARADE posted:

Why chaoslord? They seem to be mostly sideline-prodding people on safe issues?

I feel the way they're prodding is more early game town shitposting than lurking. I'm bad at reading people though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I didn't realize clord was in this game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I think nat20 should claim. Or at least share who asiina targeted

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hello my name is Asiina and I like pretty ribbons in my hair and I want to kiss all the boys.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
As Natural 20 is a replacement, he is immune from being put on notice for today!

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 27, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Hello my name is Asiina and I like pretty ribbons in my hair and I want to kiss all the boys.

Especially that hot rear end Natural 20 dude.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
What a terrible thing to have happened to us and Asiina. I'm logged on and will commence the posting sequence.

B- seems to be advocating for a lot of really terrible play and even scum claiming. I'm not sure if you can call it ironic or a joke on Day 2. Like that's either scum or we have another jester role like the mega mans and B- is desperate to get lunched. Including the calling people scum and taking it back immediately it reminds me of what that other person did to get lunched, vote and unvote repeatedly, but more subtle.

Nep-Nep posted:

First you claim you believe Sal but make no alignment call. In your followup post you indicate a theory as to how it's possible Sal might not be lying, then claim you do believe Sal is probably town. You hedging? By posting and highlighting your own tinfoil theory it comes off to me like you're curious, sure, but just kinda spitballing content that isn't provable and therefore hard to justify engaging with.

I just mentioned it a couple of times because there were 10+ posts about the masonry and Sal and those things are actually distracting when all signs point to nothing shady happening. Sal has a history of playing the game in odd ways (imo). I've also played a lot of games where Town convinces themselves of one thing and never returns to it. I think Sal is town but if odd things start to happen or we miss scum a lot I think we should return to examine Sal, like another double kill night basically. I think that your post was basically contentless and you added nothing and made no assertion about my alignment, and Hawke rightfully comments on that here:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

was there a point to this post or?

So that's kinda susp for reasons that Nep Nep has mentioned.

My top town pick I think is AA for nearly getting himself mod killed but also communicating about the Masonry so frankly. Seems like a town thing to do.

I think the Reggae and AA back and forth is more likely to have scum on Reggae side of things than AA. AA's been an easy push in the past for the statements he makes and the lack of reasoning he shows, but I think AA is town this time.

I do think that Asiina's play so far looks like scum play but her being busy can also account for that.

Town lean AA, Sal

Scum lean Nep Nep, Reggae, Asiina/Nat 20.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m waiting for someone to claim odd rolecop

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I hope no one claims that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I’m waiting for someone to claim odd rolecop

Why are you like this :U?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think the meta that I don't provide reasons is bunk. Ernie acting like my day 1 suspicion was unfounded when all other day 1 suspicion was identical is the flimsiest of arguments.

However, I do like his back and forth some today, and I don't think he's scum. SO, reggae, I'm sorry, but I'll have to disengage from you at this time. You can think me scummy for it if need be, but until further notice, I'd just be stuck on a tunnel and that's not fun.

Anyhow, I explain plenty!

:colbert:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
cahoslord reads a bit scummy To Me but I mean I asked him if he was scym and he said he wasn’t so what are you going to do :smugdon:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I already had feelings about Asiina along with Clord, this is something I voiced in the masonry.

I can't copy paste, but:

AA: Man, Assiina and clord sure look weird with their broken quote votes, and lack of any reasoning AT ALL.
(side note: why wasn't this suspect erndog?)

Max: I'm more surprised by KB on the vote.

AA: :hmmyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think the meta that I don't provide reasons is bunk. Ernie acting like my day 1 suspicion was unfounded when all other day 1 suspicion was identical is the flimsiest of arguments.

However, I do like his back and forth some today, and I don't think he's scum. SO, reggae, I'm sorry, but I'll have to disengage from you at this time. You can think me scummy for it if need be, but until further notice, I'd just be stuck on a tunnel and that's not fun.

That's fair, there are plenty of town slap fights. However, as scum though I've knownly dug myself in thinking it might come across as a slap fight (With little to no effectiveness, so that's kind of a moot point).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I agree with AA that reggae’s posts are much better today. But if he’s town, then that destroys my hal/reggae/asiina/nep scumteam narrative and im not sure I can deal with that right now

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I want to see Nat20 post more, but Nat20 is always scum so surely this will have to be dealt with.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also can confirm what AA posted.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Max posted:

I want to see Nat20 post more, but Nat20 is always scum so surely this will have to be dealt with.

I haven't been scum in aaaaaaaaaaaages.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

I haven't been scum in aaaaaaaaaaaages.

That meme is well and truly dead.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I could probably be talkeD into a Neo Nep vote once we have eliminated the Burgundy menace

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I don't have a firm grasp on when KB is acting scummy or not tbh so I'd have to trust other reads there. A lot of KB's posting is just :lofty: statements and votes that I find somewhat incomprehensible but end up being decently well reasoned later. (Because he likes playing word games and actually setting traps rather than playing the good town strat of just being honest.)

About CLord. Reading through just CLords post and it looks extremely low content effortless posting. Could easily be scum, but also remedied by just CLord coming back and posting real reads and opinions on stuff. I think that the posting so far is scummy outside of anything else.

Chaoslord just post, lets see what thoughts you have.

chaoslord posted:

##vote sal

This is an okay place to start, why vote Sal? Whats the reasoning?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I don't have a firm grasp on when KB is acting scummy or not tbh so I'd have to trust other reads there. A lot of KB's posting is just :lofty: statements and votes that I find somewhat incomprehensible but end up being decently well reasoned later. (Because he likes playing word games and actually setting traps rather than playing the good town strat of just being honest.)

About CLord. Reading through just CLords post and it looks extremely low content effortless posting. Could easily be scum, but also remedied by just CLord coming back and posting real reads and opinions on stuff. I think that the posting so far is scummy outside of anything else.

On Me: Couldn't disagree more. I strive for honesty at all times, regardless of my team, it is what I always shoot for. It's true, as part of my current meta I hold some reads back and am not constantly posting every little thought in the early game when I try to stay in the middle of the posting pack, but I don't think that falls into what you are describing. The closest I come is if say I'm a town cop and have to find a case on someone I got scum results on so as not to reveal. Really not sure where you are getting that. When we had our big tiff in the last game, you were the one that seemed to be playing word games.

On Clord: Looked to me like he was just making a policy vote on someone who did something not great there. Which means, as far as I can tell, he has yet to make a real vote, similar to Asiina/Nat20.

---

Speaking of voting. Why are people so hesitant to vote? It feels like everyone is holding their breath and waiting to see which way the wind blows. Which is not great. Would be nice if people started putting themselves on the record. We don't always need to wait for a deadline scramble.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^i was thinking the same thing.

##vote nat20

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This player is a member of the scum team. Name them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdmOVejUlI

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I thought the meta joke was Asiina replaces when she rolls scum. I've seen people joke about it in other games. I apologize for stepping over the line. I like Asiina so don't want this to sour anything.

I feel really bad.

Asiina's meta is also that she is very much in the "Dont accuse people of faking emotions, etc" camp. ##unvote

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

^^i was thinking the same thing.

##vote nat20

TRY THAT AGAIN SCUMBO.

##vote b-minus

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm just going to call everyone scum forever and not feel bad about it.

You're all scum, change my mind.

In all seriousness, I dont have any good reads and need to reread. Asiina, clord and flerp were my best reads and flerp was town, asiina replaced and clord is pseudo present now... seems typical clord though meaning null tells all the way down.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

I can make up reads if you want but I'll level with you that I haven't paid much attention about what's going on so I won't have a lot of real stuff for you. I hopped onto "vote with max d1" since I was still busy with holidays and haven't put much effort in except opening the thread and skimming. Got another game with a deadline tonight which is all I should say about that since it is ongoing.

About my only actual thought about the game is that ASF is probably town for calling me town. I've been lurking/crapposting/both this game, I would say no one should have a strong town read on me. Scum wouldn't throw my name out as a top town read because it should have gotten :wtf: reactions from people. Ernie/b- calling ASF out was natural, probably should have been more than that (maybe I missed it). Sal saying he didn't remember I was in the game is hilarious seeing as I had just voted him literally two posts before his apology.

Policy voted Sal for being a jerk which I thought would be clear but I guess not, my fault on that.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

In all seriousness, I dont have any good reads and need to reread. Asiina, clord and flerp were my best reads and flerp was town, asiina replaced and clord is pseudo present now... seems typical clord though meaning null tells all the way down.

vote kb then

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That's fair. I feel like I'm getting better about posting more in the early game, and my posts per game are going up... but I also was starting from a 40 post per game average so, you know, still got a ways to go about that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay I pressed reply when I saw CLord's new post.

King Burgundy posted:

On Clord: Looked to me like he was just making a policy vote on someone who did something not great there. Which means, as far as I can tell, he has yet to make a real vote, similar to Asiina/Nat20.

Blah blah blah don't give people excuses or answer for them. (Ironic coming from me right?)

chaoslord posted:

Policy voted Sal for being a jerk which I thought would be clear but I guess not, my fault on that.

Faaaaaaaaaair, and the being busy stuff basically checks out.

But if you were going to policy vote anyone though wouldn't it be the literal scum claimer? I guess B- is confirmed town then. Being unfun to play with is worse than being a bad player though, so I generally agree.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

Sal saying he didn't remember I was in the game is hilarious seeing as I had just voted him literally two posts before his apology.

Your vote is what made me remember. I deserved that vote so not holding it against you nor do I think it's indicative of your alignment one way or the other.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I'm going to leave a vote on ##vote B- just for this cause it's annoying and if B- really is scum I'm not getting owned like this:

b-minus1 posted:

I’m scum

But I have my eyes on Reggae Parade and Nat20, Nep Nep, for reasons that I've already stated.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I'm going to leave a vote on ##vote B- just for this cause it's annoying and if B- really is scum I'm not getting owned like this:

But I have my eyes on Reggae Parade and Nat20, Nep Nep, for reasons that I've already stated.

:silent:

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

As usual this is a misrepresentation of what I said. I didn't say your suspicion was unfounded. Here's literally my post on D1 about your posts on D1:

REGGAE PARADE posted:

I could also be convinced that Amalgam could be scum, based on their whole 'yeah I'm cool with anyone being scum for any reason' posting

Seems like very forced nonchalant scumhunting where it's just yes-anding instead of adding their actual opinion.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I watch a lot of troll level Mario Maker videos and sometimes the obvious thing is the way to go despite everything going against it. I think it would be weird to openly claim to be scum for really no reason. I don't know. I'm going to park a vote on B- right now, will evaluate as things go on.

##vote B-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I agree with AA that reggae’s posts are much better today. But if he’s town, then that destroys my hal/reggae/asiina/nep scumteam narrative and im not sure I can deal with that right now

I don't understand how you can seriously play with a narrative like that. Trying to link a whole scum-team on Day 1.5 is just careless and lazy? :P

I could probably be talkeD into a Neo Nep vote once we have eliminated the Burgundy menace

that’s right I chose to ugnore anything that was posted while I was in cryostasis. two points I would make though are:

1) it’s interesting, To me, that flipped Scum Hal tried to push me yesterday and now scumteam are continuing that streategy
Two) your conclusion about me saying ‘what About KB relies’ on you being town, which seems p unlikely at this Point

This is your case on KB? That KB voted you after Hal voted you?

• Locked thread