Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So what Im hearing is... RD O will maybe be good, in about a year or two, when they get their heads out their asses about dumb poo poo and QoL stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Anyone know where to pick up the online bonus stuff from the ultimate edition? I just finished the first mission/got my camp.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
It's going to be rough for the first year, then amazing for the second year, then eventually terrible garbage in year three when they put in rocket trains and laser pistols and horse-mounted gatling guns to keep people playing it. If GTAO is any indicator, that is.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just gotta keep an ear to the thread to make sure you don't miss any exploitable methods of quick cash before they nerf them so you have to buy shark bison cards.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

buncha Surly Joes in this thread

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

El Jebus posted:

Just gotta keep an ear to the thread to make sure you don't miss any exploitable methods of quick cash before they nerf them so you have to buy shark bison cards.

Oh god, now I have to actually pay attention to this thread.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Slim Killington posted:

It's going to be rough for the first year, then amazing for the second year, then eventually terrible garbage in year three when they put in rocket trains and laser pistols and horse-mounted gatling guns to keep people playing it. If GTAO is any indicator, that is.

It was pretty jarring but also hilarious when I logged back into GTAO last month for the sole purpose of unlocking the RDR2 weapons and jumped into a mission and everyone but me immediately jumped onto their rocket bikes and flying Deloreans and just destroyed the target effortlessly in like a minute while I just watched.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I kinda hate that RDRO uses the honour system and has decisions you vote on during the missions. I prefer not to be a jerk (yes, I know its a game about outlaws) so having the team decide to take a bribe from a con man and being deemed dishonourable because of other peoples decisions is irritating. Also, need passive mode back as was said earlier.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 27, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Anime_Otaku posted:

I kinda hate that RDRO uses the honour system and has decisions you vote on during the missions. I prefer not to be a jerk (yes, I know its a game about outlaws) so having the team decide to take a bribe from a con man and being deemed dishonourable because of other peoples decisions is irritating,

I mean yeah but you are the company you keep, in sp too

edit: also irl

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

So what I’m hearing is... RD O will maybe be good, in about a year or two, when they get their heads out their asses about dumb poo poo and QoL stuff.

lol non-gta online player spotted. Rockstar never fixes anything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

lol non-gta online player spotted. Rockstar never fixes anything.

Wrong they fix money exploits so people will have to buy shark gator cards.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

this is real rough without passive mode or a solo lobby. trying to stay one step ahead of the angry mob keeps me on my toes but makes basic poo poo like going to town to unload pelts a massive pain in the rear end. I rode halfway across the map to sell my poo poo only to find two dudes shooting up the place and camping the story mission there

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Rdr online is already good

And I like it, it'll be fun when friends who didn't spend too much can get in

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
People complain about the lack of passive mode, but lassoing and roadhauling a random person through town who is asking you politely to please stop while your friends all shoot their guns in the air and then fistfighting them is very fun and cowboy-y

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Just wait until the hackers show up and you start getting cross map lasso'd

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Holyeeee sheeeeeeit!!!! Emerald Ranch gonna have a boss in the online version....looks like its gonna take the rare rolling block with explosive shells for this oval office

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I want the coat that Sadie wears in the epilogue, damnit

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dogen posted:

I want the coat that Sadie wears in the epilogue, damnit

Its in apparently

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Mandrel posted:

Its in apparently

level 96 and pretty expensive

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Holy poo poo suvivalist challenge 1 can eat my rear end I've caught like 20 Rock bass, 15 chain pickers, 10 perch, and 2 loving bluegill, this is loving stupid

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Red Dead Online is going to be a massive loving joke if this is what they have to offer. The missions and such are actually kind of neat but Rockstar's greed is so painfully obvious it colors the whole experience. Not only have they jacked up the prices way beyond anything reasonable compared to the single player counterparts, but they've gone the other way and massively reduced the amount of money you get from robbing/looting (I was getting 8 cents from most corpses lol) BUT they also massively lowered the amounts you get from selling items to a fence.

This is a game designed first and foremost to encourage people to spend real money for cosmetic items and in game advantages over other players, and they aren't being shy about it at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DrNutt posted:

Red Dead Online is going to be a massive loving joke if this is what they have to offer. The missions and such are actually kind of neat but Rockstar's greed is so painfully obvious it colors the whole experience. Not only have they jacked up the prices way beyond anything reasonable compared to the single player counterparts, but they've gone the other way and massively reduced the amount of money you get from robbing/looting (I was getting 8 cents from most corpses lol) BUT they also massively lowered the amounts you get from selling items to a fence.

This is a game designed first and foremost to encourage people to spend real money for cosmetic items and in game advantages over other players, and they aren't being shy about it at all.

Look, things will be different this time :v:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Incredibly, it's still a better experience than Fallout 76

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Holy poo poo suvivalist challenge 1 can eat my rear end I've caught like 20 Rock bass, 15 chain pickers, 10 perch, and 2 loving bluegill, this is loving stupid

Bluegill like worms and kieran i think will take you to a spot with a ton

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The online gamemodes are fun but I wish there was a way to choose the gamemode or number of teams. In a playlist of 16 people there should not be 8 teams and one of those teams shouldn't have 4 people while every other team is someone solo or a pair

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

DrNutt posted:

But people play online for months or years. Single player campaign people only play for a few weeks. They need to give players incentive to keep playing and keep the size of the player base healthy. As long as there's no items that can only be purchased with real money that give players a gameplay advantage, I think it won't so bad. Plus they're probably going to tweak the economy. It makes more sense to start low and increase payout as needed, instead of starting too high and decreasing it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Wrong they fix money exploits so people will have to buy shark gator cards.

lol no they didn't, they just fixed the ones you know about.

I'm here to watch goons not learn lessons they had five years to pick up on.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

ChocNitty posted:

But people play online for months or years. Single player campaign people only play for a few weeks. They need to give players incentive to keep playing and keep the size of the player base healthy. As long as there's no items that can only be purchased with real money that give players a gameplay advantage, I think it won't so bad. Plus they're probably going to tweak the economy. It makes more sense to start low and increase payout as needed, instead of starting too high and decreasing it.

I think you can buy guns early with gold and yoou can take your personal guns into almost every competitive gamemode. I know that having an early ultimate edition pump action is loving broken

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I never played GTAO and I am really excited about RDO.

Im chalking all this bitching up to Goons hamming up issues that do exist.

No gambling is a bummer. I really wanted to lose a hand and then call the winner a cheater and blast him with a sawed off.

It was cathartic as gently caress doing that while grinding gambler 4.

Escaping the law and sneaking back into the post office to pay the bounty off was a nice little break from grinding.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Who said you can only have full outfits in RDR Online? Just in selecting your initial outfit you pick out the parts you want.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
If they did real gambling with poker it would have to closeout viewing the game from anyone but the players and then there's always the possibility of an account hack. Additionally, whats to stop someone from controlling multiple players joining a single game?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
least cynical answer: poker will be added once they've figured out the economy balance

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Grapplejack posted:

Just wait until the hackers show up and you start getting cross map lasso'd

hey just wanted to let you know that this game isn't on pc.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
If people are playing poker can i lasso them

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The feud parlay system seems loving dope anyone encountered it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zaa Boogie posted:

Who said you can only have full outfits in RDR Online? Just in selecting your initial outfit you pick out the parts you want.

It was a miscommunication, the person was talking about how you can't piece out set outfits. Not that you couldn't pick and chose clothes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Does online unlock for folks that played it on launch at midnight EST tonight? I just wanna see the cool dress up options :haw:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Does online unlock for folks that played it on launch at midnight EST tonight? I just wanna see the cool dress up options :haw:

From what I've seen it's 8:30am EST tomorrow.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm starting to think we won't get to go to Tahiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is their a gang system like in gtao? Like are we gonna be The Goon ol boys?