Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

This is Urkel Spitoon, and he's ready to get up to some mischief.

i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

I just wanna remind you that Rockstar openly advertised a stock market in GTA Online that still has not released five years later.

Who gives a gently caress about stock market they added flying deloreans and player owned nightclubs with a full insane dancing minigame

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I sent much more time on the RDO character generator than is valid for any beta online game, but I think mine came out pretty cool looking.
Look out you dirty sum beotches. I'm a cumin for ya!

Make sure you yell out “PAN SHOT!” every time your armor gets dinged.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

he'll lick your toes for 25c

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

has anyone considered if the game is fun to play or not?

if you're playing the game to stack your cash instead of having a good time with all the multiplayer content they just dumped on (the royal) you, it's probably gonna be an insanely unfun chore

last night I had a blast playing for a few hours and didn't even notice I had made $100 until I was about to turn in

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

rap music posted:

not that i saw, so I deleted my dude and made a new one a couple minutes in

Dang, I'll lose my forty dollars

O no!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Spent all morning getting into an out of the same massive deathmatch game, or at least I think it was because it had a lot of the same people, including a guy dressed as...Daddy Christmas

https://twitter.com/Shewhedd/status/1067767741111828480

I've also seen people in just dungarees and they look like psychopaths

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't wait to get through work today so I can play online. Will try to create my character at least during my lunch break.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

I said come in! posted:

Can't wait to get through work today so I can play online. Will try to create my character at least during my lunch break.

You're going to need more than just a lunch hour for that. I want to base my next character off Richardson from HBO's Deadwood.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

HORMELCHILI posted:

Who gives a gently caress about stock market they added flying deloreans and player owned nightclubs with a full insane dancing minigame

The single player stock market was 100% scripted. Forget shark cards, they just had no idea how to actually make it work

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

The specific context of the conversation was asking if they’d ever add gambling mini games to RDO, which they never did to GTAO despite announcing them. But continue about your nightclubs that cost the equivalent of $150 of real-world money or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You're going to need more than just a lunch hour for that. I want to base my next character off Richardson from HBO's Deadwood.

I miss Deadwood a lot and want to watch that show again.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Looted over a hundred bucks from a treasure chest and got disconnected. Sure hope it's still there when I log back in.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I miss Deadwood a lot and want to watch that show again.

They just went into production for the movie, friend.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Roman Reigns posted:

They just went into production for the movie, friend.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm rdy to grief ppl while they are hunting and fishing till they quit after work today.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

I sent much more time on the RDO character generator than is valid for any beta online game, but I think mine came out pretty cool looking.
Look out you dirty sum beotches. I'm a cumin for ya!

This, but more like....

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

zooted heh posted:

I'm rdy to grief ppl while they are hunting and fishing till they quit after work today.

I’m gonna fish to lure people in while my buddy waits in the bushes

Oh wait you literally can’t hide in online with the minimap huh, bummer

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I just checked my bank statement to find out when I bought the game and it was on the first. Crushed I can’t play until Friday.

Online looks hilarious and fun as hosed based on my three hours watching twitch last night.

Is there a discord for gooning it up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Online, is there an NPC to give you just missions to take out bandit camps? I got through the tutorial and created my character at least. That wasn't so bad. :) I like Online so far, but it needs an auto match making feature so you don't have to write to NPCs each time.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TDPXVeXMrg

Got targeted by an assassination, by someone who I had never interacted with, while I was shopping, so my viewpoint stayed locked onto the shopkeeper for the duration and I couldn't do anything. Thanks Rockstar!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The wrinkles are super glitchy. So if you log in and find your 24 year old looks like they're 50, it isn't something you missed during character creation. They just like to pop up. My character's chin seemed to have disappeared too.

Video games!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Jimbot posted:

The wrinkles are super glitchy. So if you log in and find your 24 year old looks like they're 50, it isn't something you missed during character creation. They just like to pop up. My character's chin seemed to have disappeared too.

Video games!

This bug is an exact carryover from GTAO. We all logged in one week to find our characters had saggy leather Florida retiree skin.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oof thats not a fun bug.

The assassination one not the wrinkles. Wrinkles is hilarious

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Most of my online experience so far has been getting gunned down (and gunning down) people wandering around in the wilderness. I tried a large scale TDM but it only really confirmed that competitive multiplayer with R*'s clunky-rear end controls is never gonna be much fun. The missions seem fun though, with the choices at the end, and there's plenty to do all over the place.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
How many prestiges does it take to get the buffalo mount?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Any reason to want good or bad karma in online? Do you get the discounts with good karma?

Bardeh posted:

Most of my online experience so far has been getting gunned down (and gunning down) people wandering around in the wilderness. I tried a large scale TDM but it only really confirmed that competitive multiplayer with R*'s clunky-rear end controls is never gonna be much fun. The missions seem fun though, with the choices at the end, and there's plenty to do all over the place.

I did some King of the Castle event which was just 30 people all killing eachother and all I had to show at the end was a few bucks and all of my repeater ammo gone.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
ill probably wait a few months before super getting into Online

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh, also I was wondering around and found some random dude by the roadside. You could pay 2 gold bars to get full negative Karma from him, so it must have some sort of appreciable gameplay impact. There are also some cosmetic things that appear to only be for sale for Gold, like braided horse tails.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I said come in! posted:

In Online, is there an NPC to give you just missions to take out bandit camps? I got through the tutorial and created my character at least. That wasn't so bad. :) I like Online so far, but it needs an auto match making feature so you don't have to write to NPCs each time.

i've gotten bandit camps from quest givers, as well as coming across a few in the wild

you can even wander into a camp being cleared by someone else and get credit for it

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Aishan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TDPXVeXMrg

Got targeted by an assassination, by someone who I had never interacted with, while I was shopping, so my viewpoint stayed locked onto the shopkeeper for the duration and I couldn't do anything. Thanks Rockstar!

Sending hits after people hanging out in menus is one of the greatest parts of gtao and I'm so happy to hear it's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0K0lO0u0o

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
You know how sometimes when you're out hunting in single player and before you can get your pelts back to the trapper, you get ambushed by a cougar or a gang and get killed out of nowhere and lose all your pelts? Now imagine trying to do that and there are other human players who know exactly how frustrating it is to be killed when you have pelts on your horse, and they're happy to camp out by a vendor and one shot anyone who comes strolling up to sell their poo poo.

A whole bunch of poo poo in online isn't going to be fun until there's private lobbies. I got through a bunch of the missions yesterday, but the first time I tried to play the story missions that start in Blackwater, there were a couple of assholes just camping out by the mission giver and shooting anyone who got near.

The actual missions are kinda lame but the ones with choices at the end are a fun idea. I played one where the choice was split 2/2 and the game had to tiebreak it for us.

Anyone who thinks you get a fair amount of money for doing things right now compared to how much things cost is a crazy person. I played for five or six hours yesterday and got through apparently more than 50 percent of the story missions they have to offer and I still don't have enough money to buy a shotgun. I could buy a varmint rifle for hunting, but see above on why I'm not willing to do that. However the expanded clothing selection online is nice, and the cosmetic stuff for the most part is priced a bit better than the guns so you don't have to go bankrupt buying a hat.

This very clearly isn't a "beta" though and lol at anyone falling for rockstar's marketing on that.

e: You can already see the division popping up in this thread between people hoping to engage with the actual online systems and the people who think it's the highest form of entertainment to be wet blankets and ruin everyone else's fun.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DrNutt posted:

You know how sometimes when you're out hunting in single player and before you can get your pelts back to the trapper, you get ambushed by a cougar or a gang and get killed out of nowhere and lose all your pelts? Now imagine trying to do that and there are other human players who know exactly how frustrating it is to be killed when you have pelts on your horse, and they're happy to camp out by a vendor and one shot anyone who comes strolling up to sell their poo poo.

A whole bunch of poo poo in online isn't going to be fun until there's private lobbies. I got through a bunch of the missions yesterday, but the first time I tried to play the story missions that start in Blackwater, there were a couple of assholes just camping out by the mission giver and shooting anyone who got near.

The actual missions are kinda lame but the ones with choices at the end are a fun idea. I played one where the choice was split 2/2 and the game had to tiebreak it for us.

Anyone who thinks you get a fair amount of money for doing things right now compared to how much things cost is a crazy person. I played for five or six hours yesterday and got through apparently more than 50 percent of the story missions they have to offer and I still don't have enough money to buy a shotgun. I could buy a varmint rifle for hunting, but see above on why I'm not willing to do that. However the expanded clothing selection online is nice, and the cosmetic stuff for the most part is priced a bit better than the guns so you don't have to go bankrupt buying a hat.

This very clearly isn't a "beta" though and lol at anyone falling for rockstar's marketing on that.

e: You can already see the division popping up in this thread between people hoping to engage with the actual online systems and the people who think it's the highest form of entertainment to be wet blankets and ruin everyone else's fun.

but you don't lose pelts if someone kills you in online?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is it because I'm max honor or because I'm in chapter 6 that I can turn down rewards from stranger missions? Never noticed that before.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Slim Killington posted:

This bug is an exact carryover from GTAO. We all logged in one week to find our characters had saggy leather Florida retiree skin.

I remember when gtao first launched, I created a character and eventually she transformed into some bald headed woman with red headphones.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

rap music posted:

but you don't lose pelts if someone kills you in online?

If true it might be the only thing in online that doesn't cause you to lose pelts.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

shut up blegum posted:

Is it because I'm max honor or because I'm in chapter 6 that I can turn down rewards from stranger missions? Never noticed that before.

No, I'm at low honor and it's giving me the same options. Given the way the story is going I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

UnknownMercenary posted:

No, I'm at low honor and it's giving me the same options. Given the way the story is going I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

Yeah, makes sense. Just wondered if I suddenly became too honorable to accept family heirlooms as payment or something like that :clint:

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Maybe I've just gotten lucky playing much of yesterday and this morning that I haven't experienced any griefers or even been killed by another player outside of once during a mail delivery mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope rdo gets a mode where you can play as a bear