Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

chitoryu12 posted:

We got a resume at the other company for a graphic artist that was very flowery and pink, like a non-pony version of that one. She got hired based on her credentials, but she ended up being a bizarre womanchild who got let go within 2 weeks because she annoyed the entire staff so badly that people were literally hiding from her to avoid her talking to them.

When she got told that she wasn’t working out, she refused to leave for 2 hours demanding to know what she did wrong and running around asking other people what they didn’t like about her.

Soooooo what was wrong with her besides you were scared of a womanchild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, what? I assumed the Time Cube guy was some old psycho.
What happened?

Its explained in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7lWCqbgQnU

I had no idea what time cube was other than something weird and racist, but its way mor than that. The TLDR about the suicide thing is this kid from Australia really bought into Time Cube, and eventually he got to meet Gene Ray, he recorded the whole thing where it seems like the kid is pretty unimpressed by meeting Ray but something happened after the visit where Ray condemed the kid which eventually lead to a mental break that ended with him throwing himself in front of a train before a bunch of people.

Ray didn't really seem to care.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

MageMage posted:

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MageMage posted:

Still mad you got fired huh?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish someone would also fire all menchildren, but then there would be almost no developers left.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I see no downside?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TinTower posted:

One of the weirdest things about the whole chrischan thing is that the founders of Kiwi Farms are incredibly loud internet tankies.

Because the revolution needs harassment of autistic trans women, I guess.

i wanna know about the kiwi farm tankies because that sounds absolutely hilarious

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MageMage posted:

lol it isn't enough to try and start a stupid argument, you have to make it personal as if the poster is the one who fired her. does that make you feel good?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Any resume or letter I get with "ain't" on it wins an instant vacation to the shredder.

We got a resume for a cook position once that had "good at basketball" under "other relevant skills"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's important to know. From courts to quarts, that baller's got you covered.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

We got a resume for a cook position once that had "good at basketball" under "other relevant skills"

So you hired him sight unseen?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah that is only relevant if you're applying for a sales job

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
His job history was empty and he was 35, so no

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

lol it isn't enough to try and start a stupid argument, you have to make it personal as if the poster is the one who fired her. does that make you feel good?

There's a certain type of Internet weirdo whose primary hobby is getting offended on behalf of people they've never met. Sometimes they get lost and end up here on something awful dot com, it is best to ignore them :)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i wanna know about the kiwi farm tankies because that sounds absolutely hilarious

They're Trumpkins, not tankies, in my observation.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Just lol at MageMage getting offended at anything

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did you consider that maybe he just got fired from every other job because his bosses were jealous of his b-ball skills? And that's why he didn't put any of them down? Huh? Did you?! Hire me damnit!!!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

To be fair, the amount of lovely manchildren who have stable jobs makes me raise an eyebrow when someone fires a woman for being a lovely womanchild. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You should have made him shoot hoops for it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

To be fair, the amount of lovely manchildren who have stable jobs makes me raise an eyebrow when someone fires a woman for being a lovely womanchild. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though.

If it was apparent she was a lovely womanchild within two weeks it's a lot easier to let her go than someone who's made it past the initial period.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And once again gainful employment is decided by a game of HORSE.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Honeztly, I just figure that a description of other weird annoying poo poo this womanchild did to get fired two weeks in would be good AUG material, but godDAMN folks is gettin' upset, must be personally-identifiable deets.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I work in the airport. We CANNOT afford another Chaos Dunk

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

THANKS 4 HIRING ME LOL
GLOMP

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I like how the viewers' reactions are factored out algebraicly on the faces of the subjects of this photo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

text me a vag pic posted:

THANKS 4 HIRING ME LOL
GLOMP
Always assumed the sound a glomp is supposed to make in real life is that of a fist being thrust into a jar of mayo over and over.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

No, glomp was the sound a friend’s stitches made two weeks post-surgery when someone pulled that poo poo at a convention. No damage done thankfully but that turned friend’s opinion around on the whole glomping thing real fast. Previously it seemed harmless to them, huge wakeup call when they almost got hurt then recognized the consent issues, etc (this was someone in their very early 20s fwiw).

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
If we're still doing terrible first dates, I have mine:

I was 15 or so, going out to a roller-skating date (I'm an old gramma, deal with it) with a ~boy~ I'd met at a church function. He was nice and cute and funny and I quite liked him. We chatted the whole way to the skating rink, with me being extra polite to his dad, who was driving.

When we got to the skating rink, lo and behold, I knew someone there already! My much older sister's ex-boyfriend, Nick, was skating around. I waved to him and went to get my skate rentals, thinking nothing else of it.

Apparently, 24-year-old-Nick took this as a come-on from me (FIFTEEN!) and would. not. leave. my. side. the whole night. He kept grabbing my hand and running his hands up and down my sides. "You're so much cuter than your sister, like a tiny version of her, ha ha..." My actual date kept staring daggers at me the whole time - this was before "being a decent dude" meant things like "making sure your date is actually okay and not just ditching you". My date refused to speak to me while Nick kept forcing himself on to me. He tried to kiss me, which I wormed away from. I hadn't kissed anyone at 15, and wasn't about to have my first experience be with a wormy pedophile.

I finally managed to extricate myself and flee, only to find that my date had left without me, because, again, this was a different time and he was mad that "the whore" (that'd be me) "ditched him" (read: was being molested) the whole night. I begged a ride home from some stranger's mom, because there were no cell phones and I wasn't about to accept a ride from Nick.

That night, when I told my sister what had happened, she shared her own situation with me. She'd broken up with creepy Nick a while back, and he had threatened suicide to try to get back at her / with her (wasn't clear which one it was). In those pre-cell-phone days, she'd had to keep him on the line and frantically write a note to my mother to have her run to our neighbor's house to use their landline to call the police.

What I'm saying is men are terrible :)

Thursday Next has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Nov 28, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skeleton Ape posted:

There's a certain type of Internet weirdo whose primary hobby is getting offended on behalf of people they've never met. Sometimes they get lost and end up here on something awful dot com, it is best to ignore them :)

Freddie Mercury Poisoning.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Thursday Next posted:

I begged a ride home from some stranger's mom, because there were no cell phones and I wasn't about to accept a ride from Nick.

There was no pay phone to call your folks?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

yeah com on
c
a
l
l
A
T
T

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

BiggerBoat posted:

There definitely were. I can’t remember why I didn’t use them. Probably wasn’t thinking too clearly and / or didn’t want to stand outside the closed roller rink for an hour in the dark waiting while nick was there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

text me a vag pic posted:

yeah com on
c
a
l
l
A
T
T

He was trying to get to flavortown, but fell asleep.

So working through though Down the Rabbit Hole and got ot the more recent episodes, which is about Final Fantasy house, which is some prime AUG written content. Of course Goons are involved, apparently one dated one of the people involved.

https://youtu.be/lFRjrLmc_4c

LIke holy poo poo right off the bat it some college kid being convinced to live with (I can't tell if its two women or a man and a woman because one claims they were actually Genova and the other Hojo from FF7) and basically become their slave. It gets really confusing but the woman who thinks she has the Soul of Genova has some religion where people were actually other FF7 (and other JRPG) characters. It involved a ritual where they chanted while ff7 idled in the background claiming to put the souls in their bodies. THis poo poo is just :stare:

I do enjoy seeing forum posts from goons I recognize in the video.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:psyboom: Chriiiiiist.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Is this a video series I should be watching? because I love seeing lives collapse.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Einsturzende Neu Lebt

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

How about an AUG company? I keep getting fed ads for these people. Imagine being this fragile.

quote:

IN A WORLD OF WEAK HANDSHAKES, HERE'S A FINGER-CRUSHING INTRODUCTION.
Duke Cannon hails from a simpler time. A time when the term handyman was redundant. A time when chivalry and patriotism weren’t considered old- fashioned. A time when you never put the word salad next to bar.

But something happened along the way. Men were encouraged to put down their lug wrenches and pick up their phones to hashtag for help. Substance was replaced by the flash of guys taking selfies. And instead of getting up before dawn to build railroads, men started going to the gym at 9 a.m. to ride pretend bicycles.

As any historian worth his salt will tell you, this country was built by folks with a sense of purpose. Duke Cannon’s purpose is simple: to make superior-quality grooming goods that meet the high standards of hard-working men. Our products are tested by soldiers, not boy bands. And they’re made in a little place we like to call the United States of America.

We value things like hard work, family, community, bacon and country; we champion builders, creators, sledge hammerers, holders of doors and fixers of toilets; we have the utmost respect for teachers and farmers and soldiers and first responders—so it’s no wonder good folks feel right at home in Duke Cannon Country.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Show me an item that was tested and approved by a boy band.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Well Timmy, your father died horribly from being electrocuted because he didn't know what he was doing working on the house, but at least he didn't hashtag for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Frankly I'm impressed that he manages to type all that with one hand