Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Give the horse a gun

Give the gun a horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Give the horse 6 guns

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

MonsieurChoc posted:

Game keeps stuttering for me on my new phone, even after clearing the cache. Not cool.

Yeah it seems like it’s still not optimized for iPhone XS completely yet either. Latest update helped, but it still drops frames sometimes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Give the horse a 6-gun

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is the company that still releases Servants with mismatched attack decks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Xiang Yu is so big that some of the servants with lower positioned NPs can sometimes miss the damage numbers for him. I remember I used BB's NP and I just didn't see the numbers pop up on him at all from where she was and half of his upper body was cut off so it was quite the sight.

Dr Pepper posted:

This is the company that still releases Servants with mismatched attack decks.

Idk, if Zerkerlot has taught us anything it's that you can have an NP mismatched with your deck so long as it's compensated for through strong skills and leads towards a generally strong goal, it's just unfortunate Xiang Yu didn't end up being that way.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tamacop page

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nice

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Endorph posted:

those bastards, how dare they gently caress up by releasing a servant who hits things and numbers come out, unlike THIS servant who hits things and numbers come out

I think you're misunderstanding me here

I say he's flat out bad because servant quality matters for two types of people: newbies and statheads. The latter type doesn't care what anyone says, but the former needs honest evaluations if they aren't aiming for waifu. Just saying "yeah he sux but looks cool" like baal did is more helpful than getting mad at people who point it out. :v:

Edit: banner still worth rolling for tho because his SR buddies look really cool. Prince Lanling even gets an unique theme on NP!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Oh hey, first artwork I encountered where Raikou looks attractive. Those apparently DO exist!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the most helpful advice is actually to roll for things that appeal to you. knowing a servant isn't SSS tier OP can result in a fuller view on them but still seems pretty irrelevant

i feel like when people go around saying servants suck (when they really just have some questionable design decisions) it's just as likely to outright deter new players from something they may enjoy because they don't yet grasp that this poo poo doesn't matter

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oh hey, first artwork I encountered where Raikou looks attractive. Those apparently DO exist!

fgo has a lot of talented artists and the constraints of fgo card art being "person standing idly" poses do about 10% of those artists any justice at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Transient People posted:

I say he's flat out bad because servant quality matters for two types of people: newbies and statheads. The latter type doesn't care what anyone says, but the former needs honest evaluations if they aren't aiming for waifu. Just saying "yeah he sux but looks cool" like baal did is more helpful than getting mad at people who point it out. :v:

No one new to this game is going to remember Xiang Yu is poo poo in two years when the character could've been changed in any way to be relevant or even decent at that point and especially when all of the statements made have been through the lense of relating him to Zerkerlot so it's obvious no one has anything worthwhile to say about him if all we can do is compare him to Zerkerlot. Also, the character is a loving day old and even if I made the assessments about the saber and lancer anything dumb could happen that suddenly makes him relevant so I at least wanna give him a bit of time before I chomp down on the definitive "He's rear end/poo poo" train, god forbid.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm glad they finally added the ability to actually see what items do before you buy them. With all the billions of CEs running around it gets confusing some times. Now if only they added a event filter so I could easily tell what CEs I should put into storage in case I need them later.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Space Flower posted:

tamacop page

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
All those cops take bribes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pierson posted:

All those cops take bribes.

Which makes them better than American cops who just kill you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every one of these cops would absolutely kill you

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

But does that servant look cooler than this servant? That's what's important.

And THAT is why Medusa is best everything.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

buff xiang yu by giving him a santa alter lily

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Captain Baal posted:

So no different than any cop.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

I love her animations, her NP is old but still flashy and fun... and she's just cool in general.

Her brave chain is probably one of my favourites. Worthy of all these grails, no hesitation.

Hope she gets a cool casual outfit so that we get it in NA in 5 years.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

very appropriate conversation for page 911

e: gently caress, beaten

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You know who would never be a cop? Medea

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And no one talks about actual cops Okita and Hijikata.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Captain Baal posted:

prillya has never hurt anyone, except for that time she was kind of homophobic about yaoi

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Captain Baal posted:

No one new to this game is going to remember Xiang Yu is poo poo in two years when the character could've been changed in any way to be relevant or even decent at that point and especially when all of the statements made have been through the lense of relating him to Zerkerlot so it's obvious no one has anything worthwhile to say about him if all we can do is compare him to Zerkerlot. Also, the character is a loving day old and even if I made the assessments about the saber and lancer anything dumb could happen that suddenly makes him relevant so I at least wanna give him a bit of time before I chomp down on the definitive "He's rear end/poo poo" train, god forbid.

Don't we occasionally get new players for jp fgo when big events or singularities launch? I dont disagree that there might be something I'm missing though - it just sux that his crit boosts aint three turns long since they'd make all the hassle of enabling him worthwhile. Feels like if he'd come out in NA instead of jp he'd be pretty good since we still don't have breakbars so his kit fits perfectly with just doing one humongous damage burst.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Space Flower posted:

prillya has never hurt anyone, except for that time she was kind of homophobic about yaoi

It averages out though because original flavor Ilya would kill you and then also stuff your soul into your decapitated head and keep it as a toy or something.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with jp starting to gate new events behind lb completion it does seem like a much less beginner friendly game, for whatever that's worth

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pureauthor posted:

And no one talks about actual cops Okita and Hijikata.

Well yeah, they're basically secret police. You don't talk about the secret police.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Why would anyone want to commit any crimes and disappoint such a cute face! :kimchi:

Foxy cop wife? Sounds like a series in the making.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

with jp starting to gate new events behind lb completion it does seem like a much less beginner friendly game, for whatever that's worth
Eh, they've been pretty gunshy about that and they've made tons of changes to help people get through part 1 super fast, and you don't actually have to do part 1.5 so there's an entire year's worth of story content you can just skip and do whenever.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Shiny777 posted:

It averages out though because original flavor Ilya would kill you and then also stuff your soul into your decapitated head and keep it as a toy or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also id just like to report that lb3 rules and spartacus is probably one of my favorite characters in the game now

"Can I become like you, Mr. Spartacus?"
"Do not worry, young one. Anyone can become like Spartacus if they resolve to fight injustice. Life itself is a constant battle against oppression."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Endorph posted:

"Do not worry, young one. Anyone can become like Spartacus if they resolve to fight injustice. Life itself is a constant battle against oppression."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCmyiljKo0

:hmmyes:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

Eh, they've been pretty gunshy about that and they've made tons of changes to help people get through part 1 super fast, and you don't actually have to do part 1.5 so there's an entire year's worth of story content you can just skip and do whenever.

i did forget the permanent ap discounts to story, plus this new follow feature. also fp gacha having the new embers. so catching up isn't that big of a deal even as it's starting to be required.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dawgstar posted:

Don't sell her short, there are lots of reasons that Medusa is best at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Jing Ke has joined Medusa in the hallowed halls of mounting people's face as part of her Extra attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv474I9Xp0Y