Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Dr Christmas posted:

What I'm wondering is, after all the stuff we've seen people quickly recover from, Why does Himuro still have his arm in a cast? Haruo iswalking around after being impaled.

His arm has been fine since the day they arrived on the island, but he keeps the cast on to pick up the ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
In the marvelous seki fight it seemed like muteba was getting more into it and his attitude towards the kengan matches was changing to resemble that of the other fighters. i guess fighting wakatsuki is a lot less fun though

I hadnt thought about it like this before but thats a testament to sekis skill as a performer... he was able to get a cold and pragmatic fighter to warm up and enjoy the fight for its own sake. Muteba may have won the match but seki won his heart and ours.

e: and he also made muteba cool since he wasnt that interesting in his 1st fight. thats the mark of a great heel, he pumps the audience up for his opponent.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
There is also the fact getting hit with a Blast Core loving sucks

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

My favorite thing about the chapter was the fact that shark-toothed lady is a fan of Predator.

Yeah, "I made these rad eyes because I thought Predator fuckin' owned" was an amazing reason for making cybernetic eyes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Muteba owns

https://mangadex.org/chapter/491032/1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm stunned that he put pants on afterwards.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

muteba getting off the stage so gensai can kill rei as soon as possible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

muteba getting off the stage so gensai can kill rei as soon as possible

Your faith in this manga is endearing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its just a shame he's not hanging around to see who the winner is. Its not like he's going straight back to doing a job

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he's getting a head start on all those child support payments

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jose posted:

Its just a shame he's not hanging around to see who the winner is. Its not like he's going straight back to doing a job

He's just going back to the bungalow to get another suit. I'm sure he'll be back in the dome hangin' out with Jun and Haru after the next match.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Somehow The Genocider is the smartest, most level headed and most endearing character out of everyone in this manga.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Not only is Muteba a deadly combatant, a snappy dresser, and a brilliant tactician, he's also adept at customer service.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope we haven't seen the last of Muteba...hell, I'd read a spinoff all about him.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Kanos posted:

Not only is Muteba a deadly combatant, a snappy dresser, and a brilliant tactician, he's also adept at customer service.

Gotta do it all if you want to be the best merc in the world. Which he is.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

Don't forget that he's also a skilled and selfless lover of women.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

I hope we haven't seen the last of Muteba...hell, I'd read a spinoff all about him.

Same but lol at a manga with a black guy as the main character

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

Blaster Knuckle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How many chapters did that manage?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jose posted:

How many chapters did that manage?

Not nearly enough :(

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/491654/1

four people and none of them were rei, disappointing

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Setsuna picked a weird moment to run riot. I assume this all some circuitous method of getting a fight with Ohma but I don't see how.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Setsuna is going full Hisoka, and you never want to go full Hisoka.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I am in awe at the size of this lad

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Setsuna just delayed the ownage of Rei by another chapter. He truly is the worst.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was kind of hoping that setsuna would murder rei and take his spot

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If Setsuna goes for Rei instead of Literally Blind and Crippled Waka he's even dumber than he appears.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

If Setsuna goes for Rei instead of Literally Blind and Crippled Waka he's even dumber than he appears.

Him attacking people who aren't Kuroki is weird enough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
setsuna wants to get back into the tournament and will probably succeed, but i still don't know what the heck he was doing this chapter. maybe he is assuming that rei will win for some mysterious and stupid reason and is planning to come back after rei beats gensai?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Nezu Masami hanging out with Haruo and Saw Paing, hell yeah. Also, does Rei really not know who did this? It's almost like he had his head buried in someone's chest instead of watching his opponent's last match.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

my parents boyfriend posted:

Nezu Masami hanging out with Haruo and Saw Paing, hell yeah. Also, does Rei really not know who did this? It's almost like he had his head buried in someone's chest instead of watching his opponent's last match.

Have we gotten any hints as to wheather or not Reis CEO actually likes him or is just using her ability to charm anyone that even almost worked on Tomari

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

billy bat

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I'm not sure what Setsuna's aiming at, here. If his goal was just to fight Ohma again, it would make more sense for him to try to kill and replace Wakatsuki, and if his goal was a rematch with Kuroki it doesn't make sense why he stopped where he did.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
There's nothing stopping him now from just ambushing ohma later and demanding a fight. Knowing setsuna though this could just be simply to deal with an abrupt murderboner.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1068281989264883712

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Zerilan posted:

There's nothing stopping him now from just ambushing ohma later and demanding a fight. Knowing setsuna though this could just be simply to deal with an abrupt murderboner.

I don't think Setsuna has ever been shown to kill people for no reason or just the pleasure of it. Every time he's gone all kill crazy it's been for a reason, even if it's been an insane one like "that guy splattered blood on Ohma, SACRILEGE!"

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!

Meme Emulator posted:

Have we gotten any hints as to wheather or not Reis CEO actually likes him or is just using her ability to charm anyone that even almost worked on Tomari

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any real indication aside from just her general personality. But considering she's a kengan association member and even Cosmo's CEO thinks of him as a tool, I'm guessing she's not actually into anyone.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Golden Please Group CEO is a snake. If this was a fantasy manga, she'd have the power of seduction and be the final boss for our boss to beat. Her nemesis is Setsuna cause he's only got eyes for Ohma.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

I don't think Setsuna has ever been shown to kill people for no reason or just the pleasure of it. Every time he's gone all kill crazy it's been for a reason, even if it's been an insane one like "that guy splattered blood on Ohma, SACRILEGE!"

he just saw Ohma beat Cosmo using the Niko style, of course he's pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

he just saw Ohma beat Cosmo using the Niko style, of course he's pissed

Yeah but what does that have to do with some random bodyguards in front of a completely unrelated CEO/Fighter's room?