Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't understand why they don't just use the wanted system online in towns. Like offline if I get in a minor scuffle in town I have the law swarming me but online I can get shot in the head while talking to the sheriff and nothing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
there should just be crack shot guards by the quest givers or a bigger immunity bubble.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
This is my favorite RDR2 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWdv5asDlA

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

If they did the wanted system from single player in online the towns would all just be giant clusterfucks of infinitely spawning policemen.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It doesn't matter what kind of limited interaction rockstar chooses to go with, carebears want every ounce of multiplayer to be consumed solo or strictly PVE and unless they get exactly that, everyone else is going to have daddy issues or be a wet blanket and it's them that should go play another game.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zigmidge posted:

It doesn't matter what kind of limited interaction rockstar chooses to go with, carebears want every ounce of multiplayer to be consumed solo or strictly PVE and unless they get exactly that, everyone else is going to have daddy issues or be a wet blanket and it's them that should go play another game.

This but unironically

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its actually a relief that the cops dont aggro for pvp crimes since it was a huge pain in the rear end in gtao

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

The Fool posted:

If they did the wanted system from single player in online the towns would all just be giant clusterfucks of infinitely spawning policemen.

This would be a bad thing?

Also in case it wasnt answered you can refresh ammo from the purchase menu between matches. Also pvp is hilarious if you treat it as a tomahawk training ground and run around like an insane axe man.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

titties posted:

This but unironically

When I buy a PS4 can you bless my ears with the grace of your baritone voice in this wildest of wests

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Ainsley McTree posted:

I hope rdo gets a mode where you can play as a bear

GTAO sorta did! You could be a beast at one time randomly.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

the problem, ultimately, is that people are different from me

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

this post gave me ptsd

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zigmidge posted:

When I buy a PS4 can you bless my ears with the grace of your baritone voice in this wildest of wests

What happened to your PS4?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

rap music posted:

this post gave me ptsd

plz dont report my griefing, i don't wanna take daddy rockstar's cock out of my rear end yet

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

titties posted:

What happened to your PS4?

I had to burn it before engaging in pc master race baiting with those gtao ps4 dudes from the old thread

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
None of this is fair because I want to play the game my own way and going online forces me to share a map with people who might have different agendas! Rockstar bubble wrap this poo poo asap, I don't have any friends or cowboy guns so I have no way to deal with jerks.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its actually a relief that the cops dont aggro for pvp crimes since it was a huge pain in the rear end in gtao

A better bounty system would work and real tepid police responses would be fine (it would help jack the bounty up) but cops everywhere would suck.

That said i locked down armadillo yesterday alone for like an hour lol. And npc really should have walked up behind me and plugged me to end that or something but nothing happened i just got bored. Then i kill some random npc in the middle of the woods and i got a drat bounty so i dont know what the gently caress is going on.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

They should just remove the dumb story missions and turn it into a battle royale free for all random death match IMHO.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

You're going to need more than just a lunch hour for that. I want to base my next character off Richardson from HBO's Deadwood.

Run around waving antlers at people and telling them they're pretty

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Gruckles posted:

They should just remove the dumb story missions and turn it into a battle royale free for all random death match IMHO.

Only if they also force first person camera and free aim.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
loving no one will fist fight me its bullshit. You loving cowards with your guns goddamnit!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

has anyone playing online tried running with multiple horses like in single player

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rap music posted:

has anyone playing online tried running with multiple horses like in single player

From watching streams, it appears that your bonded horse follows you just like in single player when you are riding a wild horse. I did not see if you can put things on an unbonded horse however.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The Fool posted:

From watching streams, it appears that your bonded horse follows you just like in single player when you are riding a wild horse. I did not see if you can put things on an unbonded horse however.

i'll test it when i get home in a few hours

might be very profitable if you can bond with random horses in the world

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just got a message that I had paid my stable upkeep fee. So they're continuing that from GTAO, wonderful.

We really need an online thread. I'd do it but I don't think I like the game enough.

Hunting, so far, is a good source of cash. A 2 star deer carcass nets me 4.50 and the pelt 1.25. Can laugh and grow fat on the meat too.

I hope they patch that wrinkle situation at some point. I think my poor character is getting worse and worse. Nature getting back at me, I think.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

A Good cougar carcass sold for 8 bucks which at the rate ive seen these things might be the most profitable business online so far

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

HORMELCHILI posted:

A Good cougar carcass sold for 8 bucks which at the rate ive seen these things might be the most profitable business online so far

I bought the bow with the money you get from the lvl 10 treasure hunt and I've been using that to make a ton of cash selling perfect deer and pronghorn skins/carcasses.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

This is *so* fantastic.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Zigmidge posted:

I had to burn it before engaging in pc master race baiting with those gtao ps4 dudes from the old thread

Well then, it warms the cockles of my heart to know that you graced us with your presence here; a thread for a game that you cant play without a console, while you effortlessly pass down wisdom and insight that no one gives a gently caress about.

Important question: is there a goon crew for this on PS4, or is it the same one as from GTAO?

Also, everything Im hearing makes me think this online game is wonderful and perfect in every way. Tonight will be lovely.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Holy poo poo I'm crying

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Tercio posted:

A really easy and context rich solution would be upping bounties on players the more legitimate crimes they commit. I think players would go hog wild to grab a $100 bounty off some rear end in a top hat if money is as tight as it sounds.
I have a feeling what would happen is the griefers would coordinate to collect bounties on each other. Then since it'd be an easy way to get money in addition to having fun griefing, it would just accelerate the amount of griefing going on.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DogonCrook posted:

loving no one will fist fight me its bullshit. You loving cowards with your guns goddamnit!

Some guy had a hard on for me and chased me down and managed to hogtie me. I broke free as he was carrying me, and proceed to beat the poo poo out of him with my fists. When I knocked him to the ground, I pulled out a gun and blew apart his dick. He didn't even have a chance to react to me dropping from his shoulder and wailing on him.

:v: He screamed over voice chat, calling me a bitch, and saying he was going to hogtie me and kill me while I rode off into the sunset.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

loving hell

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jimbot posted:

Hunting, so far, is a good source of cash. A 2 star deer carcass nets me 4.50 and the pelt 1.25. Can laugh and grow fat on the meat too.

I hope they patch that wrinkle situation at some point. I think my poor character is getting worse and worse. Nature getting back at me, I think.

I've got like $400 from doing half a dozen story missions...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

If you haven't yet, you need to watch this.

Pro-est of pro-clicks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Logged into Free Roam. Near a posse. It is just three of 4 of them running up on me and tackling, tying and stabbing me over and over again. It's been like 20 respawns now.

Betas are so much fun.
[ed]] 22 times

And then I got mauled by a wolf after the 22nd takedown because I spawned way too far from my horse.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 28, 2018

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I've got like $400 from doing half a dozen story missions...

I found the birds that are required for the Exotics side mission in single player also are good money. Their plumes sell for a 1.50 and you tend to get 3 of them per kill. Varmint rifle is their clean kill weapon too.

Also, I'm not sure if it's Pre-order related, ultimate edition or just from the GTAO event, but if you check the fence, you can get a really sweet, decked-out double-action revolver from them for free.

Edit:

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 28, 2018

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Jimbot posted:

I found the birds that are required for the Exotics side mission in single player also are good money. Their plumes sell for a 1.50 and you tend to get 3 of them per kill. Varmint rifle is their clean kill weapon too.

Also, I'm not sure if it's Pre-order related, ultimate edition or just from the GTAO event, but if you check the fence, you can get a really sweet, decked-out double-action revolver from them for free.

It's from the gtao bounty hunt mission I believe.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Jimbot posted:

If you did the GTAO event it's probably that. But if you got the edition that gives you the Varmint Rifle and Shotgun for free in the story you *also* get that for free Online if you check the catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Feenix posted:

Logged into Free Roam. Near a posse. It is just three of 4 of them running up on me and tackling, tying and stabbing me over and over again. It's been like 20 respawns now.

Betas are so much fun.
[ed]] 22 times

And then I got mauled by a wolf after the 22nd takedown because I spawned way too far from my horse.

Honest question: Does the option to go to a new server not exist?