Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

That album f*ckin owns and I really hope this isn’t a breadcrumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This played an ad of some kind of dog sweater as an alternative to cones of shame.

I didn't realize initially it was an ad and was wondering wtf.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

b-minus1 posted:

That album f*ckin owns and I really hope this isn’t a breadcrumb

middle of day 2 would be s pretty dumb time to crumb

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

I still think nat20 should reveal their n1 target.

"I still think N20 should reveal information to scum."

Seriously this is scummy as gently caress with the number of roleblocker/rolecop scum roles I've been seen recently.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Natural 20 posted:

Seriously this is scummy as gently caress with the number of roleblocker/rolecop scum roles I've been seen recently.

to be quite honest this kind of Negativity is the ladt thing I ever expected to see in JOnmysalad mafia, where nothing can ever go wrong

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

to be quite honest this kind of Negativity is the ladt thing I ever expected to see in JOnmysalad mafia, where nothing can ever go wrong

You misspelled "last."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trn91xkJ0w

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

itt I learnt what thunderdome means as it applies to mafia

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Of the current votes I don't really have a preference between Reggae and KB. I do not like the binus vote, because they floated Hal into the spotlight D1 when there was no real momentum on him and no idea he would be NK'd and flip scum. Could be a bus but given there was no indication Hal would die it seems a bit early?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I suppose it could be a very good bus, but I'm leaning to it looking good for him.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I think Reggae parade is town as their argumentation reads consistently.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

b-minus1 posted:

i really hope the scumteam isn't lurking this badly. jimmy's game deserves better

:ghost: :colbert: :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Silence, ghost!

BE GONE FOUL sPIRIT

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Foul spirits are the worst.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I thought Sal was lurking til I realised they'd changed av.

hosed up

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I thought Sal was lurking til I realised they'd changed av.

hosed up

Wait what the gently caress.

SAL WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO CHANGE YOUR AV?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I got my old Brodus Clay av in a Royal Rumble toxx like 5 or 6 years ago. I've just been too lazy to change it (even though I was in "Get a New Avatar Mafia" and Town won). But in the USPOL thread they were changing av if you quoted a post with a picture of your thanksgiving dinner. I didn't have any photos, but quoted post anyways and got a new avatar.

But we are not talking about my avatar right now! We are talking about scum and who we should cuddle next to keep the train going!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I got my old Brodus Clay av in a Royal Rumble toxx like 5 or 6 years ago. I've just been too lazy to change it (even though I was in "Get a New Avatar Mafia" and Town won). But in the USPOL thread they were changing av if you quoted a post with a picture of your thanksgiving dinner. I didn't have any photos, but quoted post anyways and got a new avatar.

But we are not talking about my avatar right now! We are talking about scum and who we should cuddle next to keep the train going!

Point. On rereading I don't really support a Reggae lunch either. Nor do I feel AA is particularly suss.

I could go either way on KB and Hawke. If pushed I'd probably prefer a Hawke vote. I'm bad at reading KB and would like more to work with butKB's arguments on Hawke seem better than the other way round.

##vote Hawke

I feel one of them is and I'm leaning here. I haven't played with Hawke before but the strike back at KB doesn't sit well with me.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

People I would vote: KB, Hawke, Amalgam

I think it's fair if I put together my case on KB right now, it won't be a strong case, but I'll make it anyway.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Run me through why the Hal vote on you wasn't a bus.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I looked at Votefinder hoping to be able to coalesce some targets in my mind, but the voting is so broad today and with the deadline in like 6 or 7 hours I'm really not going to have a lot of time to do casing. Is there anyway we could get maybe a 3 or 4 hour extension on the deadline so those of us at work have some additional time?

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Binus, Why is Hal not in your scum list. You are voting for him and looks like trying to get him cuddled even after the above post:

This post seemed off to me when it happened. It's the equivalent of throwing light shade on someone without really doing it at all. I also have difficulty explaining this next part, but it seems weird to talk about Hal, without talking to Hal at any point, especially when creating a post like this.

I get that the point of the post is to point out an inconsistency in Binus's posting, but also Binus was clearly joking and creating a fantasy lumpenlist.

It just reads to me like KB willfully ignored a piece of logic in order to hamfist a post in.

King Burgundy posted:

I don't see anything super obvious in Hal's post history. He really didn't do much.

Max posted:

I see three quotes of Hal's that are useful.

King Burgundy posted:

Hal's vote for Hawke, and the inverse, seems more like bussing to me now after looking through things, then just joking around:

And earlier when Flerp mentions Hal first on his scum list:

Hawke tries to divert attention to me:

I'll start there.

##vote Hawke

This sequence also pinged me when it happened. It read like KB wanted to comment on Hal, Max disagreed, KB comes back in with a changed opinion. Now you can argue that Hal was bussing or Hal wasn't equally well - Hal's posts on Hawke were ALL during his jokey-phase, for example, and Hal doesn't have a meta of hard bussing his team.

But I think the extra weirdness is that this is the case KB stuck with all day. Of everything that's been said, KB is sticking to a hunch that Hal was bussing...

The whole deflection part of the case is weird, because deflection wasn't required at all, flerp made a random post with three names on it. Deflection is useless there.

that’s right I chose to ugnore anything that was posted while I was in cryostasis. two points I would make though are:

1) it’s interesting, To me, that flipped Scum Hal tried to push me yesterday and now scumteam are continuing that streategy
Two) your conclusion about me saying ‘what About KB relies’ on you being town, which seems p unlikely at this Point

King Burgundy posted:

Hal wasn't actually trying to push you. So that is you trying to portray something that isn't there. His case on you was a joke case.

The only person who seems interested in you thus far is me. So there are no scum pushing you. Max didn't want to commit, and bminus quickly changed his mind.

Then this post to double down on his Hawke case, KB kinda disagrees with his ownself from before.

Was Hal bussing and okay with Hawke dying, or was he just throwing a meaningless vote around? If KB is on the side of meaningless jokey vote, then it really feels like this is at odds with his first post, and feels like KB is just saying whatever is key to disagree with what's posted so he can keep looking like he has an opinion.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

A Sometimes Food posted:

Point. On rereading I don't really support a Reggae lunch either. Nor do I feel AA is particularly suss.

I could go either way on KB and Hawke. If pushed I'd probably prefer a Hawke vote. I'm bad at reading KB and would like more to work with butKB's arguments on Hawke seem better than the other way round.

##vote Hawke

I feel one of them is and I'm leaning here. I haven't played with Hawke before but the strike back at KB doesn't sit well with me.

As for HAWKE, their posting reads retaliatory and flimsy to me, I agree with you. I just don't know if a scum player would play that weakly in return to a case being put together about them. A scum player would play a bit more defensively and just point out that's it's impossible KB could read into Hal's play and defuse a situation where they're already down one scumbo. Instead, responding with scatter-brained paranoia reads more townie to me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (2): Natural 20, Toalpaz, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
SHALASHASKA HAWKE (2): King Burgundy, A Sometimes Food
King Burgundy (2): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Max
REGGAE PARADE (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1
Anomalous Amalgam (1): REGGAE PARADE
SalTheBard (0): chaoslord, chaoslord
Natural 20 (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): chaoslord, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2018 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 6 hours, 4 minutes.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

votefinder posted:

The current deadline is November 29th, 2018 at midnight GMT -- that's in about 6 hours, 4 minutes.

6 hours from now I will be in a work meeting. I'll try to leave my vote somewhere useful for the day before then (since it seems like I'm the only proponent of the Amalgam case).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

REGGAE PARADE posted:

This post seemed off to me when it happened. It's the equivalent of throwing light shade on someone without really doing it at all. I also have difficulty explaining this next part, but it seems weird to talk about Hal, without talking to Hal at any point, especially when creating a post like this.

I get that the point of the post is to point out an inconsistency in Binus's posting, but also Binus was clearly joking and creating a fantasy lumpenlist.

It just reads to me like KB willfully ignored a piece of logic in order to hamfist a post in.

This sequence also pinged me when it happened. It read like KB wanted to comment on Hal, Max disagreed, KB comes back in with a changed opinion. Now you can argue that Hal was bussing or Hal wasn't equally well - Hal's posts on Hawke were ALL during his jokey-phase, for example, and Hal doesn't have a meta of hard bussing his team.

But I think the extra weirdness is that this is the case KB stuck with all day. Of everything that's been said, KB is sticking to a hunch that Hal was bussing...

The whole deflection part of the case is weird, because deflection wasn't required at all, flerp made a random post with three names on it. Deflection is useless there.

Then this post to double down on his Hawke case, KB kinda disagrees with his ownself from before.

Was Hal bussing and okay with Hawke dying, or was he just throwing a meaningless vote around? If KB is on the side of meaningless jokey vote, then it really feels like this is at odds with his first post, and feels like KB is just saying whatever is key to disagree with what's posted so he can keep looking like he has an opinion.

Interesting. Given you haven't played with me in awhile, I thought your reasoning for voting me would be based on my style of play being different then you remember and that is why I was thinking it was probably valid(your previous comment was that I was being guarded I believe). But none of that is here. And I think the logic for most of this is pretty flawed.

For example, the sequence that pinged you, took place over the course of minutes. It is quite obvious if you look at time stamps that my post with the case on Hawke was in process before Max's followup post as my post was only 4 minutes later. No reasonable person would think I made that case as a response to Max.

And there is zero conflict between me saying Hal's vote was a joke vote and that it was bussing. It obviously wasn't a hard bus. He wasn't really trying to get Hawke cuddled. He was pushing just enough to make it look legit with his "who else is scum if not you" shpeel, while not having to stay there since the initial vote was based on nothing. (On a side note, this is similar to something I think happened with Nep at the end of voting. Looks like he decided Hal was a safe place to bus since it wasn't going to happen, so he'd rather get the cred for being on that vote at deadline)

I don't see how you can come to these conclusions honestly. I would now also vote Reggae with no issues.

I still feel best about my Hawke vote though. I think I'm right and I want to gloat about it tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The vote is spread super evenly over 4 players. This is normally where I'd say "what happens when I do this" and vote someone to tie things up but now I'm just waiting to see who makes the first move.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah we're getting close to deadline. I'll be around for it and am probably going to switch off my current vote to someone scummier now.

Comments on the past few posts:

Natural 20 posted:

I think this is an important discussion to have. Revealing that information would generally give scum an idea about what the role is. If you targetted someone who didn't look scummy at the end of D1 that means you're a doc. If you targeted someone lurking or with a lot of intrigue you'd be a Cop.

It isn't too hard to imagine what you could do with the info of who Asiina/Nat20 targeted, and revealing who was targeted also negates the ability to do certain town gambits. I think revealing the info is a bad town play and bad fishing.

I do like 1-2 of B-'s posts that he's recently made, and it does sound somewhat like bored vanilla town talking, but again this is a bad thing to request.

I also feel like Sal has been making a lot of comments on general play in regards to not thunderdoming, and about the avatar and 'putting us back on track', but it also reads like contentless posts. Like if you read through Sal's posting history today it's mostly meta pings and 'we're on the case of scum', apologies, votes, and unvotes. I don't see a lot of casework and I'd like to see more. Like the vote on B- for scum claiming (policy vote, doesn't want to be trolled) and unvoted because B- says it's a joke? Like what if B- just made another troll post? It doesn't read as natural to me.

His night action and D1 posting read as natural to me, it just concerns me how much Sal asks us to stay on track without making substantial claims or reads about other players.

I'll think up more reads and comment on the front runners soon, cause it looks like we're at an impasse somewhat.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hi all, sorry for the absence particularly yesterday I tried reading a couple times and just felt super distracted. Gonna try to organize my thoughts here about a few players in some posts. I'm multitasking so it might take a little bit.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

I also feel like Sal has been making a lot of comments on general play in regards to not thunderdoming, and about the avatar and 'putting us back on track', but it also reads like contentless posts. Like if you read through Sal's posting history today it's mostly meta pings and 'we're on the case of scum', apologies, votes, and unvotes. I don't see a lot of casework and I'd like to see more. Like the vote on B- for scum claiming (policy vote, doesn't want to be trolled) and unvoted because B- says it's a joke? Like what if B- just made another troll post? It doesn't read as natural to me.

His night action and D1 posting read as natural to me, it just concerns me how much Sal asks us to stay on track without making substantial claims or reads about other players.

I was noticing that same thing today and wondered if it was going to get brought up. I'm just conflicted because I really have no loving clue who to vote for. Most of the cases seem solid but then they all point their fingers at each other.

I voted for person who claimed scum, but I don't think B- is serious so I don't feel like that is worth being the sole deciding factor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm also feeling guilty about the interaction with Asiina to the point I wanted to replace out

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Starting with b-minus, I think his play has been kinda all over the place with the calls to claim and provide action info and openly claiming to be scum/jester and such. I don't really know what to make of it. I pretty much feel neutral about voting for him. Part of that stems from seeing him do this sort of stuff in a previous game and he did not only turn out to be town but he pretty much figured everything out by the end so I'm torn- if he's going somewhere with this I feel like it could pay off later. If nothing else he is engaged and I think that is likely to continue, so maybe not even neutral but "lean no" is where I stand on voting b-minus right now.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Natural 20 posted:

Run me through why the Hal vote on you wasn't a bus.

show me how it was a bus

also Demonstrate why asinina, a low Effort scum player, and now you, are not the scums given her low energy postign

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Moving on to KB. KB's actual arguments seem like they're well-formed and have actual thought and effort put into them. One of the posts I like here is simple:

King Burgundy posted:

I don't see anything super obvious in Hal's post history. He really didn't do much.

KB followed this up with a closer look at Hal's post history and following dissection that did have a point to it. Scum could easily just drop the above post and then never follow up on it, whereas I can get this image of KB putting in the additional effort to try and glean something out of what Hal left. As a result I'd say it's a town lean for KB.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I'm also feeling guilty about the interaction with Asiina to the point I wanted to replace out

Glad you didn't. It was just a misunderstanding.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry dont have time for much. Busy with work things.

Lumpen

Town
AA, lovable idiot, stalwart betrayer
Bee
Sal
Toal

Scum
Maybe 20
Clord
Nepal

3p
Max
Probably 1 more for reasons.
Maybe sal if more curious kills.

Null
Hal
And everyone else not mentioned because not referencing player list.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh reggae, I feel like it's a slapfight and I keep getting baited into slapping.

Reggae is town imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote nep

Null on kb.

Need to confer with the dogfather

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

As long as you legitimately apologize, I think Asiina is the type to not care. You're fine.

REGGAE PARADE
Apr 3, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Interesting. Given you haven't played with me in awhile, I thought your reasoning for voting me would be based on my style of play being different then you remember and that is why I was thinking it was probably valid(your previous comment was that I was being guarded I believe). But none of that is here. And I think the logic for most of this is pretty flawed.

For example, the sequence that pinged you, took place over the course of minutes. It is quite obvious if you look at time stamps that my post with the case on Hawke was in process before Max's followup post as my post was only 4 minutes later. No reasonable person would think I made that case as a response to Max.

And there is zero conflict between me saying Hal's vote was a joke vote and that it was bussing. It obviously wasn't a hard bus. He wasn't really trying to get Hawke cuddled. He was pushing just enough to make it look legit with his "who else is scum if not you" shpeel, while not having to stay there since the initial vote was based on nothing. (On a side note, this is similar to something I think happened with Nep at the end of voting. Looks like he decided Hal was a safe place to bus since it wasn't going to happen, so he'd rather get the cred for being on that vote at deadline)

I don't see how you can come to these conclusions honestly. I would now also vote Reggae with no issues.

I still feel best about my Hawke vote though. I think I'm right and I want to gloat about it tomorrow.

The four minute difference is something I hadn't considered. At the time I was in the middle of the rush of making my case so maybe I was thinking and acting and posting a little bit quicker and felt like it was longer than four minutes, but then again, respectfully, I could've put your case together in four minutes. :P

I think there is a conflict between saying it is a joke vote and bussing. Obviously you could do both simultaneously, but the whole point of bussing is to gain credit if the other player or you flip scum. If you clearly do it lightly, it makes no sense because you get no credit for it. Hal isn't going to half-rear end the decision to bus a scumbo.

Also I think Nep's situation is different. The Hal vote had 3 if not more voters there, Nep switching really could have taken things in another direction. Though, I do agree, it wasn't a very serious attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
we need to resolve the kb/hawke situation at some point, but im fine with voting nep or nat20. i think nat20 is a better choice for today ##unvote

• Locked thread