Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They have to do a dream episode this season. They did Friday the 13th, this upcoming one is chucky. The dream one would be nightmare on elm St.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Hellraiser episode when?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

GreenNight posted:

uhh what?!

Next week’s killer doll episode of Legends of Tomorrow will include a surprise appearance from Paul Reubens as Pee-wee Herman.

As long as he makes a 'Today's secret word is... BEEBO' joke, I'm cool with this.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Phylodox posted:

Hellraiser episode when?
Here's my pitch:

French mathematician Blaise Pascal solves a cursed puzzle, releasing a demon that John Constantine has to rescue him from.

Episode title: Hellblaiser

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 28, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Robot Hobo posted:

Here's my pitch:

French mathematician Blaise Pascal solves a cursed puzzle, releasing a demon that John Constantine has to rescue him from.

Episode title: Hellblaiser
Somehow, the Legends need to win Pascal's soul via a bet.

That post reminds me. If this show ends without someone punching Laplace's Demon in the crotch, I'll be very sad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

That post reminds me. If this show ends without someone punching Laplace's Demon in the crotch, I'll be very sad.

Given how it's this show, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some combination of Ray/Mick/Sara punch Maxwell's Demon in the crotch.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mick could become Maxwell's Demon as easily as any other outcome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Mick could become Maxwell's Demon as easily as any other outcome.

Ray gives Mick the ATOM suit for one mission, Mick shrinks down to atomic size and beats the poo poo out of Entropy to solve a problem.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

Ray gives Mick the ATOM suit for one mission, Mick shrinks down to atomic size and beats the poo poo out of becomes Entropy to "solve" a problem.

updated

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

OB_Juan posted:

I'm disappointed that I missed that angle. Good catch.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'll admit it, when Sarah disappeared in Ava's office during their sexcapades due to Hank Henshaw interrupting, I thought Ava was daydreaming that whole scene.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vietnamwees posted:

I'll admit it, when Sarah disappeared in Ava's office during their sexcapades due to Hank Henshaw interrupting, I thought Ava was daydreaming that whole scene.

Same.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The Lord Bude posted:

I agree with points 1 and 2. Mona is a character I currently like, but she's also the sort of character who could become annoying if they overuse her or lean too far into the quirky.

Well, there's a thing called character development, and it wouldn't be very reasonable at all to have her character stay exactly the same unless she's brain damaged.

Right now she's geeking out over seeing all the mythical creatures she's read about all her life and working alongside time traveling superheroes, neither of which she knew existed a few days ago when she was just just a delivery girl constantly being called out to a particular office building because a dweeb who worked there had a crush on her and ordered food just to meet her. Some of that may pass when she gets more jaded from being around magical creatures daily.

For example, Ava used to be cold and distant because she never had a childhood or a family and later even discovered that she was grown in a lab and her memories were planted. While the show still has her uncomfortable about kid stuff like birthdays and summer camps, her girlfriend and co workers make it their mission to "humanize" her, something that often leads to her showing the persona of the giggly schoolgirl she never got to be. This last episode had another turning point where the lockdown forced her into having a birthday party with her new BFFs and chat with Nora about the boy who likes her and sent her a note in class.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vietnamwees posted:

I feel like that's how they intended it. That's why it focuses on Sarah's shoe so you're going "wait was that a dream? Wait no there's a shoe!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like that's how they intended it. That's why it focuses on Sarah's shoe so you're going "wait was that a dream? Wait no there's a shoe!"

No, that was obviously an “Oh, poo poo, Biffdad’s gonna see the shoe and start asking questions!” shot. Hence Sara diving in and swiping it.

Like, did you all forget Sara’s literally a ninja?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I thought that one of the magic prisoners had illusion or mind control powers and had escaped for that whole scene

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Phylodox posted:

No, that was obviously an “Oh, poo poo, Biffdad’s gonna see the shoe and start asking questions!” shot. Hence Sara diving in and swiping it.

Like, did you all forget Sara’s literally a ninja?

I think it might be both, as in you're supposed to think maybe it was a dream because of how they shoot Ava opening her eyes, but then as soon as the shoe drops you realise "oh poo poo, it actually happened, uh oh".

I know I thought she might have imagined it before the shoe dropped too, in any case.

Melusine fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 30, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

I love the episode titles on this show.

I'm convinced a not-insignificant number of episode plots stem from someone thinking up a good pun/gag title. My favorite is still "Helen Hunt".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Argue posted:

These episodes are so densely packed now, in a good way. I actually pay full attention to the show now, whereas with the other three I largely just keep them on in the background while I do other things and I rarely miss a plot point. Really fun ep, fun historical cameos, and it made good on my hope that we'd see Tom Wilson do a bit on the guitar at some point.

I've been catching up after missing a few weeks for family reasons, and watching online is difficult because the episodes are so full. Didn't realize how much I was using the commercial breaks to come up for air, as it were.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only way Arrow redeems is Slade coming back for one episode, skull fucks diaz and the league of useless weapons to death and Fez gets hit by a bus.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Was that a reasonably accurate portrayal of Hemingway?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ither posted:

Was that a reasonably accurate portrayal of Hemingway?

...Maybe? That’s the thing, just like PT Barnum, the man was beyond parody at times, so portraying him accurately is legit hard. The man led an amazing adventurous life, wrote a bunch of really well received material, but was also an incredible rear end in a top hat and Toxic Masculinity made flesh. Also keep in mind the Legends is a comedy show, so “accurate” always has a giant * on it.

If you want a more... nuanced portrayal of the man, check out Clive Owen’s take in Hemingway and Gellhorn by HBO.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I rewatched the Flash and Arrow episodes that preceded Legends kicking off recently and I think Vandal Savage could really fit with the modern tone of the series. Not as a season-long villain god no but I'd love to see him show up for an episode or two and really ham it up all over the place

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CainsDescendant posted:

I rewatched the Flash and Arrow episodes that preceded Legends kicking off recently and I think Vandal Savage could really fit with the modern tone of the series. Not as a season-long villain god no but I'd love to see him show up for an episode or two and really ham it up all over the place

Vandal was definitely more the symptom than the disease. The whole show just took some time to find its footing.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

You know who else would be great on this show? Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Phenotype posted:

Not even the show's current tone and quality could save Hawkman. Hawkgirl, on the other hand, would actually be pretty good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

CainsDescendant posted:

Sadly, the first season brought down the quality of all 3 shows that season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

Not even the show's current tone and quality could save Hawkman. Hawkgirl, on the other hand, would actually be pretty good.

I dunno. I think Gideon could land on him. That'd be pretty funny.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

I think what would be great is for the former shapeshifter Charlie to have retained the ability to mimic. So for instance even though she can't change her looks she could adopt the accent, language skills, mannerisms etc to have fit in perfectly in 1920s France. Or wherever and whenever they go next.

How to start an episode with a bang

Prot-tip: What not to say to White Canary: I must warn you I will hit a girl

And as Sara says, 'That's how you finish a Legends mission".

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Caity lotz is flaming hot

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
ahahahaha Sarah and Ava just keep getting better

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that a woman in skimpy lingerie was seducing another woman on a major network’s flagship show and it was played for comedy instead of shock?

Sometimes we don’t notice societal progress until it hits us in the face :unsmith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chokes McGee posted:

a major network’s flagship show

:thunk:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that a woman in skimpy lingerie was seducing another woman on a major network’s flagship show and it was played for comedy instead of shock?

Sometimes we don’t notice societal progress until it hits us in the face :unsmith:

And the screwball element of it wasn’t “Oh no, we can’t let Hank see Sara because he’s a bigot”, it’s “We can’t let Hank catch us loving around because he’s our boss and he’ll fire both of us.”

And on that note, I really appreciate what the did with Hank’s character over the course of this mini arc too. You expect him to be a miserable bastard and antagonistic force, but no he’s actually a pretty chill dude who’s easily won over with concrete examples and explanations who just thinks his son is a bit of a dink but still loves him in the end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Legends is the reason television exists and you know it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Legends is the reason television exists and you know it

This is factual as they went back in time an assured the creation of television.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

You expect him to be a miserable bastard and antagonistic force, but no he’s actually a pretty chill dude who’s easily won over with concrete examples and explanations who just thinks his son is a bit of a dink but still loves him in the end.

I mean...he's still a shady government guy who's planning on making an army of supernatural monsters, so...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I mean...he's still a shady government guy who's planning on making an army of supernatural monsters, so...

An army of supernautral monsters being tamed by Mona, let's not forget. This being Legends, I wouldn't be surprised if Hank pulls off the moonshot and actually creates the Monster Avengers or something...

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nine-gear crow posted:

An army of supernautral monsters being tamed by Mona, let's not forget. This being Legends, I wouldn't be surprised if Hank pulls off the moonshot and actually creates the Monster Avengers or something...
He'll try, but every single monster will have been Mona'd into being too chill and friendly by then, and they'll be utterly useless as a fighting force. Unless someone threatens Mona herself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

They're called the Creature Commandos tyvm.