Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Orv posted:

Do it, pussy. You won't. I bet you won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Preordered it yeah this looks really good.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

yep i'm sold

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I didn't really follow Rebirth's launch incredibly closely. Did it look this good, or was it more evident that it would be a piece of poo poo?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Did I just see a Freespace-rear end laser come off that capital ship? :gizz:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rebirth doesn't look this good now.

Like this looks like a really big step up from rebirth as it presently exists.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Geforce GTX 960 and an Intel 4690.

Welp. Looks like I know what my weight loss goal is now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

drat that map looks nice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It really does, full 3d and everything, wanted that for ages in an X game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Looks pretty cool so far, do notice some framerate issues though but if that's the worst of it I'm sold.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Popete posted:

Looks pretty cool so far, do notice some framerate issues though but if that's the worst of it I'm sold.

I think a lot of that might be the stream, he's reporting good FPS.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hes doing an EVA right now but theres no argon readout! Guess star citizen is better! :crobear:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Well this looks like just fuckin X3 mixed with the parts of Elite I like.

I'm throwing some of my dumbfuck money at it because I am a goddamned idiot, glad to be in the hell-pit with the rest of you idiots

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 28, 2018

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seeing that EVA docking makes me really want to see a TM or another ship that can dock a fighter.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I'm really, really sad that I'm gonna be working 10-12 hour days six days a week for the next six months. :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lol this is like watching my mum try to parallel park

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

^^^ or me every time I load up E:D

EXTREME DOCKING SIMULATOR 2018!!!!!!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Intense PTSD flashbacks to learning to dock in E:D with two joysticks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I kinda like this honestly having to actually loving park your ship.

All the nerds gonna buy a docking computer whereas I am going to crash into the space station.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I can't watch this but I am pleased that my pre purchase seems vindicated :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Was that... a... split??

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Even the station walking looks kinda cool. Modders can have a field day with all this :0

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pre-ordered. I hope the amount of ships didn't suffer *too* much with the need to make interiors for all of them, but as long as there's a decent number I'll be satisfied.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
gently caress

I was going to wait until you all dove on the grenade but now that I'm watching this stream I am overcome with the urge to pre-order.

The aliens all look different but eh, works for me.

Edit: Done.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 28, 2018

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pylons posted:

Pre-ordered. I hope the amount of ships didn't suffer *too* much with the need to make interiors for all of them, but as long as there's a decent number I'll be satisfied.

Most of them don't have a full interior, they have a cockpit and maybe a ramp that connects to the pad. But you move between key points using a lift.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been able to watch much of the stream. Are there player flyable carrier ships with fighter bays? Are there giant gently caress-off freighters for my space truckin needs?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I do user testing for a living and watching this guy fumble around the interface is like most days at the office for me, fuuuuuuck.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Popete posted:

I haven't been able to watch much of the stream. Are there player flyable carrier ships with fighter bays? Are there giant gently caress-off freighters for my space truckin needs?

There were in Rebirth so I would very much expect so.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

There were in Rebirth so I would very much expect so.

I thought Rebirth had you stuck in the same ship the whole time?

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

You were, but you could buy fleets of other ships.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Airspace posted:

gently caress

I was going to wait until you all dove on the grenade but now that I'm watching this stream I am overcome with the urge to pre-order.

The aliens all look different but eh, works for me.

Come on in, the grenade feels lovely pre-explosion.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

They've called out carriers specifically as something you can fly, "from small scouts up to the biggest carrier" or some such.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Popete posted:

I thought Rebirth had you stuck in the same ship the whole time?

Sorry, rebirth had those ships. But yes you could only fly the one.

In X4 you can fly everything, so if it has them, which I would assume, you can fly them.

It looks like they're still using part of the Rebirth model where you regularly use very big freighters, while also including more medium sized ones.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There was some development footage with a Colossus, so I'd assume that's in.

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

This looks much, much better than I thought, honestly. I had huge concerns about the map interface from all the still images I'd seen, but seeing it in action it doesn't look bad at all

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Sorry, rebirth had those ships. But yes you could only fly the one.

In X4 you can fly everything, so if it has them, which I would assume, you can fly them.

It looks like they're still using part of the Rebirth model where you regularly use very big freighters, while also including more medium sized ones.

Honestly I feel like X:R would have worked a lot better in one ship if there was way more upgrading to be done to it. It was too little for that style.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Watching the fighters boost off in combat looks pretty neat.

I also find it curious that there's a wrecked insect type P early on but he's fighting an X3 shaped xenon N.

E: Hah I think the thing just popped flares!

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I see the jumpgates have been enlarged, I guess Argon One can finally be rid of small ship debris.

Hav posted:

Come on in, the grenade feels lovely pre-explosion.

Yes, I think I will.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I want to put my mouth all the way around it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Ha, he rammed into a station and died.

Strangely I feel my preorder more secure after watching it.